Who's Your Author? discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives 2013 > New Member Welcome!

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jess (last edited Mar 09, 2010 08:10PM) (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Welcome to all the new members! This group might seem a bit MUCH at first. There are a lot of folders, and a lot of threads and posts to sift through. So we (the mods) have created this post to help you along when you are first starting out.

First: the two mods of this group are: Jess and Kelley Anne

Second: some helpful links to first visit as a new member, just click on the link and it will take you directly to that thread:

1. Here's a link to a thread that explains the various folders:
Folder Explanation 101

2. Here's a link to our introduction thread. Feel free to introduce yourself to the other group members.
Introduce Yourself

3. And here's a link to one of the group's most popular threads that talks about what you're reading at the moment.
What are you reading? - Part Deux

If you ever have questions, feel free to PM the mods and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

You can also ask other members of the group, they might know more than the mods do!!!

Again, WELCOME to Who's Your Author?

From,
Kelley Anne and Jess :)

message 2: by KETY (new)

KETY | 2 comments I live in U.S.A...Does anyone know were i can get any of Sherrilyn Kenyons books in French? or audio books in french? do you know how the narrator is for the french version?

message 3: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (teelee) | 6 comments Here is a link to the big bookseller in Canada where you can order her books. I don't know what the shipping charge would be to the States.

http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/home/se...

I find on Chapters site it helps if you know the titles more so than the autors name when searching in french.
Good luck!

message 4: by David (new)

David Mackey | 10 comments I am from Alaska, USA and while not steeped in the Paranormal Fantasy Romance end of things, I have been introduced to it rather nicely by my favorite author.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi everyone

message 6: by Georgia (new)

Georgia (TurdSmurf1) | 3 comments Heyy everyone

message 7: by Alisa (new)

Alisa | 973 comments Georgia & Sobie....welcome. So I didn't catch this sooner. We started a new introduce yourself thread for 2013. Really glad to have you guys. Hope you check out our different sections & find something you enjoy.

message 8: by Robin (new)

Robin Morgan (robinleighmorgan) New member here.
Retired NYC employee.
Married.
No children.
My debut novel, a YA Paranormal/Time Travel/First Kiss, entitled “I Kissed a Ghost,” got released on December 20, 2012.
The book is available on Amazon at
http://www.amazon.com/Kissed-Ghost-Ro...
It’s also available on Amazon.co.uk
Amazon.de Amazon.es Amazon.fr and Amazon.it

The book is also currently a group read for another GoodReads group
http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/2...
I’m doing a Q & A there for my book.

I’m also looking to do blog interviews.

message 9: by Ellie (new)

Ellie Heller Another new member here! I'm an author and an avid reader. Looking forward to finding some great new-to-me books here!

message 10: by Wendy (new)

Wendy coling ( trowbridge) (flossynipples) | 1 comments my favourites sherrilyn kenyon but also keri arthur who got me back into books.

message 11: by Alisa (new)

Alisa | 973 comments Welcome Ellie & Wendy. Glad to have you.

message 12: by Jo (new)

Jo (joanne321) Hi my name is Joanne and I work in a bookstore in Christchurch,New Zealand. Favorite authors are Keri Arthur.Kim Harrison.

message 13: by Alisa (new)

Alisa | 973 comments Hi Joanne. I could never work in a bookstore. I would spend my entire paycheck there....lol Glad to have you. I bet you will have all kinds of books we haven't heard of that you can recommend to us.

message 14: by Sandra, Need more time to Read!! (new)

Sandra | 4461 comments Hi Joanne, just across the ditch ;)

I've been to Christchurch, it was a lovely city before the quake. Hope its finally getting back to normal.

And like Alisa, I'd have a lot of trouble in a bookstore, sampling the product as much as buying it!

message 15: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4048 comments But how awesome would it be to have books surround you all day...very cool job Joanne!
Welcome to the group :-)

message 16: by Jo (new)

Jo (joanne321) Sandra wrote: "Hi Joanne, just across the ditch ;)

I've been to Christchurch, it was a lovely city before the quake. Hope its finally getting back to normal.

And like Alisa, I'd have a lot of trouble in a books..."

Christchurch is still beautiful, but in some places it looks like a war zone. It will take many years for it to come back to its former postcard garden image.
T love working in a book store, but because I have an ereader I get most of my books from netgalley and buy the rest on the kobo site. This is such a nice group. :)

message 17: by Kassie (new)

Kassie Hocking | 10 comments Hi, I became addicted to this genre ever since reading my first JR Ward books (Black Dagger Brotherhood are still my fav of all). Other favs include Sherrilyn Kenyon's dark hunters and The League series as well as Karen Marie Moning's Fae series (MacKayla Lane) and Kresley Cole and Larissa Ione. That's just for starters!!

message 18: by Alisa (new)

Alisa | 973 comments Hi Kassie! Glad to have another BDB fan here! Actually I really like all the authors you listed!

message 19: by Kassie (new)

Kassie Hocking | 10 comments Hi! Thanks Alisa. If you can recommend a series that is in any way as great as BDB please let me know! I'm always looking for new series/authors to become addicted to!!

message 20: by Sandra, Need more time to Read!! (new)

Sandra | 4461 comments Kassie have you tried Ilona Andrew's Kate Daniels series?

First one is Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) by Ilona Andrews

message 21: by Kassie (new)

Kassie Hocking | 10 comments No I haven't! Thanks I'll take a look!

message 22: by Jo (new)

Jo (joanne321) Alisa wrote: "Hi Joanne. I could never work in a bookstore. I would spend my entire paycheck there....lol Glad to have you. I bet you will have all kinds of books we haven't heard of that you can recommend ..."

Theirs a couple of new authors that I'm really excited about . YA- The Darkest minds by Alexandra Bracken and Proxy by Alex London are both fantastic- like the hunger games but much better.
Thrillers- Tom wood is a new favorite, his main characters Victor is an assassin who would rival Lee Childs Jack Reacher in terms of adventure and body count. Fantasy- I need new authors for this genre , so would appreciate any recommendations you can pass on. If anyones interested I have a blog jharv321@gmail.comwhere i review, some of my favorite reads. :)

message 23: by Alisa (new)

Alisa | 973 comments Kassie wrote: "Hi! Thanks Alisa. If you can recommend a series that is in any way as great as BDB please let me know! I'm always looking for new series/authors to become addicted to!!"

Here are some I like a lot. I'll put the first book in the series on here. IMO the first two I've listed are must read series. Also the one Sandra mentioned is very good.

The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld, #1) by Gena Showalter Lords of the Underworld
Pleasure Unbound (Demonica, #1) by Larissa Ione Demonica

Kiss of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #1) by Lara Adrian Midnight Breed

Burning Alive (Sentinel Wars, #1) by Shannon K. Butcher Sentinel Wars

Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter, #1) by Nalini Singh The Guild Hunter

Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changeling, #1) by Nalini Singh Psy-changling

A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark, #2) by Kresley Cole Immortals After Dark

message 24: by Alisa (new)

Alisa | 973 comments Joanne wrote: "Alisa wrote: "Hi Joanne. I could never work in a bookstore. I would spend my entire paycheck there....lol Glad to have you. I bet you will have all kinds of books we haven't heard of that you ..."

You can check out the post I just made for Kassie to see some of my favorites. You can also go back to our Meet the Mods sections for ideas on authors. We each listed some of favorties and told about the series.

I too am a big Jack Reacher fan. Have you read any of the Lawson Vampire series by Jon F. Mertz? Lawson is a vampire who is just like Reacher. He's a "fixer" who's job it is to put down rogue vamps to keep the vamp race hidden from humans. He's got the same independent, rule breaker, take no prisoners attitude as Reacher. The first one is The Fixer (Lawson the Fixer #1) by Jon F. Merz

message 25: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea | 2 comments Hi I'm Chelsea. I currently live in England, UK.
My favorite authors are Kelley Armstrong and Ilona Andrews :D

message 26: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4048 comments Welcome Chelsea!

They are both super authors!

message 27: by Turner (new)

Turner (Felony420) | 1 comments Hello all.

message 28: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4048 comments Hey Turner welcome to the WYA group :-)

message 29: by Sandra, Need more time to Read!! (new)

Sandra | 4461 comments Welcome Chelsea & Turner!! Hope you both find some good discussions and new authors around here ;)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.