Seduced in the Dark (The Dark Duet, #2) Seduced in the Dark discussion

My not so humble review on *the* best book I've ever read...

Comments Showing 1-50 of 58 (58 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Sarah my review of THE best book I've EVER read... http://sarahsabblog.blogspot.com/2012...

Alexis I agree-it has been 2 weeks since I read the book. I absolutely loved it. I cried 5 times.

Sarah LOL!!! I tried not to cry at the end because my hubby was snoozing on the couch next to me while I read, I didn't want to wake him or he'd think I was a nut job for bawling over a book!!!! LOL! BEST ending ever!!! I loved it!

Alexis Well, 3 of the times were when I was explaining it to other people. This is such a great series, I wish more people would get past the the main subject and enjoy it. I just loaned it to one of my friends...I hope she loves it as much as I did. I told her I need someone to discuss it with.

Sarah I sweetly asked my hubby to read it (kindle) and although he gave slight interest, I'm not sure he will. It's not the subject matter, I think it's just the lack of time. And yes... I completely agree about people just giving it a chance. Such a fantastic story!!

MK~ Picky Girl This is such an awesome series! I've suggested it to only a few people though. I guess I'm selective with whom I'm recommending this book to. Only those who are open minded and could put their opinions to the side and enjoy it for what it is. An amazing story of love and redemption with whole lot of steamy action ;)

Thea I like the series.

In my honest opinion, it could have extended to become a trilogy with the whole Caleb/James backstory. However, I'm pleasantly surprised that she didn't extended the series.

Sarah Oh I'm sincerely grateful there isn't any other books with Caleb and Kitten! LOL! It was such a dramatic and emotionally exhausting two books that I don't know if I could honestly survive through another book! LOL! Let a woman have her break down in peace! :D

MK~ Picky Girl Just read on C.J. Roberts' website that she is currently writing another book about Agent Reed! I would love to read more about that side story.

Kristina While i completely ADORE the story, and while all the messed up details just made the ending all the sweeter,I feel like if Caleb did die by the end of the book, it would've made all the things he did to Livvie really sink in and be heavy - because, lets face it, slavery is a heavy subject. But by making Caleb live, I think that we are overlooking and maybe even forgetting how much he tormented her and humiliated her and tortured her; because we are focusing on how he's doing a bang-up job on redeeming himself. Am i making sense? Or am I nuts?

Sarah You're nuts hahahah!!!! No, really, when I read at the very beginning how she said he died in her arms, I have to admit, it intrigued me and crushed me simultaneously! I wanted and DIDN'T want to read more, I was too scared, but had to know. I was panting towards the end, rushing through the words, I don't even know if they even sunk in, wondering if he were alive or not (and I really hate the spoiler aspect of this convo btw!)... I, for one, understand where you are coming from Kristina, and respect it, but am glad that he did not die. My heart leap, made it "sweet" like you said... I was pleased and it is what made the book stand out in my mind... and Mk, I'm VERY pleased to hear that! I can't wait! He intrigued me, BUT that sub-plot left a gross taste in my mouth for some reason. I don't know... maybe I wasn't fond of Sloane?? Not sure.

Alexis I was not a fan of the sub-plot either. I am glad the book ended the way it did as well. I would have been heartbroken if something had happened to Caleb. I wish there was a discussion group on this book or something like it. I could talk about this book all day long.

Sarah Oh I could too Alexis! LOL! Yeah... that sub plot, I was thinking to myself WHY....? It was not necessary for me. Just hinting at Reed's extracurriculars was enough for me... I didn't think it was necessary to bring Sloane into it honestly... it was like Kitten was surrounded by sexual deviants or something... NO one around her was really "normal" (what is normal, I know... but ykwim!)...

Alexis I really hope that a publishing company finds out about this series...I would love for the author to get the credit that she deserves. I loved all of the other series like Thoughtless, Love Unscripted, etc., but this one seriously takes the cake.

Sarah I've honestly never really read many indie authors, I guess I could say this is my first?! LOL! But I do have to completely agree. This needs to be picked up by a reputable company... she really deserves it! This small little series needs to be read by way more people!

ATran This series is the f$&cking best series , to DATE!!!! I cried 5 days straight ,after reading it. I listen to the song C.J. Said was for Caleb and Livve and just wanted to DIE!!!!!!!!! LOVED THIS SERIES!!!!! Anyone who hasn't read it ,is missing out on such a beautiful ( unfolds to ) story!!Sighhhhhhhhhhhh

Sarah Completely agree! I wasn't too nutty about it apparently... there is a "song"???

ATran Sarah wrote: "Completely agree! I wasn't too nutty about it apparently... there is a "song"???"

Yes, Kiss Me by ED SHWEEN...... Perfect song!!!!

Sarah Thank you! will check that out! :)

Brenda AWESOME BOOKS. I think I have felt every possible emotion I could feel. I could not stop reading and now that it is finished, I believe this is one of the best books I have ever read and I don't think I will forget this ever.

Alexis That is great news. I can't imagine what the short stories will be about.

message 22: by Kat (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kat Sarah wrote: "Oh I could too Alexis! LOL! Yeah... that sub plot, I was thinking to myself WHY....? It was not necessary for me. Just hinting at Reed's extracurriculars was enough for me... I didn't think it was ..."

I thought something similar Sarah! The fact that they, too, were not exactly vanilla made the story a little less believable. Not exactly sure if it was necessary to snoop into their private lives this much, although I get why it mattered to give them a little ‘body’.

It’s always a little dangerous when minor characters, such as Reed and Sloane, decide to raise their voices and try to claim the story for their own. I’m glad Roberts kept them in check!

Sarah Loederkoningin wrote: "Sarah wrote: "Oh I could too Alexis! LOL! Yeah... that sub plot, I was thinking to myself WHY....? It was not necessary for me. Just hinting at Reed's extracurriculars was enough for me... I didn't..."

I completely agree and couldn't have possibly said it better. It WAS just a sneak peek and it's come to my attention that she's writing about Reed now, which is very exciting! It think it was a great natural progression to write about him next!

message 24: by Kat (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kat I heard those rumors as well! Although I'm not sure how that will work out.. I mean, Reed is pretty interesting, but him being a sub and all. Well errr, talking about a 180 degree change compared to Caleb! ;-p

❤️ Diana ❤️ Mk wrote: "Just read on C.J. Roberts' website that she is currently writing another book about Agent Reed! I would love to read more about that side story."

Ooh very interesting. I was thinking that I could read more about him. Keep us posted

Angela I loved these books. I have referred them to others.

Terri This is now one of my Favorite Love Stories !! Great Story! Did not think i would even like this book, I LOVED IT !!

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

I cant even put in to words how much I loved this series. I feel like doing the "we're not worthy" bow to CJ!

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh and LOATHED the sub-plot. Loved Reed-Hated Sloane. She could have left that out and let Reed's story be told all on its own.

Sarah I love books about tough topics, did I love this book? I did. Do I agree with the things that happened in this book? Absolutely not. Was I happy with the ending? Yes and No. It just did not feel like true love to me. It felt like someone who had stockholm syndrome.

❤️ Diana ❤️ Sarah wrote: "I love books about tough topics, did I love this book? I did. Do I agree with the things that happened in this book? Absolutely not. Was I happy with the ending? Yes and No. It just did not feel li..."

I thought him letting her go and and get some distance so she could see things as they are showed just how much he loved her. He could easily kept her and she would have stayed but that would coincide with stockholms syndrome. He did let her go, she had time to heal and sort out her feelings and they both still loved each other. So I do think it was true love. It was an incredibly hard book to read because you are right you can't agree with everything. There were times I wanted to scream, but the end, well it couldn't ave been better. He let her go which took a lot

Sleepy I totally agree with you diana!! If she had stayed she probably would have a smidgen of doubt deep in her mind she probably would of ignored but that doubt would probably have been is it real love or not but the fact he let her go of course showed he was so in love with her and the fact she still loved him so much after everything subsided showed it wasn't Stockholm it was her really loving him and wanting to be with him!!! I love this series I'm so glad I read it!!!

Natasha I loved these books!!!! Best Ever, i wanted to cry, cringe, vomit, through the book, not read it... But I couldn't put it down!!!

Terri Atran wrote: "This series is the f$&cking best series , to DATE!!!! I cried 5 days straight ,after reading it. I listen to the song C.J. Said was for Caleb and Livve and just wanted to DIE!!!!!!!!! LOVED THIS SE..."

Totally agree !! Try to convince people all the time to have an open mind about this book. Unfoldes into one great Love Story!

message 35: by Bren (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bren I AM SO GLAD THAT I AM NOT AS CRAZY AS I FEEL AFTER READING ALL OF YOUR STATUS..THIS BOOK HAD BEEN LIKE TEN BOOKS AGO FOR ME AND STILL I CANNOT STOP THINKING OF OLIVIA AND CALEB!! YES BEST FUCKIN BOOK OF THE YEAR.. THIS KNOCKS 5O SHADES OUT OF THE WATER !! EVEN MY HUSBAND WAS INTRIGUED AS I TOLD HIM ABOUT IT BECAUSE THIS SERIES HAS EVERYTHING!!! SUSPENSE, ACTION, LOVE AND GOD SO MANY STEAMY SCENES WITH OUT ANY INTERCOURSE TILL THE VERY END..WOW WOW WOW....STILL IN SHOCK FROM ALL OF MY FEELINGS

message 36: by Mand (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mand This is defo in my top ten best ever books. Loved the story !!!!

Raissa Camille One word to describe this book - WOW. This is the best book I've read so far!! :)

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

I am with you guys, this book far surpasses everything I've read . Emotional rollar-coaster that barely leaves you room to breathe. (Consequences) is the only book that comes close to this one. This book made me feel every emotion possible. Now that is a wonderful writer!

Michelle ♥ The Romance Vault ♥ Cindy wrote: "I am with you guys, this book far surpasses everything I've read . Emotional rollar-coaster that barely leaves you room to breathe. (Consequences) is the only book that comes close to this one. Thi..."

Wow another person that thinks exactly like me, Consequences and Truth are the only two books that can come anywhere near close to touching what Captive and Seduced in the Dark do to your emotions and the incredible story telling.
All four books will stay with me forever and were probably the best books I read in 2012 of this genre.

Melodie The sequel was pure perfection ! I wish the story could go even longer and felt à little bit sad leaving Caleb and LIvvie at the end ...
I really hope the the 3rd book will be released very soon, even though it will focus on agent Reed this time !

Terri Melodie wrote: "The sequel was pure perfection ! I wish the story could go even longer and felt à little bit sad leaving Caleb and LIvvie at the end ...
I really hope the the 3rd book will be released very soon, e..."

I totally understand I did't want it to end either. My heart was beating so fast at the end. But what an ending. One of the best love stories!!!

Melodie There is an Epilogue : http://www.facebook.com/notes/cj-robe... ! And there are rumors saying that there will be another book ! I hope it's true because after reading the excerpt I've been falling even more in love with Caled and Livvie (my favourite dysfunctionnal couple ever !)

Sleepy Melodie wrote: "There is an Epilogue : http://www.facebook.com/notes/cj-robe... ! And there are rumors saying that there will be another book ! I hope it's true because afte..."

Thanks for sharing the link,i loved reading Caleb's POV!

Sleepy yay!! hopefully it has Calebs POV in it!!

Melodie Whoohooooo! Best news of the month !

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Does anyone know when the novella is going to released?

Sleepy it just says march 2013 but no actual date.

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks! I've just added it to my to-read list, so exciting!

Sleepy YW, i'm excited!!

Melodie OMG! In a month ! Super happy! And over excited for another Caleb and Livvie story!

« previous 1