Q&A with Christine Fonseca discussion

Transcend
This topic is about Transcend
Transcend > Q&A time

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Christine Fonseca (christine_fonseca) | 125 comments Mod
Post your questions about Transcend here. But please, no spoilers...there is another thread for that

SO....Inquiring minds want to know...Who has read this and what was the most surprising moment? The scariest? The most heart wrenching?

Sara | 7 comments I think most of it was heart wrenching. Almost all the times with his mom when she seemed to keep trying to off him. Surprising at the end when we discover the truth about Ien. Definitely heart breaking with Jenna. Was what Ien kept hearing and telling about what his mom had done and said all true or a delusion?

Elle (Ligia) | 4 comments What part (if there was any in particular) was hardest to write? and btw, this is all going to my blog! LOL

Sara wrote: "I think most of it was heart wrenching. Almost all the times with his mom when she seemed to keep trying to off him. Surprising at the end when we discover the truth about Ien. Definitely heart bre..."

I am going to open a "delusions" thread in the spoilers topic...so much I have to say about it

Elle wrote: "What part (if there was any in particular) was hardest to write? and btw, this is all going to my blog! LOL"

The whole thing was a total challenge to write and permanently changed how I even approach crafting stories; something I think you will notice in future works (including Libera Me). But, if I had to cchoose one...I would say it was writing the ending and then weaving the clues back through the story so the reader would BELIEVE the ending

Sylvia How did you separate from the book? Like, how were you able to turn it off to function normally??

Elle (Ligia) | 4 comments Christine wrote: "Elle wrote: "What part (if there was any in particular) was hardest to write? and btw, this is all going to my blog! LOL"

The whole thing was a total challenge to write and permanently changed how..."

Well, I think you did wonderfully! :D

How did you come up with the plot?

Heinzypop wrote: "How did you separate from the book? Like, how were you able to turn it off to function normally??"

Oh man...funny you should ask. It was SO HARD. I got depressed, a little nuts even during heavy writing periods. I watched Criminal Mind non-stop as part of my research, so I never really got a break.

Being a psychologist, I do know how to put a distance in when needed, so I did that. A LOT. And I played Wii with the kids. And tried to find something to laugh about every day.

Elle wrote: "Christine wrote: "Elle wrote: "What part (if there was any in particular) was hardest to write? and btw, this is all going to my blog! LOL"

The whole thing was a total challenge to write and perma..."

Hmm...I think the plot developed organically, starting with the question Why Was He Crazy? The rest fell into place.

Like I mentioned before, I am a really organic writer and I see my job as simply capturing the authentic story already formed with the characters...
so that is what I did.

Sylvia Christine wrote: "Heinzypop wrote: "How did you separate from the book? Like, how were you able to turn it off to function normally??"

Oh man...funny you should ask. It was SO HARD. I got depressed, a little nuts e..."

Yeah I would think it would be difficult to just turn it off..but thank God for kids and their distractions :)

Kids, family, etc....it was a HUGE necessity, especially during the crafting of this book