Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows discussion

If you could perform one spell from HP, what would it be?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 58 (58 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

For me it would Expecto Patronum c:

LIKE MY FACEBOOK PAGE WHILE YOU'RE AT IT XD
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Harry-J...

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Levicorpus! xD

Gretchen I just want Molly's enchantments for house cleaning.

Avani Accio! It aids the laziness in all of us.

message 5: by *Kashi* (last edited Sep 12, 2012 07:11PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

*Kashi* I can't decide, ACCIO! LUMOS! REPAIRO! LEGILIMENS!
And Molly's housekeeping spells too.

Isabella (All Da Ladies Luv Leo) Thomas something that can speed up school time, exercise time and homework time and slow down computer time and tv time

message 7: by David (last edited Sep 12, 2012 07:46PM) (new)

David Acevedo Avada kedavra (to be used on Republicans) and Expecto Patronus!

Alexandre Tarantallegra!

Jeni Reparo

message 10: by Ayah (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ayah obliviate u never know when u just wish some one could forget wat just happened

message 11: by Jane (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jane Accio, so you can find all the things you lose (which for me are a lot of things)

message 12: by Ayah (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ayah Janet wrote: "Accio, so you can find all the things you lose (which for me are a lot of things)"

sameeeeeee

Sanjana Accio - how easy things would be! :-P
nd well expecto patronus als!

message 14: by David (new)

David Acevedo I'd use Imperio from time to time. Especially with politicians. You know... if you want things done well do them yourself, yes?

message 15: by David (new)

David Acevedo And either Crucio or Sectumsempra on religious bigots.

message 16: by David (last edited Sep 13, 2012 06:46AM) (new)

David Acevedo Protego (and Protego Horribilis, used by Prof. Flitwick in the final book to protect the Hogwarts castle) is also one of my favourites, and Bombarda Maxima.

Gretchen Alright I'll bite David. If you are going to use spells to kill and hurt those whose politics or beliefs you don't agree with what makes you any different from them? Peace, love and tolerance towards all. Those who agree with me and those who don't.

message 18: by David (new)

David Acevedo Gretchen wrote: "Alright I'll bite David. If you are going to use spells to kill and hurt those whose politics or beliefs you don't agree with what makes you any different from them? Peace, love and tolerance towar..."

That, my lady, is a shallow analysis. Republicans are not simply people who don't agree with my politics? Have you seen the news? Just yesterday I read that Republicans in Alabama are pushing a bill to erradicate condoms and the contraceptive pill based on religious beliefs! Not only do I not agree with that, I believe these people are dangerous. The law applies to all of us, not just them. If they moved to pass a bill that would only apply to them and the ones who agree with their politics, fine. I'd be all for it! But this is something that affects us all, and it is known that Reps want to push the nation backwards in time, what with their disregard for science (except, of course, when they're suffering of hiv or cancer... instances in which they abandon their prayer groups and run to the doctor at speeds that berate the MACH-4...), women rights, African American rights, equal oportunity and LGBTT rights. So yeah, given the chance, I'd eradicate them from the face of the Earth and wouldn't think twice before doing it. I'm just writing what many think but don't dare to say out loud.

message 19: by David (new)

David Acevedo Consider yourself bitten back. ;-)

Gretchen Some people fight fire with fire some use water. Peace to you David.

message 21: by David (last edited Sep 13, 2012 08:41AM) (new)

David Acevedo Peace to you too, Gretchen. Mind you, fighting fire with water is wise. Fighting fire with fire has value also. Some people just don't understand when you are diplomatic. Some people understand only when you pay them back with their same currency. There are individuals of both kinds in this world. One must always learn how to deal with both. In this regard, I'm both a water and firebender. :-)

message 22: by Katy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Katy David, I think the people you mean are "bigots, zealots and fundamentalists" not "Republicans", many of whom are quite normal and not at all a part of the extremists that are pushing that nonsense. Okay, a few of whom are quite ... umm .. I'm sure there are a couple people somewhere who identify as Republican who aren't completely off their rocker ...

Anyway, as to me, I agree with whomever said the cleaning spells that Molly uses - I could definitely use something like that around here!

message 23: by David (last edited Sep 13, 2012 09:46AM) (new)

David Acevedo Katy wrote: "David, I think the people you mean are "bigots, zealots and fundamentalists" not "Republicans", many of whom are quite normal and not at all a part of the extremists that are pushing that nonsense...."

I'll take your word for it, though I've yet to find even one decent Republican.

message 24: by David (last edited Sep 13, 2012 09:46AM) (new)

David Acevedo David Caleb wrote: "Katy wrote: "David, I think the people you mean are "bigots, zealots and fundamentalists" not "Republicans", many of whom are quite normal and not at all a part of the extremists that are pushing t..."

back to the topic: Molly's spells are kind of underrated in the series. They are awesome. I'd love to be able to produce them.

message 25: by Katy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Katy *shrug* I've just found that generalizations are, generally speaking, a poor way of understanding people. :-)

message 26: by David (new)

David Acevedo Katy wrote: "*shrug* I've just found that generalizations are, generally speaking, a poor way of understanding people. :-)"

fair enough, my lady.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Accio and Obliviate. Can't decide.

Cookie Accio. For the things that don't want to be found.

message 29: by David (new)

David Acevedo Man... the dirty things I'd do with Obliviate...! what a potty mind.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Ayah wrote: "obliviate u never know when u just wish some one could forget wat just happened"

so true.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

accio. I need it soooo bad...

Django Reparo, Accio, or- hold it. Scratch that. I want a Pensive

Emily Peña I would need Reparo and Accio. :)

Fanzura Accio brain. haha no actually i would love to use Petrificus Totalus just because it sounds nice when i say it ;D

message 35: by Ayah (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ayah Peeves wrote: "Accio brain. haha no actually i would love to use Petrificus Totalus just because it sounds nice when i say it ;D"

wat about saying Finite incantartum

Terry Rowbotham obliviate

Phillipp I dont want a spell, i want hermiones device for going back in time or a spell that does the same

Jillian L. Repairo. ( :|) I think I spelled it wrong)

message 39: by Evly (new) - rated it 5 stars

Evly Petrificus Totalus or Expecto Patronus
~Evly W. 8)

Lindsay Crucio, for everyone who pisses me off.

Cookie Lindsay wrote: "Crucio, for everyone who pisses me off."

Really? That is serious torture. Are you a Slytherin?

message 42: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma Porter Molly's house cleaning chores, Reparo, Accio, Aguamente, and petrificus totalus!

message 43: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma Porter Cookie wrote: "Lindsay wrote: "Crucio, for everyone who pisses me off."

Really? That is serious torture. Are you a Slytherin?"

??? Dude, you know that the spell can make them go insane?

message 44: by David (new)

David Acevedo Emma wrote: "Cookie wrote: "Lindsay wrote: "Crucio, for everyone who pisses me off."

??? Dude, you know that the spell can make them go insane?"

yes, it happened to neville's parents.

Avani Cookie wrote: "Lindsay wrote: "Crucio, for everyone who pisses me off."

Why would torturing someone mean you're a Slytherin?

message 46: by David (new)

David Acevedo Avani wrote: "Cookie wrote: "Lindsay wrote: "Crucio, for everyone who pisses me off."

Why would torturing someone mean you're a Slytherin?"

black and white... the world's not divided between good people and death eaters...

message 47: by Jo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jo For me it would be Accio, Expecto Patronus and Repairo! :D

Avani David Caleb wrote: "Avani wrote: "Cookie wrote: "Lindsay wrote: "Crucio, for everyone who pisses me off."

Why would torturing someone mean you're a Slytherin?"
..."

What does that have to do with being a Slytherin? The world isn't divided into good people and Slytherins either...

Mikaela I would like to conjure a full-body Patronus :)

Barbara either Impedimenta or one of those house cleaning spells (one that makes everything jump into an organized position)

« previous 1