Start by marking “Seduced in the Dark (The Dark Duet, #2)” as Want to Read:
Seduced in the Dark (The Dark Duet, #2)

Seduced in the Dark

(The Dark Duet #2)

4.29  ·  Rating details ·  52,700 ratings  ·  4,128 reviews
BOOK TWO OF THE DARK DUET
The exciting, titillating, and action-filled conclusion to Captive in the Dark.

What is the price of redemption?

Rescued from sexual slavery by a mysterious Pakistani officer, Caleb carries the weight of a debt that must be paid in blood.

The road has been long and fraught with uncertainty, but for Caleb and L
Published August 30th 2012 by Neurotica Books

Captive in the Dark by C.J. RobertsSeduced in the Dark by C.J. RobertsComfort Food by Kitty ThomasMercy by Lucian BaneConsequences by Aleatha Romig
The Darker Side
1,128 books — 3,514 voters
Captive in the Dark by C.J. RobertsSeduced in the Dark by C.J. RobertsForbidden by Tabitha SuzumaConsequences by Aleatha RomigComfort Food by Kitty Thomas
Taboo Reads
1,424 books — 2,464 voters

More lists with this book...

·  52,700 ratings  ·  4,128 reviews

Start your review of Seduced in the Dark (The Dark Duet, #2)
C.J. Roberts
Apr 22, 2012 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
EDIT AUGUST 31, 2012:
Book comes out at 12:01 EST and I just wanted to say, one more time: THANK YOU ALL FOR THE MOST AMAZING YEAR!

To my Kickstarter contributors who funded me while I wrote this book - I won't forget you and you are immortal in your special edition copies. Thank you so much for respecting my wishes and holding off on your reviews until official release. Thank you for not spoiling this story. And thank you...for being the most amazing fans - ever.

----
Aestas Book Blog
Sep 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

5 DARK, EMOTIONALLY MINDFUCKING STARS!!!!!!

“Some stories aren’t black and white…”

W.O.W. This series blew me away. I can barely process thought after reading this book.

CJ Roberts has written an outstanding novel with a twisted and yet beautiful love story, multi-layered, complex characters that will test the boundaries of your heart and mind, a plot that will captivate and disturb you but at the same time leave you unable to turn away, and a raw, gritty, brutal world of betrayal, revenge, honor, lust, andbook.
STARS!!!!!!
Fathima

BEST.FUCKING.BOOK.EVER !!!!

Firstly , before I get on with this review , CJ love this is for you

Oh my dear lord , I am out of words to describe what an amazing book this has turned out to be . Honestly speaking and no offense to reviewers who have reviewed it words cannot comply or even describe or make you realize how good this book is . I mean , no matter what I write here or what you've already read about it can in no way make you experience the intensity of this story . Its up to
Clumsy Storyteller
“She kisses my scars and I create new ones for her.”

CJ Roberts has done it again and captivated my senses in her second book of the dark duet series, I just loved this book so much it was such wild ride , I loved the first book but this one damn it’s so much better, i can’t believe what did i just read i’m mind-blown right now the story keeps getting better and better.

The writting was so good i know i'm not giving you what the book is all about but i think i need some time to wrap my mind about wh
Debra

"Once upon a time, Caleb held me captive in the dark, now he used it to seduce me."

And the story of Caleb and Livvie continues...

Again, it's a very intense, dark, powerful and highly captivating story that constantly kept me on the edge of my seat while reading it. To be honest, this book probably wasn't that good for my mental health...the last few chapters got me so worked up and I was so anxious to finish it that I nearly felt like crying if I didn't find out soon how the story ended... but after all, I was soooo
~ Becs ~
‘If it be thus to dream, still let me sleep’ – William Shakespeare

At long last, the much anticipated second instalment of the Dark Duet and if you thought Captive in the Dark took your breath away, then Seduced in the Dark will stop your heart.

It’s such an incredible story with so many unexpected, unforeseen twists that even up until the last few pages, I couldn’t see how it would end. There’s such great depth to the story that you just don’t find very often in a lot of sex-slavery sty
Kristin (KC) - Traveling Sister
He told her he wasn't her prince charming, but what he hadn't said, was he wished he could be...

Many readers struggle to decide whether or not this series is one they'd recommend due to its explicit, no-holds-barred topics and darkly disturbing scenarios--and rightfully so. Upon completion of this emotionally conflicting series, I can safely say that I in fact WOULD recommend these books; although not without fair warning.

As you have probably already discovered, these books are not easy reads. Cap
xrysa
Sep 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing

After all these is it possible for her to move on?

Is he a monster?

“Once upon a time, Caleb held me caclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
“Onceclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
Is-Caleb”
After
Stacia (the 2010 club)
Jun 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone who can handle dark and disturbing books
"Kitten," he said, "monsters can't love."

By the time I reached the halfway point of this book, I was ready to slap a big fat 1 star rating on this review and write a vengeful spiel. Yes, that's right. 1 star. I was seeing red. I was RAGING with fury.

So, you ask, "why now the 4 star rating?" Well, let's see...
It felt wrong to fantasize about such things - but Caleb didn't care. Fantasies were all he could have and no one could take them from him.

This book would have been complete shit without Caleb's point of vi
see...
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
description

I was totally blown away by Seduced in the Dark!!
It's a dark read and I felt irritation,disgust and shock..
But in the same time it hooked me completely!It was intense in a total mind fuck!!It was disturbing and hot to the same time..
I never thought I would like it,but I loved it!It makes me feel things I had never felt!!

Caleb and Livvie's journey was one of the most painful things I've ever read..Their story is beyond disturbing,scary and sad..

“In the dark, he seduced me.I didn't want the seduction to end.”

description

I was totally blown away by Seduced in the Dark!!
It's a dark read and I felt irritation,disgust and shock..

“In the dark, he seduced me.I didn't want the seduction to end.”

description

Livvie is safe and she's in the custody of the FBI.Livvie begins to tell Agent Reed and Dr.Sloan her story...
We go back and forth between the time period and the present time with Livvie at the FBI and then way in the past when Caleb was young.This  genius way of telling the story will keep you completely hooked!!

Livie was brave,witty,strong,patient,fighter,loyal and most of all she truly was a survivor!!

OMG!!Caleb...I fell in love for the boy he once was..My heart broke when I read his story and I hated the man he became while trying to be what Rafic expected of him...There are times when you will absolutely hate him and wonder why Olivia would even fall in love with him.But then in the end for me he is worthy of her love...

description

What I enjoyed most about this book was reading about Caleb and Livvie falling in love.The sweet moments he would let her call him by his name and he would call her Livvie and not Pet.They were so tender and real, giving the book such emotion..
Loved every emotion this book gave me

description

“Kiss me,” she whispered. It was an offer of distraction.He took it."
"Please Caleb!"I sobbed loudly."Don't do this.Take me and let's go.Let's leave."
"There.Now you're part of me forever.You're mine Livie.I hope you understand."

description

I was wondering how is this all going to end??

This is the most important thing about this book!!
It gives you a happy ending and you remember happy things about it at the end...

Jasmine
5 KITTEN STARS ★★★★★

“He was there to tell me I was beautiful. He was there to tell me I was going to be okay. In the dark, he seduced me. I didn’t want the seduction to end.”

WOW. This book just catapulted the series from a 3.5 stars to a 5 stars one for me. So to say that I am completely blown away by this read is mildly putting it. Honestly after seeing all the buzz on this series and not entirelyclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
Sammy Loves Books
Dealing with Caleb was all about perspective. You couldn’t appreciate his kindness until you’d felt his cruelty.

belt

What a Wicked Erotic Feast!! Holy Hell, I am a sick fuck!! How can my heart belong to murdering, human trafficking, rapist!?!? And not only did I fall for him, I wanted him to have a HEA befitting a true hero. But Caleb is no prince charming. He is the monster that nightmares are made of.

Caleb
caleb

Olivia has been through hell. She's been beaten, abducted, raped, and told that she will become a sex slavof.
Rhonda
Apr 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
http://samsawesomness.blogspot.com/20... *Spoiler Free*

"His touch was simple, but specific, meant to show me he could be like a lover, gentle, intimate, but also that he was a man unaccustomed to hearing the word no. Yes. I understood. He was a man, and I? I was nothing but a girl, not even a woman. I was meant to fall at his feet and worship at the altar of his masculinity, grateful that he’d deigned to acknowledge me. All this, from a simple touch." - C.J. Roberts (Captive in the Dark)

In 2011 I ran across a book called/>
Kellie Maddox-Ward
**This review contains swearing! be warned..

*Opens mouth*
*closes mouth*
*Opens mouth*
THAT WAS FAN-FUCKIN-TASTIC!
SERIOUSLY DISTURBING BUT FUCKING PHENOMENAL

I feel like.. It was… ARRGGH I can’t even form a proper sentence! I’m still stuck with Kitten and Caleb.
I shouldn’t love it.
I mean he is a sick fuck, a child stolen from his parents, sold as a whore and then trained to a cold heamouth*
Tara
Oct 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-books
Jesus H...I am gutted. I can't even function right now. There will never be another story I will love as much. Holy hell CJ. Just...wow. I have no words that would do this story justice. No words.
Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog
FIVE++ EMOTIONALLY RAW & EROTIC STARS

“Live for me, Kitten. Be all those things you’d never be with me. Go to school. Meet a normal boy and fall in love. Forget me.”

**Sob, sob, sob, sob** Oh God, just typing those words makes me cry. I fucking loved this book. I love it so much. I can’t believe it’s over. I felt nothing but hollow inside after it was done. Whatever words that I spew out for this review will never do it justice.

Never had I wanted to laugh, and weep, and fuck, and devour another humSTARS
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
Jul 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
5 EROTICALLY DARK AND DEMENTED STARS.

There are the kinds of books that come along once in awhile that leave you feeling like you've just had a mind, body and soul experience! The second book in the Dark Duet Series, Seduced in the Dark is that kind of book. As I was reading the book I felt so many intense emotions. It was brilliantly mind numbing, gripping and dark.

"Tears ran down my face unabashed, but I didn't move to wipe them away. I had earned those tears, and I would we/>
Sandy ღCoffee Addict Booksღ

"5 Mine! stars"
“Mine.
The word was a declaration. It rocked him to his very foundation. It was a truth he’d kept hidden for far too long. Caleb didn’t know anything about love, or loving anyone, but he knew… Livvie was his.”
This is one of those times where I struggle to write a review to express my mountain size feelings in words. Until a few months back I was terrified of reading anything DARK even ifclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
Alexis *Reality Bites*
Spoiler Free Review
5 STARS out of 5
Genre: Adult Romance-Erotica/BDSM
Series: Book #2 in The Dark Duet series

"Answer my question, what could I do with you?"

"Anything! Fucking Anything!"
she sobbed wetly.

"Yes I could do anything to you. I could throw you face down and fuck you until you can't stand and there would be nothing you could do about it. You're beaten, bruised and damn near broken. I could kill you...."
-Caleb and Livvie in Seduced in the Dark

Dare I say PERFECT
Yes i believe I/>Darewetly.
"Answer
Juls
May 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
WOW! Just WOW! PRAISE THE ALMIGHTY CJ ROBERTS. BOW DOWN TO HER!!! ;)

Never in my life have I felt so consumed in a story.  I felt it all.  The guilt, the jealousy, the sorrow, and at the end of it all I felt the desperation and need to run away from it.

Ms. Roberts has an amazing way of weaving a story to keep the reader guessing at which way the story will go.  There are so many twists and turns that you almost get whiplash from the force of the revelations.  And boy are the
Annie Brewer
WOW WOW WOW I can't stop crying. This was....it was....I just. Gah, my emotions are everywhere right now. I seriously need time to process what I just read. Maybe tomorrow I can write a proper review. But holy shit. I love Caleb. LOVE him!!!! A-Fucking-Mazing!!!!!!

“Once upon a time, Caleb held me captive in the dark, now he used it to seduce me.”

Well, I just realized I never did my review for Captive in the Dark. So I will have to rectify the situation-what an absurd ordeal. T
Aleatha Romig
Nov 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely amazing! I have not been this captivated by a book, by a series, in years! Thank you to everyone who told me to read these. The bad news...I've neglected so many other things, like sleep, for the past few days! I needed to get lost in a book like I did this one, actually two.
Caleb is one sick mother... so how can I be so smitten with him? The way this book starts broke my heart! No spoilers but one review I read helped me "compartmentalize" my grief and move on. Let's just say it wor
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Apr 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adult
**DOES NOT CONTAIN SPOILERS**

Check out our blog for our video interview with CJ Roberts: http://totallybookedblog.com/2012/08/...

This was definitely one of the most gut-wrenchingly difficult, raw, brutal, thought provoking and emotional reads I have ever sat through. There were times I thought I couldn’t go on and my resolve was sorely tested

My chest ached, my stomach was in knots and more than once I felt physically sick with the anticipation of what was about to happen.

Reading this book I
Akanksha❤ Søren♰
kiss

This book is DARK and very captivating, crazy good, deep and it will probably make your therapist rich!

“He had told her he wasn't her Prince Charming, but what he hadn't said, was he wished he could be

Yupp, Thats Caleb! A dark knight... A zombie with a heart beat, A monster just like 'Beast' from Beauty and the Beast. A monster with a heart of gold.

We want what we cannot have. For Eve, it was the fruit of the forbidden tree. For Calegold.
Werich!
Mona
Jun 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Dark Read Lovers!
Shelves: favorites
"You could not sell me...I could stay with you...be with you?"

description

Vivisected. On-off-buzz-buzz-on-off. Caleb I miss you.

description

I didn't expect this story to begin the way it did. Maybe if I had known, I wouldn't have hesitated for so long before starting this. I expected to start where I left off in Captive in the Dark, scared of Rafiq's arrival, but to my surprise I was pushed into the present and all my questions on how Livvie and Caleb's story unfolded were left in the past, to be revealed later on in the book.
Pam
5++ stars
”If it be thus to dream, still let me sleep.”

Seduction in the Dark begins with Livvie waking up in a hospital having survived the final days of her captivity, everything is a blur and as the story goes we re-live the events that led her to how she got to where she is today. At first she’s not ready; she is holding herself captive by staying silent. She’s grieving, her master is gone and she is all alone.
Slowly, I crawl under my covers. I want to go back to sleep. I want to be with Caleb agai
stars
Susan
“I’m yours,” she said, but then added, “only yours. And you’re mine, only mine.” - Livvie

As good as it is, the first book in this duet, Captive in the Dark seems but a mere warm-up to the ingeniously told story, beautifully complex character development of both Caleb and Livvie (Kitten), soul searing emotion, torrid eroticism and unexpected conclusion found in Seduced in the Dark. I was beguiled, invested and not a little heartbroken from the first word of this book.

The reader finds Livvie in the throes of a mental brea
Elle
4.5* the last of us STARS!!

*After read the first chapter*
description

I kept chanting in my head that isn't really happened.

Previously on Captive in the Dark... Livvie thinks she could change his mind to keep her but Caleb still insist to sell her for revenge. Caleb trained Livvie to be a perfect obedient slave but she managed to survive him. For now.
“Some stories aren't black and white.”

It begins when Livvie was rescued plnow.
Lo Bookfrantic
Aug 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-review-ng
I need a minute WOW that was a complete rollercoaster ride...I feel like I can finally breathe.

Let me just start with
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Confusion, anxiety, angst, ugly cry, anger, RAGE, and excitement!! Yes I felt all of these things.

At first I was so confused with the now and then just going back and forth I was having a hard time keeping up. We meet two new characters so I was like wtf?! Where's Caleb, what's going on? Lol

Let me just start with

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

But once I finally got into the story it consumed me and I devoured it in a day I just needed answers and I knew I had to finish it.

My Caleb
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Well as always he was frustrating as hell. I went from loving him to hating him to loving him to wanting to hurt him lol. The things he made Kitten go thru made me want to go bat shit on him lol

My Olivia
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

She was frustrating because she never stopped crying from beginning to end. However, she was strong in a way because she survived and I appreciate that fact. She was a survivor. And when she made Caleb jealous I was flipping excited! That's my girl. Ha!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

We learned more about Caleb thru our bad ass FBI detective Matthew. I really liked him and I felt he did good on Livvie's side. I was a mess when I found out about Caleb's past. My heart was completely broken and I just couldn't breathe. At that point my chest hurt, my stomach was empty and my throat was in knots. It was hard to finish without choking. Lol
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I feel like the end was rushed a little bit but I liked it so I'm looking forward to reading the next books in the series. But as always the love and chemistry was undeniable and I enjoyed it a lot. Those HOT scenes were amazing.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Kitten: "I don't want revenge, Caleb. I don't want to end up like you, letting some fucking vendetta run my life. I just want my freedom. I want to be free, Caleb. Not someone's whore...not even yours."

Caleb: "Kitten...you ask for impossible things"

Caleb: "MINE" "MINE "MINE" "MINE"

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Christy
Sep 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
INTENSE! This book was intense, powerful and ahhhmazing! It was dark and difficult to read at times, I wasn't sure how or if it could compare to the first book. But, I have to say I found it to be just as good, maybe even better!
Caleb My monster with a heart of gold <3 I'm not sure what I can even say about him at this point... Every feeling I had about him in this book intensified. At times my love, and at other times my hate. I could see how Livvie would feel so torn about him. (vie/>
what is the best human trafficking book you read ?? 24 260 Oct 31, 2018 10:18AM
A BOOK AS HOT AND GOOD AS THIS ONE? ANY SUGGESTIONS? 53 707 Oct 30, 2018 11:55PM
My not so humble review on *the* best book I've ever read... 58 832 Mar 14, 2015 10:17AM
Master , Slave books 4 97 Oct 23, 2014 01:57PM
Books I Loathed: Haters gonna hate 7 220 May 30, 2014 03:23AM
The Happy Housewi...: Seduced in the Dark (The Dark Duet #2) 10 21 Apr 27, 2014 02:16PM

• Comfort Food
  • Mile High (Up in the Air, #2)
  • Truth (Consequences, #2)
  • Quintessentially Q (Monsters in the Dark, #2)
  • Love Unscripted (Love, #1)
  • Gabriel's Rapture (Gabriel's Inferno, #2)
  • On Every Street (The Artists Trilogy, #0.5)
  • The Angel (The Original Sinners, #2)
  • The Reluctant Dom (Suncoast Society, #4)
  • This Man Confessed (This Man, #3)
  • Effortless (Thoughtless, #2)
  • Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1)
  • All In (The Blackstone Affair, #2)
  • Down to You (The Bad Boys, #1)
  • Reflected in You (Crossfire, #2)
  • Tears of Tess (Monsters in the Dark, #1)
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
  • Grounded (Up in the Air, #3)
CJ Roberts is an independent writer. She favors dark and erotic stories with taboo twists. Her work has been called sexy and disturbing in the same sentence.

Her debut novel, CAPTIVE IN THE DARK, has sold over 150,000 copies and is the first of three books in her bestselling and award winning series DARK DUET.

She was born and raised in Southern California. Following high school,

The Dark Duet (3 books)
  • Captive in the Dark (The Dark Duet, #1)
  • Epilogue (The Dark Duet, #3)
“I love you, Caleb. I love you! If you care for me at all... please, don't do this! Please, don't leave me. I don't know how to live without you. Don't make me go back to trying to be someone I don't know how to be anymore. - Livvie” 292 likes
“I've been doing this a long time- manipulating people to get my way. That's why you think you love me. Because I've broken you down and built you back up to believe it. It wasn't an accident. Once you leave this behind..... you'll see that. -Caleb” 269 likes