Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

RRR Discussions & Top-Lists > Looking for recommendations for novels about a widower

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christelle (new)

Christelle (angel85qcca) Hi!
I am wondering if there is a book out there (I'm sure there is) about a widower with small children who falls in love again. I would love it if he would fall in love with someone from his wife's family, but any widower story will do.
Thanks!

message 2: by Becky (last edited Sep 21, 2012 10:29PM) (new)

Becky (fibrobabe) | 1404 comments Butterfly Tattoo is about a widower with a child who falls in love again. Full disclosure: the widower is bisexual. The relationship that develops in the book is with a woman, but the partner who died was a man. I don't remember there being any explicit flashbacks or anything, but it's been a while since I read it.

Not Just the Nanny is a category romance about a widower with two kids who falls for the nanny. I don't read category romances very often, but I enjoyed this one.

ETA: Oh, I just remembered this one. If you read m/m, Faith & Fidelity is about a widower and cop with three kids who falls in love with a former cop/drinking buddy. It's the first book of a trilogy and quite emotional.

And now I've pretty well spanned the options for widowerhood!

message 3: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 20380 comments Do some of the Robyn Carr's Virgin River books contain widowers with kids??

message 4: by Skandia (last edited Sep 21, 2012 11:38PM) (new)

Skandia (sfgirl) | 962 comments Yep, Jane, Second Chance Pass (Virgin River, #5) by Robyn Carr is one with the widow with a small child.

message 5: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 20380 comments Thought I'd read that precis storyline somewhere... even thought I haven't read any of her books :) Thanks Skandia!

message 6: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 4477 comments Here's one...
Night in Eden by Candice Proctor

message 7: by Christelle (new)

Christelle (angel85qcca) This is awesome so far, I haven't read any of those! And yes I do read M/M! Keep 'em coming!