Struggling Writers discussion

Your Writing (J-R) > Kyle's Writing

Comments (showing 1-7 of 7) (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kyle (new)

Kyle LJ (kylelj) Hi guys. I'm new to this group, so excuse me if I do something wrong! I have just begun writing things, and I have no clue as to whether I'm any good at it or not. I have created a Tumblr where I post my writing, which consists at this point of a highschool romance/drama that I've been writing. If you could go to my Tumblr and read it, that'd be great. I really want people's opinions on my writing, what I could improve on, if you liked it at all, anything you have to say about my writing.

http://kyleswritingplacething.tumblr.com

If you have a Tumblr and liked my writing so far, please follow me!

message 2: by Ingrid, The Return Of Super Woman, Head Moderator (new)

Ingrid | 885 comments Mod
I have a link to your blog saved in my email so i will read it soon!

message 3: by Kyle (new)

Kyle LJ (kylelj) Thanks Ingrid, I just want an honest opinion. There's no way in hell I'm showing anybody I actually know, so opinions from strangers is probably the best option! :)

I want an honest opinion. If you hate it, that's cool, I don't mind. I've never done anything like this before and I get really nervous about thinking if it's rubbish or not. It's the not knowing bit that gets to me, so greatly appreciated!

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Weldon (SarahRWeldon-author) | 6045 comments Kyle I tried to get in to read a sample but nothing opens. Why not put your writing on Goodreads you can limit who sees it by making it friends only or public, that's up to you. All you need to do is copy and paste from Word, easy, has to be blonde little me manages it!

message 5: by Kyle (new)

Kyle LJ (kylelj) Oh bugger, sorry. I put it to the main page. Go to this one instead.

kyleswritingplacething.tumblr.com/always

Sorry! (On that main page, if you were to go to the box on the side, it would come up with the links for My Writing, but that's alright).

message 6: by Ingrid, The Return Of Super Woman, Head Moderator (new)

Ingrid | 885 comments Mod
Kyle wrote: "Thanks Ingrid, I just want an honest opinion. There's no way in hell I'm showing anybody I actually know, so opinions from strangers is probably the best option! :)

I want an honest opinion. If yo..."

i didn't get to read it but the fact that you put a lot of work into it is good enough. I will read it before 5 pm and tell you what i think:)

message 7: by Praveen (new)

Praveen Manohar G | 13 comments Hi Kyle...Just found this thread...Nice to see some one put effort in writing...I am struggling to find time to write...
Anyway...regarding your story I am yet to read it...But can you put the story in one single sentence...
One of my friend's who is a good critic of stories...says a good story is one which can be condensed into a single sentence...

Do this only if you are okay about it...

I will surely read your story..ALL THE BEST!!