The Rory Gilmore Book Club discussion

Gilmore Girls Discussions > need some advice bout "must-read" books..

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Livy (new)

Livy | 3 comments i need some advice...what book should i read.what about 'a thousand little pieces'???is it great??

message 2: by Sera (new)

Sera Hi, Livy.

Do you mean A Million Little Pieces? I know that people are mixed on the book, because of Frey lying and all. However, I put that aside and read it for what it was and found it to be a powerful novel. It's on my top 5 list at #3 with the sequel My Friend Leonard.

Here are some other hot books right now:

The Pillars of the Earth

The Alchemist

and as a group, we just finished reading The Time Traveler's Wife, which everyone loved. If you look through the threads, you will find many more recommendations.

Happy Reading!

message 3: by Meghan (new)

Meghan Livy - I think if you want to read A Million Little Pieces you should. I think it's a shame that so many people were touched by this book and then he was demonized because it wasn't all true. Did it really matter? Did it really undo all the good it caused in the beginning?

I'm not saying he should write fiction as truth, but obviously he is a wonderful writer and if you can walk away with something from his book, then more power to you.

I also agree with everything Sera wrote. She's very wise. heh

message 4: by Sera (new)

Sera Livy - Meghan calls me wise, because we share the same taste in books so I guess that makes her wise as well - ha ha. She also saved me from getting kicked off the island as I broke every rule possible when I first joined this group so I owe her big time.

message 5: by whichwaydidshego?, the sage of sass (new)

whichwaydidshego? (whichwaydidshego) | 1996 comments Mod
Hahaha, Sera. We wouldn't have kicked you off the island. We need you to control Meghan. Hee! Oh, and it was she who suggested the ousting anyway!

message 6: by Sera (new)

Sera Thanks, Michele! Now that I understand the rules, you can be sure that I will abide by them. And you are right, it was Meghan who said that I was getting kicked off the island - doh!

message 7: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) Don't feel bad, I'm Meghan's best friend and she'd still make me eat a chicken fetus and read The Great Gatsby to stay on the island. That girl is hard core.

message 8: by Meghan (new)

Meghan shhhhh...I'm that quiet kid in the corner who is going to get everyone else to do all the dirty work and then before you know it, I'm sitting in front of the jury as part of the final three.