Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) Clockwork Angel discussion

Which is Better TID or TMI

Comments Showing 1-50 of 57 (57 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Jannah I don't know if this discussion is already up but which do you like better. The Infernal Devices or The Mortal Instruments. I like The Infernal Devices better because i read it first, characters are awesome, and I love the time period.

Saba same here!! for some reason im in love with any books featuring victorian london :P
n will!!! n jem!!! oh da heartbreak!! my heart bleeds for these guys -__-

Halle You are asking a question in which you have no idea the enormity of it. I sat staring at my screen making a mental Pro and Con list. After a mental war I have reached a conclusion: The Infernal Devices. GO TEAM WILLIAM HERONDALE! WHERE WE HATE DUCKS WITH A PASSION!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

The Infernal Devices, definitely. William Herondale...you just gotta love him.

message 5: by S. (new) - rated it 5 stars

S. I read TID after TMI and I absolutley ADORED TID

it's one of the best series I've ever read.. and lol yehh It's because of characters like Will, Jem, Tessa, Charlotte, Sophie... EVERYONE is interesting! and the plot! it's all PERFECT!

so yep I'm a TID fan too
and *sigh* WILLIAM HERONDALE<33

message 6: by Halle (last edited Sep 16, 2012 02:02PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Halle Then you must hate ducks. Those ugly little cannibals..

message 7: by S. (new) - rated it 5 stars

S. yep,

with ferocity!!! :-@

Isabel The Infernal Devices. Clary was too self-centered in the Mortal Instruments.

Ireland Reed The Infernal Devices all the way!! The time period is perfect and the entire plot is way better and original that The Mortal Instruments.

**Plus I love Will Herondale!!**

Isabel Ivy wrote: "The Infernal Devices all the way!! The time period is perfect and the entire plot is way better and original that The Mortal Instruments.

**Plus I love Will Herondale!!**"

Doesn't he sound so amazing?!

Hannah TID. i think it was more exciting, and i luv Will! i luv Jem too though :) i like the time period also, and the characters a better too.

Faith God, am I the only one who likes TMI? I honestly despise the love triangle in ID because it seems like a regurgitation of TMI. While I like Tessa And Will in ID, I like Jace and Clary much better. I think there is a lot more drama and supernatural stuff in TMI for me. But that's my opinion. You can go on hating ducks!

Shamika Faith wrote: "God, am I the only one who likes TMI? I honestly despise the love triangle in ID because it seems like a regurgitation of TMI. While I like Tessa And Will in ID, I like Jace and Clary much better...."

OH...TRUST ME...WE WILL! :P

Halle I would hope so. Blood thirsty bastards they are..

Shamika Said like a true will lover :) i'm rite there with u...but jem's not that bad...:)

message 17: by Halle (last edited Sep 16, 2012 04:50PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Halle The true reason I hate Jem is because he likes Tessa. I would think he was endearing if that wasn't an issue. After he makes his intentions known, I over-analyzed him and picked out flaws buried deep. That's got to be the only reason I don't like him.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

I like ducks, and Jem better

message 19: by Halle (last edited Sep 16, 2012 04:20PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Halle You don't understand dear William's messy history with ducks. Then you would understand his pain.

Shamika lol

Isabel Will<3 Sorry I choose guys for looks

Halle Will is very deep. You might have chosen for looks, but you got the full package.

Halle I love how this turned to a Will/Jem debate. Anything about Infernal Devices does.

Halle HAHAHA. That's hilariously true. I knew it was like something else, but I couldn't place it.

Shamika Halle wrote: "I love how this turned to a Will/Jem debate. Anything about Infernal Devices does."

Thats just a side effect of Love Triangles...:)

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Keshena wrote: "Halle wrote: "HAHAHA. That's hilariously true. I knew it was like something else, but I couldn't place it."

Lots of writers try their hand at snarky Joss Whedon-esque dialogue. Cassandra Clare is ..."

Haha, that explains a lot...

Faith If i had to choose one of the guys from ID, it would have to be Will though. Jem just frustrated me when he proposed. I was fully prepared to scream and throw the book. I'm a little too Will-obsessed. Tessa can be a dim-wit for not seeing how much Will likes her.

message 28: by Vanessa (last edited Sep 17, 2012 05:07AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vanessa i like Infernal Devices better. but i hope it ends on book 3. as much as i want to read more of Will, Jem and Tessa, i dont want it to be like Mortal Instruments. (well, i liked the CoFA, but CoLS was very disappointing for me)

message 29: by Susy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Susy Oh God, for me, this question is like: What do you need more, eat or sleep?
I can't just answer this. I love both sagas a lot.

Jannah Another reason I like TID better because it's only 3 books. The TMI is just too long and should've stopped at City of Glass

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

im more attached to the characters in TMI but i think the plot is better in ID.

Asser I can't pick. I just love both series. I mean, they're both AMAZING. BTW, also TEAM WILL here!!!!!

Elena TID

Kristine I've read both but I like THE INFERNAL DEVICES all the way :) go team WILL and JEM <3 love the characters and story here more than TMI.

message 35: by Jeni (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jeni I like them all. Different sides to an organization and seeing it evolve over the years.

As an aside, doesn't Jace hate ducks, too?

Jannah Tessa better be in the next book of TMI unless IM gonna die or punch Cassandra in her throat! Jk but in CoLS she was giving hints that Tessa helped in erasing Clary's memories.

Jannah Tessa better be in the next book of TMI unless IM gonna die or punch Cassandra in her throat! Jk but in CoLS she was giving hints that Tessa helped in erasing Clary's memories.

Chisom i feel like i loved the Infernal Devices a bit more since it was different from our kind of here and now stories plus TMI was dragged on a bit too long for me but i nevertheless love all books cassandra clare has created

message 39: by ria ☆ (new) - added it

ria ☆ I started off reading TMI first. I just liked reading TID better because it got me more attached to Will and Tessa! Plus Jem and everyone else!

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

I have to say TMI, first of, it came first. AND its not as much lover triangle drama in it as TID.

Greta TID. I prefer Tessa to Clary.

Ashley I like the both equally. I mean I guess I'm more excited for the Mortal Instruments but that's only cause I read it first. They're both amazing series!

message 43: by Pat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Pat I've read TID first. I've only read City of Bones in TMI series. So yeah I go with TID, because Will and Tessa and Jem. Perfect love triangle!!! 3 Also heart breaking. And Jace-Clary-Simon just doesn't work for me. But I really like Alec in TMI.

Elliegrace usually im all for firsts like my fav twilight book is the actual twilight and i read ID first so when i got TMI i thought i would like it better bc it was the first series but i think ID is actually better i think of TMI as a practice series so she could turn out some real gold otherwise know as william herondale

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

I think ID is better because 1) most people read MI first so it wasn't necessary to spend half the first book explaining everything. 2) her writing wasn't very good in books 1 and 2 of MI, but I think her writing progressed a lot, especially in ID. 3) I like the characters better. 4) I like the time period better, and the city XD

Charlie I would definitely have to go with TMI. I had so much trouble reading Clockwork Angel. It was after I finished City of Lost Souls, and I decided that I would read Clockwork Angel. I figured since it was by Clare, it would be amazing. It wasn't bad, but not amazing like TMI series. I hope Clockwork Prince is better and i wont have trouble reading it.

THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS ALL THE WAY!
JACE + CLARY FOREVER

tiffany i love both but if i had to choose infernal devices

Maddy lloyd TID all the way !!!!!!

message 49: by J.D. (new) - rated it 5 stars

J.D. Field TID the characters are better

Sherly I absolutely choose Infernal Devices!!! I really love the period, settings, the love triangle especially WILL HERONDALE!!! I wanna scream and throw the book away every time he does something stupid... But that's what make me love him the series so much....

« previous 1