Christian Fiction Bloggers discussion

Archived Buddy Reads > November Buddy Read (Discussion)

Comments (showing 1-13 of 13) (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Megan, ☘ If there's a key, then there has to be a lock ☘ (last edited Oct 24, 2012 03:08AM) (new)

Megan (Celtic_Girl) | 5605 comments Mod
Reading a book is fun, but reading a book with someone makes it SO much more fun! So that is why we started monthly Buddy Reads :D

Here is the November Buddy Read discussion page. Leave a post with the genres you like to read or which books you have that you want to read in November, and then those who want to read the same book(s) or who enjoy the same genres can ask to buddy with you.

Here's an example of how to post:

Hi! I enjoy reading lots of different genres, but my favorite is historical fiction. I am planning on reading A Passion Most Pure by Julie Lessman next month, but I am willing to read another book as well.

Once you know who you are buddying with, please leave a comment HERE with the names of the people buddying up (you can buddy up with more than one person) and the book(s) you will be reading.

Note:
Threads from the previous month(s) will remain in this folder until people are through reading their book(s). Once it is obvious that a discussion thread is finished, it will be moved to the archives.

message 2: by Caitlyn (new)

Caitlyn Santi | 780 comments Hi I am Caitlyn, I enjoy reading fantasy, historical fiction, and suspense! I am going to list a few books I am planning to read in November, but I would be open to any book in the above genres if I have it or can get it from my library!
Unending Devotion by Jody Hedlund Unending Devotion by Jody Hedlund

Against the Tide by Elizabeth CamdenAgainst the tide by Elizabeth Camden
Engraved by Amber GarzaEngraved by Amber Garza
Submerged (Alaskan Courage, #1) by Dani PettreySubmerged by Dani Pettrey
Please note that it will probably be the middle or end of the month before I will get to reading Unending Devotion and Against The Tide as they are review copies and I have not recieved them yet!
Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you :-)

message 3: by Abbi (new)

Abbi | 1192 comments I love Buddy Reads!
Here are some books I plan on reading in Nov!
A Change of Fortune by Jen TuranoA Change of Fortune by Jen Turano (I have to read this before the 12th)
A Passion Redeemed (Daughters of Boston, Book #2) by Julie Lessman A Passion Denied (Daughters of Boston, Book 3) by Julie Lessman A Passion Redeemed & A Passion Denied by Julie Lessman
With Every Letter (Wings of the Nightingale, #1) by Sarah SundinWith Every Letter by Sarah Sundin
Deep in the Heart of Trouble by Deeanne GistDeep In the Heart of Trouble by Deeanne Gist

I have a bunch more I'd be willing to read and most of them are listed here: http://writingchristiannovels.blogspo...

message 4: by Caitlyn (last edited Oct 26, 2012 11:03AM) (new)

Caitlyn Santi | 780 comments Abbi wrote: "I love Buddy Reads!
A Change of Fortune by Jen TuranoA Change of Fortune by Jen Turano (I have to read this before the 12th)
[bookcover:A Passio..."

Abbi. I noticed that Deadly Pursuit by Irene Hannon is on your list, it is on my to read list too! I would love to buddy read it with you, if you are interested!!! If you want to just let me know! :-)

message 5: by Abbi (new)

Abbi | 1192 comments Caitlyn wrote: "Abbi wrote: "I love Buddy Reads!
[bookc..."

I'd love to read Deadly Pursuit with you! I have been wanting to get to it for awhile but other "have to read" books have been getting in the way!

message 6: by Caitlyn (new)

Caitlyn Santi | 780 comments Awesome! I'll sign us up!!!! :-)

message 7: by Janet (new)

Janet | 113 comments Books I will be reading in november Severe Clear by Stuart Woods Full Disclosure by Dee HendersonA Girl Like Janet The Wounded Heart by Adina Senft The Hidden Life by Adina Senft

message 8: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (baseballblondie) | 1104 comments I seriously don't have a clue yet as to what I'll be reading in November. Pretty sure I'll be reading Unending Devotion by Jody Hedlund and at least one other from Bethany House for reviewing. I've just not gotten them in yet.

message 9: by Sara (new)

Sara Ella (saraella) | 16 comments I am planning on reading Angel Eyes by Shannon Dittemore. Anyone want to join me?

Angel Eyes Angel Eyes (Angel Eyes Trilogy, #1) by Shannon Dittemore

message 10: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (baseballblondie) | 1104 comments Sara Beth wrote: "I am planning on reading Angel Eyes by Shannon Dittemore. Anyone want to join me?

Angel EyesAngel Eyes (Angel Eyes Trilogy, #1) by Shannon Dittemore"

Sara that's a good one. I've already read it twice! You'll enjoy it.

message 11: by Caitlyn (new)

Caitlyn Santi | 780 comments Dawn wrote: "I seriously don't have a clue yet as to what I'll be reading in November. Pretty sure I'll be reading Unending Devotion by Jody Hedlund and at least one other from Bethany House for reviewing...."

Dawn, I just recieved my review copy of Unending Devotion by Jody Hedlund Unending Devotion. I would be happy to buddy with you on that one if you are interested! If you want to just let me know! :-)

message 12: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (baseballblondie) | 1104 comments Caitlyn wrote: "Dawn wrote: "I seriously don't have a clue yet as to what I'll be reading in November. Pretty sure I'll be reading Unending Devotion by Jody Hedlund and at least one other from Bethany House f..."

Caitlyn, I'd love that. Mine just came in today too!

message 13: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (LizR8900) | 318 comments Here's a couple books I'd like to read this month:

Isle of Shadows (Seven Wonders Novel #1) by Tracy L. Higley Judge (Books of the Infinite, #2) by R.J. Larson Heartless (Tales of Goldstone Wood #1) by Anne Elisabeth Stengl The Maid of Fairbourne Hall by Julie Klassen A Hope Undaunted by Julie Lessman

And here are several more books I'm planning on reading: http://buriedinbooksinalabama.blogspo...