♥ YA FICTION BOOKCLUB ♥ discussion

13 views
WHAT ARE YOU READING RIGHT NOW?

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erika, Moderator (new)

Erika (erikamiller) | 63 comments Mod
What are you reading right now?!? Share with us what you are reading and your thoughts on the book!


message 2: by Erika, Moderator (last edited Sep 11, 2012 10:45PM) (new)

Erika (erikamiller) | 63 comments Mod
I just finished Switched (Trylle Trilogy, #1) by Amanda Hocking , it was amazing. I can't wait to get Torn in the mail! I am now finally reading Everlasting (The Immortals, #6) by Alyson Noel .


message 3: by Meadhbh, Moderator (new)

Meadhbh Barry | 20 comments Mod
At the moment I'm reading The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams. I can't link to it right now because I'm on my phone.


message 4: by Marie (new)

Marie | 5 comments I just finished Across the Universe (Across the Universe, #1) by Beth Revis and Under the Never Sky (Under the Never Sky, #1) by Veronica Rossi . They were both incredible. Especially Under the never sky.

I am now reading Rift (Nightshade Prequel, #1) by Andrea Cremer


message 5: by Erika, Moderator (new)

Erika (erikamiller) | 63 comments Mod
Marie wrote: "I just finished Across the Universe (Across the Universe, #1) by Beth Revisand Under the Never Sky (Under the Never Sky, #1) by Veronica Rossi. They were both incredible. Especially Under the never sky.

I am now reading Running the Rift by Naomi Benaron"


I have been wanting to read both of those books! Are they good Dystopian books? My all time favourite Dystopia books are the Divergent Trilogy, if you have read them do they match up to be as good as that series?


message 6: by Amy (new)

Amy victoria | 6 comments I've just finished Alpha (Shifters, #6) by Rachel Vincent Alpha and All Together Dead i loved this it was so funny, they were both amazing just starting Raven's Gate Raven's Gate (The Gatekeepers, #1) by Anthony Horowitz hope its as good


message 7: by Marie (new)

Marie | 5 comments ♥ Erika ♥ wrote: "Marie wrote: "I just finished Across the Universe (Across the Universe, #1) by Beth Revisand Under the Never Sky (Under the Never Sky, #1) by Veronica Rossi. They were both incredible. Especially Under the never sky.

I am now reading Running the Rift by Naomi Benaron"

I h..."


I wouldn't say Across the universe is better because it's so different.The world in Under the never sky is really interesting and the descriptions incredible.

In my opinion they match up to be as good as Divergent but they're really different.


message 8: by Meadhbh, Moderator (new)

Meadhbh Barry | 20 comments Mod
Now I'm reading The Chocolate War (Chocolate War, #1) by Robert Cormier


message 9: by Erika, Moderator (new)

Erika (erikamiller) | 63 comments Mod
Marie wrote: "♥ Erika ♥ wrote: "Marie wrote: "I just finished Across the Universe (Across the Universe, #1) by Beth Revisand Under the Never Sky (Under the Never Sky, #1) by Veronica Rossi. They were both incredible. Especially Under the never sky.

I am now readin..."


Okay cool, I might read them! Thanks =)


message 10: by Erika, Moderator (new)

Erika (erikamiller) | 63 comments Mod
Meadhbh wrote: "Now I'm reading The Chocolate War (Chocolate War, #1) by Robert Cormier"

Ohh Sounds interesting and different!


message 11: by Erika, Moderator (new)

Erika (erikamiller) | 63 comments Mod
About to read The Mark (The Mark, #1) by Jen Nadol :)


message 12: by Meadhbh, Moderator (new)

Meadhbh Barry | 20 comments Mod
I just finished The Forest of Hands and Teeth (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, #1) by Carrie Ryan and I'm now reading Blood Red Road (Dust Lands, #1) by Moira Young .


message 13: by Erika, Moderator (last edited Sep 25, 2012 04:32AM) (new)

Erika (erikamiller) | 63 comments Mod
Was going to read The Mark, but decided to read Temptation by Karen Ann Hopkins


message 14: by Gigi (new)

Gigi S. (triv_s) | 8 comments Insurgent (Divergent, #2) by Veronica Roth Which I'm really struggling through

The SS A New History by Adrian Weale Which is really, really interesting but it's also really hard to stomach.


message 15: by caitlin (new)

caitlin (thelittlefloof) Im reading Rapture by Lauren Kate at the moment, but i have had no time for reading lately so it has taken me a month so far!! even though it is one of my absolute favourite series.


message 16: by Marie (new)

Marie | 5 comments I'm finally done with Rift (Nightshade Prequel, #1) by Andrea Cremer . It took me forever to get to through it but it was a good book. I think that reading it just after Across the universe by Beth revis wasn't a good idea. My mind was still in ''Across the universe''.

Anyway, I started Obsidian (Lux, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout and Alice in Zombieland (White Rabbit Chronicles, #1) by Gena Showalter . They both are already so good and so addictive. Obsidian is a pretty classic story but it's a classic done right.


message 17: by Erika, Moderator (new)

Erika (erikamiller) | 63 comments Mod
Reading Ascend by Amanda Hocking not sure what to read next.. Pushing the Limits or The Host?!


message 18: by caitlin (new)

caitlin (thelittlefloof) i really want to read across the universe. its in my bookcase just waiting for me!! the host is amazing and i definitely recommend it!
right now im reading Maze Runner and Hunger (Gone #2). kinda addicted to dystopian novels right now!! i want to read the Knife of Never Letting Go after this.


message 19: by Erika, Moderator (new)

Erika (erikamiller) | 63 comments Mod
Caitling wrote: "i really want to read across the universe. its in my bookcase just waiting for me!! the host is amazing and i definitely recommend it!
right now im reading Maze Runner and Hunger (Gone #2). kinda ..."


Yeah I definitely want to read The Host, I will probably read Pushing the Limits and Finale before it since it is such a big book.

Is the Gone series any good? Let me know what you think of Gone book 2, I have been wanting to read that series!

That is the same with me! I am addicted to Dystopian novels, ever since I read Divergent! :D


message 20: by caitlin (new)

caitlin (thelittlefloof) ♥ Erika ♥ wrote: "Caitling wrote: "i really want to read across the universe. its in my bookcase just waiting for me!! the host is amazing and i definitely recommend it!
right now im reading Maze Runner and Hunger ..."


The Gone Series is amazing!! i love love love it! :) i seriously want to read divergent but i have so many other books to read that i have no time.....


message 21: by Erika, Moderator (new)

Erika (erikamiller) | 63 comments Mod
Caitling wrote: "♥ Erika ♥ wrote: "Caitling wrote: "i really want to read across the universe. its in my bookcase just waiting for me!! the host is amazing and i definitely recommend it!
right now im reading..."


You MUST read Divergent, it is one of my favourite series.. it is absolutely amazing. Let me know when yo get around to reading it! :)


back to top