Vaginal Fantasy Book Club discussion

Book Discussion & Recommendation > In serious need of a good book

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Taylor (last edited Sep 15, 2012 06:58PM) (new)

Taylor Lowe | 3 comments This is my first time posting so hello everyone, I'm Taylor. As the topic states I really am in need of a good book while I take a break from my own writting.I'm fairly new to the whole genre so not sure what's good or not. What's your suggestions?

message 2: by Sara (new)

Sara (medusasmirror) | 34 comments If you want to dip your toes in and enjoy steampunk I recommend The Iron Duke by Meljean Book. This was an earlier pick in the book club and is fantastic. (Ignore the horrible horrible cover). If you're in the mood for more hard sci-fi I recommend Friday by Robert Heinlein. This was probably my one of my first Vaginal Fantasy sci-fi books. It's got a really great kick-ass female protagonist.

message 3: by Jon (new)

Jon  | 91 comments I'm Not sure what kind of things you're into so break out the list!
Ilona Andrews her Kate Daniels is fantastic and the features a strong female lead.
Ready Player One not really VF but funny and well written.
The Care and Feeding of Stray Vampires I know It's got vampires in it but it's well written and fairly heartwarming. She also does a great werewolf series.
Hope that helps.

message 4: by Sheri (new)

Sheri Ferguson Edmondson | 17 comments Ah... I just read http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/99... and really enjoyed it. It was very inventive and creates a future world where everyone's real life is less interesting than their virtual reality life. I also strongly recommend http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13.... It merges Star Trek and reality in a unique and entertaining way.

Neither is a Vaginal Fantasy, but both are quite entertaining.

message 5: by Sheri (last edited Sep 19, 2012 05:25AM) (new)

Sheri Ferguson Edmondson | 17 comments For some good Vaginal Fantasy, you should try the books by Sherrilyn Kenyon http://www.sherrilynkenyon.com/ and
http://www.goodreads.com/search?utf8=....
They all provide some great VF, are definitely on the fantasy side, and have some great tormented heroes.

I've been to a few book signing events in the past, and what really impressed me was the absolutely ENORMOUS fan base this writer has generated. There were even people in line who had the "double bow and arrow" tattooed on their arms in homage to her Dark Hunter series. And Sherrilyn stayed until well after closing to meet with each and every fan to sign their books. She's a class act, and her books are entertaining.

In my favorite series of hers, Ms. Kenyon writes about Dark Hunters - immortal beings who must hide during the day because the god Apollo hates them. Leading them all is Acheron (who doesn't get his own book until book # 12), a mysterious and tormented god who has the ability to destroy the world.

These books are pure fun.

message 6: by Jen (new)

Jen (ragdyann422) | 9 comments I'm a big fan of Larissa Ione and her Demonica series as well as her newest Four Horsemen series. Sexy demons, sexy horsemen... good times! And Larissa is super nice to boot! :)
http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/...

message 7: by Amber Dawn (new)

Amber Dawn (ginger_bug) | 147 comments Anything Lois McMaster Bujold (especially the Vorkosigan saga)
Kushiel's Dart by Jacqueline Carey (longer, more involved, not light reading, more serious fantasy)
Silent in the Grave by Deanna Raybourn (not smutty, but good characters and fun mystery)
Grimspace by Ann Aguirre (fun space romp w/sexytimes)
Ione's Demonica series is quite entertaining, and really, really smutty (at least in my opinion.)
Gail Carriger's Parasol Protectorate is really good too, fun, funny steampunk

message 8: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Patton | 12 comments Anything Richelle Mead is amazing!!! But be prepared to be hooked :)

message 9: by Alethea (new)

Alethea A (frootjoos) | 17 comments I second Gail Carriger and I'll add The Kingkiller Chronicles by Patrick Rothfuss. It doesn't get vf-y until book 2, I hear, but the first is such a good read.

A Song of Ice & Fire by G.R.R.Martin is sexy and brilliant. Don't go by just the show, which only has about 8% of the books in it.

message 10: by Goliathprime (new)

Goliathprime | 2 comments I recently found an amazing book called "Naked Came the Sasquatch" by John Boston. It's his only book, which is a shame, because it quickly became one of my all-time favorites. It's funny, heartwarming and endearing but doesn't scrimp on action or mystery either.

message 11: by Amber Dawn (new)

Amber Dawn (ginger_bug) | 147 comments Alethea wrote: "I second Gail Carriger and I'll add The Kingkiller Chronicles by Patrick Rothfuss. It doesn't get vf-y until book 2, I hear, but the first is such a good read.

A Song of Ice & Fire by G.R.R.Martin..."

Yes, yes, love Ice & Fire! I have had Rothfuss mightily recommended to me... I will have to check his work out sooner rather than later :)

message 12: by Leah (last edited Sep 27, 2012 11:23PM) (new)

Leah | 100 comments I'm not sure what you're into, so I'll list a few of my favorite books I've read this year. (These are ALL Vaginal Fantasy books)

Shona Husk - The Goblin King
Elizabeth Vaughan - Chronicles of the Warlands
Meredith Duran - The Duke of Shadows
Eloisa James - Fairy Tales series
Gail Carriger - Soulless
Nalini Singh - Guild Hunter series
Sarah MacLean - Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake
Kalayna Price - Alex Craft series

I hope this helps!! Happy reading. :)