Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) Mockingjay discussion


138 views
Did anyone see it from the beginning?

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Since the beginning of the first book I always thought that she would end up with Peeta. Did anyone else see their romance straight from the start?


message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Yea it was kind of obvious


message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I suppose that sorts of wrecks the whole love triangle idea.


message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Well see love triangles are interesting but in the end you almost always know who the girl will end up with. Bella with Edward, Katniss with Peeta, etc. The only book that killed me because I had no idea who the girl would choose was WINGS, that was insane until the end!


message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

What book are you talking about when you say Wings?


message 6: by Nicole D. (last edited Sep 14, 2012 03:41PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nicole D. Baylor wrote: "Well see love triangles are interesting but in the end you almost always know who the girl will end up with. Bella with Edward, Katniss with Peeta, etc. The only book that killed me because I had n..."

I agree with Baylor Most love triangles you usually have a pretty good idea who the guy/girl's going to pick.But in The Infernal Devices series the last book called Clockwork Princess comes out in March.I have no idea if Tessa is going to end up with Will,Jem or neither of them.It is one if not the best love triangle I have ever read.


Brooke The love triangle is not the main purpose of this book... just so you're all aware.

With that said, of course she had to end up with Peeta. Gale would never fully understand what she went through in the Games.


A.l.s. well, after what Gale had become involved with in District 13 there was no other option. she would never be able to get past that.


Annie Ya, I totally did! It is kinda annoying, but in every romance book I have read so far(A lot!)I have always been able to tell who will end up together. It is never a surprise anymore!


Annie Nicole D. wrote: "Baylor wrote: "Well see love triangles are interesting but in the end you almost always know who the girl will end up with. Bella with Edward, Katniss with Peeta, etc. The only book that killed me ..."
i have read a book like that too. I just finished the Selection
The Selection
It was so good because i don't know if America will end up with Maxon or Aspen. Team Maxon!


message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Brooke wrote: "The love triangle is not the main purpose of this book... just so you're all aware.

With that said, of course she had to end up with Peeta. Gale would never fully understand what she went through..."


I know that it isn't the point but it was something that stood out to me when I read the first and second book. The only place where you think she could maybe end up with Gale is when Peeta is hijacked (if ya'll are on this topic you should have read Mockingjay so I'm not going to use spoiler HTML)


message 12: by [deleted user] (last edited Sep 15, 2012 04:54PM) (new)

It would have been easier had Katniss not led Gale on.


Allison Tenetaur wrote: "It would have been easier had Katniss not led Gale on."

I don't think she ever led Gale on. They were best friends. She even told him she didn't have feelings for him. True she had a lot of trouble sorting out her feelings for him, but she never let him see that.


message 14: by Dee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dee I think she only ever really saw him as a brother, until that one kiss and then she was conflicted and didn't really know


message 15: by [deleted user] (last edited Sep 15, 2012 08:04PM) (new)

Allison wrote: "Tenetaur wrote: "It would have been easier had Katniss not led Gale on."

I don't think she ever led Gale on. They were best friends. She even told him she didn't have feelings for him. True she ..."


But even so...

Since it's one of the more obvious times, do you remember the kiss Gale and Katniss shared?

Katniss having allowed Gale to kiss her in that moment was a rather selfish act on her part, don't you think? And for her to get jealous over Gale having kissed other girls, even going so far as to question him about it?

Nonetheless, I will say, I think the culprit here was really Katniss's naivety. She most likely wasn't aware that she was sending out messages of any sort.


message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Allison wrote: "Tenetaur wrote: "It would have been easier had Katniss not led Gale on."

I don't think she ever led Gale on. They were best friends. She even told him she didn't have feelings for him. True she ..."


Katniss told Gale she didn't have feelings for him? When?


message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Catalina *The Cat Herself* wrote: "What book are you talking about when you say Wings?"

WINGS by Karilynn Pike i think...it's a faerie series. ugh im blanking


message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Annie wrote: "Nicole D. wrote: "Baylor wrote: "Well see love triangles are interesting but in the end you almost always know who the girl will end up with. Bella with Edward, Katniss with Peeta, etc. The only bo..."
OMG!!!love that book so much! i read it in less than 4hours, it had me up til like 3:3AM. OMG!!!Such epicocity!!!


Victoria I sadly saw it. I never really liked Katniss being with Peeta, it seemed as if their entire relationship was fake. So much stuff was set up for them, it didn't seem to me that it was "their" relationship.


message 20: by Hayley (last edited Sep 19, 2012 02:26PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hayley I knew it from the beginning because of how deep their connection went. How Peeta's dad told him about Katniss's mom on that first day of school, how Peeta saved her family with the bread, the dandelion that reminded her things would get better, and especially the 2 of them being in the games together. What were the chances? It was fate from the beginning. She didn't know he really liked her of course but as she gets to know him she starts liking him right away. Like when she realizes how he takes care of Haymitch not to get a leg up on her, but just because he's a genuinely kind person. Then in the games Peeta does everything to protect her and in the cave she realizes his feelings for her are real and she begins to feel something for him as well. I think it was hard for her to realize or admit that she loved Peeta through HG and CF because then it would seem like the capitol was getting what it wanted. She had to be free to make her decision without the capitol always pressuring her. But I knew from the beginning they would be together and if they hadn't wound up together I would have been so upset!


message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

i almost thought it was a waist of time because of the pattern she made in the book...almost as of she wanted us to stop reading it because you could see that no matter how terrible the setting of the book was, there was always going to be a happy ending.


back to top