Goodreads Developers discussion

PHP implementation of the API and WordPress plugin

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christian (new)

Christian (christianschenk) | 5 comments Has anybody implemented the API with PHP yet? Is there a WordPress plugin that uses the API, i.e. allows more flexible queries to my books?

If the answers to both questions is No, I would try to come up with a decent implementation of the API and a WordPress plugin that makes extensive use of this functionality.

Anybody else interested in this?

message 2: by Alexia (new)

Alexia | 1 comments I would be interested in this for my Joomla site as well. We have a Spanish book reviews site (www.tintafresca.us) and would like to be able to add our book reviews to goodreads.

Thanks!
Alexia

message 3: by Christian (new)

Christian (christianschenk) | 5 comments Hi Alexia,
although I'm not that familiar with Joomla I guess using the PHP implementation should be straight forward for you.

I would just start working on this, but I don't know for sure whether somebody else is working on this too. Maybe the goodreads developers can clarify this?

message 4: by C.E. (last edited Jul 21, 2010 02:22PM) (new)

C.E. (cedorsett) | 1 comments I am really interested in this plugin too. What is the status of it for WordPress?

message 5: by Christian (new)

Christian (christianschenk) | 5 comments Hi Eric,

back then, I started working on this but since it were a private fun project I weren't able to produce something stable in my spare time.

I recommend starting over and creating a plugin for the most recent version of WordPress. It would be interesting to see an integration with the newly added feature of custom post types.

If you start working on this or know somebody who's working on this I'd be really interested in your work.

message 6: by Michael (new)

Michael Economy (michaeleconomy) Related: We recently added a wordpress publisher:
http://www.goodreads.com/user/edit#apps

message 7: by Christian (new)

Christian (christianschenk) | 5 comments Hi Michael,
thanks for the hint!

message 8: by Joseph (new)

Joseph Pisano (pisanojm) Hi guys... I'm still looking for the WordPress/JavaScript to show Public Group Shelves... any Idea when/how?

message 9: by Christian (new)

Christian (christianschenk) | 5 comments If anybody would be interested in funding the development of such a plugin for WordPress just drop me a line - I'd be happy to provide this at a very competitive rate.