The Lying Game (The Lying Game, #1) The Lying Game discussion

Do you think I should continue the series?

Comments (showing 1-16 of 16) (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Faith So I have read the first three books and I'm in the process of re-reading them (on the second one at the moment). But the new book came out a month ago and I realized that I'm not that big of a fan of the series. I'm in the process of debating of whether to continue.

But I'm having trouble deciding. I'm not liking that Emma keeps thinking that someone is a killer and realizes, that's not true! But in the next book, she thinks of them as a suspect again! It's honestly frustrating me! But then, I like the book because I loved PLL and the pacing is about the same and I like the mystery about what Sutton did.

So, what do you think? Should I continue? And what do you think of the book (just for other opinions)?

message 2: by Halle (last edited Sep 16, 2012 03:44PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Halle I think it would be impossible for you to not read it. Yeah, you could just look it up on Wiki, but if you're a true reader you'll be dying to know how she found out and what happened in between. I think the fact she's suspicious of everyone and constantly wrong about the murderer is realistic. In real life, a teenage girl would not walk into her sister's life and be like: OMG!! That's the culprit! And yeah, I think I would like Sutton better than Emma.

Faith Halle wrote: "I think it would be impossible for you to not read it. Yeah, you could just look it up on Wiki, but if you're a true reader you'll be dying to know how she found out and what happened in between. I..."

I'll admit, I think I would die to know what happened to Sutton because the theory in PLL was really interestly complicated. I actually didn't think about the realistic part of it.

Thank you for your opinion, you've got an interesting look on the series.

Halle I try.

message 5: by Bre (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bre I don't think so, they're the same book re-written over and over again

Kathy Petrakis I've read five and I feel they are the same thing - I won't read anymore even though I love the style especially when there is no end in sight - PLL is 14 books already - that's just overdone for me, for one mystery.

Love the ideas and love the shows!

Ashley All of her books are amazing. I am hanging by a thread to finish Hide & Seek. My sister took it back to the library so I have to get it again. But I think if you continue reading you'll realize how amazing a writer she is and how her books are so mysterious.

Meredith Martinson Yes you should totally read this series. I have read book one and two and I am loving them!

tatum ♥ Faith wrote: "So I have read the first three books and I'm in the process of re-reading them (on the second one at the moment). But the new book came out a month ago and I realized that I'm not that big of a fan of the series. I'm in the process of debating of whether to continue."

But I'm having trouble deciding. I'm not liking that Emma keeps thinking that someone is a killer and realizes, that's not true! But in the next book, she thinks of them as a suspect again! It's honestly frustrating me! But then, I like the book because I loved PLL and the pacing is about the same and I like the mystery about what Sutton did.

So, what do you think? Should I continue? And what do you think of the book (just for other opinions)?

My Thoughts: Yes read the whole series, I think you may be at the part I was at before, When I was reading the third book I was at a part ( a chapter ) where it was really boring, then a week later I thought I should finish the book anyway so I did, and it turns out that it was just the chapter that was boring so I read the rest of the series and it got waaay better, so trust me you should definetly read the whole series of "The Lying Game". Hey, also does anyone know if the T.V show for "The Lying Game" is good, I saw one episode but I wasn't sure, and what's the rating for the T.V show anyway, PG-13,14+, 18+ ?

Faith I saw a marathon for the show a while back to see what was up with it. it's quite a bit different from the books so u may or may not like it. I guess if u are following the PLL tv series and like it, u might like it.

Joseph Rouhana The thing is with this book ( i havn't read pll) after the first 3 books you know the pattern of sarah's writting so you know that when she starts pushing you into thinking X is 100% sutton's killer AND EMMA IS SOOOO SURE and what ever you just know that's not true and at the end of the book X isn't the murderer so that's what i don't like about the books but I've read them all and even if I knew all along who killed her it was nice finishing it so to sum up, read them , you're kinda gonna get bored a few times but still read them.

Eshana U have to continue it just gets better and better!
You will stay up until u just finish it!

Ashley I think you should continue the series. I have read them all and I have not regretted it .

message 14: by Theresa Ann (last edited May 13, 2014 03:23PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Theresa Ann Casper Nelson I would read them all just to finish it out if you don;t already know who the killer is. If you've already gone and found out, don't bother.

Ashley Yeah but the book is filled with great twist.

message 16: by versa (new) - rated it 1 star

versa Bre wrote: "I don't think so, they're the same book re-written over and over again"

Haha, right? I tried reading all of the PLL books but then I stopped at Wicked and I just felt that the girls would keep making bad decisions and their lives would just get messed up and I just really didn't care to read anymore because the series would go on and on. I feel it'd just be the same.