Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Archive (general & ongoing) > Which challenge should I start with?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kaniac (new)

Kaniac | 28 comments I am new here so I don't even know if I am putting this in the right place but I am interested in starting a challenge but I am honestly a little overwhelmed with the sheer number that seems to be here. Can anyone give me a suggestion on a few to start with?

message 2: by Jane (PS), Moderator (last edited Jan 15, 2013 09:59PM) (new)

Jane (PS) | 19814 comments Hi Kaniac :)

I would suggest that you start with the Monthly Challenge and then branch out. The October categories have just been posted and you can find them here: http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...

Have a look through the September thread to help you work out how it comes together: http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...

Basically you can't start reading for any of the monthly challenges until the first of the new month. So, if you want to start today, I would suggest joining the September monthly challenge and just read 3 books or something...

I'll be posting the monthly newsletter soon, hopefully tomorrow, and this will give a better list on current challenges and what is coming up.

Enjoy :)

message 3: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9327 comments I've moved this thread to the General discussion folder, so other members can see and response.

message 4: by Tania (new)

Tania | 644 comments I'd start with the pick it for me challenge - it's a great challenge to start off with particularly if you are having trouble deciding which books you want to read. You're given clear guidelines about how to pick books for the person you're teamed with and you can see what other people are recommending for the different categories if you need help.

Sign-ups for the October challenge shut in a couple of days.

message 5: by Kaniac (new)

Kaniac | 28 comments Thank you Jane and Tania for the suggestions. I am currently doing the Sept. challenge and will do the Oct. one when it opens. I might try the pifm in Nov. thanks once again and thank you Yz the Whyz I was having one off those whoopsie moments when I posted this here I honestly didn't even know I posted in the archives

message 6: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 19814 comments Kaniac wrote: "Thank you Jane and Tania for the suggestions. I am currently doing the Sept. challenge and will do the Oct. one when it opens. I might try the pifm in Nov. thanks once again and thank you Yz the Wh..."

October is open for planning - just not reading :)

I left the PIFM for a few months as well after I first joined. The PIFM is great for recommendations, but you may feel more comfortable having a solid look around to work out how this place operates first.

message 7: by Katie~Sweets (new)

Katie~Sweets | 16 comments .