Erudite Readers discussion

Random! > Which fictional character would you marry & why?

Comments Showing 1-47 of 47 (47 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michele (new)

Michele Brenton (banana_the_poet) | 11 comments I've been participating in a different discussion on Goodreads about the various pros and cons regarding the Wuthering Heights character Heathcliff.

One of the comments was that the commenter thought some of the other commenters saw Heathcliff as an ideal marriage prospect!!!

It made me wonder which characters people would consider as a lifetime partner/mate/marital encumbrance.

I'll have a think about who I might pick and get back tomorrow with my choice and reasoning. In the meantime please weigh in with your suggestions. Might be fun?

message 2: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new)

Jon (scottreadsit) | 5707 comments Mod
Michael wrote: "She Hulk. Brains, brawn, beauty."
Haha!

message 3: by Blood Bone and Muscle (last edited Sep 13, 2012 06:33PM) (new)

Blood Bone and Muscle So many amazing characters but truth can be stranger then fiction.

There is many characters that I'd like to follow around like a lost puppy. Which is kind of a sad statement, now that I think about it.

message 4: by Shenali (new)

Shenali (sheni_star) | 63 comments Blood Bone and Muscle wrote: "So many amazing characters but truth can be stranger then fiction.

There is many characters that I'd like to follow around like a lost puppy. Which is kind of a sad statement, now that I think ab..."

True, there are so many characters in books that consume you and make you fall in love with them while reading. But thinking about it, sometimes is pretty sad.

However on a reflective note, I guess I've always thought someone like Landon from A Walk to remember, will make a really good marriage prospect in my opinion.

message 5: by Blood Bone and Muscle (last edited Sep 13, 2012 10:56PM) (new)

Blood Bone and Muscle Landon, I should remember this name, this face. Why can I not?

Most of the books I read are much too fictional and the characters I like have a squire's list of flaws so deeply chipped in their beings that changing them would mean snuffing the world's history out like a match.

A Demon Butler, bona fide gentlemen of the trade?
An angry, sociopath alcoholic with too much power for his cracked mind to posess?
A soft, girly boy with a fetish for cute things and a spitfire personality to go with his incredible political position?

What kind of relationships am I going to get myself into when I date? I can't imagine.

I need, not them but... Someone that I can respect at all costs, that is not flighty and brings me back to reality. A true friend. :/

message 6: by Michele, The bookoholic! (new)

Michele C (mcgxo95) | 4897 comments Mod
This kind of reminds me of the group "Book Boyfriends" but yeah good question. I can think of so characters that I just adore. Blood bone and muscle I can see what you mean since many times a character is either too perfect or just has too many flaws.

Blood Bone and Muscle Yes, it's enerving, isn't it?

And you?

message 8: by Becca (new)

Becca (beccatheawesomeone) | 108 comments peeta. He is so sweet, and he can bake. Plus, when I am cranky and need sleep, he will make me chocolate wafles in bed!

Blood Bone and Muscle Hopefully not in bed but while you're there. ^^

Cute, though.

message 10: by Becca (new)

Becca (beccatheawesomeone) | 108 comments Oh yes, waffle mix, no matter how chocolatey, would not be fun to clean up.

Blood Bone and Muscle Peeta is certainly interesting. He made the Hunger Games easier to read for me.

message 12: by Michele (new)

Michele Brenton (banana_the_poet) | 11 comments There is only one fictional character I would consider ideal husband and life partner material and that is Severus Snape. I think he is exactly the right mix of flawed and heroic and strangely, given he is from a completely fantastic set of books, he seems the most believably real personality. And as I am a bit of a hypochondriac all those potions would come in handy :)

Blood Bone and Muscle They could, I agree. For me, I'd find him a little hard to be around but that's my opinion on the subject. It should not effect you.

message 14: by Dina (new)

Dina Heikal (dhekal) | 442 comments Jacob Reckless, from 'Reckless'. He's just so my type. Smart, mysterious, strong, loyal...I only wish he had a better sense of humor.

message 15: by Becca (new)

Becca (beccatheawesomeone) | 108 comments Sense of humor is essential. Thats another reason why I love Peeta. He is commited, but not such a work-a-holic to the poiny where he wouldn't want to have fun.

message 16: by Michele, The bookoholic! (new)

I'm thinking four from the divergent series. I am just obsessed with him :P

message 17: by Michele (new)

Michele Brenton (banana_the_poet) | 11 comments Blood Bone and Muscle wrote: "They could, I agree. For me, I'd find him a little hard to be around but that's my opinion on the subject. It should not effect you."

I'm most comfortable around 'challenging' personalities LOL Just as well considering my menfolk ;) They are wonderful but Snape would fit into my family fairly seemlessly. I suppose if he was a 'real' person he'd be a research chemist or similar or maybe a parfumier? Also handy skill sets.

message 18: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new)

I love Clary!

message 19: by David (new)

David Acevedo (davidcaleb) | 111 comments I'd marry Holden Caulfied or Heathcliff.

message 20: by Michele, The bookoholic! (last edited Sep 18, 2012 07:26AM) (new)

I also like Adrian from Vampire Academy and Noah
Shaw from Mara Dyer.

message 21: by Dina (new)

Dina Heikal (dhekal) | 442 comments Good for you...and as for Smeagol. interesting choice, but i'm afraid there's only one thing in his heart, his precious XD

message 22: by Dina (new)

Dina Heikal (dhekal) | 442 comments :D
well, if you're so sure then you've my blessing

message 23: by Michele, The bookoholic! (new)

Brandon wrote: "The only person I want to marry isn't fictional, but if I can't have her then:
Gollum/Smeagol
Yes. XD"

Is the non-fictional persona karina ;)

message 24: by Xdyj (new)

Xdyj Brandon wrote: "kevinjonaslover.♥ wrote: "Brandon wrote: "The only person I want to marry isn't fictional, but if I can't have her then:
Gollum/Smeagol
Yes. XD"

Is the non-fictional persona karina ;)"

Die in a..."

:)

message 25: by Michele, The bookoholic! (new)

Brandon wrote: "kevinjonaslover.♥ wrote: "Brandon wrote: "The only person I want to marry isn't fictional, but if I can't have her then:
Gollum/Smeagol
Yes. XD"

Is the non-fictional persona karina ;)"

Die in a..."

Haha funny I was joking though.

message 26: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (last edited Sep 21, 2012 07:58PM) (new)

My precious! LOTR JOKE!

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Brandon wrote: "kevinjonaslover.♥ wrote: "Brandon wrote: "kevinjonaslover.♥ wrote: "Brandon wrote: "The only person I want to marry isn't fictional, but if I can't have her then:
Gollum/Smeagol
Yes. XD"

Is the ..."

Oh. My. God. xD

message 28: by Michele, The bookoholic! (new)

Brandon wrote: "kevinjonaslover.♥ wrote: "Brandon wrote: "kevinjonaslover.♥ wrote: "Brandon wrote: "The only person I want to marry isn't fictional, but if I can't have her then:
Gollum/Smeagol
Yes. XD"

Is the ..."

Do you two know each other in rl?

message 29: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine (jazzyjams) | 1616 comments O.O *SNAP* that was the sound of my reality breaking... it's very delicate... or at least it was...

message 30: by Michele, The bookoholic! (new)

Wow okay then.

I also would marry Four from I am Number Four.

message 31: by Katrina (new)

Katrina Welsh (katrinawelsh_) kevinjonaslover.♥ wrote: "Wow okay then.

I also would marry Four from I am Number Four."

Agreed. Also Augustus Waters from Fault in Our Stars, Etienne/St Clair from Anna and the French Kiss.

message 32: by Michele, The bookoholic! (new)

Yes Etienne! How did I forget him..

Sam from I Am Number Four

message 33: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine (jazzyjams) | 1616 comments Hmm... I really don't know... Everytime I find a book character I really like, he gets a girlfriend and they are just so cute and perfect together that I completely forget the idea and squeal over them...

message 34: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) Jack (From: Dust Lands trilogy)
He's humorous, no afraid to fight for the ones he loves, he believes in fate and the rule of three. <3

message 35: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) Or Tobias! I love my Tobias :) if you dont know who tobias is then you should be slapped in the face with a brick

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Annie Wilkes from Misery. I love a woman who knows how to handle a man in bed. LOL

message 37: by Gary (new)

Gary Patella | 2 comments Coral Musker from Orient Express or Myrna Minx from Confederacy of Dunces.

message 38: by Madeleine (new)

Madeleine | 1065 comments Will Herondale, because he's amazing.

And he likes books.

message 39: by Riya (last edited Jun 18, 2013 08:50PM) (new)

Riya First Rudy from The Book Thief- no question. Then it would be Tobias from Divergent.

message 40: by Serena (new)

Serena Smithe | 4 comments Jerris fromThe Onyx Bridge because he is awesome, smart and super sexy! :)

But I feel like I'd have to be a polygamist, because I'd also marry Mr. Darcy and Edward Cullen lol

message 41: by Michele, The bookoholic! (new)

Triseaton3 wrote: "Or Tobias! I love my Tobias :) if you dont know who tobias is then you should be slapped in the face with a brick"

haha! I can't wait to see the divergent film

message 42: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new)

Penryn from Angelfall, but I think she probably would attack me with a samurai sword.

message 43: by Bipasha (new)

Bipasha (biqasha) | 15 comments Warner from Shatter Me. why? because he's warner. end of story.
or Etienne from AatFK...why? he's opposite of warner n equal candidate if i ever chamge my finicky mind!!!! ;)

message 44: by Bipasha (new)

Bipasha (biqasha) | 15 comments oh n riya^... im down for rudy as well!!

message 45: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new)

Bipasha{is eviscerated by fiction} wrote: "Warner from Shatter Me. why? because he's warner. end of story.
or Etienne from AatFK...why? he's opposite of warner n equal candidate if i ever chamge my finicky mind!!!! ;)"

Ooh Warner! I love the Shatter Me series!

message 46: by Chante (new)

Chante Either Andrew Parrish from The edge of Never because he's spontaneous, smart, funny and talented or Cole Holland from Alice in Zombieland because he's funny, strong, knows how to fight, smart, and protective of everyone he cares about.

message 47: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 23 comments Alex from Delirium. He would risk his life for Lena.