Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) Mockingjay question

Did this book change your prefrences for Literature?
Storm Storm Sep 21, 2012 09:00AM
before i read the trilogy, i was reading books for the younger age, anything with violence or aimed at teens i imeddiatley put down, i was too scared to read them, one day i was browsing online and came across a hunger games calendar, i could tell from that, these books were pretty popular

i found the tirlogy for £7 at my local cheap bookstore, and there they stayed on my shelf collecting dust, until my friend, asked me if i had read them, she said they were great, so i gave them a read. i became obssesed.

after finishing the trilogy, it opened a new window in
Literature for me, i became to read books my age adn above, and i came to love emotional books, without HG, i would of never read, the fault in our stars by john green, or Legend by marie lu

did the hunger games trilogy impact your Literature interests?

A Oct 16, 2012 12:53PM   0 votes
it really did change mine :)

Actually it changed my preference for genre. I now seek out Dystonian(sp)fiction.

A hey,me too :) i now want more and more dystopian fiction
Oct 16, 2012 12:53PM
Stuntin @Rgage, I'm literally thinking about Matched. The reviews don't look that good, but I'm in between books so... maybe.
@Amelia, When I read 1984 &
...more
Nov 22, 2012 09:11PM

Reading the HG trilogy has awaken the long forgotten interest in me - reading! Now I'm hooked to reading once again. And I also came to start appreciating young adult books. Before i was more inclined to choosing non-fiction or the self help kind of thing.

This book changed my reading habits considerably I used to read if I was forced to for school or something but after reading this book for some reason I have fallen in love with books again and can't stop reading. I have also read a lot more fantasy books, which I used to hate!

Nope, it was good but I seek out good books. Dystopian books I recommend are Paradise Lost, A Brave New World, and Fahrenheit 451.

I think you must be a teenager, right? I've kind of had the opposite experience in that I've really (for 10 or so years anyways, since I was a teenager) kind of avoided books with teenagers in them, I've never felt like I would be interested in them. This series has made me think I should give YA books more of a chance.