2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2012 > TBR Twins, October

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kara (last edited Sep 30, 2012 06:13PM) (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3977 comments Post your thoughts on your October book here!

What are you reading? How was it? Did you and your twin agree? Please make sure to mark spoilers.

Pairings:
Trevor & April Lyn reading Bee Season: A Novel
Johanna & Ashley reading The Night Circus
NayNay & Ashley (mod) reading I'll Walk Alone
SilverRaindrops & Fell4 reading Mairelon the Magician
Danielle & Kate reading Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters
Toni & Elizabeth reading The Makioka Sisters
Ebonny & Melanie reading The Book Thief
Kris & Kelsi reading And Then There Were None

message 2: by mussolet (new)

mussolet (sovotchka) | 615 comments Fell4 & I will be reading Mairelon the Magician :). Really looking forward to it!

message 3: by Nathan (new)

Nathan (nthnlwly) April Lyn and I will read Bee Season: A Novel!

message 4: by NayNay (new)

NayNay Ashley and I will be reading I'll Walk Alone

message 5: by Johanna (new)

Johanna | 766 comments Me and Ashley will be reading The Night Circus

message 6: by mussolet (new)

mussolet (sovotchka) | 615 comments Johanna wrote: "Me and Ashley will be reading The Night Circus"

Great pick! Me and my twin have read it this month. Have fun with it!

message 7: by Kelsi (new)

Kelsi  (essentiallybooked) | 750 comments Hi Kris! I haven't been able to message you, but would you be interested in reading any of these?:
And Then There Were None
Dracula
The Dovekeepers
The Kitchen House

message 8: by Kara (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3977 comments Love these choices, all! Our group has such good taste in books. ;)

message 9: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Kempkes (ashleykempkes) SilverRaindrops wrote: "Fell4 & I will be reading Mairelon the Magician :). Really looking forward to it!"

Whoot!

message 10: by Kate (new)

Kate (tulosai) | 14 comments Danielle and I have decided to go for Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters by Ben H. Winters.

I'm excited :)

Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters by Ben H. Winters

message 11: by Kris (new)

Kris (kmell33) Kelsi wrote: "Hi Kris! I haven't been able to message you, but would you be interested in reading any of these?:
And Then There Were None
Dracula
The Dovekeepers
The Kitchen House"

Sorry Kelsi, have been AWOL from the site this week. I have all 4 books so any of the reads will work. My 2 top choices would be The Dovekeepers or And then there were none.

message 12: by Kelsi (new)

Kelsi  (essentiallybooked) | 750 comments Kris wrote: "Kelsi wrote: "Hi Kris! I haven't been able to message you, but would you be interested in reading any of these?:
And Then There Were None
Dracula
The Dovekeepers
The Kitchen House"

Sorry Kelsi, ..."

I've owned And Then There Were None for awhile now and haven't been able to get to it, so it's about time. Sound good?

message 13: by Kris (new)

Kris (kmell33) Sounds great.

message 14: by Kara (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3977 comments Great books, everyone! I'm really looking forward to hearing what you all think of them.

message 15: by Kara (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3977 comments How are you all doing on your books? What do you think of them?

message 16: by NayNay (new)

NayNay I'll Walk Alone by Mary Higgins Clark Well Ashley and I agreed on all aspects of the book. Both being fans of Mary Higgins Clark we also agreed it was not one of her better one's. But I did enjoy the book, giving it 4 stars and Ashley giving it 3.5 stars.

message 17: by mussolet (new)

mussolet (sovotchka) | 615 comments Fell4 and I were both a bit underwhelmed by Mairelon the Magician, as we have thought it would be better. It was rather slow, and there was a lot of talking. Fell4 has already given it two stars; I'm withholding my rating as I have the omnibus edition and still need to read Magician's Ward. I don't think it will go beyond three though.

message 18: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Kempkes (ashleykempkes) While I was rather disappointed with this book, I still love the author and am going to try and read the next book some time. AS SilverRaindrops said, mystery's do not seem this authors forte.