Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

How Music Works
This topic is about How Music Works
Book Issues > More than one John Powell

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Cheryl is busier irl atm. (cherylllr) | 362 comments I was trying to figure out whether to combine How Music Works: The Science and Psychology of Beautiful Sounds, from Beethoven to the Beatles and Beyond with How Music Works and couldn't tell. But it also looks like there's a religious scholar and a scientist or engineer and maybe someone else publishing books under that name. I have no idea how to get accurate information - please can someone straighten it all out? Thanks!!

message 2: by Barth (new)

Barth Siemens (barthsiemens) The two editions appears to have been combined, as per your request.

Cheryl is busier irl atm. (cherylllr) | 362 comments Ok, but I'm more concerned about how many different authors have the same name. They might all be one person, but I doubt it. And I don't know how to find out for sure.

message 4: by Lee (of Shalott) (last edited Sep 17, 2012 02:37PM) (new)

Lee (of Shalott) | 163 comments There are no less than 11 John Powells listed in the Library of Congress - sometimes a birth year is there which helps me to disambiguate but it's definitely not fail proof. John Powell for How Music Works was born in 1955....