Christian Fiction Bloggers discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived Buddy Reads > October Buddy Read (Discussion)

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Megan, ☘I Lost My Shoe ☘ (last edited Sep 25, 2012 01:12AM) (new)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 6294 comments Mod
Reading a book is fun, but reading a book with someone makes it SO much more fun! So I decided to start a monthly buddy read for fans of Christian fiction and non-fiction.

Leave a post with the genres you like to read or which books you have that you want to read next month, and then those who want to read the same book(s) or who enjoy the same genres can ask to buddy with you.

Here's an example of how to post:

Hi! I enjoy reading lots of different genres, but my favorite is historical fiction. I am planning on reading A Passion Most Pure by Julie Lessman next month, but I am willing to read another book as well.

Once you know who you are buddying with, please leave a comment HERE with the names of the people buddying up (you can buddy up with more than one person) and the book(s) you will be reading.

message 2: by Anne (new)

Anne Mateer (annemateer) | 8 comments I love this idea! My reading for October will include The Girl in the Glass by Susan Meissner The Girl in the Glass A Novel by Susan Meissner and Band of Sisters by Cathy Gohlke Band of Sisters by Cathy Gohlke Anyone want to join me for one or the other (or both)?

message 3: by L (last edited Sep 25, 2012 05:07AM) (new)

L Megan, i love your idea!

I adore fantasy fiction and read it more than anything else. I have planned soon to begin reading 'The Da Vinci Code' (as i do enjoy all genres), and was wondering if anyone was either going to be reading this or if there was someone who enjoyed fantasy fiction? x

a). The Da Vinci Code (Robert Langdon, #2) by Dan Brown
or
b). fantasy genre

message 4: by Emily (new)

Emily Grace Hello! I enjoy reading Christian romantic fiction. I was planning on reading The Accidental Bride by Denise Hunter The Accidental Bride by Denise Hunter. But I'm open to read another romantic fiction.

message 5: by Janet (new)

Janet | 113 comments Hi, I love Christian fiction especially Amish fiction. I will be reading treasuring Emma and faithful to Laura in October.

message 6: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (baseballblondie) | 1180 comments I'm not entirely sure what I'll be reading in October.

I know that I will for sure be reading Twice Promised by Maggie Brendan & Promised to Love by Serena Miller. I'll also be reading Twice a Bride by Mona Hodgson.

And in the non-Christian/young adult fantasy genre - Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan

I'm fairly certain I'll read at least one book published by Bethany House, one from Thomas Nelson, and maybe one from Tyndale (haven't seen my review selections yet).

message 7: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (last edited Sep 25, 2012 11:01AM) (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 9525 comments Mod
Dawn wrote: "I'm not entirely sure what I'll be reading in October.

I know that I will for sure be reading Twice Promised by Maggie Brendan & Promised to Love by Serena Miller. I'll also be reading Twice a Bri..."

I should be reading Twice Promised by Maggie Brendan & Promised to Love by Serena Miller too (for the Revell tour). :)

message 8: by Megan, ☘I Lost My Shoe ☘ (last edited Sep 29, 2012 05:43PM) (new)

I enjoy reading lots of different genres, but my favorite is historical fiction.

These are the books I am planning on reading in October:

No Safe Harbor (Edge of Freedom, #1) by Elizabeth Ludwig
No Safe Harbor by Elizabeth Ludwig

All Things New by Lynn Austin
All Things New by Lynn Austin

Sandwich, with a Side of Romance by Krista Phillips
Sandwich, with a Side of Romance by Krista Phillips

The Road to Mercy by Kathy Harris
The Road to Mercy by Kathy Harris (I have to get this one read by the 4th)

A Love Surrendered (Winds of Change, #3) by Julie Lessman
A Love Surrendered by Julie Lessman (this is the sixth book in her O'Connor family saga and they're best read in order, so you don't spoil any of the previous books for yourself.)

Accidentally Amish by Olivia Newport
Accidentally Amish by Olivia Newport

Beyond the Storm by Carolyn Zane
Beyond the Storm by Carolyn Zane

Where the Trail Ends by Melanie Dobson
Where the Trail Ends by Melanie Dobson

Looking Through the Water by Ginny Karoub
Looking Through the Water by Ginny Karoub

Finally and Forever (Katie Weldon, #4) by Robin Jones Gunn
Finally and Forever by Robin Jones Gunn

Sweeter Than Birdsong by Rosslyn Elliott
Sweeter Than Birdsong by Rosslyn Elliott

message 9: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (lizr8900) | 318 comments Here are a couple of the books I'd like to read in October:

Megan your way of listing your books looked so neat and tidy, I had to borrow it =)

With Every Letter (Wings of the Nightingale, #1) by Sarah Sundin
With Every Letter by Sarah Sundin

Nightshade (Discarded Heroes, #1) by Ronie Kendig
Nightshade by Ronie Kendig

Trinity Military War Dog (A Breed Apart, # 1) by Ronie Kendig
Trinity: Military War Dog by Ronie Kendig

A Passion Denied (Daughters of Boston, Book 3) by Julie Lessman
A Passion Denied by Julie Lessman

message 10: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (last edited Sep 25, 2012 11:24PM) (new)

Elizabeth-

I have Trinity I'd like to read, but I don't know when I'll be able to get to it and don't want to hold you back... it probably won't be until mid-to-late October.

message 11: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (lizr8900) | 318 comments Melanie wrote: "Elizabeth-

I have Trinity I'd like to read, but I don't know when I'll be able to get to it and don't want to hold you back... it probably won't be until mid-to-late October."

I'll doubt I'll get to it before then either tbh. I've got several books I'm halfway through that I need to finish up first. I'd be happy to wait till the end of October!

message 12: by Aerykah (new)

Aerykah | 1404 comments I've never done this before, but I'm willing to give it a shot... ;)
I'll read just about any genre, though historic romance is probably my favorite.

My reading list changes as I, my sis-in-law, & my library get new books (frequently), so I don't have a set reading list; but I do have a couple books that I would like to get to soon ---

Touching the Clouds (Alaskan Skies #1) by Bonnie Leon Touching the Clouds by Bonnie Leon
Code Blue (Prescription for Trouble, #1) by Richard L. Mabry Code Blue by Richard L. Mabry

I'm currently reading The Shiloh Legacy by Bodie Thoene. I'm on book 2, so I'll be finishing it & reading book 3 in Oct. if anyone's interested in reading those...

message 13: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

Aerykah, I have Code Blue on Kindle so I could buddy with you on that one if you're interested. :)

message 14: by Aerykah (new)

Aerykah | 1404 comments Melanie wrote: "Aerykah, I have Code Blue on Kindle so I could buddy with you on that one if you're interested. :)"

Sure, if you'd like to. :)

message 15: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

I do - I've been wanting to read that book and this will give me an excuse to read it. :)

message 16: by Aerykah (new)

Aerykah | 1404 comments Okay. Great! :)

message 17: by Caitlyn (last edited Sep 26, 2012 04:00PM) (new)

Caitlyn Santi | 815 comments Hi! I read a wide variety of genres. But some of my favorites are historical, suspense, and fantasy! I don't really have a set reading list for the coming month but here are three I am hoping to get to in October.
Matched (Matched, #1) by Ally Condie Matched by Ally Condie
The Forgiven Duke A Forgotten Castles Novel by Jamie Carie The Forgiven Duke by Jamie Carie
And The Pursuit of Lucy Banning(Avenue of Dreams, # 1) by Olivia Newport The Pursuit Of Lucy Banning by Olivia Newport, if anyone else is planning to read any of these I would love to buddy with you, and I would also be willing to read a different book!!! :)

message 18: by Aerykah (new)

Aerykah | 1404 comments Caitlyn, I'd be willing to read The Pursuit of Lucy Banning by Olivia Newport with you if you want.

message 19: by Rita (new)

Rita | 4895 comments I enjoy reading Christian fiction. My favorite genres are Amish, Historical Romance, and Contemporary. I also enjoy some non-fiction.

Here are some of the books I am hoping to read soon:

To Love and to Cherish (The Bliss Creek Amish) by Kelly Irvin
To Love and to Cherish by Kelly Irvin

Treasuring Emma (Middlefield Family, #1) by Kathleen Fuller
Treasuring Emma by Kathleen Fuller

Faithful to Laura by Kathleen Fuller
Faithful to Laura by Kathleen Fuller

Unending Devotion by Jody Hedlund
Unending Devotion by Jody Hedlund

Love's Reckoning (The Ballantyne Legacy, #1) by Laura Frantz
Love's Reckoning by Laura Frantz

With Every Letter (Wings of the Nightingale, #1) by Sarah Sundin
With Every Letter by Sarah Sundin

Be Still My Soul A Novel by Joanne Bischof
Be Still My Soul: A Novel by Joanne Bischof

Angel of the Cove by Sandra Robbins
Angel of the Cove by Sandra Robbins

Stealing Jenny by Ellen Gable
Stealing Jenny by Ellen Gable

Loving Liza Jane by Sharlene MacLaren
Loving Liza Jane by Sharlene MacLaren

For Such a Time as This A Women of Hope Novel by Ginny Aiken
For Such a Time as This: A Women of Hope Novel by Ginny Aiken

Glamorous Illusions by Lisa Tawn Bergren
Glamorous Illusions by Lisa Tawn Bergren

message 20: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (lizr8900) | 318 comments Rita - I'm planning on reading With Every Letter in October too, I'd love someone to discuss it with! I was thinking about reading Unending Devotion towards the end of the month too.

message 21: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 106 comments I would love to have a reading buddy on a book in October. I have a collection of books that I got for free on Kindle. I will probably read The Flu by Jacqueline Druga, Slipping into Darkness, The Covenant by Beverly Lewis, Violet Miracle by Christina LI. If I have the book or can get it at the library and it is Christian fiction or non-fiction, I would read it if someone wants to join me.

message 22: by Rita (new)

Rita | 4895 comments
Elizabeth wrote: "Rita - I'm planning on reading With Every Letter in October too, I'd love someone to discuss it with! I was thinking about reading Unending Devotion towards the end of the month too."

Sounds good to me. I'll sign us up for those two books.

message 23: by Caitlyn (new)

Caitlyn Santi | 815 comments Aerykah wrote: "Caitlyn, I'd be willing to read The Pursuit of Lucy Banning by Olivia Newport with you if you want."

Sorry, I didn't see your comment earlier! I haven't done this before but, I would love to buddy with you! Thanks! :D

message 24: by Aerykah (new)

Aerykah | 1404 comments Caitlyn wrote: "Sorry, I didn't see your comment earlier! I haven't done this before but, I would love to buddy with you! Thanks! :D"

That's okay. I haven't done it before either, so I guess we'll learn something new together. ;)

message 25: by Janet (new)

Janet | 113 comments Rita wrote: "I enjoy reading Christian fiction. My favorite genres are Amish, Historical Romance, and Contemporary. I also enjoy some non-fiction.

Here are some of the books I am hoping to read soon:

Hey Rita, wanna be reading buddies for Treasuring Emma and Faithful to Laura?

message 26: by Rita (new)

Rita | 4895 comments Janet wrote: "Rita wrote: "I enjoy reading Christian fiction. My favorite genres are Amish, Historical Romance, and Contemporary. I also enjoy some non-fiction.

Here are some of the books I am hoping to read s..."

Hey Rita, wanna be reading buddies for Treasuring Emma and Faithful to Laura?

Sure, I'd like that. I'll sign us up.

message 27: by Megan, ☘I Lost My Shoe ☘ (new)

Anne wrote: "I love this idea! My reading for October will include The Girl in the Glass by Susan Meissner The Girl in the Glass A Novel by Susan Meissner and Band of Sisters by Cathy Gohlke"

Anne,
I could read The Girl in the Glass with you if you want.

message 28: by Janet (new)

Janet | 113 comments Megan wrote: "Anne wrote: "I love this idea! My reading for October will include The Girl in the Glass by Susan Meissner The Girl in the Glass A Novel by Susan Meissner and Band of Sisters by Cathy Gohlke"

..."

Let us know how it is please, it is on my to read list......

message 29: by Anne (new)

Anne Mateer (annemateer) | 8 comments Definitely will let you know, Megan!

message 30: by Anne (new)

Anne Mateer (annemateer) | 8 comments Megan wrote: "Anne wrote: "I love this idea! My reading for October will include The Girl in the Glass by Susan Meissner The Girl in the Glass A Novel by Susan Meissner and Band of Sisters by Cathy Gohlke"

..."
Megan! Somehow I missed your post! I just finished Girl in the Glass, but if you read I'd love to talk about it!

message 31: by sarah (new)

sarah | 27 comments I just got these books on my Kindle if anyone wants to buddy with me. (I'm not a super fast reader.)
Broken Identity by Sarah Jae Foster Broken Identity by Sarah Jae Foster
The Eyes of the Heart by Richard A Hackett Jr. The Eyes of the Heart by Richard Hackett Jr.
Relentless (Dominion Trilogy, #1) by Robin Parrish Relentless by Robin Parrish
Secrets A Novel (Secrets, #1) by Kristen Heitzmann Secrets by Kristen Heitzmann

message 32: by Diane U (last edited Oct 12, 2012 01:03PM) (new)

Diane U (djuseless) Sarah, I would like to read Secrets Michelli Family Series, Book 1 by Kristen Heitzmann with you!

I am not a super fast reader either, I read about a book a week depending on what's going on in life. I will be ready to start a new book early next week (unless I get more reading done that I thought I would).

message 33: by sarah (new)

sarah | 27 comments Sounds great! I'll plan on starting it next week. :)

message 34: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (lizr8900) | 318 comments I'd like to read The Secret Keeper A Novel of Kateryn Parr by Sandra Byrd and  Glamorous Illusions by Lisa Tawn Bergren soon if anyone wants to join me.

message 35: by Elizabeth (last edited Oct 14, 2012 11:07PM) (new)

Elizabeth (lizr8900) | 318 comments Also I've got a couple Love Inspired I'd like to read soon.

Highland Hearts by Eva Maria Hamilton Princess in Peril (Reclaiming The Crown, #1) by Rachelle McCalla Sanctuary for a Lady by Naomi Rawlings Marriage of Inconvenience by Cheryl Bolen Courting the Enemy by Renee Ryan The Temporary Betrothal by Lily George Lady Outlaw by Stacy Henrie The Captain's Courtship by Regina Scott

message 36: by Rita (new)

Rita | 4895 comments
Elizabeth wrote: "I'd like to readThe Secret Keeper A Novel of Kateryn Parr by Sandra Byrd and  Glamorous Illusions by Lisa Tawn Bergren soon if anyone wants to join me."

I have Glamorous Illusions on my list as well, so we could also buddy up on that one if you'd like.

message 37: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (lizr8900) | 318 comments Rita wrote: "Elizabeth wrote: "I'd like to readThe Secret Keeper A Novel of Kateryn Parr by Sandra Byrd and  Glamorous Illusions by Lisa Tawn Bergren soon if anyone wants to join me."

I have Glamorous Il..."

Sounds great!

message 38: by Janet (last edited Oct 17, 2012 06:03AM) (new)

Janet | 113 comments Anyone wanting to buddy read A Promise for Miriam by Vannetta Chapman or The Narrow Path by Gail Sattler

message 39: by Rita (new)

Rita | 4895 comments
Janet wrote: "Anyone wanting to buddy read A Promise for Miriam by Vannetta Chapman or The Narrow Path by Gail Sattler"

I've already read The Narrow Path; but, we could buddy read A Promise for Miriam, if you'd like.

message 40: by Janet (new)

Janet | 113 comments Rita - if you have time that would be great, it sems like you are a huge reader.

Rita wrote: "Janet wrote: "Anyone wanting to buddy read A Promise for Miriam by Vannetta Chapman or The Narrow Path by Gail Sattler"

I've already read The Narrow Path; but, we could buddy read A Promise f..."

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.