The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5) The Last Olympian discussion

Luke Castellan: Traitor?Innocent?Guilty? Or Hero?

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Weiting He's innocent and a hero.
I mean, it's not like he had a choice that Kronos manipulated him!
And..he killed himself with Annabeth's knife to kill Kronos. And he dies as a hero.
So he deserves to be with Beckendorf in Elysium, or that's what the party paradise place is called.
And wouldn't it be great if Nico could report messages from him to Percy and etc..?
(P.S. Isn't Nico a great character?)

Halle Luke Castellan: Traitorous Hero
Kronos did not have him under a spell or anything. And you get Elysium after trying at life three times I'm pretty sure.

Bruce What a realistic character! Think someone (maybe you, or someone you know) that has a rotten childhood, maybe forced into the streets as a youngster, maybe joins a gang, etc. I see a good comparison and it shows how we as humans, we are not totally good, or totally evil. We have reasons why we do what we do, though they may not be perceived as legit by anyone but ourselves. Great character sketch!

Gabby H-E-R-O!!!

and i will never think differently!

Kathy ♡ Traitor/Hero (Mostly Hero :D) He was partly a traitor because when Kronos manipulated his mind, he probably could've stopped himself from all of the bad things he's done. He's a hero because he died to kill Kronos. So he died as a hero. =)

Tess all of the above.

Snigdha Deva Let's start off with. Yeah, Nico's awesome! I was so sad when *spoiler* Gaea kidnapped him. I hope Percy finds him in MoA. I'd die if he dies.

Luke was a very brave person. But brave people get attracted to power. So, he was a traitor but he died a hero.

Kushd4703 Luke was not a traitor, he was just minipulated by Kronos. Then Kronos took over his body and Luke was basiclly left in his shadow. But twords the end of the story, Annebeth started telling Luke to try and fight Kronos and take back control of his body, so that they could defeat Kronos. Luke took control and sacrificed himself to defeat Kronos. He took Annebeth's dagger and jabbed it into his armpit since that was where his connection was. This is what makes Luke a hero and not a traitor.

message 10: by Mic (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mic Luke can be compared to the helper of Kronos.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

okay, Tartarus is punishment. Fields of Aspholt is average living. Fields of Elysium is reward, and you can choose to be reincarnated once to get there if you want. If you get into Elysium three lives in a row, then you go to Isles of the Blest.

Elizabeth Day He is a traitor. But he is probably not guilty. Kronos had a way of getting into those kids' minds. Luke was brainwashed. So he is a traitor, but certainly not guilty, probably.

message 13: by Halle (last edited Sep 21, 2012 07:29PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Halle Ahem, not brainwashed. At least I don't remember him being actually brainwashed..

Clara Halle wrote: "Luke Castellan: Traitorous Hero
Kronos did not have him under a spell or anything. And you get Elysium after trying at life three times I'm pretty sure."

No Isle of the Blest is what you have to be reborn three times for.

Elizabeth Day Halle wrote: "Ahem, not brainwashed. At least I don't remember him being actually brainwashed.."

Yeah, not brainwashed, but do you get what I'm trying to say? Maybe I wasn't totally clear when I said that.... I mean, Kronos has a way of making it all sound good and like they're doing the right thing. You know?

Spencer He is not totally inocent, but I think he reedeemed himself by saving everybody.

Zeterniouss HERO AND GUILTY!! hes a guilty hero, a guero.
Guilty for:
1)allowing kronos to manipulate his mind for so long
2)agreeing with kronos in the very beginning but soon comes to his senses
3)not fighting back
Hero:
1)Killed himself to save evryone(mainly annabeth)

i suppose, he's a traitor/hero or innocent traitor. HE IS ALL OF THOSE!!!

johanna Well, he obviously wasn't a hero before, he was a guilty traitor, but at the end he made the right decision, and that's what matters.

Cecilia Carreon A hero really! We all want him to be because of Annabeths love for him, and with everything he went through with his mom and all. A takes a true hero to right your wrongs.

That Nico kid always gave me the creeps. Sorry to say but he is just to powerful and too much like his dad.

johanna Elizabeth wrote: "He is a traitor. But he is probably not guilty. Kronos had a way of getting into those kids' minds. Luke was brainwashed. So he is a traitor, but certainly not guilty, probably."

How can you be a traitor without being guilty? Look, maybe near the end Kronos took over, but who's choice was it to give Percy the boots that were supposed to take him to his death? Who's choice was it to see Percy and his friends killed in a duel? I don't think Kronos had affected his mind at all at that point, I think it was just his own power-greedy mind. Luke didn't make the right decision until the very end.

george ☽ Um, traitor, though he died a hero's death. But right up until then, he was a guilty traitor. I find him fascinating though, how his insecurites led to him working for Kronos and betraying all that he knew.

message 23: by Leah (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leah Guilty traitor. No doubt.

message 24: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 24, 2012 06:06PM) (new)

MIXED UP IN THE HEAD. I totally thought he was a traitor but at the end he was SORT OF a hero but im still not sure. He wasn't under a spell. he willingly abandoned annabeth and he gave percy the flying shoes because he WANTED him to go to tartarus, AND that wasn't the only time he tried to kill percy because he also tried killing him with the scorpion.

message 25: by Tess (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tess Why are you asking a question you know the answer to. Luke is a traitor because he stole the lightning bolt and all that good stuff. He's innocent because he didn't know what he was getting into like hosting Kronos. He's guilty because he helped start a war by bringing back kronos. He's a hero because he fought kronos's over whelming power and killing himself. sooooo, all of the above.

message 26: by Zoe (new) - rated it 5 stars

Zoe Taurus I think that luke is a hero in the end because he sacrifices his life to save them. If he wanted to he could have let Kronos kill him and had his dream be achieved. What he did was very noble since he trusted percy to stop all the bloodshed. I also think that he came back (for the isles of the blest)as Orion and orion will do the same thing as luke.

message 27: by Azka (new) - rated it 5 stars

Azka HERO!!!!!!!!
Honestly:he was my fav character and i will never change my thoughts about him

message 28: by Cara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cara He's a traitor, but he died as a hero so he's only mostly disgusting, not all the way.

Ashley Carebear wrote: "He's a traitor, but he died as a hero so he's only mostly disgusting, not all the way."

I agree.

message 30: by Tom (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tom Byebye he is kronos himself and i am glad he disappeared

message 31: by Tom (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tom Byebye Leah wrote: "Guilty traitor. No doubt."

agreed

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

T͚͟͞H͚͟͞k͚aͧ͞Ek͋L͛w͊o͚͛͋a͎⃜͗g⃜y᷂⃜T⃜v͇⃜ wrote: "HERO AND GUILTY!! hes a guilty hero, a guero.
Guilty for:
1)allowing kronos to manipulate his mind for so long
2)agreeing with kronos in the very beginning but soon comes to his senses
3)not fight..."

lol

message 33: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 11, 2012 04:12PM) (new)

I think Luke was a traitor/guilty but in the end he was a hero. And he was never really innocent...

message 34: by Leah (new) - rated it 4 stars

Leah reick all off above b/c he wasn't all bad. but he let his anger get the best of him like all humen even demigods people make mistakes at least he fixed his mistake that's what i call a hero

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

He's my hero.

Anyone brave and chivalrous enough to betray everyone and then get possessed qualifies as a good guy in my book.

message 36: by Wiki123 (new)

Wiki123 Luke was a traitor in the beggining because he betrayed his friends and family but in the end he was a hero because of stabbing himself to save the world also please stop being offensive to Nico I mean he isn't real but you might offend Rick Riordan what if it's his favourite charecter?

Cleopatraselene2 Hero. He was trying to help demigods. If you look at it in the scheme of things, the Olympians were almost as bad as the titans. Plus, if you read the Demigod Diaries, it is the timing of the prophecy that just happened to line up with Luke.

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

He was a traitor, but he died a hero. And I agree with you Cleopatraselene2. The Olympians were almost as bad as the Titans.

And as for the whole Underworld thing at the beginning, Beckendorf reached Elysium. That's where all the heroes go. If someone is reborn three times, and reaches Elysium all three times, they go to the Isles of Delphi. A.K.A Paradise.

Trenton traitor and only a traitor everything was hid fault because he is a traitor yeah he died to save them and blah blah blah but they wouldn't have to be saved if he had not have screwed up so luke you are a traitor

Trenton *his fault sorry