Red Dress Ink Fans discussion

Challenges > Oct-Dec 2012 Challenge

Comments Showing 1-50 of 309 (309 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

message 1: by Stacy (last edited Sep 19, 2012 08:33AM) (new)

Stacy (stacymarie913) | 5567 comments Mod
YOU MUST POST YOUR TASK LIST!
1. The challenge runs from October 1 – December 31, 2012 and you MUST post your task list! (Don't worry if you don't have all of your books chosen yet, you can put TBD, or something similar, in for a task without a book.)
2. Anyone may join in at any time, and count any books read between October 1 and December 31. All participants must post their book list in this thread.
3. Books do not have to be specifically from Red Dress Ink.
4. You may only complete each task ONCE. Likewise, books may only count for ONE task.
5. To post points: Post the point value and number of the task you completed, as well as the book you read for the task. It also helps (me) to post your total points as well.
6. For multiple-book tasks: Books do not need to be read back-to-back, or in any specific order, but you must have read ALL the books for a task in order to be awarded points for it (no "half points").
7. Audiobooks and e-books are acceptable to use for challenges, as long as they are the complete and unabridged versions.
8. Books started before October 1 may count for any task in the challenge, as long as you are no more than halfway through the book as of October 1.
9. You may change the books on your list at any time however; changing books for tasks already completed is NOT permitted.
10. Re-reads of books are okay, unless the task specifically says otherwise.
11. The first person to complete every task in the challenge is the winner. If no one completes every task in the challenge, then the people with the top 3 scores will be declared the winners.
12. Prizes for the top 3 finishers:
First Place – A $10 Amazon.com or barnesandnoble.com gift certificate
Second Place – Two credits from either BookMooch or Paperbackswap (your choice)
Third Place – A book from my PBS/BM inventory

Thank you to Alicia and Julie for sending me ideas for tasks - they are maked with * :)

message 2: by Stacy (last edited Sep 24, 2012 08:18AM) (new)

5 pts. - covers
5.1 – Home Sweet Home: Read a book with a house/apartment building on the cover
5.2 – Dating: Read a book that has a man and a woman who look like they might be on a date on the cover
5.3 – Pet Love: Read a book with a picture of the type of pet you own on the cover (No pets? Use a pet you’d like to have, or your favorite animal.)
5.4 – Presents! : Read a book with something on the cover that you’d like to receive as a present
5.5 – I Can See Clearly Now: Read a book that has a person on the cover wearing glasses (or just glasses on it, can be sunglasses)
5.6 – Brrrrrr!!!: Read a book that has something on the cover that you’d need for cold weather
5.7 – Fashionable: Read a book that either has a person wearing something you would wear, or a picture of an item of clothing you would wear
5.8 – What Are You?: Google your first name and click on the shopping tab to see what comes up – choose one of those items and read a book that has something similar on the cover, i.e. “Stacy” goes to Stacey Adams men’s shoes – I would read a book with men’s shoes on the cover (doesn’t matter how big or small the image is on the cover as long as it’s there)
5.9 – Imagination Runs Wild: Read a book with something on the cover that isn’t real, i.e. unicorn, fairy, Santa, etc.
*5.10 – Mirror, Mirror On the Wall: Read a book with a mirror on it (if this is too hard to get, it can be something you can see your reflection in, like water)

10 pts. - titles
10.1 – My Name Is: Read a book whose title contains all the letters of your first name (does not have to be in order)
10.2 – My Name Is – Part Two: Read a book whose title starts with the first letter as your first name and ends with the last letter in your first name
10.3 – TenElevenTwelve – Read a book whose title is ten, eleven, or twelve words long
10.4 – How Many Words? – Read a book with the same number of words in the title as there are in your first name, i.e. Stacy = five words (if your name is super long, use a shortened version or your nickname)
*10.5 – Recommended: Using the RDI thread of Good Book Recommendations – read a book that has been recommended and whose title begins with the first letter of your first name (can use the book lists that have been posted too – like the YA lists) – if there aren’t any, use your middle or last name
10.6 – Once Upon a Time: It seems that fairytales are all the rage in Hollywood lately – Read a book with the word “fairytale” in the title
10.7 – NUM83RS – Read a book with a number in the title
*10.8 – All I Want For Christmas: Read a book with something in the title you would like to receive as a gift (ex, book, shoes, purse...)
*10.9 – We Are Family—Read a book with a family relationship in the title
*10.10 – What Goes Up, Must Come Down—Read a book that has the word “up” or “down” in the title or some other direction, like north, south, etc

15 pts. - authors
15.1 – Trying Something New: Read two books, each one by an author that you’ve never read before (has to be two separate authors)
15.2 – Sticking With the Old: Read two books, each one by an author that you have read before (can be the same author for both or two different authors)
15.3 – Family Ties: Read two books – use your mother’s first and last name initials and find an author whose first or last name starts with each, i.e. my mom’s initials are C and B (or F or O), I could read a book with an author whose first or last name starts with C and another book by an author whose first or last name starts with B (or F or O, depending on what last name I use)
15.4 – Family Ties 2.0: Do the same thing with your dad’s initials.

25 pts. – combined (well….except for the last one…..)
25.1 – Halloween: Read three books, one whose cover is mostly a Halloween color, one whose title has something “Halloweeny” in the title, and one whose author’s first or last initial starts with H (for Halloween) or O (for October)
25.2 – Thanksgiving: Read three books, one whose cover is mostly a fall color, one whose title has something “Thanksgivingy” in the title, and one whose author’s first or last initial starts with T (for Thanksgiving) or N (for November)
25.3 – Christmas: Read three books, one whose cover is mostly a Christmas color, one whose title has something “Christmasy” in the title, and one whose author’s first or last initial starts with C (for Christmas) or D (for December)
25.4 – Start a new series – Read the first three books of a new (to you) series.

310 points
40 books

message 3: by Stacy (last edited Dec 13, 2012 01:34PM) (new)

5 pts. - covers
5.1 – Home Sweet Home: The Devil’s Labyrinth – John Saul
5.2 – Dating: Special Relationship – Robyn Sisman
5.3 – Pet Love: Hex Hall – Rachel Hawkins
5.4 – Presents! : Love You to Death – Melissa Senate (little blue box looks like it’s from Tiffany’s)
5.5 – I Can See Clearly Now: I am Ozzy – Ozzy Osbourne
5.6 – Brrrrrr!!!: A Midsummer Tights Dream – Louise Rennison
5.7 – Fashionable: Fallen in Love – Lauren Kate (November/December)
5.8 – What Are You?: Prada & Prejudice – Mandy Hubbard
5.9 – Imagination Runs Wild: Tempest Rising – Tracy Deebs (Mermaid)
*5.10 – Mirror, Mirror On the Wall: Demon Glass – Rachel Hawkins

10 pts. - titles
10.1 – My Name Is: Size 12 and Ready to Rock - Meg Cabot (October)
10.2 – My Name Is – She Walks in Beauty – Siri Mitchell
10.3 – TenElevenTwelve – Demons are Forever: Confessions of a Demon-Hunting Soccer Mom – Kate Connor
10.4 – How Many Words? – The Ghost and the Goth – Stacey Kade
*10.5 – Recommended: Rapture - Lauren Kate (November)
10.6 – Once Upon a Time: Fairy Tale Fail – Mina V. Esguerra
10.7 – NUM83RS – Fifty Shades Darker – E.L. James (November)
*10.8 – All I Want For Christmas: House Rules – Jodi Piccoult
*10.9 – We Are Family—The Solomon Sisters Wise Up – Melissa Senate
*10.10 – What Goes Up, Must Come Down — Up & Out – Ariella Papa

15 pts. - authors
15.1 – Trying Something New: Anna and the French Kiss – Stephanie Perkins/At the Corner of Wall and Sesame - Wendy Levitt
15.2 – Sticking With the Old: Vlad All Over – Beth Orsoff (October)/Apocalipstick – Sue Margolis (October)
15.3 – Family Ties: Mates, Dates and Inflatable Bras – Cathy Hopkins/The Overnight Socialite – Bridie Clark
15.4 – Family Ties 2.0: Some Like it Scot – Donna Kauffman/Kiss and Tell – Fiona Walker

25.1 – Halloween: Captivate – Carrie Jones/World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War – Max Brooks/You Wish – Mandy Hubbard
25.2 – Thanksgiving: Golden – Cameron Dokey/Comfort Food – Kate Jacobs/When in Rome…. – Gemma Townley
25.3 – Christmas: Skipping Christmas – John Grisham/The Gift – Cecelia Ahern/Something Like Fate – Susane Colasanti
25.4 – Start a new series – Fallen (#1) (October/November)/Torment (#2) (November)/Passion (#3) – Lauren Kate (November)

75/310 points
9/40 books

The Devil's Labyrinth by John Saul Special Relationship by Robyn Sisman Hex Hall (Hex Hall, #1) by Rachel Hawkins Love You to Death by Melissa Senate I am Ozzy by Ozzy Osbourne A Midsummer Tights Dream (Misadventures of Tallulah Casey, #2) by Louise Rennison Prada and Prejudice by Mandy Hubbard Tempest Rising (Tempest, #1) by Tracy Deebs Demonglass (Hex Hall, #2) by Rachel Hawkins She Walks In Beauty by Siri Mitchell Demons Are Forever Confessions of a Demon-Hunting Soccer Mom (Kate Connor - Demon Hunter, #3) by Julie Kenner The Ghost and the Goth (The Ghost and the Goth, #1) by Stacey Kade Fairy Tale Fail by Mina V. Esguerra House Rules by Jodi Picoult The Solomon Sisters Wise Up by Melissa Senate Up & Out by Ariella Papa Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins At the Corner of Wall and Sesame by Wendy Levitt Mates, Dates, and Inflatable Bras (Mates, Dates, #1) by Cathy Hopkins The Overnight Socialite A Novel by Bridie Clark Some Like It Scot (Hot Scot Trilogy, #1) by Donna Kauffman Kiss and Tell by Fiona Walker Captivate (Need, #2) by Carrie Jones World War Z An Oral History of the Zombie War by Max Brooks You Wish by Mandy Hubbard Golden A Retelling of "Rapunzel" (Once Upon A Time) by Cameron Dokey Comfort Food by Kate Jacobs When in Rome... A Novel of Piazzas and Passion by Gemma Townley Skipping Christmas by John Grisham The Gift by Cecelia Ahern Something Like Fate by Susane Colasanti

message 4: by Alicia (last edited Dec 29, 2012 08:39PM) (new)

Alicia (diva2416) | 819 comments 5 pts. - covers
5.1 – Home Sweet Home: 92 Pacific Boulevard, Debbie Macomber 10/14/12
5.2 – Dating: The Lucky One, Nicholas Sparks
5.4 – Presents!: The Princess Present, Meg Cabot 12/11/12
5.5 – I Can See Clearly Now: Hollywood Scandals, Gemma Halliday 12/28/12
5.6 – Brrrrrr!!!: East, Edith Pattou 10/16/12
5.7 – Fashionable: The Diva’s Guide To Selling Your Soul. Kathleen O’Reilly
5.8 – What Are You?: (An Alicia Keys cd so I found a pic of a key) The Romancipation of Maggie Hunter, Jane Sigaloff
5.9 – Imagination Runs Wild: Read a book with something on the cover that isn’t real, i.e. unicorn, fairy, Santa, etc.
*5.10 – Mirror, Mirror On the Wall: This Is How: Proven Aid in Overcoming Shyness, Molestation, Fatness, Spinsterhood, Grief, Disease, Lushery, Decrepitude & More For Young and Old Alike, Augusten Burroughs 12/29/12

10 pts. - titles
10.1 – My Name Is: Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder, Joanne Fluke 12/22/12
10.2 – My Name Is – The Accidental Diva? Tia Williams
10.3 – TenElevenTwelve – Most Talkative: Stories From The Front Line Of Pop Culture, Andy Cohen 11/15/12
10.4 – How Many Words? – What Do You Do All Day?, Amy Scheibe
*10.5 – Recommended: Atonement, Ian McEwan
10.6 – Once Upon a Time: The Sleeping Beauty Proposal, Sarah Strohmeyer 11/4/12
10.7 – NUM83RS – Fearless Fourteen, Janet Evanovich 10/12/12
*10.8 – All I Want For Christmas: Mr. Penumbra's 24 Hour Bookstore, Robin Sloan 12/16/12
*10.9 – We Are Family—The Memory Keeper’s Daughter, Kim Edwards 12/11/12
*10.10 – What Goes Up, Must Come Down—A Long Way Down, Nick Hornby

15 pts. - authors
15.1 – Trying Something New: The Handmaid's Tale, Margaret Atwood 11/10/12 & Sarah's Key, Tatiana de Rosnay 11/19/12
15.2 – Sticking With the Old: At First Sight, Nicholas Sparks 12/14/12 & A Touch of Dead, Charlaine Harris 12/18/12
15.3 – Family Ties: K: The Ivy, Lauren Kunze & Rina Onur 12/22/12 & D: Notes From An Accidental Band Geek, Erin Dionne 12/26/12
15.4 – Family Ties 2.0: A: The Wedding Wager, Rachel Astor 11/7/12 & D: The Maze Runner, James Dashner 11/28/12

25.1 – Halloween: Color: Gone Girl, Gillian Flynn 10/22/12, Title: Plum Spooky, Janet Evanovich 11/24/12, Author: Love Regifted, Stephanie Hadaad 11/17/12
25.2 – Thanksgiving: Color: The Time Keeper, Mitch Albom 10/11/12, Title: The Love Goddess’ Cooking School, Melissa Senate 11/2/12, N: Savor The Moment, Nora Roberts 10/3/12
5.3 – Christmas: Color: Tell The Wolves I'm Home, Carol Rifka Brunt 10/31/12, Title: A Cedar Cove, Christmas, Debbie Macomber 10/4/12, C:How To Be A Woman, Caitlin Moran 10/9/12
25.4 – Start a new series – The Little Lady Agency, Hester Browne, 10/6/12, Little Lady, Big Apple, Hester Browne 11/16/12 & The Little Lady Agency & The Prince, Hester Browne 12/4/12

245/310 points
31/40 books

Savor the Moment (Bride Quartet, #3) by Nora Roberts A Cedar Cove Christmas (Cedar Cove, #8.5) by Debbie Macomber The Little Lady Agency (The Little Lady Agency, #1) by Hester Browne How to Be a Woman by Caitlin Moran The Time Keeper by Mitch Albom Fearless Fourteen (Stephanie Plum, #14) by Janet Evanovich 92 Pacific Boulevard by Debbie Macomber East by Edith Pattou Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn Tell the Wolves I'm Home by Carol Rifka Brunt The Love Goddess' Cooking School by Melissa Senate The Sleeping Beauty Proposal by Sarah Strohmeyer The Wedding Wager (McMaster the Disaster #3) by Rachel Astor The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood Most Talkative Stories from the Front Lines of Pop Culture by Andy Cohen Little Lady, Big Apple (The Little Lady Agency, #2) by Hester Browne Love Regifted A Novel by Stephanie Haddad Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay Plum Spooky (Stephanie Plum, #14.5) by Janet Evanovich The Maze Runner (Maze Runner, #1) by James Dashner The Little Lady Agency and the Prince (The Little Lady Agency, #3) by Hester Browne The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards The Princess Present (The Princess Diaries, #6.5) by Meg Cabot At First Sight by Nicholas Sparks Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan A Touch of Dead (Sookie Stackhouse #4.1, 4.3, 5.1, 7.1 & 8.1) by Charlaine Harris The Ivy (The Ivy, #1) by Lauren Kunze Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder (Hannah Swensen, #1) by Joanne Fluke Notes from an Accidental Band Geek by Erin Dionne Hollywood Scandals (A Hollywood Headlines Mystery #1) by Gemma Halliday This Is How Proven Aid in Overcoming Shyness, Molestation, Fatness, Spinsterhood, Grief, Disease, Lushery, Decrepitude & More. For Young and Old Alike. by Augusten Burroughs

message 5: by Tara (last edited Dec 28, 2012 11:09AM) (new)

Tara I am putting on here what I have so far.....I have three classes right now so that takes up all my time. BLAH!

5 pts. - covers
5.1 – Home Sweet Home: Welcome to Serenity-Sherryl Woods
5.2 – Dating:
5.3 – Pet Love: Love is a Four Legged Word-Kandy Sheppard
5.4 – Presents! :
5.5 – I Can See Clearly Now:
5.6 – Brrrrrr!!!:
5.7 – Fashionable: Fallen in Love-Lauren Kate
5.8 – What Are You?: Home in Carolina-Sherryl Woods (Tara Vanflower-My little fire filled heart cd, flower on the cover)
5.9 – Imagination Runs Wild:
5.10 – Mirror, Mirror On the Wall:

10 pts. - titles
10.1 – My Name Is: Perfect Timing:When you meet the man of your dreams on the night before your wedding, it's hardly...-Jill Mansell
10.2 – My Name Is – Part Two:
10.3 – TenElevenTwelve –
10.4 – How Many Words? –
10.5 – Recommended: Rapture-Lauren Kate
10.6 – Once Upon a Time:
10.7 – NUM83RS –
10.8 – All I Want For Christmas:
10.9 – We Are Family-The Sins of a Mother-Danielle Steel
10.10 – What Goes Up, Must Come Down—Up & Out-Ariella Papa

15 pts. - authors
15.1 – Trying Something New: Vlad All Over-Beth Orsoff, The Casual Vacancy-J.K. Rowling
15.2 – Sticking With the Old: Return to Willow Lake-Susan Wiggs, Reflected in You-Sylvia Day
15.3 – Family Ties:
15.4 – Family Ties 2.0: Confessions of A Pregnant Princess-Swan Adamson, Weekend in Paris-Robyn Sysman (my Dad's last name starts with S).

25.1 – Halloween:
25.2 – Thanksgiving:Love Unrehearsed-Tina Reber (Author name starts with T),
25.3 – Christmas:Angels at the Table-Debbie Macomber (cover is Christmas colors), A Season of Angels-Debbie Macomber (Authors name starts with a D), The Christmas Promise-Donna VanLiere (Christmas is in the title)
25.4 – Start a new series -Fallen (#1)-Lauren Kate, Torment (#2)-Lauren Kate, Passion (#3)-Lauren Kate

135/310 points
17/40 books

message 6: by Jencey/ (last edited Dec 27, 2012 03:19AM) (new)

Jencey/ (jencey) | 754 comments 5 pts. - covers
5.5 – I Can See Clearly Now: Read a book that has The Second Hollywood Assistant by Mimi Hare

10 pts. - titles
10.2 – My Name Is – Part Two: Janet Evanovich’s Plum Lucky
10.3 – TenElevenTwelve –Where Do I? Ya Da Da Prayer Group Novel by Neta Jackson
10.4 – How Many Words? – Jane Austen Made Me Do It by Various Authors
*10.5 – Recommended: Just Listen by Sarah Dessen
10.6 – Once Upon a Time: Fairytale In New York by Miranda Dickinson
*10.10 – What Goes Up, Must Come Down— The Fixer Upper by Mary Kay Andrews
15 Pts

, The Diary of Darcy J. Rhone by Emily Giffin

Broken Wings by Alexandrea Weis, Don’t Hex with Texas by Shana Swendson,
The Giving Quilt by Jennifer Chiaverini, and Summer Breeze by Nancy Thayer
25.3 – Christmas: Read three books,one whose title has something “Christmasy” in the title, and one whose author’s first or last initial starts with C (for Christmas) or D (for December)
25.4 – Start a new series – Read the first three books of a new series.

Finished:

5 Points:
5.1 – Home Sweet Home: Days of Gold by Jude Deveraux

5.2 – Dating: Happy Ever After by Nora Roberts

5.3 – Pet Love: Broken Wings by Alexandrea Weis

5.4 – Presents! : The After Wife by Gigi Levangie Grazer

5.6 – Brrrrrr!!!: Dunkirk Crescendo by Brock and Bodie Thoene (coat)

5.7 – Fashionable: Ten Beach Road by Wendy Wax

5.8 – What Are You?: A Book that has my name in the title: Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austin

5.9 – Imagination Runs Wild: Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

*5.10 – Mirror, Mirror On the Wall: The Memory Thief by Emily Colin

Happy Ever After (Bride Quartet, #4) by Nora Roberts Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2) by Suzanne Collins Broken Wings by Alexandrea Weis Days of Gold (Edilean, #2) by Jude Deveraux Dunkirk Crescendo (Zion Covenant, #9) by Bodie Thoene The After Wife by Gigi Levangie Grazer Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen Ten Beach Road by Wendy Wax The Memory Thief by Emily Colin

10 Points:

10.1 – My Name Is: Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins(Jencey)

10.7 – NUM83RS – Ten Girls to Watch by Charity Shumway

*10.8 – All I Want For Christmas: The Nanny Diaries by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus

*10.9 – We Are Family— Momnesia by Lori Verni-Fogarsi

The Nanny Diaries (Nanny #1) by Emma McLaughlin Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) by Suzanne Collins Momnesia by Lori Verni-Fogarsi Ten Girls to Watch A Novel by Charity Shumway

15 Points:

15.1 – Trying Something New: Roses by Leila Meacham, Destined to Fail by Samantha March

15.2 – Sticking With the Old: San Francisco by Kristin Billerbeck, When in Doubt Add Butter by Beth Harbison

15.3 – Family Ties: Read two books – The Green Ticket by Samantha March, The Secret Brokers by Alexandrea Weis(MW)

15.4 – Family Ties 2.0 : Dragon Fly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon (G)

Destined to Fail by Samantha March Roses by Leila Meacham San Francisco by Kristin Billerbeck When in Doubt, Add Butter by Beth Harbison Dragonfly in Amber (Outlander, #2) by Diana Gabaldon The Green Ticket by Samantha March The Secret Brokers by Alexandrea Weis

25.1 – Halloween: (Author h) Idol Hands by Cynthia Hill

25.2 – Thanksgiving: (theme) Have a Little Faith by Mitch Albom

25.3- Christmas: Persausion by Jane Austen (Red)

Idol Hands by Cynthia Hill Have a Little Faith The Story of a Last Request by Mitch Albom Persuasion by Jane Austen

130/310 points
23/40 books

message 7: by Nicole (last edited Dec 22, 2012 08:58PM) (new)

Nicole (nicole21) | 573 comments 5.1 – Home Sweet Home: Vlad All Over by Beth Orsoff
Vlad All Over (Book 1) by Beth Orsoff
5.2 – Dating: Two Lethal Lies by Annie Solomon
Two Lethal Lies by Annie Solomon
5.3 – Pet Love: (cat)
5.4 – Presents!: (new couch) The Blonde Theory by Kristin Harmel
The Blonde Theory by Kristin Harmel
5.5 – I Can See Clearly Now: Dear Teen Me by E. Kristin Anderson
Dear Teen Me Authors Write Letters to Their Teen Selves by E. Kristin Anderson
5.6 – Brrrrrr!!!: (fur coat) The Girls of Murder City by Douglas Perry
The Girls of Murder City Fame, Lust, and the Beautiful Killers who Inspired Chicago by Douglas Perry
5.7 – Fashionable: (sweater) Rearview Mirror by Alana Stewart
Rearview Mirror by Alana Stewart
5.8 – What Are You?: (shoes - Nicole Miller) Burned by Sara Shepard
Burned (Pretty Little Liars, #12) by Sara Shepard
5.10 – Mirror, Mirror On the Wall:

10.1 – My Name Is: (Nicole)
10.2 – My Name Is – Part Two: (NE)
10.3 – TenElevenTwelve:
10.4 – How Many Words?: (6) The Unfinished Work of Elizabeth D by Nichole Bernier
The Unfinished Work of Elizabeth D. by Nichole Bernier
10.5 – Recommended: (N)
10.6 – Once Upon a Time:
10.7 – NUM83RS: One of Our Thursdays is Missing by Jasper Fforde
One of Our Thursdays Is Missing (Thursday Next, #6) by Jasper Fforde
10.8 – All I Want For Christmas:
10.9 – We Are Family: Mom Still Likes You Best by Jane Isay
Mom Still Likes You Best The Unfinished Business Between Siblings by Jane Isay
10.10 – What Goes Up, Must Come Down:

15.1 – Trying Something New: And She Was by Alison Gaylin & The Gemini Virus by Wil Mara
And She Was A Novel of Suspense by Alison Gaylin The Gemini Virus by Wil Mara
15.2 – Sticking With the Old: The Sweet Life by Francine Pascal & The Good Woman by Jane Porter
The Sweet Life Episodes 1--6 by Francine Pascal The Good Woman by Jane Porter
15.3 – Family Ties: (LR) Level 2 by Lenore Appelhans & Superstition by Karen Robards
Level 2 (The Memory Chronicles, #1) by Lenore Appelhans Superstition by Karen Robards
15.4 – Family Ties 2.0: (CR) Wallflower in Bloom by Claire Cook & The Bracelet by Roberta Gately
Wallflower in Bloom A Novel by Claire Cook The Bracelet  by Roberta Gately

25.1 – Halloween: (Halloween color) The Dark Side of Christian History by Helen Ellerbe; (Halloween word) Ghosts of Manhattan by Douglas Brunt; & (O) L.A. Fadeaway by Jordan Okum
The Dark Side of Christian History by Helen Ellerbe Ghosts of Manhattan A Novel by Douglas Brunt L.A. Fadeaway A Novel by Jordan Okun
25.2 – Thanksgiving:
25.3 – Christmas: (Christmas color) Dating Can Be Deadly by Wendy Roberts; (C) Capital Girls by Ella Monroe
Dating Can Be Deadly by Wendy Roberts Capital Girls by Ella Monroe
25.4 – Start a new series:

message 8: by Nancy (last edited Dec 31, 2012 03:37PM) (new)

Nancy S | 299 comments 5.1 – Home Sweet Home: The Summer House - Marcia Willett
5.2 – Dating: The Last Letter From Your Lover - Jojo Moyes
5.3 – Pet Love:The Cat Sitter's Pajamas - Blaize Clement 10/3
5.4 – Presents!: [cute dog] Emily & Einstein - Linda Francis Lee
5.5 – I Can See Clearly Now: The Librarian - Larry Beinhart
5.6 – Brrrrrr!!!: (audio cover has snowsuit) Designed to Die – Chloe Green 12/28
5.7 – Fashionable:[cute skirt]Wallflower in Bloom- Claire Cook 11/16

5.8 – What Are You?:
5.9 – Imagination Runs Wild: Deadlocked -Charlaine Harris
5.10 – Mirror, Mirror On the Wall:[mirrored glasses] Undead and Unstable – MaryJanice Davidson 11/21

10.1 – My Name Is: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society - Mary Ann Shaffer
10.2 – My Name Is – Part Two: No Way To Kill A Lady - Nancy Martin
10.3 – TenElevenTwelve: Most Talkative: Stories From the Front Line of Pop Culture - Andy Cohen 11/28
10.4 – How Many Words?:Let’s Pretend This Never Happened – Jenny Lawson 12/6
10.5 – Recommended: Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist – Rachel Cohn 11/11
10.6 – Once Upon a Time: A Fairytale Christmas – Susan Meier 12/12
10.7 – NUM83RS: The Thirteenth Tale - Diane Setterfield 11/8
10.8 – All I Want For Christmas:[flowers] The Language of Flowers - Vanessa Diffenbaugh 11/13
10.9 – We Are Family: My Mother Was Nuts - Penny Marshall 12/23

10.10 – What Goes Up, Must Come Down:

15.1 – Trying Something New: Cascade – Maryanne O’Hara 10/7; The Light Between Oceans - M.L. Stedman 11/19
15.2 – Sticking With the Old: Zoo - James Patterson 10/14; Judgment Call - J.A. Jance 10/16
15.3 – Family Ties:[EM]Wicked Business – Janet Evanovich 10/9; The Lost Years – Mary Higgins Clark 10/30
15.4 – Family Ties 2.0:[BS]Minding Frankie - Maeve Binchy 12/10; To Fetch a Thief - Spencer Quinn 11/7

25.1 – Halloween:[title]Halloween Knight - Tori Pjillips 11/4; [color] Casual Vacancy – JK Rowling 12/27; [H] You Wish – Mandy Hubbard 12/30
25.2 – Thanksgiving:[title]A Family for Thanksgiving - Patricia Davids 11/6;[color] The Five People You Meet in Heaven - Mitch Albom 11/26;[T] Tangled – Taylor Morris 12/1
25.3 – Christmas:[color] Notorious Nineteen – Janet Evanovich 12/21; [title] Once Upon a Christmas – Brenda Novak 10/11; [C] Red Mist – Patricia Cornwell 11/18

225/310 points
28/40 books

The Cat Sitter's Pajamas (A Dixie Hemingway Mystery #7) by Blaize Clement Zoo by James Patterson Judgment Call by J.A. Jance Wicked Business (Lizzy & Diesel, #2) by Janet Evanovich The Lost Years by Mary Higgins Clark The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh Wallflower in Bloom A Novel by Claire Cook Undead and Unstable (Undead, #11) by MaryJanice Davidson Cascade by Maryanne O'Hara The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman A Family for Thanksgiving by Patricia Davids The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom Tangled (Hello, Gorgeous! #3) by Taylor Morris Let's Pretend This Never Happened (A Mostly True Memoir) by Jenny Lawson Most Talkative Stories from the Front Lines of Pop Culture by Andy Cohen To Fetch a Thief (A Chet and Bernie Mystery, #3) by Spencer Quinn Minding Frankie by Maeve Binchy A Fairytale Christmas by Susan Meier Notorious Nineteen (Stephanie Plum, #19) by Janet Evanovich Once Upon a Christmas Just Like the Ones We Used to Know/The Night Before Christmas/All the Christmases to Come by Brenda Novak Red Mist (Kay Scarpetta, #19) by Patricia Cornwell My Mother Was Nuts by Penny Marshall Designed To Die (Dallas O'Connor Mystery, #2) by Chloe Green Halloween Knight (Cavendish Chronicles, #5) by Tori Phillips The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling You Wish by Mandy Hubbard

message 9: by ★Meghan★ (last edited Dec 27, 2012 04:49PM) (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 288 comments 5.1-The Kitchen House DONE
5.2-Dating: You Against Me DONE
5.3-
5.4-
5.5-
5.6-
5.7-
5.8-
5.9-
5.10-
The Kitchen House by Kathleen Grissom You Against Me by Jenny Downham

10.1-
10.2-
10.3-
10.4-
10.5-Recommended: Eragon DONE
10.6-
10.7-Num8ers: Twenties Girl DONE
10.8-
10.9-
10.10-
Eragon (The Inheritance Cycle, #1) by Christopher Paolini Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella

15.1-Trying Something New: Steve Jobs & Divergent DONE
15.2-Sticking With the Old: Summer Love & Flowers On Main DONE
15.3-Family Ties: Cast in Shadow (M) & (M)
15.4-
Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson Divergent (Divergent, #1) by Veronica Roth Summer Love (Love Stories) by Wendy Loggia Flowers On Main (Chesapeake Shores, #2) by Sherryl Woods Cast in Shadow (Chronicles of Elantra, #1) by Michelle Sagara West

25.1-Halloween: Dead Witch Walking (color) & The Darkest Night (title) & Alphas (author) DONE
25.2-Thanksgiving: Water for Elephants (color) & Savor the Moment (title) & (author)
25.3-Christmas: Evernight (color) & The Iron King (title) & Graceling by Kirstin Cashore (328) (author last name) DONE
25.4-
Dead Witch Walking (The Hollows, #1) by Kim Harrison The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld, #1) by Gena Showalter Alphas (Alphas, #1) by Lisi Harrison Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen Savor the Moment (Bride Quartet, #3) by Nora Roberts Evernight (Evernight, #1) by Claudia Gray The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1) by Julie Kagawa Graceling (Graceling Realm, #1) by Kristin Cashore

Total: 110

message 10: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne | 767 comments Saving my spot. I'd really like to do this one!

5 pts.
5.1 – Home Sweet Home:
5.2 – Dating:
5.3 – Pet Love:
5.4 – Presents! :
5.6 – Brrrrrr!!!:
5.7 – Fashionable:
5.8 – What Are You?:
*5.10 – Mirror, Mirror On the Wall:

10 pts.
10.1 – My Name Is: I highly doubt I'll find anything, damn Z in my name!
10.2 – My Name Is – Part Two: (start: S, end: E)
10.3 – TenElevenTwelve:
10.4 – How Many Words?: (7 words)
*10.5 – Recommended: (S)
10.6 – Once Upon a Time:
10.7 – NUM83RS:
*10.8 – All I Want For Christmas:
*10.9 – We Are Family:
*10.10 – What Goes Up, Must Come Down:

15 pts.
15.1 – Trying Something New:
15.2 – Sticking With the Old:
15.3 – Family Ties: (LB)
15.4 – Family Ties 2.0: (MB)

25 pts.
25.1 – Halloween:
25.2 – Thanksgiving:
25.3 – Christmas:
25.4 – Start a new series –

310 points
40 books

message 11: by Kristin (Kritters Ramblings) (last edited Dec 24, 2012 04:28PM) (new)

Kristin (Kritters Ramblings) | 553 comments Here it goes! So excited to have some good reading time this winter season!

25pts.
1. Halloween: Grace Unexpected, Gale Martin (orange dress)
The Shadow Man, Mark Murphy
There Goes the Bride, Holly McQueen

2. Thanksgiving: You Don't Know Me, Susan May Warren
Making Piece: A Memoir of Love, Loss and Pie, Beth Howard
Enchanted by Starlight, Tina L. Hook

3. Christmas: The Good Woman, Jane Porter
The Twelve Days of Christmas, Michele Gorman
All I Have to Give, Melody Carlson

4. Start a new series: Deck of Lies Series by Jade Varden
Justice, Jade Varden
The Tower, Jade Varden
Death, Jade Varden

Grace Unexpected by Gale Martin You Don't Know Me (Deep Haven, #6) by Susan May Warren The Good Woman by Jane Porter

15 pts.
1. Trying Something New: Swann Dives In, Charles Salzberg
Return to Willow Lake, Susan Wiggs

2. Sticking with the Old: Until My Soul Gets it Right, Karen Wojcik Berner
Forgotten, Catherine McKenzie

3. Family Ties (M,D): Sweat, Mark Gilleo
She Came From Away, D. Edward Bradley

4. Family Ties 2.0 (M,D): Leaves, Michael Baron
Dancing at the Shame Prom, Hollye Dexter

10 pts.
1. My Name Is: My Kind of Christmas, Robyn Carr
2. My Name Is Part 2(Kristin): Keeping the Moon, Sarah Dessen
3. TenElevenTwelve: Let's Take the Long Way Home: A Memoir of Friendship, Gail Caldwell
4. How Many Words?: (7) I Never Promised You a Goodie Bag, Jennifer Gilbert
5. Recommended:
6. Once Upon a Time:
7. NUM83RS: Five Years to Live, Frank Zaccari
8. All I Want for Christmas (book): Judging a Book by Its Lover, Lauren Leto
9. We Are Family: Diary of a Stage Mother's Daughter, Melissa Francis
10. What Goes Up, Must Come Down: One Flight Up, Susan Fales-Hill

5 pts.
1. Home Sweet Home: Presidential Retreats, Peter Hannaford
2. Dating: Rules of Civility, Amor Towles
3. Pet Love: Death in the Dark, Emily Kimelman
4. Presents:
5. I Can See Clearly Now:
6. BRRRR!!: Falling Together, Marisa de los Santos
7. Fashionable: Things Remembered, Georgia Bockoven (skinny jeans & boots)
8. What Are You?
9. Imagination Runs Wild:
10. Mirror, Mirror on the Wall: Here I Go Again, Jen Lancaster

Presidential Retreats Where the Presidents Went and Why They Went There by Peter Hannaford Rules of Civility by Amor Towles Death In The Dark (A Sydney Rye novella #2) by Emily Kimelman Falling Together A Novel by Marisa de los Santos Forgotten A Novel by Catherine McKenzie Here I Go Again by Jen Lancaster

34/40 books
270/310 points

message 12: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 288 comments Just so you all know a good way to look for a book in your TBR with all the letters in your name is to go to the search box in "My Books" and type in your name with a space between each letter. It will show up all the books with all the letters that shows up within title and author...I think it may do series name to so watch out for that.

message 13: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (diva2416) | 819 comments For the Fairy Tale one could we use books that have Cinderella/Sleeping Beauty or some name of a character in a fairy tale in it?

message 14: by Stacy (new)

Alicia wrote: "For the Fairy Tale one could we use books that have Cinderella/Sleeping Beauty or some name of a character in a fairy tale in it?"

Sure, that can work. :)

message 15: by L (new)

L (lauraactually) Saving my spot.

message 16: by Tina (last edited Dec 26, 2012 01:29PM) (new)

Tina | 323 comments •5 pts. - Covers
5.1 – Home Sweet Home:
5.2 – Dating: Sleeping Arrangements by Madeleine Wickham 10/8
5.3 – Pet Love: Cesar's Way: The Natural, Everyday Guide to Understanding and Correcting Common Dog Problems by Cesar Millan 10/12
5.4 – Presents!:
5.6 – Brrrrrr!!!:
5.7 – Fashionable:
5.8 – What Are You?:
5.9 – Imagination Runs Wild: Sense & Sensibility & Sea Monsters by Jane Austen & Ben Winters 10/24
*5.10 – Mirror, Mirror On the Wall: Crossed by Ally Condie 12/5

•10 pts. - Titles
10.1 – My Name Is: Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) by Mindy Kaling 10/15
10.2 – My Name Is – Part Two:
10.3 – TenElevenTwelve: How to Raise the Perfect Dog: Through Puppyhood and Beyond by Cesar Millan 10/11
10.4 – How Many Words?:
*10.5 – Recommended:
10.6 – Once Upon a Time: The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty by Anne Rice, writing as A. N. Roquleaure 10/17
10.7 – NUM83RS: Fifty Shades Freed by E.L. James 12/19
*10.9 – We Are Family:

•15 pts. - Authors
15.1 – Trying Something New: The Total Money Makeover:A Proven Plan for Financial Fitness by Dave Ramsey 10/18 & Matched by Ally Condie 11/16
15.2 – Sticking With the Old: The Wedding Girl by Madeleine Wickham 10/3 & Fifty Shades Darker by E.L. James 11/2
15.3 – Family Ties: The Girl Who Played With Fire by Stieg Larsson & What the Dog Saw by Malcolm Gladwell
15.4 – Family Ties 2.0: Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell & Be the Pack Leader by Cesar Millan & Melissa Jo Peltier

•25 pts. – Combined (well….except for the last one…..)
25.1 – Halloween: Amped by Daniel H Wilson 12/26 & Witchful Thinking by HP Mallory 11/26 & When in Doubt, Add Butter by Beth Harbison 12/10
25.2 – Thanksgiving:
25.3 – Christmas:
25.4 – Start a new series: Sushi for One, Only Uni & Single Sashimi by Cami Tang

115/310 points
15/40 books

message 17: by Eva (last edited Oct 09, 2012 12:00PM) (new)

Eva | 259 comments 5.1 – Home Sweet Home: The Summerhouse – Jude Deveraux
5.2 – Dating: The Notebook – Nicolas Sparks
5.3 – Pet Love: Mulch Ado About Nothing – Jill Churchill
5.4 – Presents! :
5.5 – I Can See Clearly Now: Cocktails for Three – Madeleine Wickham
5.6 – Brrrrrr!!!: De sneeuwman (The Snowman) – R.L. Stine
5.7 – Fashionable:
5.8 – What Are You?: G
*5.10 – Mirror, Mirror On the Wall:

10.1 – My Name Is: De torens van Februari – Tonke Dragt (My internet name Eva)
10.2 – My Name Is – Part Two: Read a book whose title starts with the first letter as your first name and ends with the last letter in your first name
10.3 – TenElevenTwelve:
10.4 – How Many Words? : Geheimen van het Wilde Woud – Tonke Dragt my Jewish name that I use Chava
*10.5 – Recommended:
10.6 – Once Upon a Time:
10.7 – NUM83RS:
*10.9 – We Are Family:

15.1 – Trying Something New:
Firestorm - Iris Johanssen
15.2 – Sticking With the Old: De brief voor de Koning – Tonke Dragt
Calling Romeo – Alexandra Potter
15.3 – Family Ties:
15.4 – Family Ties 2.0:

25.1 – Halloween:
Mummy – Caroline B. Cooney
25.2 – Thanksgiving:
25.3 – Christmas:

310 points
40 books

message 18: by Julie (last edited Dec 30, 2012 10:39PM) (new)

Julie 5 Point Books - Covers

5.1 – Home Sweet Home: Redemption by Karen Kingsbury & Gary Smalley
5.2 – Dating: To Have and to Hold by Jane Green
5.3 – Pet Love: The Cat Who Sniffed Glue by Lilian Jackson Braun
5.4 – Presents!: The Other Woman by Jane Green
5.5 – I Can See Clearly Now: Cocktails for Three by Madeleine Wickham
5.6 – Brrrrrr!!!: One Breath Away by Heather Gudenkauf
5.7 – Fashionable: The Secret Lives of Dresses by Erin McKean
5.8 – What Are You?: Secrets of a Shoe Addict by Beth Harbison
5.9 – Imagination Runs Wild: Sleeping with the Fishes by MaryJanice Davidson
*5.10 – Mirror, Mirror On the Wall: Every Last One by Anna Quindlen

10 Point Books - Titles

10.1 – My Name Is: The Devil in the Junior League by Linda Francis Lee
10.2 – My Name Is – Part Two: Just One Taste by C.J. Ellisson
10.3 – TenElevenTwelve: There's a (Slight) Chance I Might Be Going To Hell by Laurie Notaro
10.4 – How Many Words?: The Cat Who Knew Shakespeare by Lilian Jackson Braun
*10.5 – Recommended: Just Listen by Sarah Dessen
10.6 – Once Upon a Time: The Princess Bride by William Goldman
10.7 – NUM83RS: Fifty Shades Freed by E.L. James
*10.8 – All I Want For Christmas: Shoe Addicts Anonymous by Beth Harbison
*10.9 – We Are Family: The Accidental Mother by Rowan Coleman
*10.10 – What Goes Up, Must Come Down: Don't Look Down by Jennifer Crusie

15 Point Books - Authors

15.1 – Trying Something New: Room by Emma Donoghue, Kill Switch by Neal Baer & Jonathan Greene
15.2 – Sticking With the Old: Swimsuit by James Patterson, The Time Keeper by Mitch Albom
15.3 – Family Ties: Whistling In the Dark by Lesley Kagen, The Scandalous Summer of Sissy LeBlanc by Loraine Despres
15.4 – Family Ties 2.0: Very Valentine by Adriana Trigiani, Presumed Innocent by Scott Turow

25 Point Books – Combined (well….except for the last one…..)

25.1 – Halloween: The Cat Who Played Post Office by Lilian Jackson Bran, The Sookie Stackhouse Companion by Charlaine Harris, Mrs. Kimble by Jennifer Haigh
25.2 – Thanksgiving: Flying Changes by Sara Gruen, American Pie by Michael Lee West, Alphabet Weekends by Elizabeth Noble
25.3 – Christmas: Love the One You're With by Emily Giffin, The Gift by Ceclia Ahern, Secrets of Eden by Chris Bohjalian
25.4 – Start a new series: Dark of the Moon, Heat Lightning, Rough County by John Sandford

200/310 points
25/40 books

The Other Woman by Jane Green Cocktails for Three by Madeleine Wickham The Secret Lives of Dresses by Erin McKean Secrets of a Shoe Addict (Shoe Addict, #2) by Beth Harbison Sleeping with the Fishes (Fred the Mermaid, #1) by MaryJanice Davidson Every Last One by Anna Quindlen There's a (Slight) Chance I Might Be Going to Hell A Novel of Sewer Pipes, Pageant Queens, and Big Trouble by Laurie Notaro Just Listen by Sarah Dessen The Princess Bride  by William Goldman Shoe Addicts Anonymous (Shoe Addict, #1) by Beth Harbison The Accidental Mother by Rowan Coleman Whistling In the Dark by Lesley Kagen The Scandalous Summer of Sissy LeBlanc by Loraine Despres Very Valentine by Adriana Trigiani Presumed Innocent (Kindle County Legal Thriller, #1) by Scott Turow

message 19: by uky (new)

uky (ukyqtpi) | 2 comments How do I post my task list and have the books show up like they are in the others posts? Sorry I am now to this but I think the challenge will be super fun and will help me get to my annual goal!

message 20: by Julie (last edited Sep 27, 2012 07:18PM) (new)

Julie Judith wrote: "How do I post my task list and have the books show up like they are in the others posts? Sorry I am now to this but I think the challenge will be super fun and will help me get to my annual goal!"

Hi Judith! These challenges are a lot of fun! All I do to post my list is highlight and copy Stacy's second message and then paste it in the comment box. Then, I find as many books to fit the categories as I can and just type those in. Finally, to add the book covers, you just have to click on the add book/author link that is right above this comment box and make sure that add cover is selected, then type in the book title and click the add button that comes up. Obviously when you are all done you just have to click the post button below. Does that make sense? Hope this helps.....

message 21: by Stacy (new)

Julie wrote: "Judith wrote: "How do I post my task list and have the books show up like they are in the others posts? Sorry I am now to this but I think the challenge will be super fun and will help me get to my..."

Thanks for answering that Julie! I've been MIA the last couple of days - down and out with bronchitis! BOO!!

message 22: by Candace (new)

Candace | 47 comments Stacy can I use the middle name instead of the last name for Family ties 2.0? I am having a hard time finding an author with U.

message 23: by Melanie (last edited Dec 29, 2012 09:54AM) (new)

Melanie (mcipher) | 372 comments Yay, excited to try again on a challenge.

5 pts. - covers
5.1 – Home Sweet Home: The Vanishing Game - Kate Kae Myers
5.2 – Dating: Simply Irresistible - Jill Shavis
5.3 – Pet Love: The Vanishing of Katharina Linden - Helen Grant
5.4 – Presents! : The Children’s Book - A.S. Byatt
5.5 – I Can See Clearly Now: Where'd You Go, Bernadette - Maria Semple
5.6 – Brrrrrr!!!: Read a book that has something on the cover that you’d need for cold weather
5.7 – Fashionable: Death Perception - Victoria Laurie
5.8 – What Are You?: Melanie = music...
*5.10 – Mirror, Mirror On the Wall: Spook: Science Tackles the Afterlife - Mary Roach
10 pts. - titles
10.1 – My Name Is: Read a book whose title contains all the letters of your first name (does not have to be in order)
10.2 – My Name Is – Part Two: Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore - Robin Sloan
10.3 – TenElevenTwelve – World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War - Max Brooks
10.4 – How Many Words? – Smashed, Squashed, Splattered, Chewed, Chunked, and Spewed - Lance Carbunkle
*10.5 – Recommended: Mockingjay - Suzanne Collins
10.6 – Once Upon a Time: Fairytale of New York - Miranda Dickinson
10.7 – NUM83RS – The Eleventh Victim - Nancy Grace
*10.8 – All I Want For Christmas: Size 12 and Ready to Rock - Meg Cabot (sparkly dress!)
*10.9 – We Are Family— The Wednesday Sisters - Meg Waite Clayton
*10.10 – What Goes Up, Must Come Down—Down to Earth - Melanie Rose
15 pts. - authors
15.1 – Trying Something New: Before the Poison - Peter Robinson, The Boy in the Suitcase - Lene Kaaberbøl
15.2 – Sticking With the Old: Heartbroken - Lisa Unger, Trail of the Spellmans - Lisa Lutz
15.3 – Family Ties: Kill Me Softly - Sarah Cross
15.4 – Family Ties 2.0: The Forest of hands and Teeth - Carrie Ryan
25.1 – Halloween: Ghostwalk - Rebecca Stott, Fright Court - Mindy Klasky, and The Rook - Daniel O’Malley
25.2 – Thanksgiving: Read three books, one whose cover is mostly a fall color, one whose title has something “Thanksgivingy” in the title, and one whose author’s first or last initial starts with T (for Thanksgiving) or N (for November)
25.3 – Christmas: Read three books, one whose cover is mostly a Christmas color, one whose title has something “Christmasy” in the title, and one whose author’s first or last initial starts with C (for Christmas) or D (for December)
25.4 – Start a new series – Read the first three books of a new (to you) series.

80/310 points
9/40 books

message 24: by Candace (last edited Dec 30, 2012 01:15PM) (new)

Candace | 47 comments 5 pts. - covers
5.1 – Home Sweet Home: Who We Are by TJ Klune - 10/10/12
5.2 – Dating: Fallen Too Far by Abbi Glines
5.3 – Pet Love:
5.4 – Presents! : Angel; Wicked Nights by Gena Showalter
5.5 – I Can See Clearly Now: Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson
5.6 – Brrrrrr!!!: Fire; Gabriel’s Inferno by Sylvain Reynard
5.7 – Fashionable: Ash by Malinda Lo
5.8 – What Are You?: Ceiling Lights
5.9 – Imagination Runs Wild: (fairy) Glamour by Penelope Fletcher
5.10 – Mirror, Mirror On the Wall: The Unquite by Jeannine Garsee

10 pts. - titles
10.1 – My Name Is: The Secret of Ella and Micha by Jessica Sorensen
10.3 – TenElevenTwelve – Read a book whose title is ten, eleven, or twelve words long
10.4 – How Many Words? – (Candy) The Unbearable Lightness of Dragons by Katie MacAlister 10/3/12
10.5 – Recommended:(Leanne) Legacies by Mercedes Lackey & Rosemary Edghill
10.6 – Once Upon a Time: Fairy Tale by Cyn Balog
10.7 – NUM83RS – Two for the Dough by Janet Evanovich
10.8 – All I Want For Christmas: Gone, Gone, Gone by Hannah Moskowitz
10.9 – We Are Family—Read a book with a family relationship in the title
10.10 – What Goes Up, Must Come Down— Waking Up Married by Mira Lyn Kelly

15 pts. - authors
15.1 – Trying Something New: Bear, Otter, and the Kid by TJ Klune – 10/8/12 & Faith and Fidelity by Tere Michaels – 10/7/12
15.2 – Sticking With the Old: ICED by Karen Marie Moning & Twilight by Stephanie Meyer
15.3 – Family Ties: (J) Ten Big Ones by Janet Evanovich (K) Love in the Time of Dragons by Katie MacAlister
15.4 – Family Ties 2.0: (K) American Love Songs by Ashlyn Kane (U) Caught Running by Abigail Roux & Madeleine Urban

25.1 – Halloween: (Orange) Lover Reborn by J.R. Ward , (Halloweeny) Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl & (H)White Cat by Holly Black
25.2 – Thanksgiving: Read three books, one whose cover is mostly a fall color, one whose title has something (Thanksgivingy) Harvest Moon by Robin Carrin the title, and one whose author’s first or last initial starts with (T) Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone
25.3 – Christmas: (C initial) If I Lie by Corrine Jackson, (Red cover) Bloodlines by Richelle Mead, (Christmasy)
25.4 – Start a new series – Simply Irresistible, Head Over Heels & The Sweetest Thing by Jill Shalvis

310 points
40 books

message 25: by Stacy (new)

Candace wrote: "Stacy can I use the middle name instead of the last name for Family ties 2.0? I am having a hard time finding an author with U."

Sure Candace, whatever you have to do to make it work is fine by me. :)

message 26: by Stacy (new)

Good luck everyone!! I hope it wasn't too hard to find books for these tasks....

message 27: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (diva2416) | 819 comments TASK COMPLETED

just kidding ;-)

message 28: by Stacy (new)

Alicia wrote: "TASK COMPLETED

just kidding ;-)"

LOL, that showed up in my news feed on here and I had to laugh. :)

message 29: by Julie (new)

Julie Alicia wrote: "TASK COMPLETED

just kidding ;-)"

Good one! LOL

message 30: by Meredith (last edited Dec 24, 2012 09:07AM) (new)

Meredith | 58 comments 5.1 – Home Sweet Home: Death of A Witch by M.C. Beaton--House on the cover
5.2 – Dating: Sleeping Arrangments by Madelaine Wickham
5.3 – Pet Love: (dog) A Conspiracy of Friends by Alexander McCall Smith
5.4 – Presents!: Burning the Map by Laura Caldwell –A Trip to Europe!
5.5 – I Can See Clearly Now: Spying in High Heels by Gemma Halliday
5.6 – Brrrrrr!!!: Wrapped Up in You by Carol Mathews
5.7 – Fashionable: See Jane Date by Melissa Senate (Sexy dress)
5.8 – What Are You?: Meredith’s Dragon Age comes up—A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin
5.9 – Imagination Runs Wild: TBD
5.10 – Mirror, Mirror On the Wall: Death of a Kingfisher (lake on the cover) UNLESS ANYONE HAS ANY CHICK LIT SUGGESTIONS????

10.1 – My Name Is: (Meredith) 10,000 in Unmarked Puzzles by Parnell Hall
10.2 – My Name Is – Part Two: (MH) The Matzo Ball Heiress by Laurie Gwen Shapiro(This book was the best I could find given my name!)
10.3 – TenElevenTwelve: See Jane Write: A Girls Guide to Writing Chick Lit by Sandra Mlynowski
10.4 – How Many Words?: (8) Many Blood Returns: Tales of Birthdays with Bites by Harris, Charlaine; Kelner, Toni L. P.
10.5 – Recommended: (M) Milk Run by Sarah Mlynowski
10.6 – Once Upon a Time: Any Red Dress Inc. suggestions
10.7 – NUM83RS: Notorious Nineteen By Janet Evanovitch
10.8 – All I Want For Christmas: AProfessional Career after I graduate this term!! The Lincoln Lawyer by Michael Connelly
10.9 – We Are Family: The Solomon Sisters Wise Up by Melissa Senate
10.10 – What Goes Up, Must Come Down: UP and OUT by Ariella Papa

15.1 – Trying Something New: Vlad All Over by Beth Orloff and The Surgeon by Tess Gerritsen
15.2 – Sticking With the Old: Standing in Another Man’s Grave by Ian Rankin and The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling
15.3 – Family Ties: (SB) Off the Menu by Stacy Balis and Reality TV Bites by Shanes Bolkes
15.4 – Family Ties 2.0: (PC) and (MS) The Bone Bed by Patricia Cornwell and Love You to Death by Melissa Senate

25.1 – Halloween:
1) An apple for the Creature by Harris, Charlaine; Kelner, Toni L. P.(creature on the cover is “Halloweeny”)
2) Delusion in Death by J.D. Robb;
3) Dating Can be Deadly by Wendy Roberts (cover is blood red)

25.2 – Thanksgiving:
1) Home Improvement: Undead Edition (cover is pumpkin orange) by Harris, Charlaine; Kelner, Toni L. P.
2) Erasing Memory by Scott Thornley
3) Turkey Day Murder by Leslie Meier

25.3 – Christmas:
(1) Scenes From A Holiday: The Eight Dates Of Hanukkah\Carrie Pilby's New Year's Resolution\Emma Townsend Saves Christmas (Red Dress Ink Novels) - Graff, Laurie;
(2) Wolfbane and Mistletoe by Harris, Charlaine; Kelner, Toni L. P.
(3) Puzzle in a Pear Tree by Parnell Hall

25.4 – Start a new series: The Pact (Rachel Benjamin, #1), The Jinx (Rachel Benjamin, #2), The Key (Rachel Benjamin, #3), and The Hunt (Rachel Benjamin, #4) by Jennifer Sturman

message 31: by Nancy (new)

Nancy S | 299 comments Task Completed:

5.3 – Pet Love:The Cat Sitter's Pajamas - Blaize Clement 10/3

5/310 points
1/40 books

message 32: by Candace (new)

Candace | 47 comments Task Completed:

10.4 – How Many Words? – (Candy) The Unbearable Lightness of Dragons by Katie MacAlister – 10/3/12

10/310 points
1/40 books

message 33: by Maria (new)

Maria | 67 comments 5 pts. - covers

-->"Corduroy Mansions" by Alexander McCall Smith

5.2 – Dating: Read a book that has a man and a woman who look like they might be on a date on the cover
-->"Things We Did" by Sarah Mlynowski

5.3 – Pet Love: Read a book with a picture of the type of pet you own on the cover (No pets? Use a pet you’d like to have, or your favorite animal.)
--> Dog; "Any one but you" by Jennifer Cruise

5.4 – Presents! : Read a book with something on the cover that you’d like to receive as a present
--> kitchen aid mixer bowl "Sprinkle With Murder" by Jenn McKinlay

5.5 – I Can See Clearly Now: Read a book that has a person on the cover wearing glasses (or just glasses on it, can be sunglasses)
--> "Cocktails For Three" by Madeleine Wickham

--> Zipped up jacket "Unzipped" by Lois Greiman

5.7 – Fashionable: Read a book that either has a person wearing something you would wear, or a picture of an item of clothing you would wear
-> jean capris "Knock Off" by Rhonda Pollero

5.8 – What Are You?: Google your first name and click on the shopping tab to see what comes up – choose one of those items and read a book that has something similar on the cover, i.e. “Stacy” goes to Stacey Adams men’s shoes – I would read a book with men’s
shoes on the cover (doesn’t matter how big or small the image is on the cover as long as it’s there)
-->

-->Santa "You Better Not Cry" by Augusten Burroughs

5.10 – Mirror, Mirror On the Wall: Read a book with a mirror on it (if this is too hard to get, it can be something you can see your reflection in, like water)
-->"After The Funeral" by Agatha Christie

10 pts. - titles

-->MARIA;"The Age Of Miracles" by Karen Thompson Walker

-->MA;"Miss New India" by Bharati Mukherjee

-->"The Second Assistant: A Tale from the Bottom of the Hollywood Ladder" by Mimi Hare (12 words)

10.4 – How Many Words? – Read a book with the same number of words in the title as there are in your first name, i.e. Stacy = five words (if your name is super long, use a shortened version or your nickname)
-->5; "The Miracle At Speedy Motors" by Alexander McCall Smith

10.5 – Recommended: Using the RDI thread of Good Book
Recommendations – read a book that has been recommended and whose title begins with the first letter of your first name (can use the book lists that have been posted too – like the YA lists) – if
there aren’t any, use your middle or last name
-->M;

10.6 – Once Upon a Time: It seems that fairytales are all the rage in Hollywood lately – Read a book with the word “fairytale” in the title
-->"Someone Else's Fairytale" by Emily Mah Tippetts

10.7 – NUM83RS – Read a book with a number in the title
--> "2 Bodies For The Price of 1" by Stephanie Bond

10.8 – All I Want For Christmas: Read a book with something in the title you would like to receive as a gift (ex, book, shoes, purse...)
--> muffin pans "Off The Menu" by Stacey Ballis

10.9 – We Are Family—Read a book with a family relationship in the title
-->"Momzillas" by Jill Kargman

10.10 – What Goes Up, Must Come Down—Read a book that has the word “up” or “down” in the title or some other direction, like north, south, etc
-->"Bound South" by Susan Rebecca White

15 pts. - authors

15.1 – Trying Something New: Read two books, each one by an author that you’ve never read before (has to be two separate authors)
-->"Game of Thrones" by George R.R. Martin
-->"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" by Douglas Adams

15.2 – Sticking With the Old: Read two books, each one by an author that you have read before (can be the same author for both or two different authors)
-->"The Secret Lives of Fortunate Wives" by Sarah Strohmeyer
-->"Getting Rid of Bradley" by Jennifer Crusie

15.3 – Family Ties: Read two books – use your mother’s first and last name initials and find an author whose first or last name starts with each, i.e. my mom’s initials are C and B (or F or O),
I could read a book with an author whose first or last name starts with C and another book by an author whose first or last name starts with B (or F or O, depending on what last name I use)
-->K;"Chloe Does Yale" by Natalie Krinsky
-->M;"The Rabbit Factory" by Marshall Karp

15.4 – Family Ties 2.0: Do the same thing with your dad’s initials.
-->E;"The Marriage Plot" by Jeffrey Eugenides
-->M;"Cool, Calm & Contentious" by Merrill Markoe

25.1 – Halloween: Read three books, one whose cover is mostly a Halloween color, one whose title has something “Halloweeny” in the title, and one whose author’s first or last initial starts with H (for Halloween) or O (for October)
-->"No Such Thing As A Secret" by Shelly Fredman
-->"Trick or Treat Murder" by Leslie Meier
-->"The Glamorous (Double) Life of Isabel Bookbinder" by Holly McQueen

--> brown "Breach of Duty" by J.A. Jance
-->giving thanks "Thanks For The Memories" by Cecelia Ahern
-->"No Way To Kill A Lady" Nancy Martin

-->"The Secret Ingredient" by Jane Heller
-->"Santa Land Diaries" by David Sedaris
-->"The Gift: A Novel" by Cecelia Ahern

--> "Bridesmaid Lotto" by Rachel Astor
-->
-->

thanks!!!

i'm off to read... although making the "to-read" list is half the fun! :-)

maria

message 34: by Stacy (new)

FIRST LEADERBOARD

Candace - 10
Nancy - 5

Great start!!

message 35: by Stacy (new)

Maria wrote: "5 pts. - covers

-->"Corduroy Mansions" by Alexander McCall Smith

5.2 – Dating: Read a book that has a man and a wom..."

Glad you have fun with it Maria! :)

message 36: by Meredith (new)

Meredith | 58 comments 10.8 – All I Want For Christmas: AProfessional Career after I graduate this term!! The Lincoln Lawyer by Michael Connelly READ 10 points

message 37: by Julie (new)

Julie Meredith wrote: "10.8 – All I Want For Christmas: AProfessional Career after I graduate this term!! The Lincoln Lawyer by Michael Connelly READ 10 points"

What did you think of that one Meredith? I have had that one on my shelf for a while.....

message 38: by Meredith (new)

Meredith | 58 comments I recommend this book! In fact, I had a debate about starting his lincoln lawyer series for the challenge. I opted for the Red dress ink series instead--but I read this book all the way through in two days!

M

Julie wrote: "Meredith wrote: "10.8 – All I Want For Christmas: AProfessional Career after I graduate this term!! The Lincoln Lawyer by Michael Connelly READ 10 points"

What did you think of that one Meredith? ..."

message 39: by Julie (new)

Julie Meredith wrote: "I recommend this book! In fact, I had a debate about starting his lincoln lawyer series for the challenge. I opted for the Red dress ink series instead--but I read this book all the way through in ..."

So many books, so little time! UGH :)

message 40: by Kourtney (last edited Nov 11, 2012 09:30AM) (new)

Kourtney (familywithbooks) | 1215 comments Here is my list!

5 pts. - covers
5.1 – Home Sweet Home: A Desirable Residence by Madeleine Wickham
5.2 – Dating: Italian for Beginners by Kristin Harmel
5.3 – Pet Love: The Lucky Dog Matchmaking Service by Beth Kendrick
5.4 – Presents!: Here Today, Gone to Maui by Carol Snow (trip to a tropical/beach)
5.5 – I Can See Clearly Now: Model Student by Robin Hazelwood
5.6 – Brrrrrr!!!: Good Enough to Eat by Stacey Ballis
5.7 – Fashionable: I’m With Stupid by Elaine Szewczyk
5.8 – What Are You?: Asking for Trouble by Elizabeth Young (oh yeah – I have a classy name!)
5.10 – Mirror, Mirror On the Wall: Beyond the Blonde by Kathleen Flynn-Hui

10 pts. - titles
10.1 – My Name Is: The Guy Not Taken: Stories by Jennifer Weiner
10.2 – My Name Is – Part Two: The Key by Jennifer Sturman
10.4 – How Many Words? – To The Moon and Back by Jill Mansell (Kourt)
10.5 – Recommended: Matched by Ally Condie
10.6 – Once Upon a Time: The Cinderella Rules by Donna Kauffman
10.7 – NUM83RS – 20 Times a Lady by Karyn Bosnak
10.8 – All I Want For Christmas: Little Black Dress by Susan McBride
10.9 – We Are Family—Mothers and Other Liars by Amy Bourret
10.10 – What Goes Up, Must Come Down—Bound South by Susan Rebecca White

15 pts. - authors
15.1 – Trying Something New: Live a Little by Kim Green & Tip It by Maggie Griffin
15.2 – Sticking With the Old: 40 Love by Madeleine Wickham & Wicked Jealous by Robin Palmer
15.3 – Family Ties: Fabulously Fashionable by Holly McQueen & Class Mothers by Katherine Stewart
15.4 – Family Ties 2.0: Confetti Confidential by Holly McQueen & Between the Lines by Jodi Picoult

25 pts. – combined
25.1 – Halloween: Girls Guide to Witchcraft by Mindy Klasky, Sorcery and the Single Girl by Mindy Klasky, & The Finishing Touches by Hester Browne
25.3 – Christmas: Secrets of the Model Dorm by Amanda Kerlin (red) one whose title has something “Christmasy” in the title, and one whose author’s first or last initial starts with C (for Christmas) or D (for December)
25.4 – Start a new series – The Lying Game, Never Have I Ever, and Two Truths and a Lie by Sara Shepard

5/310 points
4/40 books

message 41: by Candace (new)

15.1 – Trying Something New: Bear, Otter, and the Kid by TJ Klune – 10/8/12 & Faith and Fidelity by Tere Michaels – 10/7/12

25/310 points
3/40 books

message 42: by Eva (new)

Eva | 259 comments Task Completed:

15.2 – Sticking With the Old:
De brief voor de Koning - Tonke Dragt
Calling Romeo - Alexandra Potter

15/310 points
2/40 books

message 43: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nicole21) | 573 comments 15.1: And She Was by Alison Gaylin & The Gemini Virus by Wil Mara

15/310

message 44: by Jencey/ (new)

Jencey/ (jencey) | 754 comments Task Completed!: 5.2 – Dating: Happy Ever After by Nora Roberts

books 2/40

points 5/310

message 45: by Tina (new)

Tina | 323 comments Task Completed:

5.2 – Dating: Sleeping Arrangements by Madeleine Wickham

5/310 points
2/40 books

message 46: by Stacy (new)

Meredith wrote: "I recommend this book! In fact, I had a debate about starting his lincoln lawyer series for the challenge. I opted for the Red dress ink series instead--but I read this book all the way through in ..."

Wow, I didn't realize it was a series....I may have to check it out! :)

message 47: by Stacy (new)

Kourtney wrote: "Here is my list!

5 pts. - covers
5.1 – Home Sweet Home: A Desirable Residence by Madeleine Wickham
5.2 – Dating: Italian for Beginners by Kristin Harmel
5.3 – Pet Love: The Lucky Dog Matchmaking S..."

Yay! Kourt is back in the game! :)

message 48: by Eva (new)

Eva | 259 comments Task Completed:

5.6 – Brrrrrr!!!: De sneeuwman (The Snowman) – R.L. Stine

20/310 points
3/40 books

message 49: by Tara (new)

Tara TASK COMPLETED

5.1 Home Sweet Home-Welcome to Serenity-Sherryl Woods(apt building on the front cover)
Welcome To Serenity (The Sweet Magnolias #4) by Sherryl Woods

5/310 points
1/40 books

message 50: by Candace (new)

5.1 – Home Sweet Home: Who We Are by TJ Klune - 10/10/12

30/310 points
4/40 books

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7