Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

ABOUT YOU > Let's Get to Know Each Other!

Comments (showing 1-50 of 266) (266 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (last edited Oct 07, 2012 09:35AM) (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments We all know we love reading and we know some people's birthdays but that's about it! This is a post for us to learn more about each other! I will list 10 questions and all you have to do is put the corresponding number and your answer. This is a great way to get to know each other and have some fun!

Questions:
1. What is your favorite food?
2. Where do you get your books?
3. Favorite candy?
4. Major hobbies other than reading?
5. Sports you play or like to watch?
6. Favorite author(s)?
7. Are you a pet person? If so, do you have any pets at home?
8. Siblings?
9. Favorite holiday?
10. Tell a random fact or thing you would like us all to know.

My Answers:
1. My favorite food is tacos or ravioli. I can't choose one!
2. I mainly get my books at B&N but sometimes I go to the library.
3. Reese's
4. Basketball, Baking, Being with friends and family.
5. I love to play basketball. I like to watch baseball, football, soccer, basketball, and hockey.
6. Some of my favorite authors include Suzanne Collins, Veronica Roth, and Michael Grant.
7. I am a pet person. I have one dog and a cat at home. Dog's name is Coco and the cat's name is Queenie.
8. I have one younger brother and his name is Michael.
9. my favorite holiday is Christmas.
10. I wish I could have an unlimited gift card for Barnes and Noble so I could buy all the books on my TBR and more!

I hope that you decide to participate because we want to know more about you!

message 2: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments 1. My favorite food is Mexican! LOVE it!
2. Now I mainly get my books from Barnes and Noble for my NOOK
3. Favorite candy is milk chocolate Dove bar.
4. Major hobbies: First and most important is every single person in my family...hanging out, going to movies with my grandkids or to plays, watching them in their sports. I also like fishing, hiking, camping, playing
5. I don't play or watch much, but my favorite to watch is baseball...Dodgers!
6. Favorite authors: too many but I love Javier Robayo, Lee Fullbright, and Lisa Genova.
7. Well, we finally got a home for all 13 of the cats we used to have. We now have 3 dogs: Jazzmine, a Bichon Frise; Buddy, a lab/Aussie mix; Rocky, a lab/Border Collie mix.
8. I have 2 sisters and 1 brother who all live in Florida...1000s of miles from me. :o(
9. I have 19 grandchildren so my favorite holiday is Christmas!
10. I went to Alaska a few years ago and caught a 63 1/2 pound King salmon, and it was bigger than the 49 pounder the winner of the derby caught. Trust me, it was a fluke! LOL

message 3: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Wow! That salmon must have been an awesome sight! I don't like Mexican food! YOU CAN KILL ME NOW! LOL. I bet all of your pets are cute!

message 4: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (shellsea) | 84 comments 1. Veal cutlet
2. Westmount Library. I don't usually buy them, haha
3. I have no idea, haha. Lollipops?
4. Computer xD Watching movies
5. Soccerr
6. I really like Kelley Armstrong, and Sara Zarr, Jay Asher, omg, I don't know, too many!!!
7. Nopp
8. Two sisters :)
9. Christmas :)
10. I travel a lot (:

message 5: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Jacquelyn wrote: "Wow! That salmon must have been an awesome sight! I don't like Mexican food! YOU CAN KILL ME NOW! LOL. I bet all of your pets are cute!"

They are all SO adorable!! Taco is Mexican...hello?? LOL

The salmon literally came up to my chin and down to my ankles. It took me 20 minutes to reel it in and I got a bruise on my stomach from the pole. LOL

message 6: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments True...tacos are Mexican but when I think Mexican food I think of other stuff.....LOL!

Wow, that must of been tiring!

message 7: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (thereadingbeauty) What a great idea!

1. What is your favorite food? Oh, geez--this is a hard question for me because this changes so often. I think I'm going to stick with Mexican food, though, like Vicki. Tex-Mex is everywhere down here (Houston) so it's something that I grew up with and has become like comfort food. Plus, it's delicious!
2. Where do you get your books? I'm a Barnes & Noble girl, any which way you cut it. I love going there and buying online (physical copies and ebooks for my Nook).
3. Favorite candy? Reeses Peanut Butter Cups are where it's at! :D
4. Major hobbies other than reading? I'm an avid baker. Love love love to bake.
5. Sports you play or like to watch? I like watching football, baseball, and hockey.
6. Favorite author(s)? John Green, J.K. Rowling, C.C. Hunter, Cate Tiernan (etc. etc.)
7. Are you a pet person? If so, do you have any pets at home? I definitely am a pet person--I have a 6 year old Australian Cattle dog named Herkie. He's a hoot.
8. Siblings? I have two older brothers.
9. Favorite holiday? Deep down I know it's Christmas but man I love me some Halloween, too!
10. Tell a random fact or thing you would like us all to know. I'm a full-time teacher!

message 8: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (thereadingbeauty) Vicki wrote: "1. My favorite food is Mexican! LOVE it!
4. Major hobbies: First and most important is e..."

We both live in TX and love Mexican food: you and I are gonna get to be real good friends ;) lol!

message 9: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Sarajayne wrote: "1. What is your favorite food? Don't have one
2. Where do you get your books? library
3. Favorite candy? Payday candy bars
4. Major hobbies other than reading? spending time with my family and sail..."

Awe, I love your kids! LOL I would take them on as my grandkids in a hearbeat...don't worry. No need to freak out. I just love little ones! I serve in my church nursery but I have the zero-24 month old darlings. I love them!

message 10: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Wow! I love all of your answers Nicole and Sarajayne!
And why thank you Nicole! I came up with the idea by myself! I just thought it would be a good way to get to know the members of the group better!

message 11: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Jacquelyn wrote: "True...tacos are Mexican but when I think Mexican food I think of other stuff.....LOL!

Wow, that must of been tiring!"

Tiring and exciting! We were on a small motor boat with a man who competes for taking people out and catching the most. He was tied and he kept yelling (out of excitement) at me, "Don't lose it! Don't lose it!" Over and over, so I was a little nervous too!

message 12: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Oh, the pressure! I would've been so pressured and nervous that I would've lost it just because he wouldn't shut up! LOL!

message 13: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments That's right! Someday if we ever meet, I'll have to show you the pictures. My sister and brother were so proud of me, and other natives were mad at me! LOL They said things like, "Do you know how many years and thousands of dollars I've spent trying to catch one that size?" One guy, who was my brother's friend, said, "How's anyone said f--- you yet?" I laughed and said no. He said, "Well then, let me be the first to say it! F--- you!" And we all laughed. I knew it was big for ME, but I didn't know it was big and a big deal for the natives.

message 14: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27303 comments 1. My favorite food is anything Chinese (I'm not picky)
2. I get my books from library, friends or bookstores
3. My favorite candy should be ... I don't know, anything with chocolate or coffee flavor
4. Major hobbies other than reading is drawing
5. Not a big fan of sports!
6. Favorite authors: Simone ElkelesSara Shepard & Tammara Webber
7. We have a cat at home. But I would trade him for a dog, JK. But seriously, I love dogs better :)
8. I have a younger brother. He's 20 years old.
9. Favorite holiday should be Christmas
10. I am afraid of Reptiles and Amphibians.

message 15: by Angela (new)

Angela | 17787 comments 1. Favorite food: egg drop soup, at the moment anyway
2. I get my books mostly from the library or my friends. I go to the store for them only if they're worth buying.
3. Favorite candy: Candy is too sweet LOL but I like soda candies.
4. Major hobbies other than reading: running and shopping
5. Sports I play or like to watch: I'm not very into sports... but I go swimming and running
6. Favorite author(s): Sarah Dessen, Simone Elkeles, Jennifer Echols, Kody Keplinger, Katie McGarry, Morgan Matson, Stephanie Perkins
7. Pet person? Any pets at home?: I'm not a pet person at all. But I used to have fish when I was younger. No pets now.
8. Siblings: an older brother and a younger sister
9. Favorite holiday: Christmas
10. Random fact: I'm scared of heights.

message 16: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Wow! Great answers Gisbelle and Angela! I would love to see the pictures Vicki! That's so funny about what the guy said! LOL!

Angel / YA rules!/ | 123 comments 1. What is your favorite food? pizza
2. Where do you get your books? online
3. Favorite candy? gobstopper or icebreaker (sour)
4. Major hobbies other than reading? watching series or movies
5. Sports you play or like to watch? nada
6. Favorite author(s)? rick riordan, amy plum, colleen hoover.
7. Are you a pet person? If so, do you have any pets at home? no
8. Siblings? 2 - a brother and a sister
9. Favorite holiday? christmas
i love to travel

message 18: by Sapir (new)

Sapir | 138 comments 1. What is your favorite food? Doritos and potato crisps.
2. Where do you get your books? Bookstore, friends and kindle.
3. Favorite candy? Anything sweet
4. Major hobbies other than reading? Playing the guitar and the piano, singing, watching TV
5. Sports you play or like to watch? none. I HATE sports!
6. Favorite author(s)? Meg Cabot, Cassandra Clare.
7. Are you a pet person? If so, do you have any pets at home? I like dogs. I wish I had a dog so badly!
8. Siblings? 3 younger sisters.
9. Favorite holiday? Idk...
I LOVE 1D and Taylor Swift.

message 19: by kittybigby (new)

kittybigby Questions:
1. What is your favorite food? Baked potatoes
2. Where do you get your books? Amazon, or Books-A-Million
3. Favorite candy? Sour patch kids
4. Major hobbies other than reading? Cooking, watching tv's, playing with my cat
5. Sports you play or like to watch? Does playing track and field count?
6. Favorite author(s)? Lakisha Spletzer,
7. Are you a pet person? If so, do you have any pets at home? No, but I have a pet named Alice
8. Siblings? Nonnne
9. Favorite holiday? Earth Day
My mom used to live in Japan.

message 20: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Wow! Awesome answers! I love Doritos as well, Sapir. That's an interesting favorite holiday, Karina, why'd you pick that one? Angel, I also love to travel!

message 21: by kittybigby (new)

kittybigby I picked Earth Day because it's pretty laid back. I mean, people don't go all out trying to have parties and getting presents for people on Earth day. I'm not a big fan of the other holidays because I don't like all the chaos that ensues on the major holidays.

message 22: by Katie (new)

Katie (ohcakey) 1. What is your favorite food? Thai
2. Where do you get your books? Amazon for Kindle, library, WHSmiths or Waterstones
3. Favorite candy? Cadbury Creme Eggs (does America have any other Cadbury products, if not you're missing out)
4. Major hobbies other than reading? Watching rugby and design
5. Sports you play or like to watch? Answered above, I watch rugby and sometimes NFL
6. Favorite author(s)? I don't really have one in particular
7. Are you a pet person? If so, do you have any pets at home? I wish I had some kind of bird
8. Siblings? Only child
9. Favorite holiday? I don't have a specific favourite holiday, I just like it when I'm around family. So I guess Christmas for the family side of it
10. Tell a random fact or thing you would like us all to know. I don't like bananas that smell like bananas

message 23: by giselle (new)

giselle | 225 comments Vicki wrote: "1. My favorite food is Mexican! LOVE it!
4. Major hobbies: First and most important is e..."

I am Mexican American so I love it! Do u have a top favorite?

message 24: by giselle (new)

giselle | 225 comments 1.Mexican Food
2.Amazon for kindle or library
3.Snickers!
4.Watching TV, going on goodreads and playing basketball
5.To play:Basketball and volleyball To watch: Basketball,Football,Soccer,Baseball, and Ice Hockey
6.Too many to list
7.yes... 1 cat
8.1 younger brother
9.Independence Day
10.Have a huge crush on Derek Hough!!

message 25: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments I never thought about it that way, Karina. :) Giselle- I also love to play basketball. Katie- I'm not sure if we have those in America but the brand does sound familiar.

message 26: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31379 comments Jacquelyn wrote: "Katie- I'm not sure if we have those in America but the brand does sound familiar."

Oh yes, we have Cadbury! For EVERY holiday now (they have them out for Halloween right now) and they are YUMMY!!!!

message 27: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Ahahha! Okay! Apparently, we do have them in America!

message 28: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31379 comments Questions:
1. food? Chinese or Mexican
2. books? Mainly library or a small Indie bookstore gives out ARC so I get those too!
3. candy? Candy Canes or anything gummy
4. hobbies? Geocaching (www.geocaching.com will answer the question "what is that?" LOL!)
5. Sports? I love to play volleyball and tennis. I don't like to watch any unless it's live or my nephew's playing...
6. author(s)? John Green, Stephen King
7. pets? I have one Dog. Purebred Boxer named Bruce & 2 fish. My kids and I wish we had cats so we volunteer at the animal shelter 1 day a week to play with the kitties.
8. Siblings? 1 older brother
9. holiday? Halloween, by far!
10.random fact I have 2. I have found over 5200 Geocaches and I have 2 daughters - 8 & almost 14 (and she is the one that got me reading YA)... :D

message 29: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27303 comments Trisha wrote: "Questions:
1. food? Chinese or Mexican
2. books? Mainly library or a small Indie bookstore gives out ARC so I get those too!
3. candy? Candy Canes or anything gummy
4. hobbies? Geocaching (www.g..."

So sweet :)

message 30: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments That Geocaching seems awesome!

message 31: by Becca (new)

Becca (BeccaTheAwesomeOne) | 49 comments I read about geocaching in 'Maaphead' by Ken Jennings (its signed and is my baby). I thought it sounded fun, but I don't own a GPS.

message 32: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments giselle wrote: "Vicki wrote: "1. My favorite food is Mexican! LOVE it!
4. Major hobbies: First and most ..."

Depends on where we go because I'm not good cooking, but I love chicken burritos with green sauce and also tostadas with beans and chicken. Hard to pick! How about you?

message 33: by Katie (new)

Katie (ohcakey) Cadbury is AMAZINGGG!!! Creme eggs are the best ever! :D import it if you don't have it ;p

message 34: by Kassi (new)

Kassi | 41 comments 1. My favorite food is popcorn. Which is ridiculous because I have braces, and technically i'm not allowed to eat it. lol
2. B&N, the best place imaginable. I practically live at my local one.
3. I'm not much of a sweets person but Jolly Ranchers all the way.
4. Does homework count? lol Gotta love college right? Probably writing. I have a book on the way actually.
5. Hm. I really don't like sports. I'm not much of athlete either. lol
6.Favorite authors...Judith Katzir, Laurie Stolarz, and Stephen King.
7. Definitely a pet person. I have a cat named Jasper, who loves to be read to. It's adorable.
8. Only child.
9. Halloween!!!
10. Well, since I gave it away that i'm an author...i love to cook as well!

message 35: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments I would love to read your book when it's finished!

message 36: by Kassi (new)

Kassi | 41 comments haha. I'm trying to get it done as soon as possible, but i still have to find a publisher, and with school and everything...but you guys will be the first to read it :)

message 37: by P.J. (new)

P.J. Young (PJYoung) | 16 comments Hey - I just joined - I am a Brit author and happy to be here :). I also just made a quiz about my book, To Be Honest. Let me know if you have any questions - and happy meet you all!
http://www.goodreads.com/quizzes/2097...

message 38: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27303 comments Kassi wrote: "haha. I'm trying to get it done as soon as possible, but i still have to find a publisher, and with school and everything...but you guys will be the first to read it :)"

Looking forward to reading it :) Wow... I wish I could write a book or two too :D

message 39: by Anna (new)

Anna Engelman (bunnyboo123) | 151 comments 1. Hmmm, my favorite food would be ramen.
2. I currently get mine from my school library.
3. Anything that lacks chocolate and caramel
4. Drawing, watching anime, hanging out with my boyfriend
5. None, nada, zero, zip, zilch
6. I can't think of just one author, and I don't tend to have favorites, but I'd have to say Amanda Hocking.
7. Yes, I have a dog, and coming this spring, a pet bunny too.
8. Yep, 4, 2 older 2 younger.
9. Christmas, I get money for books and animes.
10. I'm slowly writing a book, but school doesn't make it easy, neither does applying for college.

message 40: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27303 comments Anna wrote: "1. Hmmm, my favorite food would be ramen.
2. I currently get mine from my school library.
3. Anything that lacks chocolate and caramel
4. Drawing, watching anime, hanging out with my boyfriend
5. N..."

Pretty cool Anna :D

message 41: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Awesome Anna!

message 42: by [deleted user] (last edited Oct 20, 2012 12:07PM) (new)

1. Potatoes (in all forms)
2. mostly the library but sometimes Barnes and Noble for my nook.
3. Ferrero Rocher or Swedish Fish
4. Knitting, nail art, sewing, eating
5. I did gymnastics for a while but I don't watch sports.
6. I don't have a favorite author because there is too many to pick from.
7. I am a pet person. My stepsister has a dog, named Maxie, and I live with her. The cat, named Toby, that I grew up with lives with my oldest sister.
8. Yes. Two older sisters. One younger stepsister.
9. Thanksgiving. I love to eat.
10. I talk about food even when I am not hungry and I am easily distracted.

message 43: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Great answers, Rebecca!

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Thank you.

message 45: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments You're welcome!

message 46: by Haylee' Marie (new)

Haylee' Marie  (Beastly-Marie) | 105 comments 1. What is your favorite food? MEXICAN
2. Where do you get your books? LIBRARY OR BOOKSTORE OR ONLINE
3. Favorite candy? SKITTLES (ALL KINDS)
4. Major hobbies other than reading? CHEERLEADING
5. Sports you play or like to watch? NOT REALLY BUT SOMETIMES FOOTBALL
6. Favorite author(s)? SHELLY CRANE
7. Are you a pet person? If so, do you have any pets at home? NO REALLY BUT A DOG
8. Siblings? 2 YOUNGER BROTHERS
9. Favorite holiday ?CHRISTMAS
10. Tell a random fact or thing you would like us all to know. I CAN SHAKE MY EYES!! :D

message 47: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Great answers!

message 48: by Len (last edited Oct 20, 2012 11:03PM) (new)

Len (ellencantillan) 1. pizza/frenchfries
2. mostly online,sometimes when checking at bookstore
3. anything sweet&salty ;)
4. surfing net,watching tv
5. before used to follow wrestling(WWF with my brother, now no tim efor any sports
6.all the authors of books i loved to read
7.definitely pet person though im far from home,i like DOGS so much,miss my dogs,used to have 3 dogs at home but they are all gone :(
8.3 brothers, 1 sister, miss them so much
9.CHRISTMAS,
10. I am so excited for christmas this year,will spend christmas with family after 5yrs away from them :D

message 49: by Diana (new)

Diana | 618 comments 1. Chicken!
2. Almost always online, sometimes bookstores
3. Don't have a particular kind of fav candy
4. My hobbies are watching movies and running
5. I don't do sports except running but I'm not sure that's sports
6. Suzanne Collins and Veronica Roth
7. Don't have pets ):
8. 1 older brother who is 19
9. Christmas!
10. Next week is my birthday! Yay!

message 50: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Wow! I'm happy that you will be getting time to spend with your family!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6