THE JAMES MASON COMMUNITY BOOK CLUB discussion

71 views
Just For Fun > BECOME THE CHARACTER....NAME THE FICTIONAL CHARACTER!!

Comments (showing 1-21 of 21) (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rick (new)

Rick F. | 7225 comments Mod
I thought it would be fun if we tried to becomeour favorite characters from books, describing "ourselves" with a few lines...and seeing who can come up with character/and or book!

I shall start...

"Hi all., I'm just a fry cook from Pico Mundo, happens I can see the dead who don't want to pass over for whatever reason."


message 2: by Anne (new)

Anne (Spartandax) | 104 comments Odd Thomas?


message 3: by Rick (new)

Rick F. | 7225 comments Mod
Anne wrote: "Odd Thomas?"

you got it!!


message 4: by Rick (new)

Rick F. | 7225 comments Mod
"I am a rather large detective, love orchids"


message 5: by Marc (new)

Marc (AuthorGuy) | 47 comments Nero Wolfe.


message 6: by Howard (new)

Howard Loring (howardloringgoodreadscom) | 280 comments "I am rather large, related to a detective, and am indifferent to orchids or most anything else."


message 7: by Rick (new)

Rick F. | 7225 comments Mod
Howard wrote: ""I am rather large, related to a detective, and am indifferent to orchids or most anything else.""

hmmm Mycroft Holmes?


message 8: by Howard (new)

Howard Loring (howardloringgoodreadscom) | 280 comments Yes Rick, just starting out with an easy one, you understand.

Now, I am a member of an ancient & powerful family, yet my death was deemed a necessary to its survival, and so I was killed to preserve its integrity.

Yet, it turns out, to no avail.


message 9: by Rick (last edited Oct 25, 2012 07:22PM) (new)

Rick F. | 7225 comments Mod
Howard wrote: "Yes Rick, just starting out with an easy one, you understand.

Now, I am a member of an ancient & powerful family, yet my death was deemed a necessary to its survival, and so I was killed to preser..."


no clue!!
Caesar?


message 10: by Howard (new)

Howard Loring (howardloringgoodreadscom) | 280 comments Rick, I'm starting to like this thread, but can see it's going to be much tougher than the 'name the movie by line' one that's taken off like wildfire.

Not Caesar, I'm afraid, but noble nonetheless.

I'll tell you tomorrow if no one gets it by then.


message 11: by Barb (last edited Feb 17, 2013 04:14PM) (new)

Barb (lv2scpbk) | 48 comments Howard wrote: "Yes Rick, just starting out with an easy one, you understand.

Now, I am a member of an ancient & powerful family, yet my death was deemed a necessary to its survival, and so I was killed to preser..."


I really have no clue but going out on a limb...Robert the Bruce


message 12: by Howard (new)

Howard Loring (howardloringgoodreadscom) | 280 comments Barbara, wow, it's been a long time since I've seen this thread.

I guess Rick gave up & I forgot to respond, also & I also guess that I was right in that the thread was not so popular as were others he's started.

Remember, knowing Rick is such a classic movie fan, I was doing my best to stump him by refering to a less well known character in a classic flick, who was a real person, but he (Rick, that is) didn't bite.

I was going for Ptolemy XIII of Egypt, Cleopatra's brother/husband.

As she was a legimate member of the royal family, better looking & more plyable to Roman wishes, she was chosen to succeed in her own name, which she did & thus became Cleoparta XIV & only later took sides against Rome with her new squeeze, Marc Anthony.

But only after her younger brother/husband was found dead, floating in the Nile.

It was thought best, in order to keep the line going, but of course, all you need do is watch the movie to see how that turned out.

Caesar, by the by, plays a major part in my latest Epic Fable.

Piercing the Elastic Limit by Howard Loring


message 13: by Rick (new)

Rick F. | 7225 comments Mod
Howard wrote: "Barbara, wow, it's been a long time since I've seen this thread.

I guess Rick gave up & I forgot to respond, also & I also guess that I was right in that the thread was not so popular as were othe..."


I love this thread Howard..think it is a great idea..will have to try tosee if it can catch on..had not clue as to your character...thought and thought..could not come up with it! Great clue tho!


message 14: by Barb (new)

Barb (lv2scpbk) | 48 comments Howard wrote: "Barbara, wow, it's been a long time since I've seen this thread.

I guess Rick gave up & I forgot to respond, also & I also guess that I was right in that the thread was not so popular as were othe..."


I was looking through all the threads, and thought I'd reply.


message 15: by Howard (new)

Howard Loring (howardloringgoodreadscom) | 280 comments Rick & Barbara, here's another classic flick:

I'm an ancient retainer to an ancient family but in another life I was a physicist & in another, much later one, a Medical Doctor.


message 16: by Rick (new)

Rick F. | 7225 comments Mod
Howard wrote: "Rick & Barbara, here's another classic flick:

I'm an ancient retainer to an ancient family but in another life I was a physicist & in another, much later one, a Medical Doctor."


got me on that one!!! sounds so so familiar!


message 17: by Howard (new)

Howard Loring (howardloringgoodreadscom) | 280 comments Come on Rick, you know this guy.

The first two clues are movies & the third, a TV show.


message 18: by Rick (new)

Rick F. | 7225 comments Mod
Howard wrote: "Come on Rick, you know this guy.

The first two clues are movies & the third, a TV show."


Now it can't be James Mason! Hmmmm Paul Muni? But he was never on tv. Robert Young was Marcus Welby but can't match him to the films. Richard Chamberlain perhaps?


message 19: by Howard (new)

Howard Loring (howardloringgoodreadscom) | 280 comments Rick, I'm taking pity on you, but only because you came up with this thread & so I'm also making you work:

Ben Hur, The Day the Earth Stood Still & Ben Casey.

Plus I had a hot 2nd wife 30 yrs my junior & we were very happy for as long as I lasted.


message 20: by Rick (new)

Rick F. | 7225 comments Mod
Howard wrote: "Rick, I'm taking pity on you, but only because you came up with this thread & so I'm also making you work:

Ben Hur, The Day the Earth Stood Still & Ben Casey.

Plus I had a hot 2nd wife 30 yrs my ..."


Ahhhhhhhhhh. Sam Jaffe!!!!! And yes he was married to Bettye Ackerman!!!


message 21: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (Cinnabarb) | 1663 comments Mod
I'm a hobbit from the Shire who leaves an important piece of jewelry to my younger cousin.


back to top