Strictly Reviews discussion

Introduce Yourself

Comments (showing 1-50 of 93) (93 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Charity (new)

Charity | 117 comments Mod
Hi my name is.....

Please tell us a little about yourself and where you are from.

message 2: by Jane (new)

Jane Prowse | 2 comments Hi, Jane Prowse here from the New Forest in the UK. Thanks for the invite to join the group. I've posted a book I would love to have reviewed - and for a limited time it can be downloaded for free as a PDF (suitable for kindles and other e-readers) at www.hattorihachi.com I love the global quality of Goodreads - and the chance to talk about books with people all over the world. Looking forward to reading your reviews of all kinds of books. jx

message 3: by Doug (new)

Doug Dillon Thanks Charity for the invite. Looks like this could become a great group. Best of luck.

Hello all. I'm a writer in the Orlando area who creates works of fiction and nonfiction in the paranormal and historical realms for both young people and adults. I have a very active blog on my website so stop by and see what's going on when you get a chance.

I'm interested in building up my reviews for SLIDING BENEATH THE SURFACE, Book I of the St. Augustine Trilogy for young adults. If you are willing to do a review on Goodreads AND Amazon, it would be my pleasure to send you a copy of my book. Your choice: print, Kindle, EPUB or PDF. Just create a comment below, tell me your format preference and let me know your contact info. That offer will close on November 15.

Take care. Happy reading and writing.

Doug
Sliding Beneath the Surface (The St. Augustine Trilogy, #1) by Doug Dillon
An Explosion of Being An American Family's Journey Into the Psychic New Edition  by Doug Dillon

message 4: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Noah Astle | 1 comments Hi,

My name is Elizabeth and I am a mother to 4 and live in Kansas. I have always loved to read for as long as I can remember. I think I have encouraged my children to enjoy reading as well as they ask to go to the public library every month and they ask me to sign up for the children's/teen summer reading challenges.

My husband got me an e-reader a couple of years ago when the first came out and I loved mine. Last year upgraded to a new one and my children were arguing as to who gets the old one.lol. You will almost never see me out in public without a book as one has said it is like my hobby.

Thank you for the invite and I look forward to seeing what others have said about books as well.

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (SarahJF1984) Hi my name is Sarah, and while I wasn't invited to this group I saw Jane's post (above) on my home page and was intrigued. When I saw it was for authors AND reviewers I joined immediately. Reading is a passion of mine and I also like to tell people what I think. So reveiwing books is a favourite pasttime of mine, in fact sometimes I get so frustrated about not having time to finish a book as quickly as I would like, because I can't give an in depth review if I haven't finished the book (usually I do a mini review of what I have read so far each time I do status update). I have already come to the very depressing conclusion that there aren't enough years left in my life to read all the books that I want to read (same goes for all the recipes I want to cook, but that's for another website).
Anyway, as I said my name is Sarah and I live in Melbourne, Australia. I read pretty much everything, from travel books to cook books to YA to romance to thriller and pretty much everything in between, I'll give almost anything a go. The only book I definitely don't like are comic books or graphic novels (sorry Howard).

Doug - Your book Sliding Beneath the Surface sounds like something that I would really enjoy - YA and fantasy/horror. If you don't mind posting a print book (despite the non-econess of real books, I still love to be able to hold a real book in my hands and after reading it to put it back in my newly built library and be able to look at my books and love them every time I see them) to Australia I would love to do a review for you, both here and on Amazon. Really looking forward to being useful to any authors out there who need some word-of-mouth publicity and reviews, also getting to read all the great books that I might otherwise miss out on (my motives are not completely altruistic).

message 6: by Jane (new)

Jane Prowse | 2 comments Hi Sarah. I'm so pleased my post led you to this blog. Hope you get lots of interesting books to read. Let me know if you want a print copy of Hattori Hachi rather than the free PDF on the website. Jx

message 7: by Cordelia (new)

Cordelia Dinsmore (CordeliaDinsmore) | 3 comments Thank you so much, Charity, for inviting me to join this group! My name is Melody, but I write under the name Cordelia Dinsmore. I have one upper MG book out, Michaela's Gift, which was published through Musa Publishing. I'm working on another MG, but I also write picture books, although none are published to date.

I live in Kansas, but want to give a shout-out to Kristen. My Grandfather was a brick mason and helped build several of the buildings at TTU. I still have lots of family there.

I love to read and enjoy writing reviews for outstanding books. Just posted one earlier this morning. I would love to do review swaps for anyone interested, but I am often brutally honest. I won't however, post anything hurtful.

message 8: by Charity (new)

Kristen wrote: "Hello,
My name is Kristen and I am a college senior at Tennessee Tech University. I originated from the southeastern part of Tennessee. Reading is one of my strongest passions. However, the love of..."

Welcome to the group! Glad to have you :)

message 9: by Charity (new)

Jane wrote: "Hi, Jane Prowse here from the New Forest in the UK. Thanks for the invite to join the group. I've posted a book I would love to have reviewed - and for a limited time it can be downloaded for fre..."

message 10: by Charity (new)

Howard wrote: "Hello!

My name is Howard Shapiro and I am from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Thanks for the invite! I am an author of four children's books and my debut graphic novel ("The Stereotypical Freaks") wil..."

message 11: by Charity (new)

Doug wrote: "Thanks Charity for the invite. Looks like this could become a great group. Best of luck.

Hello all. I'm a writer in the Orlando area who creates works of fiction and nonfiction in the paranormal a..."

message 12: by Charity (new)

Elizabeth wrote: "Hi,

My name is Elizabeth and I am a mother to 4 and live in Kansas. I have always loved to read for as long as I can remember. I think I have encouraged my children to enjoy reading as well as ..."

message 13: by Charity (new)

Sarah wrote: "Hi my name is Sarah, and while I wasn't invited to this group I saw Jane's post (above) on my home page and was intrigued. When I saw it was for authors AND reviewers I joined immediately. Readin..."

message 14: by Charity (new)

Cordelia wrote: "Thank you so much, Charity, for inviting me to join this group! My name is Melody, but I write under the name Cordelia Dinsmore. I have one upper MG book out, Michaela's Gift, which was published t..."

message 15: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 1 comments Hi and thank you so much for inviting me to join this group. My name's Catherine Walker and I'm a writer originally from England but now living in France. My first book The Dominion of Kings was published last month. It's a middle grade novel and I also love reading historical fiction. As well as writing I work in French antiques and love animals and the outdoors.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi My name is Teena Myers. I've lived in New Orleans long enough to be a native. When I'm not running for hurricanes or playing with my grandkids, I write; a blog, for a magazine, and now books. Thanks for the invite Charity.

message 17: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Orchard | 3 comments Hello my name is Lisa Orchard and I've got a new Upper MG/Lower YA series started called the Super Spies. The first two books are out. The first one is titled "The Super Spies and the Cat Lady Killer" and the second one is "The Super Spies and the High School Bomber". I'm working on the third one now. I'm excited to be herer and I want to thank Charity for the invite! I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Lisa Orchard

message 18: by L.S. (new)

L.S. Hullinger | 2 comments Hi everyone! My name is Linda. I write under the pseudonym L.S. Hullinger. I've published two MG paranormal mysteries: "Alibi's Ghosts, The Larger-Than-Life Small World of a Medium's Daughter" and "Cydni Hazard, Empathic Detective-The Pond Haunters." I've just redone my website for Halloween--because I LOVE October and spooky stuff :-) and also because I have a few giveaways listed. If anyone is interested please check it out: www.lshullinger.com I've set my goal for this month to read one spooky/eerie short story a day and at least one hauntingly good novel this month. So far I'm still on track. :-) Thanks Charity for inviting me to join.

message 19: by Kaitlin (new)

Kaitlin Bevis Hi there,
My name I Kaitlin Bevis and I'm a young adult writer. My first book, Persephone came out this year in June. I love writing, but I also love to read. My favorite books are also YA book. I grew up on LJ Smith and now read Kelley Armstrong and any other supernatural lit I can get my hands on.

message 20: by Willett (last edited Oct 09, 2012 09:15AM) (new)

Willett Thomas | 15 comments Hello all,

My name is Redden. Thanks so much for the invite.

My novel is Low Time in Arcadia, a Southern Gothic along the lines of The Secret Lives of Bees. I jumped the gun a bit, and just used two of my free Amazon Kindle promotion days, but will do another give away in November, to include a repost here for anyone willing to read and review my novel.

Also, chapters 1 and 2 are available at Amazon for viewing at https://www.amazon.com/author/redden_...

If after reading you'd like to read and review, I would be more than happy to send you either a mobi or pdf version. Just email me here or at writerlyways@gmail.com.

All the best,
Redden Sanders

message 21: by Charity (new)

Catherine wrote: "Hi and thank you so much for inviting me to join this group. My name's Catherine Walker and I'm a writer originally from England but now living in France. My first book The Dominion of Kings was p..."

Welcome to the group :) We are so glad to have you!

message 22: by Charity (new)

Teena wrote: "Hi My name is Teena Myers. I've lived in New Orleans long enough to be a native. When I'm not running for hurricanes or playing with my grandkids, I write; a blog, for a magazine, and now books. Th..."

Welcome Teena. glad to have you :)

message 23: by Charity (new)

Lisa wrote: "Hello my name is Lisa Orchard and I've got a new Upper MG/Lower YA series started called the Super Spies. The first two books are out. The first one is titled "The Super Spies and the Cat Lady Kill..."

Welcome Lisa, glad to have you!

message 24: by Charity (new)

L.S. wrote: "Hi everyone! My name is Linda. I write under the pseudonym L.S. Hullinger. I've published two MG paranormal mysteries: "Alibi's Ghosts, The Larger-Than-Life Small World of a Medium's Daughter" and ..."

Welcome L.S., glad to have you!

message 25: by Charity (new)

Kaitlin wrote: "Hi there,
My name I Kaitlin Bevis and I'm a young adult writer. My first book, Persephone came out this year in June. I love writing, but I also love to read. My favorite books are also YA book. I ..."

Welcome Kaitlin, glad you joined!

message 26: by Charity (new)

S.W. wrote: "Hi Charity,

Thanks so much for the invite to join this group.
I'm a Middle Grade author, husband, father to two great kids and I live in the land of Oz (Australia).

I currently have two action/ad..."

Welcome S.W., glad to have you!

message 27: by Charity (new)

Redden wrote: "Hello all,

My name is Redden. Thanks so much for the invite.

My novel is Low Time in Arcadia, a Southern Gothic along the lines of The Secret Lives of Bees. I jumped the gun a bit, and just used..."

Welcome Redden, glad you joined!

message 28: by Charity (new)

Kristen wrote: "Hi everyone!
My name is Kristen and I would be delighted to introduce you to my novel, The Unfortunate Soul.

What turn of events takes place when an attempt to slay the villain boils down to merel..."

Welcome Kristen, so glad to have you!

message 29: by Michael (new)

Michael Hiebert (whiterabbit7844) | 2 comments Hi,

My name is Michael Hiebert. I just sort of stumbled onto this group.

I'm a writer of YA (and other) books and I'm very excited about the prospect of finding new places to promote my work and read other people's work.

I'm very interested in doing some blog tours. My latest book, DOLLS, is out as an ebook and will be released as a trade paperback probably in the next month or so. I also have two other YA titles in the works, one of which is rather original and going to be very tough to market (I think), the other being very early in the writing phase.

My YA fiction is published under my own imprint, DangerBoy Books.

I also write adult fiction. My adult work is published by Kensington Books. I have a mystery coming out next July called DREAM WITH LITTLE ANGELS.

My website is located at www.michaelhiebert.com

I look forward to meeting some of you on here and learning a whole bunch.

Best regards,

Michael

message 30: by S.L. (new)

S.L. Vail (slvail) | 4 comments Hi, all -
Like Michael, I stumbled onto this group and I'll admit that I'm a bit overwhelmed by the whole GoodReads environment. I joined hoping both to find good reads for myself and good readers for my work.

I write dark comedy and absurdist fiction and am currently seeking reviews of Act Locally (www.slvail.com).

I definitely want to find great new writers to read, so if you happen across this post think we're a match, pls flag me ... there's a LOT going on here!

message 31: by Sheryl (new)

Sheryl Sorrentino | 5 comments My name is Sheryl Sorrentino, and I live in the California Bay Area. Although I've been a lawyer going on 25 years, I began writing fiction in 2009. All three of my novels (Later With Myself: The Misadventures of Millie Moskowitz; An Unexpected Exile; and The Floater) are on Goodreads and available through Amazon (although my second novel is undergoing an overhaul, and will be re-launched early next year).

I am always looking for reviews, feedback and new Goodreads friends. Thank you for inviting me into your group!

message 32: by Scott (new)

Scott Phillips (ScottSPhillips) | 1 comments Hi folks! My name is Scott Phillips, I've been a professional writer for a number of years but started doing the indie publishing thing a few years ago. I'm struggling to get eyes on my books, so I'm excited to be in the group! Thanks for letting me join.

message 33: by Beth (new)

Beth Hi!

My name is Beth and I work at the Union County Public Library in Liberty, Indiana with kids from second grade through teens. Part of my job is doing book talks with the classes in our school system. I am always looking for new books to read and tell the kids about...it doesn't hurt that I love junior and young adult fiction. I would love to be a part of your group! Reading new books and helping authors out is one of the best parts of my job! (I still can't believe they let me have a say in what we purchase! I LOVE MY JOB!)

Jillian (NetGalley Addict) (busymomsbookreviews) Hi,
My name is Jillian and I am an at home mom. In between taking care of my kids, I read everything, review it and blog about it.

message 35: by Nicolas (new)

Nicolas Wilson | 4 comments Hi all, I'm Nic. I'm a novelist nowadays, because I'm a slow reader, so I've slacked off on most of my "fun" reading. I love a variety of genres, and love writers with a dark and quirky voice. I grew up on graphic novels and science fiction. To me, the voice of the author is more important than the subject of the book.

I've got one novel currently available, and will have several others coming soon. It seems like the revisions take ten times longer than the actual writing.

Whores: not intended to be a factual account of the gender war

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi y'all, I'm Jennifer. I'm currently in the process of writing my first novel, so I don't have one to post yet. Would love the opportunity to help out a couple fellow writers in the mean time, however. My novel is in the erotic romance genre, but I'm a fan of many.

I am also a wife and mother of four. Fortunately for me, my husband is actually enjoying my book so he is GREAT at helping with kids and cleaning after work. Otherwise I'd NEVER get this thing finished. I look forward to meeting many of youand learning about your work :)

message 37: by Chantilly (new)

Chantilly White (Chantilly_White) | 1 comments Hi, everyone! Thank you so much for providing this group.

I'm Chantilly White. I'm originally from California, but now live in the Pacific Northwest with my husband, three children, and three insanely destructive but lovable cats.

I live to read, and have written most of my life (I wrote my first 200-page novel when I was eight!) I earned my degree in creative writing from UC Riverside years ago, but didn't pursue my passion seriously until about five years ago when I finally joined Romance Writers of America (RWA) and got back to learning/refining craft and writing regularly once again.

Now, with the explosion of indie publishing, I have taken control of my career and am loving the experience, especially the chance to connect with readers. I write very steamy romance and currently have four titles available: a short story (Pearls of Passion), a novella (Pearls of Wisdom) and two short-length novels (Pearls of Pleasure and Unwrapped.) My next release will be available in early February and is another short story for Valentine's Day, titled Cupid's Mistake.

The hardest part of being a writer for me, by far, is the self-promotion required, and finding honest reviews is a huge part of that. I'm incredibly thankful for groups like this one, where readers and writers can get together. I will post my stories in the appropriate area, and if a reader would like to review any of my titles, I can easily send a coupon for download in the format of their choice via Smashwords, or a pdf copy through email. (Unwrapped is in Amazon Select, so is unavailable on Smashwords at this time.)

Thanks again for the opportunity, and I look forward to getting to know everyone.

All the best,
Chantilly White

message 38: by Greta (new)

Greta Burroughs (gretab) | 4 comments Hello, my name is Greta Burroughs and I live in Green Sea, SC. I am an author and have three children's books, two MG/YA books and a nonfiction memoir about my experiences with a blood disorder called ITP.

I am looking forward to meeting everyone in this group and hope to learn from you all.

message 39: by J.T. (new)

J.T. Sather (jtsather) | 1 comments Hi, my name is JT. I'm an out of work contractor turned author. I've written a self-help inspirational memoir thing. It's going to be republished by the end of Feb. by Inknbeans Press, and I'm trying to get as many reviews as I can before the release.

message 40: by Ken (new)

Ken Brimhall (kenbrimhall) I just found out about this group a few minutes ago and I'm here! Hello, I'm Ken Brimhall from San Antonio, Texas, USA. I write and review, and am still reeling from the treachery of four Top Amazon Reviewers who said they would read and review my second book and didn't. I have a profile here at Goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/... and am looking forward to meeting many new and interesting people. I hope everyone has a successful 2013.

message 41: by Drake (new)

Drake Llywelyn (darkshadowsbookreviews) | 5 comments Hi Drake here! I have a review site for horror and Gothic fiction!

message 42: by Wayne (new)

Wayne McNeill (WayneMcNeill) | 2 comments Hi I'm Wayne (McNeill). I've written a few articles about some obscure writers but I'm not a reviewer...but I love reading reviews. My book "Songbook for Haunted Boys and Girls" will be out soon and it would be wonderful if someone here took the time to take a look. Great site.

message 43: by Jon (new)

Jon Kidwell | 1 comments Hello, readers. I am Jon. I am a CPA and an ordained minister. I was placed on permanent medical disability awhile back. though my body has slowed down, my mind has not. I am a voracious reader and fledgling writer. My favorite genres are Christian Living, Biblical prophecy, as well as comparative religion, and love a good mystery and crime novel. I would be happy to review any books in these genres. Hopefully, I will have something for others to review in the best future. Thanks.

message 44: by Jan (new)

Jan | 2 comments Hi, I am are retired art teacher for about 2 years. I am trained in art and art education and now learning about illustration and writing. I have two children's books I have written that I am seeking reviews for. One is Drabsville, an educational picture book for young children and the other is a chapter book, Roland's Stupendous Imagination And The Native Americans. I would be most appreciative of anyone that could review my books and post are view on Amazon for mr. I will be glad to review books for others too.

message 45: by Jan (new)

Jan | 2 comments I forgot to add my website, http://www.jancwatford.com

message 46: by Heather (new)

Heather McCorkle (HeatherMcCorkle) | 2 comments Hi, it's nice to meet everyone! I'm Heather McCorkle, author of fantasy novels (in many of the sub-genres) and avid reader of fantasy and sci-fi.

message 47: by Nickie (new)

Nickie Cochran (NickieCochran) | 2 comments Hi all, I'm Nickie, originally from Germany and now call Colorado Springs, at the base of the beautiful Rocky Mountains, my second home. I've always enjoyed writing, but I really caught "the bug" in 2011 when I finally finished the 1st draft of my very own novel "The Heidelberg Ghost." After yet another military move, I finally published it plus a short prequel and am working on book 2 of the Do you Spook German series.

I love reading and writing fun, lighthearted love stories (kinda what you'd see on the Hallmark channel) with a touch of paranormal, such as quirky ghosts. My current series is mostly set in Germany (except for the prequel, which is set in Ireland).

My hope is to connect with like-minded readers and authors that enjoy fun & clean romances.

message 48: by Calee (new)

Calee Lee (calee_m_lee) Hi! Thanks for organizing this group. I'm from Xist Publishing and we are always looking for reviewers for our children's books! http://xistpublishing.com

message 49: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Howland (AshleyHowland) | 1 comments Hi I'm Ashley from Australia. I write children's novels and also have a blog for interviews and reviews. Love to trade reviews. My two published books are: Ghostnapped and Obi the Super Puppy and the Mystery of the Red Mist. I am also in the process if having The Homework Goblin published. Looking forward to getting to know everyone here!

message 50: by Katie (new)

Katie Pfeiffer | 1 comments Hi Everyone!
I am new to Goodreads. My name is Katie Pfeiffer and I'm a visual artist. I just published my 1st children's picture ebook- LULU LOOKS FOR LOVE on Amazon . I would love to have some senior children's ebook reviewers review the book and post their comments about the book. The book contains 17 folk art illustrations. It is really a book that contains a message for everyone. Send me a message if you are interested. Thank you!

« previous 1