Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

The Sheol (The Wanderer Trilogy, #1)
This topic is about The Sheol
Book Cover Help > Deleting covers that are wrong

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mia Hoddell (miahoddell) | 5 comments The cover on my book, The Sheol, is wrong. I uploaded an alternate cover edition with the right one but it does not show as the main one, which is frustrating. Is there anyway some could remove the wrong cover and get the new one to show up?

Thanks Mia

message 2: by Banjomike (new)

Banjomike | 5530 comments The edition that shows up as the default, or main one, is the one which has been shelved most often. The cover you see is the one that belongs to that edition.

message 3: by Mia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mia Hoddell (miahoddell) | 5 comments Banjomike wrote: "The edition that shows up as the default, or main one, is the one which has been shelved most often. The cover you see is the one that belongs to that edition."

That cover is no longer in use though and I did not upload it. Is there away to remove it?

message 4: by Krystal109 (new)

Krystal109 | 1086 comments It doesn't matter if it is not in use. If it was ever released with that cover, then it stays.

message 5: by Banjomike (new)

Banjomike | 5530 comments Most covers aren't uploaded by the authors. But if a book has a cover we usually only replace it if it was NEVER used on the book and we have one to replace it with. Logically a book, even an ebook, will have a cover image and that is what we show. The image you want removing is one that is used on several blogs so presumably has been used as the cover.

message 6: by Mia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mia Hoddell (miahoddell) | 5 comments Krystal109 wrote: "It doesn't matter if it is not in use. If it was ever released with that cover, then it stays."

The book was never released officially on any site with that cover. It was used and posted on my blog and that was it, the alternate cover edition is the one I released to places like amazon/smashwords etc.

message 7: by Banjomike (last edited Sep 16, 2012 01:34PM) (new)

Banjomike | 5530 comments Mia wrote: "The book was never released officially on any site with that cover. It was used and posted on my blog and that was it, the alternate cover edition is the one I released to places like amazon/smashwords etc. "

Does the one with the new cover have the same ASIN B007RNROZC

message 8: by Krystal109 (new)

Krystal109 | 1086 comments Sounds like the alternate edition is the official cover and the current one was a placeholder one when you were developing the book.

message 9: by Banjomike (new)

Banjomike | 5530 comments Krystal109 wrote: "Sounds like the alternate edition is the official cover and the current one was a placeholder one when you were developing the book."

In which case the easiest fix might be to switch the requested cover to the default book. Provided the ASIN is the same otherwise it is a different book.

message 10: by Mia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mia Hoddell (miahoddell) | 5 comments Banjomike wrote: "Krystal109 wrote: "Sounds like the alternate edition is the official cover and the current one was a placeholder one when you were developing the book."

In which case the easiest fix might be to s..."

Yes the ASIN is the same. If you could switch the covers that would be great. Thanks for all your help.

message 11: by Banjomike (new)

Banjomike | 5530 comments Mia wrote: "Yes the ASIN is the same. If you could switch the covers that would be great. Thanks for all your help."

OK. Covers swapped.

The default cover is now the less disheveled one:
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/14...
the other edition image might take a little while to update due to Goodreads caching procedures.

It is not impossible that this might be reised by someone further up the hierarchy.

message 12: by Mia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mia Hoddell (miahoddell) | 5 comments OK. Covers swapped.

The default cover is now the less disheveled one:
http:..."

Thank you