Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

2012 Challenge Archive > 2012 September Monthly Reading Challenge - Participants Thread

Comments (showing 1-50 of 318) (318 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

message 1: by Vi (new)

Vi | 2012 comments 2012 September Monthly Reading Challenge

The September Monthly Challenge is up! This thread is for the participant's to post their list and progress.

1. 'S' is for September: Read a book that starts with 'S' or a book whose author's first or last name starts with 'S'.

2. Happy Birthday!: Read a book from a September birthday celebrant's GR bookshelf whose name/nickname starts with the same letter as yours. If no one has the same letter, choose someone with the closest letter to yours alphabetically. September Birthday List

3. Geography: Read a book whose author, character or setting is from Austria. Austria is dominated by the Alps; it has also produced a number of scientists. Read a book set in the mountains or a book with science theme (such as main characters being scientists etc)

4. National Beheading Day: Read a book whose cover has its models' head cut off.

5. Neither Rain Nor Snow Day: Read a book where one of the characters is a mail guy or a book which has a written form of communication (letters, email, SMS etc)

6. Be Kind to Editors and Writers Month: Read a book where a character is in the writing field (author, writer, journalist, publisher, editor, etc)

7. Read a Book Day: Read a book that you have been meaning to read or a book that has been neglected in a series or a challenge or a random book that caught your fancy when you were browsing.

8. 9/11: Read a book set in the aftermath of a terrorist attack or books where the main characters are affected by any terrorist attack (Ex: 9/11 attacks) or a post-apocalyptic book.

9. National Hispanic Heritage Month: Read a Hispanic or a book by one or a book with Hispanic character.

10. Reader's Choice: Read any book of your choice.

Challenge Duration: September 1 – September 30, 2012

You can choose 3 , 5 , 8 or all 10 depending on your reading speed, books availability and/or time commitment.

When posting your challenge progress, please make sure to put the date/s when you finished your book/s. Please repost your progress as it helps when consolidating.

Happy Reading Everyone!

Suggestions Thread

message 2: by *Ash* (last edited Sep 18, 2012 09:17AM) (new)

*Ash* (ashdex) | 18 comments Well don't I look eager?! LOL

√ 1. S: Survival; by AM Hargrove - 09.12.12
2. Happy Birthday!: Read a book from a September birthday celebrant's GR bookshelf whose name/nickname starts with the same letter as yours. If no one has the same letter, choose someone with the closest letter to yours alphabetically. September Birthday List
√ 3. Geography: Resurrection; by AM Hargrove - 09.14.12
4. National Beheading Day: Read a book whose cover has its models' head cut off.
5. Neither Rain Nor Snow Day: Read a book where one of the characters is a mail guy or a book which has a written form of communication (letters, email, SMS etc)
√ 6. Writers: I Now Pronounce You Someone Else; by Erin McCahan - 09.01.12
7. Read a Book Day: Read a book that you have been meaning to read or a book that has been neglected in a series or a challenge or a random book that caught your fancy when you were browsing.
8. 9/11: Read a book set in the aftermath of a terrorist attack or books where the main characters are affected by any terrorist attack (Ex: 9/11 attacks) or a post-apocalyptic book.
9. National Hispanic Heritage Month: Read a Hispanic or a book by one or a book with Hispanic character.
√ 10. Reader's Choice: Anchors' Aweigh; by Kathleen Bacus - 09.02.12

message 3: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 9116 comments Great categories Vi!! I especially love National Beheading Day, LOL!

I am in, list to follow :)

message 4: by Sassafrass (last edited Sep 05, 2012 09:56AM) (new)

Sassafrass (sass-a-frass) | 1849 comments I'm in too. I'll go for all 10 categories. List to follow.
7/10

1. 'S' is for September: Read a book that starts with 'S' or a book whose author's first or last name starts with 'S'. Chasing Bliss by Sophie Oak done 9/2/12

2. Happy Birthday to Sierra!: Trial by Fire done 9/5/12

3. Geography: Read a book whose author, character or setting is from Austria. Austria is dominated by the Alps; it has also produced a number of scientists. Read a book set in the mountains or a book with science theme (such as main characters being scientists etc) Their New-Found Family

4. National Beheading Day: Read a book whose cover has its models' head cut off. Alpha Me Not Alpha Me Not (White Wolf, #3) by Jianne Carlo done 9/4/12

5. Neither Rain Nor Snow Day: Read a book where one of the characters is a mail guy or a book which has a written form of communication (letters, email, SMS etc) Crocodile on the Sandbank--written as the heroine's journal (approved in suggestions thread)

6. Be Kind to Editors and Writers Month: Read a book where a character is in the writing field (author, writer, journalist, publisher, editor, etc) Scored--heroine is a sports journalist done 9/2/12

7. Read a Book Day: Read a book that you have been meaning to read or a book that has been neglected in a series or a challenge or a random book that caught your fancy when you were browsing. My Liege of Dark Haven done 9/1/12

9. National Hispanic Heritage Month: Read a Hispanic or a book by one or a book with Hispanic character. A Table for Three --main character Riley Ramirez is Mexican. done 9/3/12

10. Reader's Choice: Read any book of your choice. Kissin' Tell done 9/1/12

message 5: by Bookchaser (last edited Sep 04, 2012 12:39AM) (new)

Bookchaser | 1563 comments 2012 September Monthly Reading Challenge

0/8 Completed

01. 'S' is for September: Read a book that starts with 'S' or a book whose author's first or last name starts with 'S'.
Slightly Wicked by Mary Balogh
OR
Catching Fireflies by Sherryl Woods
02. Happy Birthday!: Read a book from a September birthday celebrant's GR bookshelf whose name/nickname starts with the same letter as yours.
Happy Birthday Bianca! (Sept 29)
Tangle of Need by Nalini Singh
03. Geography: Read a book whose author, character or setting is from Austria. Austria is dominated by the Alps; it has also produced a number of scientists. Read a book set in the mountains or a book with science theme (such as main characters being scientists etc).

04. National Beheading Day: Read a book whose cover has its models' head cut off.
Undeniably Yours by Shannon Stacey
OR
Loving Mercy by Teresa Bodwell
05. Neither Rain Nor Snow Day: Read a book where one of the characters is a mail guy or a book which has a written form of communication (letters, email, SMS etc).
My Dearest Enemy by Connie Brockway
06. Be Kind to Editors and Writers Month: Read a book where a character is in the writing field (author, writer, journalist, publisher, editor, etc).
Tangled Up In You by Rachel Gibson
07. Read a Book Day: Read a book that you have been meaning to read or a book that has been neglected in a series or a challenge or a random book that caught your fancy when you were browsing.
Burning Lamp by Amanda Quick
08. 9/11: Read a book set in the aftermath of a terrorist attack or books where the main characters are affected by any terrorist attack (Ex: 9/11 attacks) or a post-apocalyptic book.
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
OR
Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer
OR
Divergent by Veronica Roth
09. National Hispanic Heritage Month: Read a Hispanic or a book by one or a book with Hispanic character.

10. Reader's Choice: Read any book of your choice.
Where Azaleas Bloom by Sherryl Woods
OR
An O'Brien Family Christmas by Sherryl Woods

XXXSlightly Wicked (Bedwyn Saga, #2) by Mary BaloghXXXCatching Fireflies (The Sweet Magnolias, #9) by Sherryl WoodsXXXTangle of Need (Psy-Changeling, #11) by Nalini SinghXXXUndeniably Yours (Kowalski Family, #2) by Shannon StaceyXXXLoving Mercy by Teresa BodwellXXXMy Dearest Enemy by Connie BrockwayXXXTangled Up In You (Truly, Idaho, #2) by Rachel GibsonXXXBurning Lamp (Dreamlight Trilogy, #2; Arcane Society, #8) by Amanda QuickXXXThe Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne CollinsXXXLife As We Knew It (Last Survivors, #1) by Susan Beth PfefferXXXDivergent (Divergent, #1) by Veronica RothXXXWhere Azaleas Bloom (The Sweet Magnolias, #10) by Sherryl WoodsXXXAn O'Brien Family Christmas (Chesapeake Shores, #8) by Sherryl WoodsXXX

message 6: by ~Leslie~ (last edited Aug 27, 2012 04:47PM) (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) | 1934 comments I'm in! I've been so impatient for this to be posted!!

Duration: 9/1/12 - 9/30/12

0/8

1. 'S' is for September: Bonds of Justice(Nalini Singh)

2. Happy Birthday, Lisa Kay!: Graceling

3. Geography: Shadow Game(Science theme)

4. National Beheading Day:Sparks Fly

7. Read a Book Day: Born of Ice

8. 9/11:The Legend of Michael(alien attack)

9. National Hispanic Heritage Month:Stolen Fury

10. Reader's Choice:To Scotland, With Love(because I needed a Highlander after all that PNR!)

Bonds of Justice (Psy-Changeling, #8) by Nalini Singh Graceling (Graceling Realm, #1) by Kristin Cashore Shadow Game (GhostWalkers, #1) by Christine Feehan Sparks Fly (Light Dragons, #3) by Katie MacAlister Born of Ice (The League, #3) by Sherrilyn Kenyon The Legend of Michael (Zodius, #1) by Lisa Renee Jones Stolen Fury (Stolen Trilogy, #1) by Elisabeth Naughton To Scotland, With Love (MacLean Curse, #2) by Karen Hawkins

message 7: by Katie (new)

Katie | 1948 comments 0/10 read

1. 'S' is for September - Starting Over
2. Happy Birthday, Kimmyh! - Belong To The Night
3. Geography - Sex, Lies and Edelweiss
4. National Beheading Day - Wild Instinct
5. Neither Rain Nor Snow Day - Almost Like Being in Love
6. Be Kind to Editors and Writers Month - A Summit City Christmas
7. Read a Book Day - Armed & Dangerous
8. 9/11 - 18% Gray
9. National Hispanic Heritage Month - Third Grave Dead Ahead
10. Reader's Choice - Unacceptable Risk

Starting Over by Annmarie McKenna Belong To The Night (The Long Island Coven #2) by Cynthia Eden Sex, Lies and Edelweiss by J.L. Merrow Wild Instinct (Wild, #4-6) by Sarah McCarty Almost Like Being in Love by Steve Kluger A Summit City Christmas (Sno Ho, #2.5) by Ethan Day Armed & Dangerous (Cut & Run, #5) by Abigail Roux 18% Gray (Task Force Iota, #1) by Anne Tenino Third Grave Dead Ahead (Charley Davidson #3) by Darynda Jones Unacceptable Risk by Kaje Harper

message 8: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  | 570 comments I'm in and as per usual I'll post as I go.

message 9: by Penney (new)

Penney (pschoener) | 3553 comments Yay!

message 10: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 8666 comments I'm in for 10, I'll post as I go!

message 11: by Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (last edited Sep 02, 2012 09:14PM) (new)

Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (Shuga) | 881 comments 1~'S' is for September The Spellman Files, lisa lutz
2~Happy Birthday Sierra!!
Fallen, lauren kate
3~Geography, Austria Mozart's Last Aria, matt rees
4~National Beheading Day Nauti Nights, lora leigh
5~Neither Rain Nor Snow Message from Nam, danielle steel
6~Be Kind to Editors & Writers Month A Yuletide Murder, jessica fletcher
7~Read A Book Day Bite Club, rachel caine FINISHED 09.02
8~9/11 Gunmetal Magic, ilona andrews
9~National Hispanic Heritage Month Midnight Promises, sherryl woods
10~Reader's Choice Moonlight Cove, sherryl woods

message 12: by Pam (new)

Pam (TXPam) | 136 comments I'm IN...will figure out books and post later.

message 13: by Angie (new)

Angie | 652 comments I'm going for 8 again:

1. 'S' is for September: His Darkest Embrace - Juliana Stone
2. Happy Birthday Agofroggy!: Tangle of Need - Nalini Singh
4. National Beheading Day: Night Is Darkest - Jayne Rylon
6. Be Kind to Editors and Writers Month: Hard Evidence - Pamela Clare
7. Read a Book Day: La Vida Vampire - Nancy Haddock
8. 9/11: Show No Mercy - Cindy Gerard
9. National Hispanic Heritage Month: Skin Game - Ava Gray
10. Reader's Choice: Thirteen - Kelley Armstrong
His Darkest Embrace (Jaguar Warriors, #2) by Juliana Stone Tangle of Need (Psy-Changeling, #11) by Nalini Singh Night is Darkest (Men in Blue, #1) by Jayne Rylon Hard Evidence (I-Team, #2) by Pamela Clare La Vida Vampire (Oldest City Vampire, #1) by Nancy Haddock Show No Mercy (Black Ops, #1) by Cindy Gerard Skin Game (Skin, #1) by Ava Gray 13 (Women of the Otherworld, #13) by Kelley Armstrong

message 14: by Barbara ★ (last edited Sep 03, 2012 07:48AM) (new)

Barbara ★ | 3014 comments I"m in though I haven't put my list together for September yet so not sure how many but at least 6.

READ: 0/7

1. 'S' is for September - The Snow Child - Eowyn Ivey
2. Happy Birthday:Brigit! - Ender's Game - Orson Scott Card
4. National Beheading Day - Wild Highland Magic - Kendra Leigh Castle
7. Read a Book Day - Photographs & Phantoms
8. 9/11 - The Gunslinger - Stephen King
9. National Hispanic Heritage Month - Third Grave Dead Ahead - Darynda Jones
10. Reader's Choice - Confessions of a Demon - Laurie Wright

The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey Ender's Game (Ender's Saga, #1) by Orson Scott Card Wild Highland Magic (The MacInnes Werewolves Trilogy, #3) by Kendra Leigh Castle Photographs & Phantoms (Gaslight Chronicles, #2) by Cindy Spencer Pape The Gunslinger (The Dark Tower, #1) by Stephen King Third Grave Dead Ahead (Charley Davidson #3) by Darynda Jones Confessions of a Demon (Allay, #1) by Laurie Susan Wright

message 15: by Breann (last edited Sep 04, 2012 09:39PM) (new)

Breann | 2362 comments I'm going for 5 for now...

0/5

1. 'S' is for September: Sins of the Night

2. Happy Birthday!: Conspiracy in Death

6. Be Kind to Editors and Writers Month: The Hell You Say

7. Read a Book Day: Seduction Of A Highland Lass

10. Reader's Choice: Touch the Dark

Sins of the Night (Dark-Hunter, #8) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Conspiracy in Death (In Death, #8) by J.D. Robb The Hell You Say (Adrien English Mystery, #3) by Josh Lanyon Seduction Of A Highland Lass (McCabe Trilogy #2) by Maya Banks Touch the Dark (Cassandra Palmer, #1) by Karen Chance

message 16: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 4063 comments I'm in for all 10!

Anna's Herding Cats (herdingcats-burningsoup) I'm going to try for all 10 but oh my goodness some of those are gonna be hard!

message 18: by Gisbelle (last edited Aug 31, 2012 05:22AM) (new)

Gisbelle Duration: 1 to 30 September, 2012
Completed: 0/5

1. 'S' is for September: Sweet Evil
2. Happy Birthday: SKIP
3. Geography: SKIP
4. National Beheading Day: Touch
5. Neither Rain Nor Snow Day: SKIP
6. Be Kind to Editors and Writers Month: SKIP
7. Read a Book Day (1st on TBR): Amy and Roger's Epic Detour
8. 9/11: SKIP
9. National Hispanic Heritage Month: Mystery Man
10. Reader's Choice: Smart Girls Get What They Want
Sweet Evil (The Sweet Trilogy, #1) by Wendy Higgins Touch by Francine Prose Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson Mystery Man (Dream Man, #1) by Kristen Ashley Smart Girls Get What They Want by Sarah Strohmeyer

message 19: by Megan (last edited Aug 27, 2012 08:05PM) (new)

Megan (Celtic_Girl) | 118 comments I'm in for eight this month.

2012 September Monthly Reading Challenge
Duration: September 1, 2012 - September 30, 2012
Completed: 0/8

'S' is for September: With Every Letter by Sarah Sundin

Happy Birthday, Megan!: Waterfall by Lisa Tawn Bergren, Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier, Desires of the Dead by Kimberly Derting or The Princess Bride by William Goldman

Geography: Read a book whose author, character or setting is from Austria. Austria is dominated by the Alps; it has also produced a number of scientists. Read a book set in the mountains or a book with science theme (such as main characters being scientists etc)

National Beheading Day: Read a book whose cover has its models' head cut off.

Neither Rain Nor Snow Day: Read a book where one of the characters is a mail guy or a book which has a written form of communication (letters, email, SMS etc)

Be Kind to Editors and Writers Month: Read a book where a character is in the writing field (author, writer, journalist, publisher, editor, etc)

Read a Book Day: Read a book that you have been meaning to read or a book that has been neglected in a series or a challenge or a random book that caught your fancy when you were browsing.

Reader's Choice: Read any book of your choice.

message 20: by Shannon (last edited Sep 29, 2012 10:46AM) (new)

Shannon (shylersmom) | 105 comments I am going to try for all 10

1. S is for September: Snowbound Cinderella by Ruth Langan FINISHED 7/17/2012
2. Happy Birthday Sara!: Submission by Lora Leigh FINISHED 9/16/2012
3. Geography: Sweet Mountain Magic by F. Rosanne Bittner
4. National Beheading Day: Baby, I'm Yours by Susan Anderson
5. Neither Rain nor Snow Day: His E-Mail Order Wife (Dynasties: The Connellys) by Kristi Gold FINISHED 9/23/12
6. Be Kind to Editors and Writers Month: Society-Page Seduction (Silhouette Desire, #1639) by Maureen Child FINISHED 9/24/12
7. Read a Book Day: Guardian of Justice (In the Line of Fire, Book 1) by Carol Steward FINISHED 9/28/12
8. 9/11: One Tuesday Morning by Karen Kingsbury FINISHED 9/22/12
9. National Hispanic Heritage Month: Her Best Christmas Ever by Judy Duarte FINISHED 9/29/12
10. Readers Choice: Sex Party by Natalie Acres FINISHED 9/1/12

message 21: by Jodi (new)

Jodi (jojolyn) | 215 comments I am going to give it a go, this will be my first time joining this challenge. I am compiling my list now:)

message 22: by Susan (new)

Susan (Scoutmomskf) | 1319 comments I'm in and will post as I go.

message 23: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (Iftcan) I'm in.

message 24: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 13552 comments Fran wrote: "Great categories Vi!! I especially love National Beheading Day, LOL!

I am in, list to follow :)"

Me too - gotta find a book that fits THAT category :)

message 25: by Julie (new)

Julie (juliehinz) I'm going to give this a try! I'm a newbie to the community, but I've been eagerly awaiting a fresh month to start some challenges...

Read 0/5:

1. 'S' is for September: A Rogue by Any Other Name by "S"arah MacLean

2. Happy Birthday, JDPhoenix!: It Happened One Night by Stephanie Laurens, etc.

3. Geography: The Reluctant Heiress by Eva Ibbotson (the author was born in Austria)

4. National Beheading Day: Natural Born Charmer by Susan Elizabeth Phillips

5. Neither Rain Nor Snow Day: SKIP

6. Be Kind to Editors and Writers Month: SKIP

7. Read a Book Day: The Lucky Dog Matchmaking Service by Beth Kendrick (it caught my eye in the bookstore the other day)

8. 9/11: SKIP

9. National Hispanic Heritage Month: SKIP

10. Reader's Choice: SKIP

A Rogue by Any Other Name (The Rules of Scoundrels, #1) by Sarah MacLean It Happened One Night by Stephanie Laurens The Reluctant Heiress by Eva Ibbotson Natural Born Charmer (Chicago Stars, #7) by Susan Elizabeth Phillips The Lucky Dog Matchmaking Service by Beth Kendrick

message 26: by Irina (last edited Aug 30, 2012 12:08AM) (new)

Irina (reetu_416) | 460 comments Last month I slacked off hopefully I'll be able to read them all this month :)

Read -- 0 out of 10

1. 'S' is for September: Undeniably Yours by Shannon Stacey
2. Happy Birthday Iris!: Heart in Darkness By Laura Kaye
3. Geography: Slade by Laurann Dohner
4. National Beheading Day: Heiress in Love By Christina Brooke
5. Neither Rain nor Snow Day: Attachments by Rainbow Rowell
6. Be Kind to Editors and Writers Month: Sex Lies and Online Dating By Rachel Gibson
7. Read a Book Day: My Life Next Door By Huntley Fitzpatrick
8. 9/11: Enclave by Ann Aguirre
9. National Hispanic Heritage Month: Forever Mine By Elizabeth Reyes
10. Reader's Choice: TBD

Undeniably Yours (Kowalski Family, #2) by Shannon Stacey Hearts in Darkness by Laura Kaye Slade (New Species, #2) by Laurann Dohner Heiress in Love (Ministry of Marriage, #1) by Christina Brooke Attachments by Rainbow Rowell Sex, Lies, and Online Dating (Writer Friends, #1) by Rachel Gibson My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick Enclave (Razorland, #1) by Ann Aguirre Forever Mine (The Moreno Brothers, #1) by Elizabeth Reyes

message 27: by Laurie (new)

Laurie Martin | 304 comments I'm in, will post later.

message 28: by Nikita (last edited Sep 28, 2012 10:13PM) (new)

Nikita | 500 comments I'm in.

Duration: September 1, 2012 - September 30, 2012

0/3

1. 'S' is for September: Instant Temptation by Jill Shalvis

3. Geography: Tangle of Need by Nalini Singh

10. Reader's Choice: Start Me Up by Victoria Dahl

Instant Temptation (Wilder, #3) by Jill Shalvis Tangle of Need (Psy-Changeling, #11) by Nalini Singh Start Me Up (Tumble Creek, #2) by Victoria Dahl

message 29: by Angie (Mind Malfunction) (last edited Sep 20, 2012 02:22PM) (new)

Angie (Mind Malfunction) (angieerickson) | 439 comments Romance Readers Monthly Reading Challenge
September 1-30, 2012 DONE!

'S' is for September: Some Girls Bite, Chloe Neill SEP 14
Happy Birthday Mandy Beyers!: Holy Smokes, Katie MacAlister SEP 12
Geography (Mountains of Hungary): Fire Me Up, Katie MacAlister SEP 4
National Beheading Day (Headless Cover): Stolen, Kelley Armstrong SEP 20
Neither Rain Nor Snow Day (Courier): You Slay Me, Katie MacAlister SEP 2
Be Kind to Editors and Writers (Journalist): Bitten, Kelley Armstrong SEP 19
Read a Book Day (Neglected Book): Underworld, Meg Cabot SEP 1
9/11 (Post-apocalyptic): Hollowmen, Amanda Hocking SEP 6
National Hispanic Heritage (Hispanic): A Little Spanish Cookbook, Carole Fahy SEP 17
Reader's Choice (1): Light My Fire, Katie MacAlister SEP 8
Reader’s Choice (2): A Little Mexican Cookbook, Carolyn Dehnel SEP 10
Reader’s Choice (3): A Little Irish Cook Book, John Murphy SEP 11
Reader’s Choice (4): A Little Italian Cook Book, Anna Del Conte SEP 13
Reader's Choice (5): Masterchef at Home, Emma Callery SEP 15
Reader’s Choice (6): Cake Pops, Angie Dudley (Bakerella) SEP 16

Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires, #1) by Chloe Neill Holy Smokes (Aisling Grey Guardian, #4) by Katie MacAlister Fire Me Up by Katie MacAlister Stolen (Women of the Otherworld, #2) by Kelley Armstrong You Slay Me by Katie MacAlister Bitten (Women of the Otherworld, #1) by Kelley Armstrong Underworld (Abandon Trilogy #2) by Meg Cabot Hollowmen (The Hollows, #2) by Amanda Hocking A Little Spanish Cookbook by Carole Fahy Light My Fire by Katie MacAlister Little Mexican Cookbook 91 by Carolyn Dehnel Little Irish Cookbook 86 Ed by John Murphy A Little Italian Cook Book (International Little Cookbooks) by Anna Del Conte Masterchef at Home Be a Winner in Your Own Kitchen with Recipes and Tips from the Television Series by Emma Callery Cake Pops Tips, Tricks, and Recipes for More Than 40 Irresistible Mini Treats by Bakerella

message 30: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (MsThestral) September 2012
Complete: 0/5

1. September: Play of Passion by Nalini Singh
2. Happy Birthday Agofroggy: Pleasure of a Dark Prince by Kresley Cole
3. National Beheading Day: Hidden Away by Maya Banks
4. Read a Book Day:
5. Reader's Choice:

message 31: by Jade aka MrsTosh (new)

Jade aka MrsTosh (MrsTosh) Im in will list my books later :)

message 32: by Tonya (last edited Sep 23, 2012 08:27AM) (new)

Tonya (tonyab2000) I'm in for 5 or maybe 8!! Great categories!! :)
September 1, 2012-September 30, 2012
8/8

1. 'S' is for September: Read a book that starts with 'S' or a book whose author's first or last name starts with 'S'.Forever and a Day by Jill Shalvis 9/2

2. Happy Birthday!: Read a book from a September birthday celebrant's GR bookshelf whose name/nickname starts with the same letter as yours. If no one has the same letter, choose someone with the closest letter to yours alphabetically. September Birthday List. Thanks Toni!! Watermelon by Marian Keyes 9/13

3. Geography: Read a book whose author, character or setting is from Austria. Austria is dominated by the Alps; it has also produced a number of scientists. Read a book set in the mountains or a book with science theme (such as main characters being scientists etc) ]Copper Beach by Jayne Ann Krentz 9/14

4. National Beheading Day: Read a book whose cover has its models' head cut off.Heiress Without a Cause by Sara Ramsey9/22

5. Neither Rain Nor Snow Day: Read a book where one of the characters is a mail guy or a book which has a written form of communication (letters, email, SMS etc)I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella 9/11

6. Be Kind to Editors and Writers Month: Read a book where a character is in the writing field (author, writer, journalist, publisher, editor, etc)On Dublin Street by Samantha Young915

7. Read a Book Day: Read a book that you have been meaning to read or a book that has been neglected in a series or a challenge or a random book that caught your fancy when you were browsing.]After Midnight by Sarah Grimm 9/8

10. Reader's Choice: Read any book of your choice.]Odd Apocalypse by Dean Koontz 9/7

Forever and a Day (Lucky Harbor, #6) by Jill Shalvis Odd Apocalypse (Odd Thomas, #5) by Dean Koontz After Midnight (Midnight, #1) by Sarah Grimm Watermelon by Marian Keyes Copper Beach (Dark Legacy, #1) by Jayne Ann Krentz On Dublin Street by Samantha Young I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella Heiress Without a Cause (Muses of Mayfair, #1) by Sara Ramsey

message 33: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 1239 comments Great categories! Couldn't resist making a list...we'll see how many I can finish :)

Sept Monthly Challenge
Completed 0/10

1. 'S' is for September:Stiefvater, Maggie/Lament: The Faerie Queen's Deception
2. Happy Birthday Larissa!:First Drop of Crimson
3. Geography: AustriaThe Musician's Daughter
4. National Beheading Day:The Dark One
5. Neither Rain Nor Snow Day:Daddy Long Legs
6. Be Kind to Editors and Writers Month:Frozen Heat
7. Read a Book Day:Forever
8. 9/11:Endgame
9. National Hispanic Heritage Month:Cryer's Cross
10. Reader's Choice:Phantasm

djdavis~*Sivad*Sex Pocket (Sivad) | 2 comments I'm absolutely in!!!! This will be my first September challenge but I believe I'm up for it and will start compiling a list now!

message 35: by Fran, Moderator (last edited Sep 03, 2012 02:46PM) (new)

Fran | 9116 comments September Monthly Challenge

0/10

1. 'S' is for September- Silver Shark
2. Happy Birthday Franjeesa! - Beauty Touched the Beast
3. Geography- physicist-Josie and Jack
4. National Beheading Day-Talk to Me
5. Neither Rain Nor Snow Day-journal entries-Book of a Thousand Days or Where'd You Go, Bernadette-epistolary
6. Be Kind to Editors and Writers Month-bookstore owner- Rock Chick
7. Read a Book Day- saw a random tweet from Meg Cabot saying this is her book club pick for Sept-52 Reasons to Hate My Father
8. 9/11-post 9/11- Hot Head
9. National Hispanic Heritage Month- Jealous And Freakn'
10. Reader's Choice - I Hunt Killers

I Hunt Killers (Jasper Dent, #1) by Barry Lyga Jealous And Freakn' (Freakn' Shifters, #2) by Eve Langlais Hot Head (Head, #1) by Damon Suede 52 Reasons to Hate My Father by Jessica Brody Where'd You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple Book of a Thousand Days by Shannon Hale Talk to Me by Cassandra Carr Josie and Jack by Kelly Braffet Beauty Touched the Beast by Skye Warren Silver Shark (Kinsmen #2) by Ilona Andrews Rock Chick (Rock Chick, #1) by Kristen Ashley

message 36: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 9116 comments DeLeetra wrote: "I am in this is my first Challenge and it sounds like fun I will post the list later but I need some help with #3 and #9 any suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

1. 'S' is for September: Read a book t..."

Hi DeLeetra!

If you need some recs please stop by the Sept. Monthly suggestions/questions thread and post your questions there. There are some great links there already to help out.

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...

message 37: by Kane (new)

Kane | 1 comments I'm going to try, have no idea how many I will complete though...

message 38: by KarenF (new)

KarenF (CleoCleveland) | 1099 comments I'm in for 5 to start. May up it to 8. Having a little challenge burnout.

0/5 Read

S for September: Something Secret This Way Comes by Sierra Dean
Happy B-Day Kate! Wanted: Undead or Alive by Kerrelyn Sparks
Beheading Day: Animal Attraction by Jill Shalvis
Read A Book Day: Slightly Wicked by Mary Balogh
My Choice: TBD

Something Secret This Way Comes (Secret McQueen #1) by Sierra Dean Wanted Undead or Alive (Love at Stake, #12) by Kerrelyn Sparks Animal Attraction (Animal Magnetism, #2) by Jill Shalvis Slightly Wicked (Bedwyn Saga, #2) by Mary Balogh

message 39: by Wan (last edited Aug 30, 2012 06:36AM) (new)

Wan  (WanWaddell) | 2081 comments I'm in for 3 may be 5. I'll post soon.

RRRC:Monthly September 2012
Complete: 0/3

1."S" for Sept: Wicked Nights by Gena Showalter
4. National Beheading Day: its models' head cut off The Perfect Play by Jaci Burton

Wicked Nights (Angels of the Dark, #1) by Gena Showalter The Perfect Play (Play by Play, #1) by Jaci Burton

message 40: by Jodi (last edited Sep 21, 2012 05:11AM) (new)

Jodi (jojolyn) | 215 comments September 2012 Challenge

6/6 Books Read

1. 'S' is for September: Sweet Spot by Kate Angell Done 9/19/12
2. Happy Birthday Jennifer!: Forever and a Day by Jill Shalvis Done 9/6/12
4. National Beheading Day: That Thing Called Love by Susan Anderson, Done 9/16/12
6. Be Kind to Editors and Writers Month: Exclusively Yours by Shannon Stacey Done 9/20/12
7. Read a Book Day: Can't Hurry Love by Molly O'Keefe Done-9/15/12
10. Reader's Choice: Catching Fireflies by Sherryl Woods Done-9/2/12

message 41: by Dragana (new)

Dragana (bookwormdreams) | 902 comments I'm in. I will post as I go... :)

message 42: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (KatNHat) | 280 comments I am in for 5. I will post as I go.

message 43: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 3932 comments RRRC 2012 September Monthly Reading Challenge

0/5 Completed

1. 'S' is for September: Nalini Singh - Play of Passion
2. Happy Birthday Sarajayne!: Midnight Riot/Rivers of London
3. National Beheading Day: Stygian's Honor
4. National Hispanic Heritage Month: Jealous And Freakn'
5. Reader's Choice: Valiant

Play of Passion (Psy-Changeling, #9) by Nalini Singh Rivers of London (Peter Grant, #1) by Ben Aaronovitch Stygian's Honor (Breeds, #27) by Lora Leigh Jealous And Freakn' (Freakn' Shifters, #2) by Eve Langlais Valiant (New Species, #3) by Laurann Dohner

message 44: by Anne (last edited Sep 18, 2012 03:24AM) (new)

Anne Murugayah | 29 comments I'm in. This is my first time joining the challenge so gonna try 3 books first.

1/3 Completed

1. 'S' is for September:Isobel's Wedding
2. Happy Birthday Annie!: The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie
3.Reader's Choice: Body Check

message 45: by Penney (last edited Aug 30, 2012 12:21PM) (new)

Penney (pschoener) | 3553 comments My tentative list...

September Monthly Challenge ~ 2012
Duration ~ September 1 ~ September 30
0/10 Read

1. "S" is for...: Nalini Singh, Archangel's Storm
2. Happy Birthday Rossy!: Sticks & Stones by Abigail Roux
3. Like Austria: Yellowstone Heart Song by Peggy L. Henderson
4. Off With Their Heads!:More than Meets the Ink by Elle Aycart
5. Neither Rain Nor Snow..: The Force of Wind by Elizabeth Hunter
6. Love an Editor/Writer: A Fall of Water by Elizabeth Hunter
7. Read a Book Day: Noble House by James Clavell
8. Like The End of The World: Gunmetal Magic by Ilona Andrews
9. Ay Papi!: Mystery Man by Kristen Ashley
10. Gotta Have My Eve & Roarke Fix: Delusion in Death by J.D. Robb

Archangel's Storm (Guild Hunter, #5) by Nalini Singh Sticks & Stones (Cut & Run, #2) by Abigail Roux Yellowstone Heart Song (Yellowstone Romance, #1) by Peggy L. Henderson More than Meets the Ink (Bowen, #1) by Elle Aycart The Force of Wind (Elemental Mysteries #3) by Elizabeth Hunter A Fall of Water (Elemental Mysteries, #4) by Elizabeth Hunter Noble House by James Clavell Gunmetal Magic (Kate Daniels World, #1) by Ilona Andrews Mystery Man (Dream Man, #1) by Kristen Ashley Delusion in Death (In Death, #35) by J.D. Robb

message 46: by Erin (new)

Erin (Erin-B) | 790 comments I'm in. As August was such a busy month and September looks to be equally so, I think I will aim for three this time.

Read: 0/3

1. S for September: Archangel's Storm by Nalini Singh
4. National Beheading Day: Obsidian by Laurann Dohner
7. Read a Book Day: Celebrity in Death by J.D. Robb

Archangel's Storm (Guild Hunter, #5) by Nalini Singh Obsidian (New Species, #8) by Laurann Dohner Celebrity in Death (In Death, #34) by J.D. Robb

message 47: by ~Melissa~ (new)

~Melissa~ | 1582 comments I'm in for at least 3 ~ will post as I go

message 48: by Dawn (last edited Oct 01, 2012 02:34PM) (new)

Dawn (dawn_E) | 157 comments RRRC Monthly Challenge
7/8 - didnt quite get them all :(

✓1. 'S' is for September: Spider's Revenge 9.1

✓2. Happy Birthday Dragana! The Girl in the Steel Corset 9.21

✓3. Geography: Set in the mountains Arcadia Awakens 9.9

4. National Beheading Day: The Dark Highlander by KMM

✓6. Be Kind to Editors and Writers Month: Black Wings 9.11

✓7. Read a Book Day: No Humans Involved by Kelley Armstrong 9.7

✓8. 9/11: Shatter Me 9.16

✓10. Reader's Choice: Hounding the Pavement

Challenge Duration: September 1 – September 30, 2012

You can choose 3 , 5 , 8 or all 10 depending on your reading speed, books availability and/or time commitment.

message 49: by Hina (new)

Hina | 2579 comments I'm in. Will post list soon!

message 50: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 13552 comments My plan:

Completed: 0/5

1. 'S' is for September: Archangel's Blade
2. Happy Birthday jdphoenix!: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
3. Austria: skip
4. National Beheading Day: Trusted Bond
5. Neither Rain Nor Snow Day: skip
6. Be Kind to Editors and Writers Month: skip
7. Read a Book Day: Inland Empire
8. 9/11: skip
9. National Hispanic Heritage Month: skip
10. Reader's Choice: Caregiver

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Starting Over (other topics)
Belong To The Night (other topics)
Sex, Lies and Edelweiss (other topics)
Wild Instinct (other topics)
Almost Like Being in Love (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Maggie Stiefvater (other topics)
Nalini Singh (other topics)
Abigail Roux (other topics)
Peggy L. Henderson (other topics)
Elle Aycart (other topics)
More...