Beyond Reality discussion

General SF&F discussion > What to read next..

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Harriett (new)

Harriett | 8 comments Hello im new to this group so I hope I am posting this in the right section..I recently just finished the Game of Throne Books and im now at a loss as to what to read next, i just loved the books..I went through my recommendations list and bought The Red Wolf Conspiracy. I have just finished the 1st book and don't think I'll continue with the rest in the series, to be honest it really started to bore me and i just finished it because i hate to leave a story unread once i start..I was hoping that someone here could point me in the direction of another great series to get stuck into..I have recently enjoyed The painted man, just loved The name of the wind and the wise mans fear..Also a great lord of the rings fan.Anything along these lines I think would suit me. Would want to start tonight on my kindle, lol..

message 2: by Tim (new)

Tim | 19 comments Give Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series a try. Just read The Eye of the World, book 1. Second only to Tolkein himself in popularity, it's a fun read that flows along nicely and shouldn't be boring at all.

The Eye of the World (Wheel of Time, #1) by Robert Jordan Robert Jordan Robert Jordan

message 3: by Harriett (new)

Harriett | 8 comments Thanks Tim,I have just read some reviews about it and I think ill download it..Lot of books in the series not sure if this is a good or bad thing lol..I guess ill find out soon enough..

message 4: by carol. (new)

carol. | 173 comments They seem to start repeating themselves about book four or so.

*twitches skirt*

message 5: by Kevin (new)

message 6: by Shel, Moderator (new)

Shel (shel99) | 2240 comments Mod
Harriett wrote: "Hello im new to this group so I hope I am posting this in the right section..I recently just finished the Game of Throne Books and im now at a loss as to what to read next, i just loved the books....."

Jennifer Roberson's Chronicles of the Cheysuli. One of my favorites! Eight books, but these days they're published in omnibus editions of two books each. First one:

Shapechanger's Song by Jennifer Roberson

message 7: by Kathi, Moderator & Book Lover (last edited Sep 25, 2012 08:58AM) (new)

Kathi | 3219 comments Mod
I have to agree with Shel recommendation of the Chronicles of the Cheysuli. Totally wowed me back when I read them.

I'd also suggest Kate Elliott's Crown of Stars series. 7 books. First is King's Dragon (Crown of Stars, #1) by Kate Elliott

message 8: by Harriett (new)

Harriett | 8 comments Thanks guys..I have started reading The Wheels of Time, but I will be sure to download samples of the other books.I think recommendations from people are far better than computer generated.

message 9: by Tim (new)

Tim | 19 comments Tim wrote: "Give Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series a try. Just read The Eye of the World, book 1. Second only to Tolkein himself in popularity, it's a fun read that flows along nicely and shouldn't be bori..."

Cool I hope you like it as much as I did. It is a huge series and that might steer some people away from it, but honestly that book is great even if you don't read the rest. The first 3 books in that series I couldn't put down. Books 3-6 were good but not great, and books 7-11 just jumped the shark completely IMO.

message 10: by Helen (new)

Helen I'm on book 4 and loving it.

message 11: by Harriett (new)

Harriett | 8 comments Almost finished book 1 and im really starting to like it..The pace seems to be picking some..Hopefully the second book will have a lot more action in it..

message 12: by Tim (new)

Tim | 19 comments I'm glad your enjoying it. I'm pretty sure you'll like the next few as well. I was tearing through them pretty fast all the way up through book 7

message 13: by Harriett (new)

Harriett | 8 comments I'm not tearing through it just yet, but i can feel the itch in my fingers coming on lol, maybe in the second book..I guess its more about the character and world building in the first book..I really cant wait to see how some of the main characters develop