The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

Favorite Authors/Books/Series > James Rollins - Sigma Force Series

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carlos (new)

Carlos (cdlt1983) One of the most entertaining series I have read, read the first 5 and got 2 to catch up, I recommend it.

message 2: by Brian (new)

Brian January (brianjanuary) | 40 comments I agree--he's one of my favorites! Nice guy, too. He helped inspire me to start writing thrillers!

message 3: by Nigel (new)

Nigel (nigelg) | 1 comments I've always meant to read the Sigma Force series, think I'll have to now after your recommendations.

message 4: by Carlos (new)

Carlos (cdlt1983) One of my favorites also, there is a mixture of everything you expect in a great thriller/mystery plus more and is well blended together.

message 5: by T (new)

T (twoo) | 18420 comments I've just recently discovered these and have only read a couple of them so far, but have a couple more waiting for me....

message 6: by Carmen (new)

Carmen | 2477 comments LOVE!!! I can't get enough of his books! I got into them by accident ( my husband had picked up Amazonia, didn't like it, so I decided to try it. Been hooked ever since!)

This man is truly twisted (land walking piranhas, underground alligators?! OMG!!) He knows how to get and keep you hooked from the very first line! He's the reason I read thriller/action books. I'd never given them a second look until I read his book. Now I can't get enough of them!

message 7: by Carlos (new)

Carlos (cdlt1983) I agree, even though I have only read the sigma force series I would not stop reading his other work.

message 8: by Rick (new)

Rick Soper (RickSoper) | 96 comments I agree with everyone that this is a great series, but his individual books like Amazonia and Excavation are really good too. And the new series he just started with Rebecca Cantrell The Blood Gospel is starting off really cool and is worth checking out.

message 9: by Carmen (new)

Carmen | 2477 comments No way!! You read him too?!?! We ARE related!!

My Fave of his gas to Amazonia. It was the first of his books I read (bought for hubby, then I had to read it) and DAMN!! It creeped me the hell out!!! I am NOT going into the Amazon ever after reading THAT book!! HAHA!! He is one twisted dude!!

Did you know that Rollins is a pen name and he has another one that he uses to write kids books? I didn't know that until just last night. Never bothered to look before. Now I have to read his kid stuff too. And I have to get the collab. book too.

Have you tried Steve Berry? His Cotton Malone series is similar to Sigma and I really like it. And he and Rollins write each others characters into their books. It's awesome!!

message 10: by Rick (new)

Rick Soper (RickSoper) | 96 comments Yes I read Berry too...
and since we are somehow related you might want to check out my books. You not going to find many used, because most of what I've sold are e-books, but they're pretty cheap, ranging from .99 to 2.99. i don't write exactly like I read, but there are a lot of similarities, so you might appreciate them.

message 11: by Taki (new)

Taki Kalcos | 2 comments What if Steve berry and James rollins wrote a book together? Would you read it?

message 12: by Rick (new)

Rick Soper (RickSoper) | 96 comments I like Rollins a little more, but the combination could be pretty cool...

message 13: by Carmen (new)

Carmen | 2477 comments If Rollins and Berry wrote one together, I'd definitely read it! :D

message 14: by Carlos (new)

Carlos (cdlt1983) oh yea most definitely

message 15: by Jen_Ken (new)

Jen_Ken a.k.a....Jenny from the block | 3 comments I’m new to sigma force and I sincerely enjoyed his first sandstorm. I’m also almost done with map of bones; definitely James Rollins is a top writer. Looking forward to the rest in the series.

message 16: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (cinnabarb) | 8406 comments I've read a couple of these books. Very action packed. :)