Surviving post-Kellan Kyle discussion

what are you reading?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 349 (349 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

message 1: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Robinson (kellyr90) | 24 comments Mod
What's your current book addiction?

message 2: by Keighley (new)

Keighley (keighleytypoqueen) | 25 comments for first time in a months took a few days break from reading, I am 'daving myself' for the sequel to love Unscripted, Love Unrehearsed by Tina Reber which is out tomorrow.
He is not quite as intense as Kellan Kyle but he is still pretty swoon-worthy

Kelly 'Perusing Princesses blog' (kelly-perusingprincesses) | 70 comments I read the first four installments of the Beth Kery (Because you are mine) series. Wow wee, it's a fab post Fifty Shades.
This is the first one: Because You Tempt Me (Because You Are Mine, #1) by Beth Kery
There are 8 altogether.

If I can't get my Love Unrehearsed tonight (because Amazon UK are muppets), then I will continue with the others.

Kelly 'Perusing Princesses blog' (kelly-perusingprincesses) | 70 comments Sorry, just to make it clear. I read all four last night - but they are novella''s, which form one big novel. A little annoying but totally worth it.

message 5: by K.A. (new)

Cool. I am on life of the party right now :)

message 6: by Sewmuchmore (new)

Sewmuchmore | 2 comments Avoiding commitment

message 7: by .Lili. (new)

.Lili. how's life of the party? do you know if it has a HEA? I made the mistake of reading shattered heart (which also dealt with drugs) and it was the most depressing book I've ever read. No HEA there.

message 8: by K.A. (new)

Not sure, im only about 1/2 way through. I will def let you know though.

message 9: by .Lili. (new)

.Lili. Brandy wrote: "Avoiding commitment"

I've been wanting to read this ebook - I even bought it- but I'm holding out for the next installment to come out. After being left on hold with the Breathing Series by Rebecca Donovan- I'm trying to make myself wait for stories to be complete before I read them. It's torture waiting for the next book to come out.

message 10: by .Lili. (new)

.Lili. Kelly wrote: "Not sure, im only about 1/2 way through. I will def let you know though."

thank you :)

message 11: by Laura (new)

Laura | 10 comments Crash and clas were good-lots of angst

message 12: by Sewmuchmore (new)

Sewmuchmore | 2 comments Lili wrote: "Brandy wrote: "Avoiding commitment"

I've been wanting to read this ebook - I even bought it- but I'm holding out for the next installment to come out. After being left on hold with the Breathing S..."

Yes, wait. I told my friend to wait to read it until the next one comes out. It is driving me crazy not knowing. GREAT BOOK. On my list of top reads

message 13: by Laura (new)

Laura | 10 comments Great idea to wait. The first book ended like hitting a brick walk with nowhere to go until part 2 is released!

Kelly 'Perusing Princesses blog' (kelly-perusingprincesses) | 70 comments Oh I read and finished: Love Unrehearsed (Love, #2) by Tina Reber over the weekend. Absolutely LOVED IT! A great Sequel and a fitting end to a great story.

Kelly 'Perusing Princesses blog' (kelly-perusingprincesses) | 70 comments Started: Sophie's Turn by Nicky Wells Really liking it so far. She reminds me a little of Bridget Jones. Knows how you get herself in a pickle! lol

message 16: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 5 comments I've been debating abour reading Avoiding Commitment. Is it really good?
I just finished the Breathing Series which was an emotional read and left me hanging.

message 17: by Laura (new)

Laura | 10 comments I would wait for part 2 to be available. The book stops short

message 18: by Sibylla (new)

Sibylla Matilde (sibyllamatilde) | 48 comments Stephanie wrote: "I've been debating abour reading Avoiding Commitment. Is it really good?
I just finished the Breathing Series which was an emotional read and left me hanging."

I loved these books! Very emotionally charged and different from the norm...

message 19: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 5 comments Summer ~ topping from the bottom ~ wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "I've been debating abour reading Avoiding Commitment. Is it really good?
I just finished the Breathing Series which was an emotional read and left me hanging."

I loved these boo..."

I think I'm going to wait til the 2nd part comes out. I keep reading all these series and then left hanging til the next book comes out.. months later.

message 20: by Sibylla (new)

Sibylla Matilde (sibyllamatilde) | 48 comments Probably a good idea... It does just kinda end abruptly... I forgot the second one wasn't out yet. I got it back when both books were on Smashwords before she pulled it to put it on Amazon.

message 21: by Bookish (new)

Bookish | 11 comments I loved Avoiding Commitment too even though it makes me totally crazy at the same time!!! Talk about angst....she totally kicks you in the gut several times with her words. It was great and has stuck with me long after I finished reading it!

Kelly 'Perusing Princesses blog' (kelly-perusingprincesses) | 70 comments Summer ~ topping from the bottom ~ wrote: "Probably a good idea... It does just kinda end abruptly... I forgot the second one wasn't out yet. I got it back when both books were on Smashwords before she pulled it to put it on Amazon."

Is Avoiding Commmiment good too, Summer? It won't be out until December 1st.

Kelly 'Perusing Princesses blog' (kelly-perusingprincesses) | 70 comments Scrap that, I mean't 'Avoiding Responsibility'. lol

message 24: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 5 comments I couldn't wait and read it. Now i'm left hanging again by another book.. UGHHHH

Kelly 'Perusing Princesses blog' (kelly-perusingprincesses) | 70 comments I know what you mean. It's why I tend to write reviews now, so I can remember what the book before was about. Reading so many books with different and sometimes, similar storylines do seem to intermingle in my tiny brain sometimes.

message 26: by Sibylla (new)

Sibylla Matilde (sibyllamatilde) | 48 comments Yeah, they are both great! A bit of mystery in the second one!

message 27: by .Lili. (new)

.Lili. Holy smokes Summer! Captive in the Dark- she really sucks you into the story. I don't even know if I should be feeling what I'm feeling.

Also, is the Avoiding series two books or three? I'm holding out until the series is complete. I'm tired of being left hanging.

message 28: by Sibylla (new)

Sibylla Matilde (sibyllamatilde) | 48 comments Lili wrote: "Holy smokes Summer! Captive in the Dark- she really sucks you into the story. I don't even know if I should be feeling what I'm feeling.

Also, is the Avoiding series two books or three? I'm holdi..."

IKR?! And as good and conflicted as CITD makes you feel, SITD is even more of a mindfuck! I seriously think it is one of my FAVORITE BOOKS EVER! You hate him, but you love him, but you hate that you love him. You want Livvie to escape, but you want her to stay. You want them to be together, but you can't imagine why. There's a few parts in the second book that I was FLOORED by and the ability of the characters to simply survive with their minds intact... UGH! I read them thinking I would probably never be able to re-read them, but I am finding myself wanting to now, only a couple weeks later.

I am not sure if there will be a book following Avoiding Responsibility. My thinking is yes, but AR does wrap up rather nicely and there is some great closure towards the end. I would maybe wait until you can get the second before you read the first, but they are really great books. Very emotional...

message 29: by .Lili. (new)

.Lili. @ Summer- I just started the 2nd one. Wtf?! It didn't start how I expected. I have a feeling it's going to be a loooong night....

message 30: by Laura (new)

Laura | 10 comments Lili wrote: "@ Summer- I just started the 2nd one. Wtf?! It didn't start how I expected. I have a feeling it's going to be a loooong night...."

Where did you find the second one ??

message 31: by Sibylla (new)

Sibylla Matilde (sibyllamatilde) | 48 comments Laura wrote: "Lili wrote: "@ Summer- I just started the 2nd one. Wtf?! It didn't start how I expected. I have a feeling it's going to be a loooong night...."

Where did you find the second one ??"

Are you talking Avoiding Responsibility or Seduced in the Dark? Both actually start out a bit unexpected.... and both are good!

message 32: by .Lili. (new)

.Lili. @ Laura: I don't Avoiding Responsibility yet (wish I did). I was referring to Seduced In the Dark.
@ Summer: SITD. I wish I could get my hands on Avoiding Responsibility - that one I have to wait until December.

message 33: by .Lili. (new)

.Lili. *have

message 34: by Sibylla (new)

Sibylla Matilde (sibyllamatilde) | 48 comments Ooooohhh.... yeah... the whole (view spoiler) thing kinda threw me for a loop.... Holy hell that was a good book...

message 35: by Laura (new)

Laura | 10 comments Lili wrote: "@ Laura: I don't Avoiding Responsibility yet (wish I did). I was referring to Seduced In the Dark.
@ Summer: SITD. I wish I could get my hands on Avoiding Responsibility - that one I have to wait ..."

Lili wrote: "@ Laura: I don't Avoiding Responsibility yet (wish I did). I was referring to Seduced In the Dark.
@ Summer: SITD. I wish I could get my hands on Avoiding Responsibility - that one I have to wait ..."

Ok! I got excited -thought it got released early!

message 36: by .Lili. (new)

.Lili. Summer, I just finished it. It's one of those books that you want to keep going and find out what happened. Then the closer to the end I got - I didn't want it to finish. As close to perfect as a series can be- better than 50 Shades (& I love 50 Shades! ).

message 37: by Sibylla (new)

Sibylla Matilde (sibyllamatilde) | 48 comments Lili wrote: "Summer, I just finished it. It's one of those books that you want to keep going and find out what happened. Then the closer to the end I got - I didn't want it to finish. As close to perfect as a ..."

I thought so, too.... it is so different than anything I have ever read, and I could NOT put it down. It dredges up all these emotions, and the strength of Livvie and her determination....wow..... because it was so different, it made it hard for me to say I liked it better than Fifty and Thoughtless, but after dwelling on it for a while, I think I do too. Like you, that is saying a lot! How did you like the ending? I LOVED IT!

Kelly 'Perusing Princesses blog' (kelly-perusingprincesses) | 70 comments I just finished: On Dublin Street by Samantha Young Holy smoking Scottish Highland Hotness, anyone else kind of fall in love with Braden? *fanning herself*

message 39: by Sibylla (new)

Sibylla Matilde (sibyllamatilde) | 48 comments Kelly the Kindlesessed wrote: "I just finished: On Dublin Street by Samantha YoungHoly smoking Scottish Highland Hotness, anyone else kind of fall in love with Braden? *fanning herself*"

Mmmmmm.... yeah...... Braden oozes sexy....

message 40: by .Lili. (last edited Sep 22, 2012 12:53PM) (new)

.Lili. Summer ~ topping from the bottom ~ wrote: "Lili wrote: "Summer, I just finished it. It's one of those books that you want to keep going and find out what happened. Then the closer to the end I got - I didn't want it to finish. As close to ..."

Summer ~ topping from the bottom ~ wrote: "Lili wrote: "Summer, I just finished it. It's one of those books that you want to keep going and find out what happened. Then the closer to the end I got - I didn't want it to finish. As close to ..."

The end was awesome. The book was so difft. I mean he did some f*cked up stuff to her and CJ Roberts was still able to make me fall for him. I couldn't help but see him through Livvie's eyes. I could go on and on. Sigh...What the heck do you read after such an awesome book?

message 41: by .Lili. (new)

.Lili. Summer ~ topping from the bottom ~ wrote: "Kelly the Kindlesessed wrote: "I just finished: On Dublin Street by Samantha YoungHoly smoking Scottish Highland Hotness, anyone else kind of fall in love with Braden? *fanning herself*"

Mmmmmm..."

Sexy Scottishman indeed!

message 42: by Parvin (last edited Sep 22, 2012 01:56PM) (new)

Parvin (parvinsdogs) Lili
I feel the same as you. Slave and Need are also good.

message 43: by Sibylla (new)

Sibylla Matilde (sibyllamatilde) | 48 comments Lili wrote: "Summer ~ topping from the bottom ~ wrote: "Lili wrote: "Summer, I just finished it. It's one of those books that you want to keep going and find out what happened. Then the closer to the end I got..."

Just be prepared.... nothing will measure up for a LONG time. I have read a couple pretty good books since, but they just don't hit me the same way. It has kinda ruined me for a while....

message 44: by .Lili. (new)

.Lili. Thanks Parvin! I'll check 'em out!

message 45: by Parvin (new)

Parvin (parvinsdogs) You re welcome Lili. Hope you enjoy them.

Kelly 'Perusing Princesses blog' (kelly-perusingprincesses) | 70 comments Oooh, I started: Futures and Frosting (Chocolate Lovers, #2) by Tara Sivec last night - nearly wet myself through chapter 7! :D

message 47: by Laura (new)

Laura | 10 comments Ok- loved loved Mighty Storm!!!

message 48: by Sibylla (new)

Sibylla Matilde (sibyllamatilde) | 48 comments Laura wrote: "Ok- loved loved Mighty Storm!!!"

Mmmm..... Jake.....

message 49: by Laura (new)

Laura | 10 comments Any other suggestions ?? Read naked and Dublin street this week

message 50: by Sibylla (new)

Sibylla Matilde (sibyllamatilde) | 48 comments Laura wrote: "Any other suggestions ?? Read naked and Dublin street this week"

I'm on a Lisa Marie Rice kick at the moment, and LOVING the hot alpha males.... finished Nightfire and LOVE Mike......

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7