Start by marking “About Last Night” as Want to Read:
About Last Night

About Last Night

Sure, opposites attract, but in this sexy, smart, eBook original romance from RITA finalist and bestselling author Ruthie Knox, they positively combust! When a buttoned-up banker falls for a bad girl, “about last night” is just the beginning.

Cath Talarico knows a mistake when she makes it, and God knows she’s made her share. So many, in fact, that this Chicago girl knows
Published June 11th 2012 by Random House Publishing Group

Start your review of About Last Night
Kristen
Review posted at: Swept Away By Romance

4 1/2 Wonderful Stars!

I just fell in love with Ruthie Knox! I can't believe it's taken me so long to read one of her full-length books. Shame on me!

About Last Night is contemporary romance at its best! It's a character driven story that features an opposites-attract plot-line with a perfect balance of wit, angst, depth, and steamy romance.

I had a lot of fun getting to know the two main leads, Nev and Cath. They had incredible chemistry and very endearing
Jill
Mar 31, 2012 rated it really liked it

Mary Catherine Talarico, former Goth girl has turned over a new leaf. Cath is done with her bad ways, her dyed black hair, and men. Now she's got a great job she loves at the Victoria and Albert Museum in London, working on the history of hand-knitting exhibit. Nev Chamberlain is tall, blonde, conservative and all British. Since first seeing Nev at the train station, Cath has nicknamed him 'City'. With his expensive suits she knows straight away that Nev is a straight-laced city businessman.

Aft
Baba
Mar 08, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Well, all of my bookmarks just vanished. Poof! For that reason I'm gonna make this short.

The premise of About Last Night was very promising. Former US Goth girl who's into knitting meets posh and buttoned-up English banker. Yay! Unfortunately the execution fell flat. In all honesty I can say that I am not disappointed because I never had high expectations in the first place.

I think my main problem was the fact that I finished reading an outstanding book and came down to average level. About Last
♡Karlyn P♡
3.5 - 4 stars.
Talk about opposites!  Wealthy British banker Neville Chamberlain (named after a past Prime Minister), comes from a family steeped in money and is related to royalty.  He has a solid career working in the family’s bank, which is currently ran by his dear old mum and his oldest brother, and now he has a chance for a huge promotion – if only he would marry and take the role of ‘family man’ more seriously.

In contrast, there is Mary Catherine, aka Cath. She is an American working odd
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo KnoxAboutLastNightTitlebySueBee_zpse9488640.jpg
★★★★! About last night is a sexy, sweet, witty & feel good story about self exploration & growth, forgiveness & letting go, taking risks & daring to love.

“You brought me here with impure motives?” The idea gave her a stupid thrill.
He shook his head. “No. I developed them after you arrived.”

My sincerest thanks to my dear GR friend Ingela for reading this book with me! What made our buddy-read extra special was that we synced our reading and chatted every few chapters.
Ana
Mar 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Cath Talarico spends the time waiting for the train to show up to watch people.

She has some little stories about them, simply to pass the time. One of them is City, a well-dressed, handsome as sin, banker, in her own words:
...he was a Prince Charming in suit.

He probably had no idea that she existed, and the one night, after she got really drunk she ran into him, and things changed. She found out that beneath the slick image he presented to the world there's a sensitive artist in there.

For h
Jae
This was just one of those books. The one that saddened you with each flick of a page. Because with each flick you knew that you were getting closer and closer to the end page. And I simply didn't want the book to end.

I had so much fun with Mary Catherine and Nev. They were explosive, witty, crazy and very sexy together. I especially loved the dialogues because the posh English accent that Nev had was totally swoon worthy. And Cath was an absolute gem. Her inner thoughts were hilarious and very
Ingie
Mar 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 Cozy Stars - Nice, romantic and very hot - a good and entertaining CR novel

Last weekend (7-9 June), me and my lovely, and so well organized, friend SueBee, had a really nice buddy read together. We are both Swedes but SueBee live in U.S. and I am home here in Sweden. It distinguishes 10 hours, but with a neat and tidy, we got a great chapter for chapter reading experience together.

Thanks SueBee! - I really like to do it again some day. It was so much fun. And many thanks for the fine art pict
Dee
I thoroughly enjoyed RK's debut book Ride with Me and was looking forward to getting my sticky little fingers on this book too.

For various reasons I have been struggling to find the time to read but I did manage to finish this last night (or should I say the early hours of this morning!), and it was just what I needed....It was light and easy to read and didn't have a complex story line. For a light and easy read it had all the hallmarks I look for - a hot man, a strong woman and a good amount o
Karla

4 Stars!! Neville Chamberlain...you sexy Englishman...RAWRRRR!!

Such a fun book, with 2 awesome lead characters and a story to sink your teeth into. Witty banter, steamy sex, some anxious moments, all which flowed and blended nicely from page to page...right up until the end...where it sort of fizzled out. It wasn't a bad ending, actually it was very emotional, and quite lovely, but somehow it didn't feel complete and there were some unresolved issues, at least in my eyes. Maybe I just expect too
Saly
Jun 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
Rating 4.25
Mary "Cath" Catherine is a reformed bad girl and for the past two years her life has been all about no alcohol, no men and no self-destruction, just trying to make something of herself and her current low paying job is a step to what she hopes is a curator position at the museum and in pursuit of her job she finds herself agreeing to a blind date in exchange for getting something for the exhibit. Things don't go as planned and memories of her mother engulf her so she drinks and when s
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Jan 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Heather K (dentist in my spare time) by: Jill

Don't you hate it when you let a book linger without reviewing right away then you forget all of the brilliant things you were sure to say?

Well, this book was really, REALLY good M/F contemporary romance, made even better by a killer narration. Audiobook fans, give this one a go. It was an inexpensive audiobook (bought the ebook then the audiobook through Amazon for cheap) and it was SO worth it. The story was light, sexy, and funny and just overall easy listening.
Crista
****4 1/2 stars****

After the fun-filled, light, and humor-laced debut Ride with Me, About Last Night takes on a completely different vibe. Darker, more sensual, with a heavier subject matter, About Last Night is a story about one woman's redemption and her tumble into love.

How refreshing it was to read a romance where the heroine had the emotional baggage! Mary Catherine has had a rough life. She is currently trying to "turn over a new leaf" by leaving her old self-destructive behavior behind. T
Shawna
2 ½ stars – Contemporary Romance

This is one of those reads that most of my GR friends loved but was a big disappointment for me. The heroine was seriously annoying, the hero didn't really do much for me, and I didn't feel much of a connection between them other than opposites attract sexual chemistry, which even that wasn't very convincing.

Maybe my expectations were too high, but sadly, this didn't work for me. I loved the premise, but it just didn't develop or deliver the way I'd hoped.
willaful
4.5 stars. I wanted to read this because I've loved Ruthie Knox's posts at "Wonk-O-Mance," a blog about addictively offbeat romance novels. I wouldn't call About Last Night wonky, though it does break a number of unwritten romance rules; I actually felt a tad... disappointed isn't exactly the right word, but just a touch let down at first because the story seemed fairly conventional. But I was sucked in by the terrific characterizations and by the end, my mind was fairly well blown.

Cath, a peopl
Anna (Bobs Her Hair)
Jun 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Contemporary Romance
Grade: B - or weak 4 stars

A reformed bad girl meets a supposedly uptight, repressed, and privileged man. They have instant chemistry, sparks fly, and bodies ignite. The heroine has a rucksack filled with issues while the hero carries his little hobo bag.

Mary Catherine Talarico doesn't want to fall back to her old destructive ways (sleeping around, partying, drinking). Then, she doesn't feel good enough. Neville Chamberlain is less conflicted and didn't feel entirely revealed. His characterizati
Elizabeth (Liz)

Witty, charming, sexy. This story was all of these things, and yet it somehow took me a very long time to become invested in About Last Night. Admittedly, I appear to be in the minority on this one. So, likely, this is just my opinion and an anomaly.

If you enjoyed the author's debut, Ride With Me, give this one a try! Ruthie Knox is a top-notch writer!!

***With much appreciation, I thank Ruthie Knox, her publisher, and NetGalley for the opportunity to read an early copy of this book!
Amy
Apr 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing

“It had been a million years since she belonged anywhere, or to anyone.”

American born Mary Catherine (Cath) Talarico currently lives in London as an assistant curator at a local museum. Independent and self-sufficient, Cath has set her life in a new direction but she still bears the emotional and physical scars of bad decisions from her past. Experiencing a long-term hiatus from men, Cath reluctantly agrees to a blind date arranged by her boss. After the extremely boring blind date and too much
nick (the infinite limits of love)
4.5/5

Loved loved loved! This book was funny and sexy and so romantic. I loved every moment I spent with Nev and Cath.

Stella
May 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, for-review, 2012
I loooved Ruthie Knox’s debut novel Ride with Me, I seriously fell in love with her characters, her writing style and most of all her humour. So when after much stalking err.. I mean research I saw that her second novel About Last Night will be released just a couple of months later I was ecstatic! I’m telling you this because maybe due to my boundless enthusiasm for Ride with Me my expectations of About Last Night might have been a teeny tiny bit high.

After I was able to tear my eyes away from
Jaime Arkin
For the month leading up to the release of this book, every time I looked through my 'to be read' list my eyes zeroed in on this book so when it was finally released I rushed out and bought it and I wasn't disappointed.

Cath Talarico & Nev Chamberlain are complete opposites. He's a banker in stiff suits with a family legacy and she's... not. Art, tattoos and a history that she doesn't share with anyone are her thing. He's English and she's American. He's private schools and money and she's again.
Michelle [Helen Geek]
3 Stars

I liked this book, but had a few issues. Cath had multiple issues for somewhat valid reasons, but was trying to remake herself. Nev is trying to become his own person. So, you'd think this would work well and it does until about 50% through the book then it takes a turn that puzzled me. Up to this point, the romance dance Nev and Cath are on is a good one. They are beginning to know and trust each other. Then, Cath needs a donation for her exhibit and Nev needs a wife to secure his positi
Dora Koutsoukou
Although the blurb looked appealing, in the eleven chapters I read, both storyline and characters lacked in dynamism and emotions. It was flat.
While I wanted to know and learn about the characters, I was mostly informed of their sexual interactions.
I wasn’t captivated nor thrilled.
Dnf @ 38%
Erin
I don't even know where to begin with this book!! My heart is still racing and my iPad is still steaming, this story was smoking HOT!!! And it's not just that, I actually really loved the characters, the way the story flowed, and pretty much everything about this book! I can honestly say that I've read enough romance novels to know when I've found one that really stands out above the rest, and About Last Night does just that!!!

When we first meet Cath, she's shut-off from her emotions and makes
Kathleen
Dec 14, 2012 rated it liked it

**********
Content: Explicit sex, various cuss words and profanity
**********

Just barely 3 stars. Sorry to say, I liked Ruthie Knox's first book MUCH better. See Ride with Me. About Last Night started off really great and I thought I was in for a similar superb ride, but in the end I found it melodramatic, with shifting character portrayals, concluding with improbable plot contortions.

But it's still okay. Knox writes well, with sexy love scenes, tender moments and flowing dialogue. I really liked
Tellulah Darling
Sep 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-adore
Apparently, I had been living under a rock and totally failed to know of the existence of this book. But yesterday all that changed and I met the amazingness that is Nev.

My. God. He may be the one guy giving Barrons a run for his money as my top book boyfriend. And that's saying a lot.

I loved this book. It hit my romance trifecta of hot, swoony, and funny. Both Cath and Nev were fabulous and fabulous together. Happy bliss and a read that I know I will come back to again.
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Jun 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2012
So I finally got a Ruthie Knox after hearing so much about her everywhere.

I was not disappointed, it was funny, sexy and very well written! Oh and how gorgeous is this cover!!

I salute Ruthie for making a 'Neville' SEXY and I love that this time, for once, the girl is the one with the tattoos and the majority of emotional hang ups!! A refreshing change.

I loved both Cath and City. Their romance was HOT'n sexy, different, surprising but felt very real.

Cath has been dealt a pretty tough hand in li
Melanie
'About Last Night' was a sweet story about a woman who's lived a difficult life and is now desperately trying to live "right" and a buttoned-up banker who's not as stuffy as he first appears. While I did enjoy this story for the most part, it didn't resonate with me as much as Knox's debut story 'Ride With Me'.

This isn't an overly long story by any stretch, but it dragged in places and I found myself repeatedly checking to see what percentage of the story was left and skimming through passages,
Nefise
Dec 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is the second book that I read and liked, was written by Ruthie Knox.

I think, this book is not just a CR, it is also a kind of erotic romance. I don't know much author who can blend a good plot with full of sexy times.
I liked plot very much, a guy who from old money, works in a bank, loves painting very much, confident and respectful.
A woman who is full of unsecurites, yet sweet and determined to build a new life. It's an opposite attraction story with all aspects.

I liked how story starts
★Ingela★I like!★ & ★SueBee★bring me an alpha!★’s buddy read!!! 154 64 Jun 09, 2013 04:28PM
Romance Readers R...: AC: Ruthie Knox of About Last Night (June 12-13) 80 233 Jun 15, 2012 12:16PM
e-ARC giveaway begins 5/6/12 1 10 May 05, 2012 02:36PM
First two chapters are available through Scribd 1 14 Mar 28, 2012 08:22AM
Sneak peek of ABOUT LAST NIGHT 3 19 Mar 05, 2012 01:24PM

• Deeper (Caroline & West, #1)
  • The Professor
  • Crashed Out (Made in Jersey, #1)
  • Harder (Caroline & West, #2)
  • Rules of Entanglement (Fighting for Love, #2)
  • A Gentleman Undone (Blackshear Family, #2)
  • Handle with Care (Veteran Movers #3)
  • The Wicked One (Scandalous Brides, #0.5)
  • Flat-Out Sexy (Fast Track, #1)
  • Smooth Moves (Veteran Movers #2)
  • The Prince of Midnight
  • Ruined (Ethan Frost, #1)
  • Uncommon Passion (Uncommon, #2)
  • Contract Signed (Triggerman, Inc. #1)
  • Conor's Way
  • The Whole Package (Veteran Movers #1)
  • Heavy Issues (Bowen Boys, #2)
  • Dream Man
USA Today bestselling author Ruthie Knox writes contemporary romance that’s sexy, witty, and angsty—sometimes all three at once. Her debut novel, Ride with Me, is probably the only existing cross-country bicycling love story. She followed it up with About Last Night, a London-set romance whose hero has the unlikely name of Neville, and then Room at the Inn, a Christmas novella—both of which were f ...more

News & Interviews

“I didn't know you owned clothes with colors."

"I have a few things that aren't black."

"Of course you do, darling. Only all the ones I've seen are very small, and I get to take them off with my teeth. You've trained me to salivate at the sight of color, like one of Pavlov's dogs. Your top is making me very hungry.”
33 likes
“I promise you, whatever we are together, it's not a mistake. It's too good to be a mistake.” 28 likes