The Sword and Laser discussion

A Memory of Light (The Wheel of Time, #14)
This topic is about A Memory of Light
Scifi / Fantasy News > Tor.com Posting Wheel of Time Facebook Banners all this week

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rob, Roberator (last edited Sep 14, 2012 01:40PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rob (robzak) | 6756 comments Mod
Not sure if anyone else cares about this, but Tor.com is releasing a new character FB banner each day. Click through to get the full size images.

Mat

Moiraine

Perrin

Rand

Egwene

Micah (onemorebaker) | 1071 comments thanks for posting the link to these. While I won't post them to my facebook profile I am somewhat of a digital hoarder and have been collecting the awesome WOT artwork that TOR has been releasing lately.

message 3: by Rob, Roberator (last edited Sep 13, 2012 08:48AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ooh Perrin's is pretty cool:

Edited and stuck image in OP

I'm actually using Mat's on FB..but don't care too much about FB either..I plan to just download/keep them all since they've been great so far.

terpkristin | 4132 comments Those are great.

message 5: by Rob, Roberator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Today's was Rand. I modified the OP to include them all.

I'll be curious if they do another tomorrow who it will be. Egwene maybe?

message 6: by aldenoneil (new)

aldenoneil | 1000 comments Darren wrote: "RIP Darrell Sweet and all, but the ebook covers (where these are from) have been so much better than the original covers."

Yep. I've love to see more insight on what goes into producing a cover, and stats on why what's chosen is chosen. Movie posters and book covers get very same-y, even across genres. I find it odd that a really great book cover is an oddity.

message 7: by Rob, Roberator (new) - rated it 5 stars

yea..it was Egwene. I'm thinking I may try to make some kind of collage wallpaper out of these..but the only editing software I have on my PC atm is paint..might be time to bring out the gimp!

William Bylaska Very cool! Thanks for posting! I'm only on book 4 so I'm not going to get to enjoy the celebration of the last book so much which is a shame... Hopefully I'll get to it before the new year.

Tai'shar Manetheren!

message 9: by Rob, Roberator (last edited Sep 14, 2012 02:20PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ok..so I made one..in like 15 minutes..As a warning..I'm an engineer..and as such have 0 artistic ability..(It's 1920x1080)

Wow, I want a copy of that work of "art"!

message 10: by Rik (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rik | 777 comments These are cool. The Rand one was is lifted directly from the cover of Memory of Light but where do the others come from?

message 11: by Rob, Roberator (last edited Sep 16, 2012 02:15PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rik wrote: "These are cool. The Rand one was is lifted directly from the cover of Memory of Light but where do the others come from?"

There was a link to ablog post explaining in each of the links I posted. This one talks about Egwene.

Darren mentioned that each come from the eBook covers.

Micah (onemorebaker) | 1071 comments Looks like they have stopped posting them. Dang. I was hoping they would produce one from every cover.

message 13: by Rob, Roberator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yeah it was only for that week sadly. I wish they did higher resolution too.

message 14: by Rob, Roberator (last edited Oct 10, 2012 11:29AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rather than making a new post, I figured I'd just add on here.

They released a wallpaper from the Knife of Dreams eBook:

Link for fullsize

message 15: by Rob, Roberator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Actually that looks to just be the latest in a series they've been doing all year.

If you go to The Memory of Light page and scroll down to the Art, Wallpapers, and Banners section there are ones from each of the previous books as well.

message 16: by Dirk (new) - added it

Dirk | 39 comments Can NOT wait for this book! It's times like theses that you wish you had a time machine.

message 17: by Jack (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jack (wineontheveldt) So cool! Thanks for these.

message 18: by Rob, Roberator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Posted Gathering Storm wallpaper.

Link for full size

message 19: by Rob, Roberator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Posted Towers of Midnight wallpaper.

Link for full size

Just a little over a month to go!