Strictly Reviews discussion

Picture Books > Authors Requesting Reviews

Comments (showing 1-46 of 46) (46 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Charity (new)

Charity | 117 comments Mod
Please post picture books that you would like reviewed.

message 2: by Talia (new)

Talia Aikens-Nunez | 1 comments I would really appreciate it if people would review (on my publisher's site and/or Amazon) my debut children's picture ebook, Escucha Means Listen.

This bilingual picture book journey through our world introduces children and toddlers to the sounds around them in English and Spanish. From the blaring sound of an ambulance to the buzzing of bees, Escucha Means Listen is written mostly in English but sprinkled with Spanish to introduce children to the language. The link to the book is pasted below.

Thank you for your time!

http://musapublishing.com/index.php?m...

message 3: by Greta (new)

Greta Burroughs (gretab) | 4 comments Hello my new friends. I have three children's books that are begging for reviews. All three are in the Patchwork Dog and Calico Cat series.

"Patchwork Dog and Calico Cat" and "Patchy and Calico's Summer Vacation" have five humorous short stories that entertain kids and teach them a lesson in friendship, sharing, thinking before doing something you may regret later, etc. There are questions at the end of each story that help the child think about what he/she just read.

"Christmas with Patchy and Calico" tries to get the message across that giving, sharing and caring are just as much fun as receiving presents.

You can read the book descriptions at http://booksbygretaburroughs.weebly.com

I can send a Smashwords coupon or a PDF for any book you would like to review.
Thanks, Greta Burroughs

message 4: by Calee (new)

Calee Lee (calee_m_lee) Hi everyone-
Our latest children's picture book launched on Tuesday 3/5 and we'd love to build a bigger review base:
The Zebra Said Shhh
written by M.R. Nelson
illustrated by Tamia Sheldon

About the book:
An exhausted zebra is ready for bed but the other animals at the zoo still want to play.

Help the Zebra say “Shhh” to the lions, elephants and other noisy animals at the zoo.

A calming bedtime book for little monkeys everywhere

I would be happy to send a .pdf or Kindle Fire or Nook download for anyone interested in reviewing. Thanks

message 5: by Cordelia (new)

Cordelia Dinsmore (CordeliaDinsmore) | 3 comments Hi, Calee,

If you're looking for a totally honest review I'd love to have a chance to read it to my 3 yo granddaughter. She loves to 'read' books on my Nook color, so just let me know.

Thanks.

message 6: by Jacqui (new)

Jacqui Wilson (JacquiWilson) I am giving the readers an opportunity to choose which Spanish version of my book God Says I'm Beautiful or Dios Dice Que Soy Hermosa: Una expresión del amor de Dios para las niñas chiquitas I will publish. God Says I'm Beautiful: An Expression of Love from God to Little Girls carries the message that little girls are beautiful, important, and loved. The book is designed to help little girls understand their worth.

Vote for your favorite Spanish version of God Says I'm Beautiful. Go to http://www.goodreads.com/poll/list/98...

Le estoy dando a los lectores la oportunidad de elegir qué versión española de mi libro Dios Dice Que Soy Hermosa: Una expresión del amor de Dios para las niñas chiquitas voy a publicar. Dios dice que soy hermosa: una expresión del amor de Dios a niñas lleva el mensaje de que niñas son bellas, importantes y seres queridos. El libro está diseñado para ayudar a las niñas a entender su valor.

Vota por tu favorito versión en español de Dios me dice que soy hermosa. Ir a http://www.goodreads.com/poll/list/98...
Original post: http://manta.com/t/DcPM6MP

message 7: by Jennifer (last edited Jun 08, 2014 12:10PM) (new)

Jennifer (Blacjak) | 11 comments I would appreciate honest reviews on Amazon and Barnes and Noble for my book: Sal, Captain of the Baby Guards.

It is a book about an imaginative toddler who fights dragons. It teaches children to confront their imagined fears and specifically deals with a fear of vacuum cleaners.

If you would be interested, contact me through Goodreads with your e-mail or address, and I will send you a PDF or MOBI file.

Thank you!

message 8: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy Sabean (Dsabean) | 2 comments Seventh Of Eleven An Illustrated Memoir

Hi All, As an author new to Goodreads, I would like to request a review of my book, "Seventh Of Eleven". I must first say that this is a picture book written for adults, not children - how odd, you say? Yes, sort of tough to pigeonhole this book. It is a childhood memoir that I began as an art installation for a gallery, but toward the end of this project I realized it was a book, and it was picked up by a publisher. It is my story of growing up in a family of 11 children in the 1960-70s era with all the social changes that entails. I would be happy to send a PDF copy to anyone who could commit to reviewing it. Thank you. Dsabeandavis@gmail.com

message 9: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Eastman (goodreadscommichelleeastman) | 2 comments The Legend of Dust Bunnies, a Fairy's Tale by Michelle R. Eastman

Hello to all. I am new to Goodreads. I'd love to get advance reviews for my children's picture book. I can send a PDF. I just started a giveaway today. Here's a little about the book:

Synopsis: This is not a typical fairy tale, and Artie is not a typical fairy. Artie is a misfit. His fellow Dust Fairies have a knack for dirtying people’s houses. They fire soot from their slingshots and enter crumb-spitting contests. While we sleep, they spread dust everywhere. Artie doesn’t make messes. He has a unique habit of collecting things. The other Dust Fairies don’t appreciate Artie’s collection of tidbits, so he spends his nights alone. One cold night, Artie’s loneliness leads to inspiration, and he creates something legendary. His story will have families looking at Dust Bunnies in a new light and may actually give kids an excuse NOT to clean their rooms. Artie’s story helps kids realize that we all have unique gifts and not everyone fits in with the crowd. (Children’s Picture Book, ages 3-9)

message 10: by Christeen (last edited Oct 09, 2014 09:05AM) (new)

Christeen Bauer (chrisbauer) | 9 comments I am an author and reviewer with a blog.

Out of Sight Makes It Right?Out of Sight Makes It Right?

Tommy Loves Pancakes

http://chodikidbooks.blogspot.com/

If you would like your children's book reviewed please contact me. My guidelines include preschool to 2nd grade books under 500 words. And as always I am looking for reviews for my two books. Out of Sight Makes it Right? and Tommy Loves Pancakes. Please feel free to contact me if you are interested. Thank you...and Write On.

message 11: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Boris (Daniel_Boris) | 3 comments Hello,

I am a brand new author. My “Dozi the Alligator” series of children’s books will be available everywhere in March 2015. The first story in the series will be “Dozi the Alligator Finds a Family”.

This is the Goodreads link: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

Whenever you have time it would help a LOT if you would please check it out and then post your honest review of it here on Goodreads.

Since I do not yet have any printed copies, I could send you a PDF version if you’d like to check it out. Reading the book would literally only take about 10 minutes.

Please let me know if you are interested. Thanks very much!

Best,
Daniel

message 12: by Christeen (new)

Christeen Bauer (chrisbauer) | 9 comments Hi Daniel,
Welcome to Goodreads. I review children books as well as a children's book author. Feel free to send me a pdf copy. I will message you my email.

message 13: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Boris (Daniel_Boris) | 3 comments Thanks very much, Christeen!

message 14: by T.A. (new)

T.A. Uner (TAUner) Hello All,

I am hereby requesting reviews for two of my books. The first is a Historical Fantasy called "The Leopard Vanguard". I have it available in PDF, EPUB & MOBI.

The Second is called "Doctor Mars" the first book in another series I have started. I have this in PDF, MOBI & EPUB.

The Links for these books are below. Use them to read the synopsis for each story and decide if it's something you'd enjoy reading/reviewing. Please message me if you're interested. Seriously inquiries only please.

The Leopard Vanguard

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

Doctor Mars
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

message 15: by DK (last edited Jan 08, 2015 08:29AM) (new)

DK Simoneau (dksimoneau) We're Having a Tuesday by D.K. Simoneau Santa's (Zany, Wacky, Just Not Right!) Night Before Christmas by D.K. Simoneau

Hello. I have two children's books, one of which is currently on Goodreads giveaway.
I'm giving away a copy of my children's picture book that helps kids of divorce. This seems to be the time of year, after the holidays, that many families unfortunately split up. Enter now!
https://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/sh...

But I would appreciate anyone who is interested in reviewing both, here and on Amazon, letting me know and I can get you PDF versions. Easy short reads.

message 16: by Keith (new)

Keith Douglas | 1 comments Anyone interested in reviewing a children's picture book? free copy! "OUT OF THIS WORLD, LOVE"

message 17: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie Ferrante (BonnieFerrante) | 12 comments I'm looking for reviews for my fiction picture book -

No More Red
Link: http://amzn.com/1928064159

and my nonfiction picture book -

Sing the Planets: I'll Remember That (Volume 1)
Sing the PlanetsLink: http://amzn.com/1928064132

message 18: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie Ferrante (BonnieFerrante) | 12 comments Would anyone like to participate in a triad picture book review? (Amazon frowns on and sometimes deletes direct review swaps.) Author A would review Author B. Author B would review Author C. Author C would review Author A.

message 19: by Simone (new)

Simone Colwill | 2 comments What Does Super Jonny Do When Mom Gets Sick?
Hi everybody. I'm a mom and a radiation therapist. When I got sick I went looking for a book which would teach my kids bout hospitals and leave them feeling empowered to help. Unable to find one, I wrote, "What Does Super Jonny Do When Mom Gets Sick?" Its available on kindle unlimited right now, so can be viewed for free. I would love some reviews.

message 20: by Simone (new)

Simone Colwill | 2 comments DK wrote: "We're Having a Tuesday by DK SimoneauSanta's (Zany, Wacky, Just Not Right!) Night Before Christmas by DK Simoneau

Hello. I have two children's books, one of which is currently on Goodr..."

DK wrote: "We're Having a Tuesday by DK SimoneauSanta's (Zany, Wacky, Just Not Right!) Night Before Christmas by DK Simoneau

DK wrote: "We're Having a Tuesday by DK SimoneauSanta's (Zany, Wacky, Just Not Right!) Night Before Christmas by DK Simoneau

Can you email me a PDF or send a code to download?

message 21: by Bonnie (last edited Apr 27, 2015 01:13PM) (new)

Bonnie Ferrante (BonnieFerrante) | 12 comments Any teachers here who would like to review http://www.amazon.com/Sing-Planets-Il...Sing the Planets

message 22: by Charity (new)

Charity Tober (CharityTober) | 2 comments I am still interested in swapping reviews with other children's picture book authors. You can respond to this post or message me!

Check out my books and let me know if you are interested in either one.

Roly-Poly Monster

Roly-Poly Monster Goes to the Zoo

I can gift a copy of either ebook from Amazon, thanks!

message 23: by BC (last edited Jul 28, 2015 03:13PM) (new)

BC Dee (BCDee123) | 2 comments I have two books to tell you about:
The Girl Who Drank the Moon: a rhyming picture book and
The Hiccupopotamus

They are both rhyming verse stories. The first is about the reciprocity of true friendship portrayed by a little girl and the moon. The second pokes fun at the ubiquity of advice from strangers whenever you have the hiccups as a bunch of African animals counsel a baby hippopotamus.

The Girl Who Drank the Moon a rhyming picture book by B.C. Dee and
The Hiccupopotamus by B.C. Dee

I'd be happy to send you a pdf :-)

message 24: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Koenig (WendyLKoenig) | 1 comments I'm looking for reviews of my children's picture book. I can send a pdf copy. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

message 25: by Hagit (new)

Hagit Oron | 1 comments I would like to present my debut picture book, titled: 'Elphie and Dad go on an epic adventure'
It is a fun beautifully illustrated book that addresses kids and parents alike. It shows how you can transform everyday chores into exciting adventures.
It would be wonderful if you could read and review it!
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

message 26: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Adams | 2 comments Cordelia wrote: "Hi, Calee,

If you're looking for a totally honest review I'd love to have a chance to read it to my 3 yo granddaughter. She loves to 'read' books on my Nook color, so just let me know.

Thanks."

Hi Cordelia,

My name is Tammy Adams. I see that you are willing to read and review children's books :)
I have a new book I am hoping to get a few more reviews for and was wondering if you would be willing to read and review it for me? I could send you whichever kind of ebook file you might need (PDF, epub, MOBI). I would also be willing to review an books you have written, since I love to read and help out others also! Thank you. Here is some quick info on my book:

Timmy loves making origami dragons!

What happens when one comes to life?

Read about Timmy and his amazing adventure with a live dragon.
Origami dragon instructions and free dragon scales paper download included.

Thanks and have a great day!
Tammy

message 27: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Adams | 2 comments Charity wrote: "I am still interested in swapping reviews with other children's picture book authors. You can respond to this post or message me!

Check out my books and let me know if you are interested in either..."

Hi Charity!
I would love to swap reviews with you, I can review both of your books!

I could send you whichever kind of ebook file you might need (PDF, epub, MOBI).

Thank you. Here is some quick info on my book:

Timmy loves making origami dragons!

What happens when one comes to life?

Read about Timmy and his amazing adventure with a live dragon.
Origami dragon instructions and free dragon scales paper download included.

Let me know if this would be of interest to you :)
Thanks and have a great day!
Tammy

message 28: by Sherry (new)

Sherry Miller | 3 comments I would love to have some reviews on my book, Fireworks in the Night, by Sherry Miller. An unlikely cast of characters will take you on an adventure into the world and music of George Frideric Handel. Rock a Note Farm, on Harmony Lane, will never be the same now that Randy the Raccoon is there to stay. His stories about the magical woods that surround the farm piqued the animal’s interest to explore. After Farmer Heather tucks everyone in each night the adventures start. Randy leads his new friends through the magical woods that border the farm, back in time to England, where George Frederic Handel lived. Randy didn’t realize how dangerous it would be for him to go back in time. Fireworks and a mistaken identity are all part of the suspense in this Randy the Raccoon and His Musical Friends book. www.kidzjumpjamnjive.com is my website

message 29: by Sherry (new)

Sherry Miller | 3 comments Sherry wrote: "I would love to have some reviews on my book, Fireworks in the Night, by Sherry Miller. An unlikely cast of characters will take you on an adventure into the world and music of George Frideric Hand..."

Fireworks in the Night

message 30: by Susan (new)

Susan Girard | 2 comments now that I have a few good reviews under my 'belt' I am once again seeking Reviews for my Spiritual Fiction Novel "In the Light of the Full Cold Moon"...please let me know if you would be interested...it is an easy read ... with a few b/w nature photos... here is a little blurb to see if you may be interested....New Agey ... some paranormal and occult content, some religion, it is a potpourri of well researched information delivered in very descriptive dialogue in easy to read 41 mini chapters. 288 pages with some b/w photos. An Environmental representation as well as Temperate Rainforest content. It flows!! Being a lover of the Eastern philosphies there are some very beautiful Hindu Goddesses who teach the main character Savannah about the Gita, meditation, Yoga, ayurvedic practices. Eco-friendly.. can send you a free download.

message 31: by Pennie (new)

Pennie (amazoncomauthorpenniecartawick) | 3 comments Michelle wrote: "The Legend of Dust Bunnies, a Fairy's Tale by Michelle R. Eastman

Hello to all. I am new to Goodreads. I'd love to get advance reviews for my children's picture book. I can send a PDF. I just starte..."

I will review yours, will you review my picture book also. Thanks

message 32: by Susan (new)

Susan Girard | 2 comments I would love to review your work Pennie...send info to savannah_house@dccnet.com

message 33: by Pennie (new)

Pennie (amazoncomauthorpenniecartawick) | 3 comments Thanks so much. I have sent you a copy :)

message 34: by Vic (new)

Vic Vincent | 1 comments Hi,

My name is Victor and I am the author of the book "Mal: An Odyssey of Non-sequential Segments of a Life", that someone described as a "Touching, Gotchi Bildungsroman, an incredibly dynamic novel, a post-modern study of identity and self".

I'd like to find someone available to read and review my book.

Also, my book giveaway has just started today. I invite you to enter it: https://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/sh...

Thanks,
Vic

message 35: by Carmela (new)

Carmela Lanzillotti | 2 comments HI,
My name is Carmela and I am the author of Mischievous Molly. This is a children's picture book and is at a Grade 3/4 reading level. If anyone is interested in reading and reviewing my book, please email me at carmela_lanzillotti@yahoo.ca and I can send you a PDF copy.

Thank you
CarmelaMischievous Molly

message 36: by Carmela (last edited Oct 07, 2016 01:03PM) (new)

Carmela Lanzillotti | 2 comments Hi
I will add a Google Preview link below to give you a flavor of the book. Please feel free to provide you feedback.

I'd be happy to review any books.

Thank you

Carmela

http://www.friesenpress.com/bookstore...

message 37: by Sainoor (new)

Sainoor Premji | 1 comments Hi,

My name is Sainoor and I am the author of the book "Looking In: Being an Expat Tween", that someone described as a "A self-help book for expatriate tweens between the ages of 9 and 12".

Also, I invite each of you to enter my book giveaway: https://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/sh...

Thanks,
Sainoor

message 38: by Ian (new)

Ian Crouch | 1 comments Hi,

My name is Ian and I am the author of the book "A Pyrrhic Victory by Ian Crouch A Pyrrhic Victory: Volume II, Destiny Unfolds", a book that "takes the brilliance and scope of its predecessor and amplifies it tenfold— expanding the ancient world into a global battlefield where men are made of broken… and history is born".

Also, my book giveaway has started today. I invite you to enter it:

Thanks,
Ian

message 39: by Beffy (new)

Beffy Parkin (beffyparkin) | 1 comments Hello!

I am looking for reviews on my two children's picture books (on my author's page - Beffy Parkin).
They're short stories, so I'm not asking for anything indepth.
Thank you very much!

message 40: by Shana (last edited Nov 20, 2016 09:39AM) (new)

Shana Hollowell | 2 comments Little Mouse's Sweet Treat by Shana Hollowell

I am looking for reviewers with young children or grandchildren that would be willing to review my children's picture book for Ages 0-5.

In this delightful, children's picture book, Little Mouse goes on an adventure in search of something sweet. He meets lots of friends along the way that share treats with him, but none are quite right. He is disappointed until he arrives home and realizes his Mommy baked the sweetest treat just for him – cookies!

Please comment or email me with your email address (mail@shanahollowell.com) and I will send you the PDF. I am also interested in swapping reviews with other children picture book authors

message 42: by Janet (new)

Janet Holt-Johnstone | 2 comments Hi,

My name is Janet and I am the author of the book "the Devil Knows" that "travels to the wilderness of northern Canada, Austen-mannered London, and the uncertainties of change in a surreal Jamaica".

Also, my book giveaway has started today. I invite you to enter it: https://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/sh...

Thanks,
Janet

message 43: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Yoshida (goodreadscomamanda_yoshida) | 1 comments Hi!
My name is Amanda Yoshida and I recently published a decision-driven, interactive picture book called "The Greatest Wish". This book allows readers to make simple choices that affect how the story unfolds. There is a link below with a full description if you're interested in knowing more. I am looking for one or two people to write reviews on my book and will ship hard-cover copies to you right away.
http://amandayoshida.com/books

message 44: by T.S. (new)

T.S. Williams | 2 comments Hi

My name is T.S. Williams and I would love a review.

https://tswilliams.blog/

message 45: by Jonah (new)

Jonah Christian (jonah_christian_hall) | 39 comments Hi guys. I've put together a separate thread to collect most of these review requests. Jump over to here and make sure to read the first post so it's all clear.

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 46: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Meredith | 2 comments Hi All,

My name is Barbara and I am the author of the Children's Book "Daisy and Friends: Rocky's New Friend", a book appreciated because "Barbara has a way of writing that gets the message of bullying across to all ages".

I would be glad to send a PDF version of my book to anyone interested in making a honest review.

I also invite you to enter my giveaway, that will be active till March 12th:

Don't miss this opportunity!

All the best,
Barbara