Where the Red Fern Grows and Related Readings Where the Red Fern Grows and Related Readings discussion

WHERE THE RED FERN GROWS

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Dannydestroyer7 SAD SAD SAD

message 2: by Nicole (new)

Nicole is it a good book?!

message 3: by Mermaidfreak89 (new)

Mermaidfreak89 YES I READ IT IN THIRD GRADE

message 4: by Paige (new)

Paige Leeann GREAT BOOK and i read it in 5th grade

message 5: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia I read it in 6th grade it was so depressing

message 6: by Juliana (new)

Juliana whoever doesnt shed a tear at the end has no soul!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :|

im serious

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

it's really an amazing book! i hope i have a friend like old dan and little ann :]

message 8: by James (new)

James I love this book. I admit that I did shed a tear at the end of the story.

message 9: by Juliana (new)

Juliana who ever doesnt cry at the end doesnt have a soul of heart :D JK many ppl r strong

message 10: by Maisey (new)

Maisey Loved this book it was sooo intreging one of my favs the end was almost as sad as Marley And Me!!!

message 11: by Maisey (new)

Maisey Nicole wrote: "is it a good book?!"

Heck yeah!!! It's super interesting and intreging, and sad at the end, if you do read it i hope you like it!!!

message 12: by Maisey (new)

Maisey Juliana wrote: "who ever doesnt cry at the end doesnt have a soul of heart :D JK many ppl r strongYou have a good point!!!:)

message 13: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Ojeda ITS AN AMAZIN BOOK I READ IT IN THE 6TH GRADE

message 14: by Nathan (new)

Nathan Hodson Awesome book. I read it in 1st grade.

message 15: by Juliana (new)

Juliana itz awsome i read it in 5th grade

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Wilson Rawls live in my hometown when he wrote this book and I belived he lived in S.E. Idaho until he died. At the library in Idaho Falls, there is a beautiful bronze statue, of Billy, Old Dan and Little Anne. http://www.ifpl.org/index.asp?p=rawls...
Needless to say this has special meaning to me. My older brother and sister have autographed copies of the 1st edition.

message 17: by Gymnast97 (new)

Gymnast97 very sad! cried!

message 18: by Emily (new)

Emily I read this book in 7th grade and started crying at the end... very sad and heartfelt.

message 19: by Taryn (new)

Taryn A beautiful book of friendship, and a historically accurate depiction of life in the Ozarks during that time. Written like it's a story being told over a campfire. One of the most wonderful and engaging books I've ever read.

In my top ten of all time...and I didn't read it until my early 20s :)

message 20: by Shane (new)

Shane One of the greatest books ever, in my opinion. My third grade teacher first read this to us, and I think I read it five or six times after that. It certainly gets to the heart.

message 21: by Maya (new)

Maya Bourgi Although it's been a few years since I've read it, I can honestly say this book is one of the most touching books I've ever read and I remember crying at the end of it! Beautiful book that teaches us a lot about friendship.

message 22: by MaddieH (new)

MaddieH Great book. I haven't read it in years and it still sticks with me.

message 23: by Irene (new)

Irene the first REAL BOOK i ever read. this book is what got me into reading. ive been a book worm since 4th grade. and loving it. :)

message 24: by Sheri (new)

Sheri Irene wrote: "the first REAL BOOK i ever read. this book is what got me into reading. ive been a book worm since 4th grade. and loving it. :)"
it was my first chapter book I read and got me hooked on reading this book holds a special place in my heart.

message 25: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Wadsworth I read this as a senior in high school...and was reading in it class and trying not to cry! AWESOME book...one I will never forget

message 26: by Julie (new)

Julie I loved this book and read in 6th grade, and my son is now a 6th grader and currently reading it, he heard it was sad and keeps asking me what is going to happen, I told him keep reading, it is a wonderful, sad story, but worth the read. I loved it.

message 27: by Vho (new)

Vho The first book I ever read that made me cry. I LOVE this book and would recommend it to anyone-there's something in it for everybody.

message 28: by Tracy (new)

Tracy My son read this when he was in the middle school. He hates to read. I have to pull out all of his teeth and twist his arm to read, but he read this AND crid too. I think it would be impossible for anyone not to cry during this, even the hardest of hearts.

message 29: by Bridget (new)

Bridget Bowers This is an amazing and touching book. It is very much about more than just a story of a boy and his dogs, but what a story that is!

My third grade teacher read us the book, and I remember how much I loved it even through all the tears. When I was a baby, my mom had a black lab. My mom said when I was born she and I became inseparable. I understood how Billy felt when he lost his dogs.

In recent years, I had a chocolate lab that I swear could read my mind and was more human than dog. We tried to fool her by spelling words like cookie and she still knew what we meant. I still cry when I think of her. The bond between people and their dogs are special.

I haven't read this book in a few years, I think because I read it so much when I was younger I still about have it memorized. I still can't even think of the end without a tear in my eye, and when Old Dan's tail wags for the final time.

It's a true treasure of a story.

message 30: by Adia (new)

Adia Wilde this has to be the saddest book in the entire world!! Also, i thought that the story line was just boring! If you like dogs,then DO NOT read this book,EVER!!!

message 31: by Dawn (new)

Dawn Betts-Green (Dinosaur in the Library) Loved loved loved this book. Yes, it's sad, but so very awesome.

message 32: by Cassidy (new)

Cassidy It's an amazing book, and if you read it I promise you will cry! I think everyone needs to read it in their lifetime!

message 33: by Tracy (new)

Tracy Has anyone read SUmmer of the Monkeys by Wilson Rawls, the same author of Where the Red Fern Grows? It's LOL funny! I read it because I wanted to read something else by Rawls since Red Fern was so good. BOth books are stellar.