Who's Your Author? discussion

Archives - '11 - '12 > Folder Explanation 101

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jess (last edited Mar 10, 2010 06:43AM) (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Hi everyone! I realized that as a new member coming into this group, it might be a little confusing to figure out the folder system. So I am providing a brief description of what the folders are:

Announcements - This folder is where you will find any important announcements from the mods, and suggestion threads for BOM and AOM.

General Group Info- The What are you reading thread can be found here and any general discussions relating to the group.

Paranormal Writers - Here you will find various threads about different writers in the paranormal(PNR) genre. There can also be threads for discussion of certain paranormal books.

Urban Fantasy Writers - Threads that talk about different Urban Fantasy (UF) writers. (Many writers can be found in both folders because there is often an overlap between UF and PNR).

Current BOM's - Each month the group selects 2 books to read and discuss. Members can choose to read both books, one book, or neither. There is a thread for a roll call, and there is a spoilers thread for each BOM.

for anyone not familiar - A spoiler is anything that gives away what will happen in a book, or a future book

Author of the Month - This folder discusses different authors (have been nominated and voted on by members) featured each month. There is also an AOM challenge. More details on this can be found in the folder itself.

Holiday Challenge - Lists the holiday related challenges that the group will feature. There is also a thread keeping track of the members who successfully complete a challenge.

New-Release Catch Up - This folder contains threads that allows members to re-read a series in the month leading up to a new release in that series.

New Releases - This folder has discussions on books that have been newly released. Many of these books are from a series, so be careful when reading the threads as they most likely have spoilers.

Off Topic - this folder contains anything that doesn't fit in the other folders. There are the top ten lists, random rants, TV show discussions, movie discussions and games etc...

Self Promotion - This folder has its own set of rules. This is where people can promote their own books, a new group they have, a new book that's coming out, etc... PLEASE DON'T SPAM!! Any actively participating member of the group feel free to promote, but please do not join just to advertise.

Archives - this is a folder where you will find old topics. All of the old threads from Group Reads and Mini group reads are found here as well.

Anyone can create a new thread about anything! But please do not create new folders.

I hope this helps everyone, and didn't confuse anyone. lol. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. Everyone in this group is very nice and I'm sure they will answer your questions if myself or Kelley Anne are not around.

Thanks again! Have fun!! :)

message 2: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (bellamy22) Thank You so much! This has really helped me.

message 3: by Keirsten (new)

Keirsten Arp | 1 comments ok.

message 4: by Jess (last edited Jan 18, 2010 12:45PM) (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Starting in Feb, there will no longer be a Mini Read folder. For more information on why, please look under the announcements, Kelley Anne has posted a message for everyone.

Also, a new feature for BOM and a new feature for AOM have also been added. (details are above under the folder names)

message 5: by Kayla (new)

Kayla This really helped my 13-year-old brain, thanks!

message 6: by Jess (last edited Jun 10, 2010 06:32AM) (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Kayla (Nightwing, Garnet and Sindira, Henna) wrote: "This really helped my 13-year-old brain, thanks!"

If you go to this thread: New Member Welcome there are even more explanations to help! :)

message 7: by Elysse (new)

Elysse (readyforthemorgue) this really helped. thx!

message 8: by Welwyn (new)

Welwyn Wilton Katz | 4 comments Very helpful. Thx.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Thank you makes it much easy to go through :-), great help