A Dance with Dragons (A Song of Ice and Fire, #5) A Dance with Dragons discussion

who should ride the three dragons?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 102 (102 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

Jared who do you think should ride the three dragons ! come on danny cant ride them all herself!! do you think she will share?

P.s someone made me think of this question you know you are thanks!

C-Cose Daley I'm going to chime in with Dany, Arya, and Rickon.

Although Bran and Jon are wargs, Bran is tied into all through the great tree, Jon's fate is uncertain and both still have their direwolves. Arya sent hers "away" and Rickon has yet to have much interaction with his.

Although Rickon could be replaced by a, yet to be revealed, descendant of the Targaryen dynasty.

Sansa is unlikely.

Jared Rickon i like this.. and gives into my deep down hope that there will be a stark revenge

Danielle My money is on Tyrion Lannister because I suspect he is a Targaryan, and a Stark on the other. But I'm still not convinced that Daenerys will keep one, she isn't a warg and may lose all the dragons to those that are.

Arezia I really like your suggestion Marina, and I almost agree with you... though I suspect Aegon is the fake dragon, so I guess Daenerys, Tyrion and Jon.

message 6: by Kat (last edited Sep 20, 2012 02:12AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kat Good question, but we are forgetting the main one ... Hodor, we would be fantastic as a dragon rider person, no? Ok lol

Yay! I'm not the only one who thinks Tyrion would be good, that way the riders are from the three main families - the first riders being Dany and Jon,
And Tyrion always wanted to be a rider, and can you imagine him like 'call me imp again I dare you....* torches the person*, it would make him even more cool :D
although yeah rikkon would be a contender purely because he hasn't had a role in the book really and starks needs someone to be able to ride them.

message 7: by Mia (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mia Dany, Irri and Jhiqui

C-Cose Daley Kat wrote: "Good question, but we are forgetting the main one ... Hodor, we would be fantastic as a dragon rider person, no? Ok lol

Yay! I'm not the only one who thinks Tyrion would be good, that way the ride..."

Greetings Kat :)

I'm not sure about Tyrion. By the latest book, his character has almost taken the form of a "Loki" in that he's a trickster with an agenda known only to him. There also hasn't been any indication that he's a warg. It's assumed that as the last known descendant of the Targaryen dynasty that Dany is ... note I said assumed rather than shown in the novels.

Besides going from "pig" playactor to dragon rider would be a bit of a stretch .... lol.

message 9: by Kat (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kat hey C-Cose greetings to you!, yeah i know i just think it would be really great if he got to ride one, no one would mess with him then

yeah thats true, if we look at the warg element then dany can't even ride one ( i don't think she has that ability does she?) but hmmm out of the wargs Jon and Arya would be the best bet, arya's not in the seven kingdoms anyway so she could meet Dany! i can't see bran on a dragon, he seems to nice to try and take over westeros

message 10: by Jeni (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jeni Dany, Arya, Tyrion

Jared It will never be Tyrion did we all forget what his family did to the targaryens?

message 12: by Kat (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kat No more than what the Starks did and other families, when Dany was mentioned I think she only mentioned Starks and baratheons mainly
Because they killed rheagar mainly, yeah jaime killed aegon but he was mad anyway...and Tyrion is better than all those Lannisters together (long live Tyrion haha), such a hard question there are so many characters!

message 13: by C.C. (new) - rated it 4 stars

C.C. Ron Swanson
The Doctor
and Mr. T.

Everyone who doesn't say at least one black person is a racist.

message 14: by Kirby (new) - added it

Kirby I think that euron is going to get ahold of one of the dragons and wreak a lot of havoc with it. I could be completely wrong, though...

message 15: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue Probably one of them is going to be someone we haven't met yet, Dany is pretty much a guarantee and my inner nerd would explode if Arya got to ride the third.

Jared my inner nerd! i liked how you put that!

message 17: by Kat (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kat C.C. wrote: "Ron Swanson
The Doctor
and Mr. T.

Everyone who doesn't say at least one black person is a racist."

That would be so funny if they turned up all of a sudden, but the doctor already has something cool to travel in so it's unfair he gets a dragon :P

Danielle Kirby wrote: "I think that euron is going to get ahold of one of the dragons and wreak a lot of havoc with it. I could be completely wrong, though..."

But you may be right Kirby, or he may just get ahold of Daenerys...she does admit her current squeeze is "beneath her"

Kimber *Spoiler Alert*
Daenerys should definitely be one. She can ride a Dragon as she proves at the end of Book 5. I'd absolutely explode too if Arya took another. I'm torn between Aegon, Jon and Tyrion though. The previous dragon riders of myth were all related though so I'm not sure how G.R.R. is going to resolve the issue. Sigh. So ready for book 6 I could split!

Laura Dany, Aegon, and Jon. Since Jon is really the son of Lyanna and Rhaegar. 3 targaryans, 3 dragons...perfect :) This is what I want to happen!!

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Tyrion, Dany and Jon for me. I'm not still buying the today canon about Aegon a Targaryen. If G.R.R. Martin wrote plainly that Aegon is, there should be a catch somewhere or a twist. It's very un-G.R.R. to simply reveal a seemingly important piece as boringly as he did Aegon.
Dany is given. She is the mother of the three and the stage is pretty much done for her.

Jared i still don't know so many people are thinking tyrion, yes it would be cool but look at targaryan and lannister history..

message 23: by [deleted user] (last edited Sep 22, 2012 09:44PM) (new)

In a way, it's actually about the Targaryen and the Lannister History. Tyrion, although wore his name with pride back then, never really identified with his line. Often he defied his own blood. Hell, he even killed his father. Since the beginning Martin lets Tyrion constantly deviates from his supposed roles. What kind of rebellion than siding with a Targaryen a "black sheep" Lannister could possibly be better?

message 24: by Jeni (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jeni Sansa is too afraid of her own shadow to ever consider getting onto the back of a dragon. She'll mess up her hair or something.

Jon, Dany, and Tyrion. (I originally thought Arya, but Jon has taken that spot over in my mind. Arya has a different path to follow, I believe.)

Arezia If I remember right, Tyrion dreams of dragons too... and there's an interesting theory about his parenthood.
@Marina... never thought about Shireen as practically made of stone, but your suggestion made me think about prophecies. Maybe I need to re-re-read the books. :)

message 26: by Kat (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kat Arezia wrote: "If I remember right, Tyrion dreams of dragons too... and there's an interesting theory about his parenthood.
@Marina... never thought about Shireen as practically made of stone, but your suggestion..."

Yeah I heard that Tyrion theory about his parents!! He's looking more like a contender then if he dreams of dragons. Go Tyrion!!! go get yourself a dragon!!!!

Nicci B Jared wrote: "Rickon i like this.. and gives into my deep down hope that there will be a stark revenge"

Jared, to be honest, that is all I want from these books!

Kanyin Ogunrinde I think Bran is going to learn how to skin shift (or whatever he does) into a dragon... then he can really fly! I can't remember the exact words of the prophecy but I think Aegon and Dany are going to have to marry since he is a real Targaryen. Jon Snow just might be a Targaryen as well since we don't know who is mother really is..

Jared nicci! someone agrees!! that's all i am waiting for now! if this series ends with no stark revenge i will hate it!!!

message 30: by Ryan (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ryan Arya, Tyrion, and Danearys, with Jon being the reincarnation of Azor Ahoi (or however its spelled).

message 31: by Ryan (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ryan And Jon sitting on the Iron throne, because I think it will be revealed he is the son of Lyanna stark and Rheagar tarygarian, making him the true heir. I go back and forth on whether or not He will sit it with Danearys, I have a feeling she will continue with her "breaker of chains" mentality and rule the free cities, or maybe something to do with Valyria? I dunno.

Dawid Malan What about Victarion? He has the Valyrian horn that can control dragons ...

Arezia Marina wrote: "Jared wrote: "i still don't know so many people are thinking tyrion, yes it would be cool but look at targaryan and lannister history.."

I think Tyrion is a contender beacuse he is the Mad King's ..."

Just what I was talking about!

About Victarion, dunno... this thread is making me want TWoW more than ever!

Jared so now two major roles have differnt parents? why do people think the lannister wife was raped? and if that was true tywin would have been the first to go to war. not the last.

Tracy C.C. wrote: "Ron Swanson
The Doctor
and Mr. T.

Everyone who doesn't say at least one black person is a racist."

Ron Swanson would be so pleased that he could ride a flying meat-broiler.

Danielle Jared wrote: "so now two major roles have differnt parents? why do people think the lannister wife was raped? and if that was true tywin would have been the first to go to war. not the last."

It's not a suggestion of rape, it's the suggestion of an affair of some sort.

Jared I think its highly unlikely that its true. People seem to be switching all sorts of parenting around just because of a rumor about snow.. Guess what read the description for tyrion. he's a lannister, not another half breed! Plus if you pay attention, tywins wife isn't with him in kings landing....when he is hand of the king.

message 38: by Kirby (new) - added it

Kirby Dawid wrote: "What about Victarion? He has the Valyrian horn that can control dragons ..."

isn't euron the one that has the horn? or did he give it to victarion? I think that euron will end up controlling at least one dragon...

message 39: by C.C. (new) - rated it 4 stars

C.C. Who cares about the horn that destroys anyone not immune to fire? As far as we know, only Dany could use it and live to tell the tale.

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Besides, Euron gave the dragon horn to Victarion when he sent him to bring Dany back. It all leads to Dany. Victarion having the Horn is not the end but the means for Dany to control her dragons (which we know she still can't).

message 41: by Josh (new) - rated it 4 stars

Josh i believe there is some mention that the person that blows the horn isn't necessarily the person that gains power over the dragons. the power would be transferred to whoever owns the horn.

therefore i think even if danaerys sounded the horn and survived being burnt it would result in her dragons being under the control of victarion/euron.

Charbel I think that you need to have "the dragon's blood" in you to ride a dragon. In that logic we can rule out Arya and Tyrion (I know it's very disappointing). Jon is a possibility (if he turned out to be a Targaryen) as well as Dany and Aegon (hope not though, not a big fan of him).

message 43: by Jeni (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jeni I am also with the camp that thinks Tyrion is the Mad King's offspring. Even Tywin said he would have killed the Imp if he could have proved he wasn't his.

Jon because I also think he is probably Lyanna's and Rhaegar's son.

Dany because she IS the mother of the Dragons.

Ambreen Golandaz Jon,Dany&Aegon. This theory is purely based on assumptions though since we don't really know if Jon will resurrect or whether Aegon is really who he claims to be.

Khaled I guess they would be daenreys, Tyrion and the Bear.

message 46: by Ajewel (last edited Dec 20, 2012 10:00PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ajewel Daenerys: Of course, self explanatory. She will ride Drogon.

Jon Snow: He will be her hephew and husband. They will meet when She FINALLY comes to Westeros as the Others cross The Wall that falls because Melisandra blows the Horn of Joramun (Horn of Winter)and enters the Seven Kingdoms. After the Others are defeated, by Jon & the Watch, Daenerys and her dragons, there will be no need for Jon to he Lord Commander, so Jon can leave The Wall and marry Daenerys. He will ride Rhaegal.

Aegon Targaryen VI: If he is Rhaegar's son or the offspring of one of the Targaryen Bastards', he still has the blood of the dragon in him and that is all Daenerys needs to know to have him ride with her as her nephew and second husband. Now that Viserys is dead, she thinks she is the last Targaryen ,thinking that she can not have children(even thought she either had a miscarriage or stared to menstruate again!!!), she would embrace Aegon as her family. He will ride Viserion.

Eduardo daenerys, cersei y jaime

Amber @Kat - I would love Hodor to ride a dragon, but only if Bran was warging him. Teehee.

@Marina - I never considered Shireen. But that is an awesome and great idea. She does have the blood of the dragon as well. Considering her great grandmother was a Targ. Any Baratheon at this point is fair game. Just always forget about her character. (thus making it seem even more likely IMO)

I agree Aegon is the Mummer's Dragon. I mean, he literally is the Mummer's Dragon. Illyrio and Varys have been keeping him secret - they are originally mummers. Makes perfect sense. Whether that means he's actually a Targ or not...hard to say.

I doubt Tyrion is one. I know people like to theorize he is Targaryen, but I just dont see how that would be possible. Yes, I read the books - I know that supposedly King Aerys was interested in Joanna and that he tooks some liberties during the bedding, but if any of the children were his it'd Cersei and Jaime, not Tyrion. Tyrion is born at Casterly Rock, far from Aerys.

Also Jon Snow will never be the legitimate heir to the throne, he'll still be a bastard even if he is R+L's son. Their were no witnesses of the wedding that we know of, if there was one, and their marriage was never officially recognized, again, if there ever was one. Therefore - Bastard - therefore - Not Legitimate anything.

Also - Dany CAN be burned. GRRM has said that the time she birthed the dragons was a special occasion that had to do with Blood Magic and timing.

Sorry for dream squashing -

I think the three riders will be Dany, Bran (not actually riding, just warging) and Maybe Gendry. That'd make me happy as hell.

message 49: by Andor (last edited Jan 05, 2013 04:51AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Andor Daenerys, Aegon, Jon. The last 3 Targaryens. (If Jon really is Rhaegar's son, which I do believe, because it fits everything perfectly.)

Though that Mummer's Dragon thing makes me pause on Aegon...
And from what we've seen and heard, Aegon would be the perfect ruler to sit the throne. So we can be damn sure he'll die a horrible death soon.

Jeffy who said jon died? he cant die...even by martin standards....and i dont think tyrion will ever be a dragonrider....he is too comfortable being on the ground...my choice dany,aegon and jon.....

« previous 1 3