Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Questions > Ratings, review don't show or add up

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Peter (last edited Sep 22, 2012 07:18AM) (new)

Peter Boody | 5 comments A couple of days ago (9-19) the stats for my book "Thomas Jefferson Rachel & Me" showed 2 new reviews and ratings. Only one ever appeared that day, the text of which had been posted days before without a rating. Never actually saw a truly new review that day but the rating did appear.
Now I see the stats show only one review/rating on that date. What changed?
Also, yesterday (9.22) stats page showed 3 new ratings and 2 new reviews were added -- but again they have yet to show up on the book page or anywhere that I can find.
Am I missing something? What can I do to see these reviews/ratings? Why are they nowhere to be found?
I notice the average rating for the book did drop from 4.1 to 4.06 yesterday so I guess the new ratings exists somewhere in the system.
Also I notice my average rating as an author does not accurately reflect the 4.0 and 4.75 posted ratings of my two books. It seems to be the same value posted for TJRM ... maybe.
The system seems all over the place when it comes to properly propagating and displaying reviews and ratings ... or maybe I lack the knowledge to properly use it.
Thanks for any help with my latest book obsession.

message 2: by Paula (new)

Paula (paulaan) | 7029 comments I have refreshed the ratings.

The book page is cached and it can take a while (days) for the pages to update.

Other than that there is nothing else librarians can do and if this continues to be a problem you are better off posting in the GR Feedback group.

message 3: by Peter (new)

Peter Boody | 5 comments Thanks Paula

message 4: by Susan (new)

Susan (authorsusanreid) | 7 comments Hello! I too am having issues where Im no longer seeing all of my text reviews for Divinity the Gathering Book One. I did combine a while back but that was over a month ago and the numbers are there but the reviews are not. Also, I notice new rankings in my overall rank going up but I can't seem to find where or which book was rated. For instance yesterday it was 4.64 today its 4.67 and it's not showing up between all 3 books. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1... https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...
Please help!

message 5: by Z-squared (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments re 4, I refreshed the stats on all three books. While I was at it, I also adjusted the titles to be in line with Goodreads policy (the series title goes into parantheses), and I updated your series page here:

https://www.goodreads.com/series/1125...

message 6: by Susan (new)

Susan (authorsusanreid) | 7 comments Z-squared wrote: "re 4, I refreshed the stats on all three books. While I was at it, I also adjusted the titles to be in line with Goodreads policy (the series title goes into parantheses), and I updated your serie..."
Oh awesome!! Thank you so much! :D

message 7: by Susan (new)

Susan (authorsusanreid) | 7 comments I seem to still be missing text reviews for book one and new ratings though....I see the total but I'm not seeing the actual rank and review...does that take a few days?

message 8: by Z-squared (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments It might. I'm not real clear on the magic of the 'refresh ratings' button :P If you don't see any improvement in 48 hours, post again!

message 9: by Ken (new)

Ken Poirot (kenpoirot) | 2 comments Missing Ratings and Reviews.

I have had over 160 ratings disappear and about 4 reviews. The ratings have been disappearing for about a month and another 20+ disappeared last night. The reviews just started disappearing a couple days ago. Can someone please help me with that?

I posted in bugs and they sent me here.

Thank you.

Mentor Me: GA=T+E—A Formula to Fulfill Your Greatest Achievement

message 10: by Z-squared (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments Two things. One, I refreshed your book stats, which may or may not help. Two, it looks like two editions of your books were combined recently. When books are combined, the ratings and reviews are NOT lost, they get combined, too. However, reviews in particular are heavily cached. So after a combine, it can take a couple days for them to reappear again. But fear not, they're not missing... just temporarily on walkabout :)

message 11: by Ken (new)

Ken Poirot (kenpoirot) | 2 comments Thank you. Of the 160 ratings that disappeared, about 40 disappeared after the second (Kindle) edition of the book showed up. The rest of the ratings disappeared well before then. Not sure why.

The reviews just disappeared the last few days. Do you know if there is anything that can be done about all the ratings that disappeared? I sent a couple e-mails to contact help here on Goodreads and received no response. I appreciate your help and response. Thank you for refreshing my book stats.

Mentor Me: GA=T+E—A Formula to Fulfill Your Greatest Achievement

message 12: by Z-squared (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments Not a clue, sorry. This is beyond the scope of librarians. Contacting support is really all I know to tell you to do. Good luck!