The Twelve (The Passage, #2) The Twelve discussion

Live Video Chat with Justin Cronin

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Patrick (last edited Nov 01, 2012 10:52AM) (new)

Patrick Brown ****UPDATE: THIS CHAT HAS BEEN POSTPONED DUE TO THE HURRICANE ON THE EAST COAST. WE WILL UPDATE THE PAGE WHEN WE HAVE A NEW DATE AND TIME.****

We'll be discussing his new book The Twelve, the follow-up to his enormous bestseller The Passage. Don't miss your chance to have this talented author a question!

If you've got a question for Justin, please ask it below.

message 2: by Ay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ay I'd like to know how Justin would like me to view the world/humankind differently - if so - from reading The Passage and The Twelve. I'd like to know how/if he does indeed view the world/humankind differently after writing these two?!

Sherri Both the Passage and the Twelve are novels of epic proportions. As a reader I love this, something to really get my teeth into! How as an author did you manage to keep track of all your characters, their personal plot lines and the events which occur across time?

Kerri Kerri from Peterborough: What is your favourite part of being an authour? In the Passage how did you

Kerri choose the surnames of the souls that Amy released near the end of the book? My maiden name was

Kerri there.. that was a moment in reading that really touched me... Awesome books, can't wait

message 7: by Shandon (new)

Shandon Arnold The Passage was that rare book that reawakened a love of reading in me. What an amazing novel that also renewed my faith in truly creative writers. My question is, Do you think this series lends itself to movie adaptation and if so (due to the scope and size of the series as a whole) how many films would it take to be a well made adaptation? Would it be better as a t.v. show in the vain of Game of Thrones (a cable channel produced program) because of it's scale? Thank you.

message 8: by Shandon (new)

Shandon Arnold In this new age of reading, what are your feelings about eBooks vs. paper books? Do you have a preference as a reader or as a writer in the experience a reader has with your novels? Do you think the medium changes the connection between the reader and the story in some way? Does it really matter as long as people are still reading? Thank you.

Beverley Albright q What do you think makes your book different that other 'vampire' virus type books?

Stephanie Why did you introduce the viral serum and then have Amy destroy them did you know you where going to do this or was this something that just came out of Amy's charter? that evo

message 11: by Ay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ay I was gonna ask Justin what time will it be here in Oz when he is on this live video chat.. and just googled the answer - 3am on the 2nd Nov! YIKES!!!! But for you JUSTIN! I can DO IT!!! *makes coffee cups in advance!!!!

message 12: by Patrick (new)

Patrick Brown Hi Everyone. Unfortunately, due to some hurricane related power outages and travel issues, we are postponing the chat. I will update this page when we have a new date and time. Sorry for the inconvenience.