Vaginal Fantasy Book Club discussion

Tangents/Off-Topic Discussions > What is your e-reader's name?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 120 (120 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Matthew (new)

Matthew (mjbrooks) Many people name their e-reader. When it comes to using Amazon, it is especially handy since the name of the device will show up when you are shopping in a "send to device X" drop down.

I've seen a few threads elsewhere where people talk about the WiFi names that are around them and some of them were quite ingenious, so I thought it would be interesting if we shared the name(s) we've chosen for our e-readers.

Mine is "Nirvana"... in reference to the ideal attainment in Buddhism, not the band. :-)

message 2: by Laura (new)

Laura | 111 comments Mines called Paper Begone..heh

message 3: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Kearney (makeralfish) I named mine Oscar after Oscar Wilde and Oscar the Grouch.

message 4: by Amy (new)

Amy (yams) Oh wow, I normally name all my devices but this thread has made me painfully aware that I neglected my Kindle!

Will have to rectify this very soon :P

message 5: by Adele Jayde (new)

Adele Jayde (hawkeye2) | 8 comments My one is named Melissandre because the skin on my kindle is like a flowery flamey thing.

message 6: by Jessica (last edited Sep 10, 2012 12:42AM) (new)

Jessica (apsalar) | 9 comments Named mine Apsalar. Really like her and thought the name fit my grey kindle.

(and now remember that is the name I have on this account. I do really like that name :D )

message 7: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany (tiffanyfarrantgonzalez) I too have neglected to name my Kindle... I need to rectify this ASAP!

message 8: by Emy (new)

Emy (emypt) | 67 comments My tablet is Tribble... It started as a mispronunciation of tablet into Triblet, and then became Tribble. This seems now to have become the generic name in our household for a tablet... Sometimes I disturb myself. I'm not even a particular Star Trek fan!

message 9: by Fi (new)

Fi Miller | 75 comments Adele wrote: "My one is named Melissandre because the skin on my kindle is like a flowery flamey thing."

How very Kushiel....
^_-

message 10: by Tereza (new)

Tereza I have named mine Vademecum because it allows all my books to come with me anywhere I go.

message 11: by Lara (new)

Lara E Brown (larasaurus) Mine is called Wanda :)

I name everything. EVERYTHING.

message 12: by Bitchie (new)

Bitchie (matron) My Kindle was Fruit Fly.

She passed away on Friday.

Now I have to use my Nook. I don't like it enough to name it. Maybe "Accidental Page Turner".

message 13: by Lissalye (new)

Lissalye | 6 comments My kindles name is Adia. I'm a bit of a Sarah Mclachlan fan.

message 14: by Keith (new)

Keith (keithatc) Ummm...Stavros Popalous. I have no idea why

message 15: by Tanisha (new)

Tanisha Peck | 11 comments My Nook's name is Aing. I named it after the Avatar
cartoon series.

message 16: by Dani (new)

Dani | 3 comments My Kindle is Morrigan after the Celtic goddess. Come to think of it my phone is Branwyn after another Celtic goddess. All to do with ravens as well.

message 17: by Bitchie (new)

Bitchie (matron) Now that I'm adjusting to the Nook, it might deserve a better name than Backup. Maybe Fanfictionator, since I've been reading tons of fanfic lately?

Of course I don't think you can really name a Nook like you can a Kindle, can you?

message 18: by Lili (new)

Lili | 6 comments All of my electronics are named after demons. Custom PC= Asmodeus, Mammon is my xbox, Bubby (Beelzebub) is my Wii, Levi (Leviathon) is my kindle, Belphy (Belphagor) is my macbook, etc.

message 19: by Jim (new)

Jim (sleeplessjim) | 7 comments blushes .. its ..umm ... Jim's kindle ... hides in the corner in shame.

message 20: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (ndayeni) | 64 comments Jim wrote: "blushes .. its ..umm ... Jim's kindle ... hides in the corner in shame."

Psst...Jim...don't tell anyone but...mine's just "Michelle's Kindle"...so you're not alone :)

message 21: by Jim (last edited Sep 30, 2012 09:33PM) (new)

Jim (sleeplessjim) | 7 comments Michelle (aka Ndayeni) wrote: "Jim wrote: "blushes .. its ..umm ... Jim's kindle ... hides in the corner in shame."

Psst...Jim...don't tell anyone but...mine's just "Michelle's Kindle"...so you're not alone :)"

Although I have noticed lately, since downloading all the lovecraftian fiction etc... on moonless nights, it makes a strange moaning noise .. and some unidentifiable liquid is seeping from the page turn buttons. O.o

message 22: by Jules (new)

Jules (badwolf23) | 10 comments Oh wow...I use the kindle app on my iPhone/iPad, and Rey are just named Jules IPhone and Jules & Neil's IPad...I didn't think if giving them actual names...I am not totally off the wagon though...,my MacBook Pro is named TARDIS and my hubby dubbed our washer Mario. Now I need to name ALL of my electronics!!!

message 23: by Lina (new)

Lina (tseeta) | 17 comments In our house we name everything (really, the dishwasher's name is Herbert)
My Kindle's name is Elfenbeinturm, meaning Ivory tower, after the tower in the "Neverending Story" because it's this perfect place where I can enter lots of stories and get lost in them :-)

message 24: by Seawood (new)

Seawood Fenella. British folks of a certain age may remember Chorlton & The Wheelies: Fenella is the Kettle Witch.

message 25: by Ashley (new)

Ashley H. (ashleydoogah) | 20 comments Balzac pronounced the naughty way.

message 26: by Tourenne (new)

Tourenne | 3 comments I had a theme going for a while with naming computer bits (my netbook was BlackBook, the partition I saved everything on was BlackHole, and my external hard drive, though nowhere near indestructable, was BlackBox.) That seemed to have stopped with my latest desktop, Locutus. But the color theme resurfaced with my Kindle when I named it Slate, after its color and the whole writing-slate thing from way back when.

Our Wifi is named after an anime.

message 27: by Jute (new)

Jute | 238 comments Mine is Alexandria...after the library. Let's hope it doesn't catch fire!

message 28: by Mark (new)

Mark (shineywolfer) | 3 comments I named my Kindle Morganna after Morgan le Fey. I name all the things and occasionally I even give them googly eyes. My Kindle has broken from the theme I had been on of naming my technological devices after various AI from books and T.V.

message 29: by Pamela (new)

Pamela D (funisreading) | 6 comments I am a big Doctor Who fan, so my computer is named TARDIS and my kindle is The Library.

message 30: by Poison IV (new)

Poison IV | 1 comments Jim wrote: "blushes .. its ..umm ... Jim's kindle ... hides in the corner in shame."

Lol! Mine is named: Irene's Kindle....I wasn't as creative as I was on goodreads *pouting*

message 31: by Erica (new)

Erica (_erica) | 14 comments My iPad's name is Cloud Nine, which is a BSG reference to the luxury liner that is part of the fleet.

message 32: by Amber (new)

Amber (lanfear) | 1 comments My kindle is Much Ado About Nothing, because that's my favorite Shakespeare play and I feel like the title fits my daily habits.

message 33: by Ann (new)

Ann (retronatrix) | 5 comments Mine's Booker J Readington

message 34: by Jim (new)

Jim (sleeplessjim) | 7 comments Poison IV wrote: "Jim wrote: "blushes .. its ..umm ... Jim's kindle ... hides in the corner in shame."

Lol! Mine is named: Irene's Kindle....I wasn't as creative as I was on goodreads *pouting*"

hey lets promote it as simple living .. we of the simply named kindles .. unite!

message 35: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (rebazoe) "the hitchhikers guide"

message 36: by Charles (new)

Charles (CJGrabuski) | 2 comments I have a Nook *sigh* unfortunately and I have named it Isidora after St. Isidore and his Etymologiae which was like the first encyclopedia... and it's a Palimpsest by Catherynne M. Valente reference.

message 37: by Charles (new)

Charles (CJGrabuski) | 2 comments Jute wrote: "Mine is Alexandria...after the library. Let's hope it doesn't catch fire!"

That's beautiful. Here's to it not catching fire or burning out.

message 38: by Becky (new)

Becky Rivers My best friend named mine, "Bex's Portal of Knowledge". I think she wants me to learn something ;)

message 39: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (liviebutton) My kindle needed a pretty French name, so I called it Delphine.

message 40: by Emma (new)

Emma (coffee_addict) | 18 comments I named my Kindle "Hermione". Because it holds all the books. xD

message 41: by Arturo (new)

Arturo | 14 comments It's been two days and it still hasn't got a name. Might as well call him Dresden :D

message 42: by Zadiela (new)

Zadiela | 6 comments The Tome of Ever Reading!

message 43: by Emily (new)

Emily | 4 comments >_< I can't believe I forgot to name my Kindle. I name most of my devices. I only got it last week though so there's still time for a name to attach.

message 44: by Candy (new)

Candy (heartlessone) | 83 comments I honestly didn't know this was a thing! I need to do this, my poor Kindle probably has a complex, because I just call it "the Kindle". So sad!

message 45: by Raquel (new)

Raquel (ubergeekygirl) | 19 comments The name of my Kindle is Ermahgerd Berks! Heheh... I love it.

message 46: by Raquel (new)

Raquel (ubergeekygirl) | 19 comments Zita wrote: "In our house we name everything (really, the dishwasher's name is Herbert)
My Kindle's name is Elfenbeinturm, meaning Ivory tower, after the tower in the "Neverending Story" because it's this perfe..."

Love it!

message 47: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (lolaretayas) | 194 comments I'm glad I'm not the only one who names random household items... My kindle's name is Agnes and the app on my phone is Blaise.

toria (vikz writes) (victoriavikzwrites) I haven't named my kindle. But every computer, that I have ever owned, have been given the name Clarissa. Don't ask me why- The reason's lost in the mists of time.

Crankyfacedknitter | 27 comments My Nook is Calliope, after the muse of epic poetry. Her symbol is a writing tablet, and it made sense at the time. My first iPod was Polyhymnia (muse of hymns), and the one I use now is Euterpe (muse of song and Elegiac poetry). So that's kind of my thing, muses. Sort of. My netbook is Wash, after the pilot on Firefly, and that has nothing to do with muses...

message 50: by Tansy (new)

Tansy (tansbradshaw) My kindle is Bernard from Bernard Black from Black Books.

When I was setting up my ereader I was watching the show.

« previous 1 3