On Dublin Street (On Dublin Street, #1) On Dublin Street discussion

What to read next??

Comments Showing 1-50 of 211 (211 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

Under The Cover Hi,

I just finished On Dublin Street and it just blew my mind!

But now, all I want is to read a book, or severals a little like this one:
* In Ireland or Scotland or somewhere like that. But somewhere that would not be the main character's hometown.
* With a male character like Braden (swoon...). You know with an Alpha male, with caveman tendencies but who's a sweetheart nonetheless.
* And an aduld fiction, as in something streamy! ;)

Can you guys give me some titles that might correspond to this description?

Pamela Bookaholic wrote: "Hi,

* In Ireland or Scotland or somewhere like that. But some..."

Try "Seducing Cinderella" by Gina Maxwell. I'd love to get your take on it.

Chrissy I really liked Seducing Cinderella. I thought it was a great story. I too am looking for some new ideas, let me know if you have any. I read alot so I will take whatever suggestions you may have. Goodreads has not steered me wrong yet.

Under The Cover Chrissy, here are a few suggestions for you:
*Heavie Issues by Elle Aycart
*Fallen From Grace by Laura Leone
*Tempting the Best Man by J. Lynn
*Hot in Here by Sophie Renwick

Pam, I'm currently reading "Seducing Cinderella". I'll come back to you on it once I'm done reading it.;)
But I can already tell you that I can't stand Stephen!

Under The Cover But if you have any more suggestions for me, I'll be happy the check them out!

Pamela Bookaholic wrote: "Chrissy, here are a few suggestions for you:
*Heavie Issues by Elle Aycart
*Fallen From Grace by Laura Leone
*Tempting the Best Man by J. Lynn
*Hot in Here by Sophie Renwick

Pam, I'm currently re..."

I look forward to it. :)

message 7: by Shellody (last edited Sep 13, 2012 06:36PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Shellody I loved On Dublin Street and wouldn't have thought they were similar, but I read (actually re-read) Knight right after it, and was surprised there were quite a few similarities that I probably wouldn't have picked up on had I not read dthem so close together....

Wow...that is the longest run-on sentence ever! I need an editor ;)

Amie I also have read on Dublin Street and Seducing Cinderella. Both are one of my favoirtes. Here are my suggestions to books simular to those.

The Opportunist by Tarryn Fisher
Avoiding Commitment by KA Linde
Thourghtless by SC Stephens
Effortless by SC Stephens
The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons (I just finished this and is my new all time favorite book!!!! You will love Alexander:)

K.A. Robinson The Mighty Storm. Its based in England
Thoughtless and Effortless by SC Stephens, they are based in Seatle, WA (USA)

Under The Cover I already read Thoughtless and it is definitely one of my favorites. Effortless is on my to-read list.

Pam, I finished Seducing Cinderella. I liked it a lot!

message 11: by Skye (new) - rated it 5 stars

Skye Etain Slammed.

message 13: by Skye (new) - rated it 5 stars

Skye Etain Christine wrote: "Naked by David Sedaris and The Mighty Storm by Samantha Towle"

thank you for your suggestions, i was looking for a new book too.

message 14: by Christine (last edited Sep 17, 2012 12:28PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Christine Art Addict wrote: "Christine wrote: "Naked by David Sedaris and The Mighty Storm by Samantha Towle"

thank you for your suggestions, i was looking for a new book too."

Thats too funny that when you hit reply it posts a different book. It's supposed to be "Naked" by Raine Miller

Layna Ooooh thank god for this thread, I just finished On Dublin Street last night, really liked it, loved the intensity.

I've read the mighty storm, liked that one. Haven't read the others I don't think :)

Alexis Was Naked by Raine Miller good? I purchased the sample but haven't started it yet. I saw that it was shorter than most books.

message 17: by Skye (new) - rated it 5 stars

Skye Etain don't know why the cover changed... weird... I started reading it... VErY good !!!

Christine There is a sequel coming out so it ends on a cliff hanger. But the sequel is due out next month.

message 19: by Katy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Katy Naked is good, a little lacking on character development but I ended up getting in to the story. I'll be reading the sequel. For a FANTASTIC short read (128 pages)c check out hearts in darkness!! Loved it!!!

message 20: by iDrew (new) - added it

iDrew Bookaholic wrote: "Hi,

* In Ireland or Scotland or somewhere like that. But some..."

try fairytale come alive by Kristen Ashley

Melissa Ok So I recommend:

The Mighty Strom by Samantha Towle
Falling Stars bySadie Grubor
The Devils Eye's and the Sequeal by Jennifer Loren.

I have had some pretty good luck latly with books :)

Trichia I really hope she puts a sequal out to this book. Maybe into Ellie and Adam's relationship? Possibly more heartache and loss within the family? I really don't want this story to end! I was so sad when I finished it!

Christine Trichia wrote: "Christine wrote: "There is a sequel coming out so it ends on a cliff hanger. But the sequel is due out next month."

a sequal to what book? Sorry I can't find what you are referring to. Hopefully O..."

Naked

Kathy Coopmans The new Kristen Ashley book "Creed" is flipping amazing. All should try it.

Alexis Really? I thought Knight was just ok.

Laura Alexis wrote: "Was Naked by Raine Miller good? I purchased the sample but haven't started it yet. I saw that it was shorter than most books."

Read it in a few hours! Great book

message 27: by Carole (last edited Sep 25, 2012 09:15AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Carole Dru wrote: "Bookaholic wrote: "Hi,

* In Ireland or Scotland or somewhere ..."

Try Once Every Never (Once Every Never, #1) by Lesley Livingston Once Every Never. It is so good. Also Carrier of the Mark Carrier of the Mark (Carrier Trilogy, #1) by Leigh Fallon

Kelly Alexis wrote: "Was Naked by Raine Miller good? I purchased the sample but haven't started it yet. I saw that it was shorter than most books."

Naked is very good. I'm with you. I try to purchase books that are longer. I just like to have more time to get into a book. But I really enjoyed it. There is a 2nd book coming out sometime this year

Alexis I just finished Unravel Me...it was so good. I would defintely suggest it as well.

Scimone Jackson I know how you feel. This book just was exceptional...now my old fantasy books barely do it for me anymore.

I would try "Down to you" I read that a little after "On Dublin Street" You'll love that. It starts off sexy and extremely funny. You'll fall head over heels inlove with Cash.

Scimone Jackson Trichia wrote: "I really hope she puts a sequal out to this book. Maybe into Ellie and Adam's relationship? Possibly more heartache and loss within the family? I really don't want this story to end! I was so sad w..."

She just announced on her blog that she's currently working on the sequel! :-)

Keighley This book reminded me of bared to you- with the screwed up heroine. Think I'm going to re read that next before reflected in you released.

And Yay to sequel :)

message 33: by MaL (new) - rated it 4 stars

MaL Ill tell you what NOT to read next and thats Thoughtless! ugh What a horrible book!! Worse lead female character ever!
Easy
Slammed

message 34: by iDrew (new) - added it

iDrew MaL wrote: "Ill tell you what NOT to read next and thats Thoughtless! ugh What a horrible book!! Worse lead female character ever!
Easy
Slammed"

thoughtless the sequel to effortless? omg worst book i started reading and keira is just lacks in self confidence but is also up herself at the same time!

Meghan Naked is a very good book. It does leave a very good cliffhanger. I can't wait for the next book this month. I am now reading Blindfolded Innocence pretty good I must say.

message 36: by MaL (new) - rated it 4 stars

MaL Dru wrote: "MaL wrote: "Ill tell you what NOT to read next and thats Thoughtless! ugh What a horrible book!! Worse lead female character ever!
Easy
Slammed"

thoughtless the sequel to effortless? omg worst bo..."

she was horrible!!

Carole MaL wrote: "Dru wrote: "MaL wrote: "Ill tell you what NOT to read next and thats Thoughtless! ugh What a horrible book!! Worse lead female character ever!
Easy
Slammed"

thoughtless the sequel to effortless? ..."

I really agree with you on thoughtless. I just wanted to go through a bottle of advil. I am reading Easy and it is the best. Also I read Fallen from grace - A+++

Fallen from Grace by Laura Leone

Carole Meghan wrote: "Naked is a very good book. It does leave a very good cliffhanger. I can't wait for the next book this month. I am now reading Blindfolded Innocence pretty good I must say."
I loved Naked, but I hate waiting for the sequels.
You should try Gabriel's Inferno, Gabriel's Rapture by Slyvain Renard

Gabriel's Rapture(Gabriel's Inferno #2) by Sylvain Reynard Gabriel's Inferno (Gabriel's Inferno #1) by Sylvain Reynard

Under The Cover Also I read Fallen from grace - A+++

Fallen from grace is just SOO great! It is one of my favorite actually!

And Down To You is pretty good too!

Carole Bookaholic wrote: "Also I read Fallen from grace - A+++

Fallen from grace is just SOO great! It is one of my favorite actually!

And Down To You is pretty good too!"

Oh! That looks really good, I am going to read that next.

message 41: by Mara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mara I wanted to read this book but it is not available to purchase for my nook through Barnes and noble. I also have an iPad that can use as my reader. Anyone else have this problem? Help want to read this book!!

message 42: by Jill (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jill Mp wrote: "I wanted to read this book but it is not available to purchase for my nook through Barnes and noble. I also have an iPad that can use as my reader. Anyone else have this problem? Help want to read ..."

You can download the Kindle app onto your iPad and download the book from Amazon. I've done this with several books that I can't get on my Nook. I also have the Kindle app on my phone so I save the books on the Kindle Cloud Reader and can read them on either my phone or the iPad.

message 43: by Mara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mara Love this book! Would love to read something similar! Love the Alfa Braden Carmichael type! Any suggestions?

Carole Mp wrote: "Love this book! Would love to read something similar! Love the Alfa Braden Carmichael type! Any suggestions?"

You can also try the mighty storm The Mighty Storm by Samantha Towle by samantha towle , which has a sequel coming out. If you don't mind vampires try The vampire shrink The Vampire Shrink (Kismet Knight, Ph.D., Vampire Psychologist #1) by Lynda Hilburn by Lynda Hillburn,

Traci Dru wrote: "MaL wrote: "Ill tell you what NOT to read next and thats Thoughtless! ugh What a horrible book!! Worse lead female character ever!
Easy
Slammed"

thoughtless the sequel to effortless? omg worst bo..."

agree, long book, and got on my nerves. skipped around. I do love gabriels inferno

message 46: by iDrew (new) - added it

iDrew Traci wrote: "Dru wrote: "MaL wrote: "Ill tell you what NOT to read next and thats Thoughtless! ugh What a horrible book!! Worse lead female character ever!
Easy
Slammed"

thoughtless the sequel to effortless? ..."

I've read gabriels inferno but i feel like it is enough as a single book, I've started to read the sequel but had to stop because i wasn't feeling it.

Traci give it some time, because it is worth it in the end!

Melissa If you want an epic book Read the the BRonze Horseman it is amazing and will rock your world. The Outlander Series is also based in Scottland and is a huge series.

Christina Melissa wrote: "If you want an epic book Read the the BRonze Horseman it is amazing and will rock your world. The Outlander Series is also based in Scottland and is a huge series."

I've been wanting to give this a try, I've seen a bunch of recs for it.

Vanessa Booke Carole wrote: "Mp wrote: "Love this book! Would love to read something similar! Love the Alfa Braden Carmichael type! Any suggestions?"

You can also try the mighty stormThe Mighty Storm by Samantha Towleby sa..."

I hated the Might Storm. :(

« previous 1 3 4 5