Strictly Reviews discussion

Picture Books > Picture book Reviewapalooza

Comments Showing 1-50 of 65 (65 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Jonah (new)

Jonah Christian (jonah_christian_hall) | 39 comments Hi fellow children’s book authors! I’m noticing these review exchanges can get a little confusing as far as who reviews who. Being a bit of an efficiency nut I came up with an idea that might expedite things a bit. Here’s how it would work:

Step 1: To participate, reply to this thread with your email and some information about your children’s picture book. Also say where you want your reviews to appear ( Amazon, Goodreads, etc. ).

Step 2: Once twenty authors have agreed to participate I will email out an invitation to edit the Google Sheet I’ve set up. If you’re unfamiliar with Google Sheets, it’s a spreadsheet that we can all edit at the same time. It’s easy and fun!

Step 3: The sheet will list all twenty books, author names and emails. Pick three books you want to review and put your name in the corresponding box for Reviewer 1, 2 & 3. ( For those of you who are new to Google Sheets, there is no need to “save”. It’s a “living document” and it updates as you type. Welcome to the future :) note: Try not to select books who’s authors have chosen to review your own book. It will create a conflict with Amazon & others.

Step 4: Reviewers must then email the three authors they are reviewing to request epub, mobi or pdf versions of the books ( if it wasn’t already made available via Step 1 ).

Step 5: Authors will then provide those epub, mobi or pdf versions to their 3 reviewers!

Step 6: Write your 3 reviews! Please post your reviews no more than 10 days after the invites are sent out.

Step 7: Once you’ve completed your review switch the box on the far right side from “in progress” to “done”!

Hopefully when we’re done every book will have three reviews. Let’s keep this little experiment friendly and polite. If it works we’ll do another round.

Happy reviewing!
-Jonah Christian Hall
Author. Illustrator. Nerd.

message 2: by Jonah (new)

Jonah Christian (jonah_christian_hall) | 39 comments Eliot wrote: "Hello, My name is Ky Adams and I published "Jib and the Space Junk" in February. You can see the listing here:

https://www.amazon.com/Jib-Space-Junk......"

boom. you're in.

message 3: by Jonah (new)

Jonah Christian (jonah_christian_hall) | 39 comments Eliot wrote: "PS- If anyone has Amazon Kindle Unlimited and a book up for review is on KU, that is a great way to read it and leave a review and the author gets a few pennies for the read. ;-)

My books are all..."

Yes I saw that. let's stick w/the pdf for now if that's ok.

message 4: by Jonah (new)

Jonah Christian (jonah_christian_hall) | 39 comments I'll start!

my name is Jonah Hall. I wrote "Kip and Kamuela's Adventure in Rome".

I would like to be reviewed on Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Goodreads

my email is kipandkamuela@gmail.com

you can review my book here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/l3fab83jzgs...

thanks!

message 5: by P.T. (new)

P.T. Finch (ptfinch) | 1 comments Hi,

I wrote "Buddy's New Friend"
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

I would like to be reviewed on Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Goodreads.

I'll email a copy of the book once this is in motion.

My email is authorptfinch ~at~ gmail dot com

message 6: by Jonah (new)

Jonah Christian (jonah_christian_hall) | 39 comments P.T. wrote: "Hi,

I wrote "Buddy's New Friend"

I would like to be reviewed on Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Goodreads.

I'll email a copy of the boo..."

great. gotcha no the list.

message 7: by Heather (new)

Heather Beal | 1 comments Jonah wrote: "Hi fellow children’s book authors! I’m noticing these review exchanges can get a little confusing as far as who reviews who. Being a bit of an efficiency nut I came up with an idea that might exped..."

Jonah, here is my input

my name is Heather Beal. I wrote "Elephant Wind".

I would like to be reviewed on Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Goodreads

my email is heather_lynn_beal@yahoo.com

I will send the PDF of my book once reviewers have been assigned

-Heather

message 8: by Jonah (new)

Jonah Christian (jonah_christian_hall) | 39 comments Sounds good. Thank you Heather

message 9: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie Ferrante (bonnieferrante) | 12 comments I'd like to participate as long as we don't review someone who has reviewed us. Amazon removes reciprocal reviews. My newest book is Action Alphabet. Action Alphabet

message 10: by Jonah (new)

Jonah Christian (jonah_christian_hall) | 39 comments Bonnie wrote: "I'd like to participate as long as we don't review someone who has reviewed us. Amazon removes reciprocal reviews. My newest book is Action Alphabet. Action Alphabet"

Thanks Bonnie. This is designed to avoid the reciprocal reviews, so you will be able to select people that aren't reviewing you.

I need your

1.email
2. where you want your reviews to show up

thanks

message 11: by Ky (new)

Ky Adams Hello,

My book is "Jib and the Space Junk"

Jib and the Space Junk

My email is brusselsproutstudio@gmail.com

I would love reviews on GoodReads and Amazon.

Thanks!
Ky Adams

message 12: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie Ferrante (bonnieferrante) | 12 comments Jonah wrote: "Bonnie wrote: "I'd like to participate as long as we don't review someone who has reviewed us. Amazon removes reciprocal reviews. My newest book is Action Alphabet. Action Alphabet"..."

b.ferrante@tbaytel.net

Goodreads, amazon.ca, amazon.com

Thank you :-)

message 13: by Jonah (new)

Jonah Christian (jonah_christian_hall) | 39 comments Bonnie wrote: "Jonah wrote: "Bonnie wrote: "I'd like to participate as long as we don't review someone who has reviewed us. Amazon removes reciprocal reviews. My newest book is Action Alphabet. [book:Action Alpha..."

Thank you. You're all set. I now have five authors. Looking for 15 more!

message 14: by Danger (new)

Danger Brown | 3 comments Count me in.
I only have the one book "When I am Happy - a book to make you smile" by Danger Brown on KU
Cheers!

message 15: by Jonah (new)

Jonah Christian (jonah_christian_hall) | 39 comments Sounds good. Please send us:

1) your email
2) where you want the reviews to appear.

message 16: by Ronit (last edited Jun 15, 2017 08:41AM) (new)

Ronit (ronitsbooks) | 10 comments Hi Jonah

I would like to join with my Coloring book- The adventures of the numbers: (volume 3) Multiplication and Addition.

my email address is : ronits110@gmail.com
I would like to be reviewed in Amazon.com, Amazon co.uk
and Goodreads.

Thanks

Ronit

message 17: by Jonah (new)

Jonah Christian (jonah_christian_hall) | 39 comments Ronit wrote: "Hi Jonah

I would like to join with my Coloring book- The adventures of the numbers: (volume 4) addition and subsctcation

my email address is : ronits110@gmail.com
I would like to be reviewed in A..."

wonderful. thanks Ronit!

message 18: by Carrie (new)

Carrie Mortleman | 1 comments Carrie Mortleman
Queek's Race in Outer Space
https://www.amazon.com/Queeks-Race-Ou...
Reviews on Amazon & Goodreads would be wonderful.

message 19: by Shana (new)

Shana Hollowell | 4 comments Great idea Jonah.

My children's picture book is "Little Mouse's Sweet Treat."

I would like a review on Amazon, Barnes and Noble and Goodreads. Adding my book to a list on Goodreads would also be wonderful :) My email address is shanaaskew@yahoo.com.

Little Mouse's Sweet Treat

Thanks, Shana

message 20: by Jonah (new)

Jonah Christian (jonah_christian_hall) | 39 comments Shana wrote: "Great idea Jonah.

My children's picture book is "Little Mouse's Sweet Treat."

I would like a review on Amazon, Barnes and Noble and Goodreads. Adding my book to a list on Goodreads would also be..."

you're all set, Shana. Not familiar with lists yet but i'm sure that's possible :)

message 21: by Jonah (new)

Jonah Christian (jonah_christian_hall) | 39 comments Carrie wrote: "Carrie Mortleman
Queek's Race in Outer Space
https://www.amazon.com/Queeks-Race-Ou...
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3......"

Thanks Carrie. Can we get your email so we can invite you to the Google Sheet?

message 22: by Jonah (new)

Jonah Christian (jonah_christian_hall) | 39 comments We now have nine authors. Eleven more to go. tell your friends.

message 23: by Jonah (new)

Jonah Christian (jonah_christian_hall) | 39 comments Jonah wrote: "Bonnie wrote: "Jonah wrote: "Bonnie wrote: "I'd like to participate as long as we don't review someone who has reviewed us. Amazon removes reciprocal reviews. My newest book is Action Alphabet. [bo..."

Still need your additional info, Danger.

1) email
2) where you want the reviews to appear

thank you!

message 24: by Danger (last edited Jun 25, 2017 07:30PM) (new)

Danger Brown | 3 comments OK, thanks Jonah!

Title: When I am Happy; a book to make you smile, by Danger Brown
Amazon, Goodreads, Barnes & Noble. Or wherever. Facebook shares. Anything would be appreciated. Thanks.
I'll be happy to send gifted Kindle copies.

Thanks again!

message 25: by Jonah (last edited Jun 29, 2017 10:34AM) (new)

Jonah Christian (jonah_christian_hall) | 39 comments Danger wrote: "OK, thanks Jonah!

Title: When I am Happy; a book to make you smile, by Danger Brown
Amazon, Goodreads, Barnes & Noble. Or wherever. Facebook shares. Anything would be apprec..."

great thank you

message 26: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn Harrison | 4 comments Hi Jonah!
Thank-you for organizing this! I would like to join the effort!

My book is called Weeds in Nana's Garden. Find full info at http://weedsinnanasgarden.com/

I would love reviews on a few Amazon sites (.com, .co.uk and .ca) as well as on Barnes & Noble and Goodreads would be great!! And if there are any other fellow Canadians, on Indigo.chapters.ca :)

My email is: kharrison@flipturnpublishing.com and I can send a PDF or mobi (what ever is preferred!).

Thank-you!
Kathryn Harrison

message 27: by Jonah (new)

Jonah Christian (jonah_christian_hall) | 39 comments Kathryn wrote: "Hi Jonah!
Thank-you for organizing this! I would like to join the effort!

My book is called Weeds in Nana's Garden. Find full info at http://weedsinnanasgarden.com/

I would love reviews on a fe..."

Ok thanks Kathryn. You're all set

message 28: by Priya (new)

Priya Narayanan (priya_narayanan) Hi Jonah,
I'd like to be part of this group. My book is When Grandma Climbed the Magic Ladder and I'd like to have it reviewed on goodreads, amazon.com and amazon.in
My email id is priya.nm@gmail.com

Thanks and regards :)

message 29: by Jonah (new)

Jonah Christian (jonah_christian_hall) | 39 comments thanks Priya. all set

message 30: by Jonah (new)

Jonah Christian (jonah_christian_hall) | 39 comments We need nine more authors, authors! Let's get some children's picture books added to R4R list. Who knows somebody who needs their books reviewed?

message 31: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn Harrison | 4 comments Jonah.... an idea? Post in this review group that you are seeking Authors / Books for your Children's Book review group?

https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/...

Thanks, Kathryn

message 32: by Jonah (new)

Jonah Christian (jonah_christian_hall) | 39 comments ooh. cool. I'll check that out. thank you!

message 33: by Ronit (new)

Ronit (ronitsbooks) | 10 comments Hi Jonah

I think that you are not going to are more people for the group, so maybe it is time to start the ball rolling if you don't want people to go a way.

Ronit

message 34: by Ella (new)

Ella May | 3 comments Hi Jonah,
Thanks for setting this up. I'd like to participate.
My email address is msellamaywoodman AT gmail.com

I'd like reviews on Amazon, Goodreads, and anywhere else at all!
My early reader for the Fourth of July should be up on Amazon by tomorrow, so I'll post the link when it's available.

Thanks,
Ella

P.S. Thanks to Ronit for the heads-up about this group :)

message 35: by Jonah (new)

Jonah Christian (jonah_christian_hall) | 39 comments ok great. sorry i was out of town. Looks like we should get started. I think with Ella we have 12. I'll share the google doc w/everyone later today. thanks everyone.

message 36: by Jonah (new)

Jonah Christian (jonah_christian_hall) | 39 comments Hi Ella. What book would you like reviewed? You have several.

Ella wrote: "Hi Jonah,
Thanks for setting this up. I'd like to participate.
My email address is msellamaywoodman AT gmail.com

I'd like reviews on Amazon, Goodreads, and anywhere else at all!
My early reader fo..."

message 37: by Janelle (last edited Jun 21, 2017 04:48AM) (new)

Janelle McGuinness | 1 comments Hi Jonah,

Thanks for organising, I'd like to participate.

Email: jmcgbooks@gmail.com

My picture book is called Come Out MR Poo!: Potty Training for Kids and I'd like reviews on Amazon.com and Goodreads

Thank you!
Janelle

message 38: by Jonah (new)

Jonah Christian (jonah_christian_hall) | 39 comments Thanks Janelle. I added you to the Google Doc. Go ahead and pick three authors

message 39: by Jonah (new)

Jonah Christian (jonah_christian_hall) | 39 comments Ok we've got a full set on the spreadsheet. 13 with a last minute add from Janelle. If you haven't done already please just add your name to review three books that are still available. Thanks!

We are officially closing this round to new authors. Hopefully in the next one we can reach 20.

message 40: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie Ferrante (bonnieferrante) | 12 comments I have conflicts with all the open spaces. I could do Shana's, Danger's, or P.T.'s if someone would switch.

message 42: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn Harrison | 4 comments Bonnie wrote: "I have conflicts with all the open spaces. I could do Shana's, Danger's, or P.T.'s if someone would switch."

Hi guys,
Bonnie - I signed up for Danger's and received the book but haven't done the review yet. I can switch to Ella May instead...

I will change it on the spreadsheet now?

Thanks, Kathryn

message 43: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie Ferrante (bonnieferrante) | 12 comments Thank you so much Kathryn. It works now.

Bonnie

message 44: by Ky (new)

Ky Adams Hello all, I'm sorry to be late, I was on vacation for a week. I have now signed up but there were only two books left to sign up for. Thanks, Ky

message 45: by Ronit (last edited Jun 24, 2017 12:57PM) (new)

Ronit (ronitsbooks) | 10 comments Hi Ky
I have an idea, if it is Okay with Jonah, you can review the book you choose and I have an other book

Thanks

Ronit.

message 46: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie Ferrante (bonnieferrante) | 12 comments Bonnie wrote: "Thank you so much Kathryn. It works now.

Bonnie"

Someone moved my name and now the only ones left are ones I can't do.

message 47: by Ella (new)

Ella May | 3 comments @Danger, I sent you an email 6 days ago asking for a copy of your book, but I haven't heard from you. I'm writing here in case my email went to your spam folder. Looking forward to reading and reviewing your book!
Ella

message 48: by Jonah (new)

Jonah Christian (jonah_christian_hall) | 39 comments Hi Ella, Kathryn mentioned a few days back that she received Dangers book. She can probably forward it to you.

Kathryn if you're reading this can you do that? Thanks.

message 49: by Jonah (new)

Jonah Christian (jonah_christian_hall) | 39 comments Hi everyone. Looks like Ronit got one left out in musical chairs. Anyone want to volunteer to review her coloring book so she gets three? I can't because I've already reviewed her.

message 50: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn Harrison | 4 comments HI all,
I just forwarded Danger's book to Ella.
Ronit reviewed my book earlier this year so I am not able to do hers. :(

Thanks, Kathryn

« previous 1