Goodreads Status Update Writing Contest discussion

Feedback & Discussion > How would I find this on site?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kay (new)

Kay (kayvreeland) This was part of the emailed Newsletter---try as i would, I could not figure out how to find the newsletter or this "contest" once on Goodreads' site--what's the secret?
Looking for breadcrumbs in the woods,
Kay

message 2: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 1 comments http://www.goodreads.com/newsletter/s...

We just moved it to the authors page so that it is easier to find!

message 3: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (juniperfk) | 5 comments I went to the authors' page. Where the ef are these stories? And where the h do you write and post them if you want to enter. This thing is very confusing and I maneuver my way around websites all the time. How about some clear instrucitons and locations?

message 4: by Sheila (new)

Sheila | 6 comments Just wondering how I'd find someone's entry. Thought they'd be fun to read.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I hear you all, I've been trying to figure out how to enter myself!

message 6: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jessicareading) | 34 comments Mod
Hi everyone, and thanks for the feedback. I'll be posting additional instructions on how to read stories and how to write stories (which we're opening up to posting on Twitter) shortly.

To enter, post in the ENTER THE CONTEST HERE topic with the date and time of the start of your story. Then when you are ready, go to your homepage to start writing (also see the "How to post status updates" topic for more info).

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Jessica,
So, can I try to get this straight?...on home page, I click groups and join the group for the contest.

THEN at http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...
I am to click "topic" and note the date and time when I will start my story. (NOT enter the story posts here, just the date and time that I will start)

Then, to write the story, I go to the home page, click on "status updates," and I must start the first by noting, "Start Story: read my submission for the Goodreads Status Update Writing Contest"
and commence my first post of the story.

Each story posts is limited to 140 characters. (Do the story posts in between need to start with a notation such as "chapter 2"?)

I, then, have 24 hours to tell my story.
The last post of my story should start by noting, "Stop Story: final post of my story for the Goodreads Status Writing Contest"
and follow this with the last entry for my story.

IS THIS ACCURATE IN HOW TO DO THIS CONTEST????????

THANKS! Annette

message 8: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jessicareading) | 34 comments Mod
Annette, that's a pretty good summary! One clarification: to write the story, go to your homepage, and then you enter status updates on the right side of the page in the "I'm currently reading" box. See this post for detailed step-by-step instructions:
http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...