Young People Writing discussion

Reading > What are you currently reading?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 125 (125 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

★ Mist ☆ Cassidy ★ (rockclimbingirl) | 116 comments Mod
What book are you reading at the moment? Are you hating it or loving it? Let us know! :)

I just finished reading 'the Blood Red Road by Moria Young'. I strongly recommend that to anyone and everyone. This morning, I started reading Endlessley by Kiersten White. So far, it's pretty good.

How about you guys?

message 3: by Violent Vi (new)

Violent Vi (violetk) | 6 comments I'm reading A Long Walk To Water by... uhh...someone! Anyway it's about these to people from Sudan, one a boy another a girl, and they take place in different time periods. The lives are connected somehow but I'm not far enough to know what it is....

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

@Delaney i loved city of bones!

Im reading the book theif by markus zusak

Both Pet Cemetary and the Book Theif are on my to-read shelf. They both sound amazing :P

Violet wrote: "I'm reading A Long Walk To Water by... uhh...someone! Anyway it's about these to people from Sudan, one a boy another a girl, and they take place in different time periods. The lives are connected ..."

That sounds really interesting. Let me know what you think of it when you're done :P

§♫♪♥Delaney♥♪♫§ Wants To Help wrote: "City of Bones"

That's one of my all time favourite books. When/if you finish the series, you should try Cassandra's other series (the prequel one) called the Infernal Devices. It's even better in my opinion!

message 7: by Mig (new)

Mig (minzo) Reading City of Fallen Angels. :)

message 8: by Ophelia ॐ (new)

Ophelia ॐ §♫♪♥Delaney♥♪♫§ Wants To Help wrote: "City of Bones"

best.book.ever.
EVER!

message 9: by Ivy (new)

Ivy (iwanttocrawlintobookslivethere) | 24 comments Just finished Miss Peregrines Home for Peculiar Children and tonight will start a new book that name escapes my mind....

message 10: by Ophelia ॐ (new)

Ophelia ॐ Paperworm wrote: "Reading City of Fallen Angels. :)"

Are you liking it? I loved TMI series..can't wait for City of Heavenly Fire

message 11: by Reynan (new)

Reynan | 15 comments the catcher in the rye again...

message 12: by Ivy (last edited Sep 09, 2012 07:36PM) (new)

Ivy (iwanttocrawlintobookslivethere) | 24 comments Oh... it's the first book of Alyson Noel's Immortal series. That's what I'm starting tonight

message 13: by Ophelia ॐ (new)

Ophelia ॐ Evermore? I read that. It's good :)

message 14: by Emily (new)

Emily Hatcher (emsterdove) | 3 comments I just finished The Future of Us & i'm moving on to Water For Elephants.

Emily wrote: "I just finished The Future of Us & i'm moving on to Water For Elephants."

How was 'The Future of Us'? I've been meaning to read it... :P

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

I loved future of us. I finished it in a day

message 17: by Mig (new)

Mig (minzo) Ophelia wrote: "Paperworm wrote: "Reading City of Fallen Angels. :)"

Are you liking it? I loved TMI series..can't wait for City of Heavenly Fire"

So far, it's really boring. I'm even thinking of skipping this book in the series... but if i did, i will know nothing.

message 18: by Ophelia ॐ (new)

Ophelia ॐ Paperworm wrote: "Ophelia wrote: "Paperworm wrote: "Reading City of Fallen Angels. :)"

So far, it's really boring. I'm even thinking of..."

Yeaaah, it wasn't my favorite of the series- but don't skip it!

message 19: by Ophelia ॐ (new)

Ophelia ॐ Jordan (The Gleek) wrote: "I loved future of us. I finished it in a day"

Oh really? I thought it was alright...

Paperworm wrote: "Ophelia wrote: "Paperworm wrote: "Reading City of Fallen Angels. :)"

So far, it's really boring. I'm even thinking of..."

I really couldn't stand C.O.F.A. but there's a huge event at the end, that yeah, you really need to read. The next book, C.O.L.S. is a bit better though!

message 21: by Mig (new)

Mig (minzo) ★ Mist ☆ Cassidy ★ wrote: "Paperworm wrote: "Ophelia wrote: "Paperworm wrote: "Reading City of Fallen Angels. :)"

So far, it's really boring. I'..."

Okay. :D

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

I liked COFA...

message 23: by Ophelia ॐ (new)

Ophelia ॐ I realized, after I read CoLS for the second time...that I really hated it. First time I've ever declared my hatred for a Mortal Instruments or Infernal Devices book. And if your wondering why I hated it, I couldn't even tell you. I just don't know. It's nothing to me, compared to City of Bones. I don't know...

message 24: by Mig (new)

Mig (minzo) Ophelia wrote: "I realized, after I read CoLS for the second time...that I really hated it. First time I've ever declared my hatred for a Mortal Instruments or Infernal Devices book. And if your wondering why I ha..."

Now I'm panicking.

message 25: by Ophelia ॐ (new)

Ophelia ॐ Paperworm wrote: "Ophelia wrote: "I realized, after I read CoLS for the second time...that I really hated it. First time I've ever declared my hatred for a Mortal Instruments or Infernal Devices book. And if your w..."

Haha no you shouldn't. I just felt like...there was too much jammed into that one book. It was kind of rushed and don't even get me started on the Clary and Jace scenes..

Even though I love the TMI characters, I kind of wish they kept it with the original triology instead of adding three more books. I liked COB, COA, and COG so much better.

message 27: by Reynan (new)

Reynan | 15 comments ok.. done with the catcher in the rye... do have divergent and insurgent.. starting with Divergent first with these 5 factions.... arrggh.. love to read this book..

message 28: by Mig (last edited Sep 09, 2012 08:40PM) (new)

Mig (minzo) I forgot everything about Divergent... i read it the day it was released. Now I'm just.. what's all the hype about?

message 29: by Ophelia ॐ (new)

Ophelia ॐ Whaaaaat?? I loved Divergent! So good XD

message 30: by Mig (new)

Mig (minzo) I don't even remember if i liked the book or not... I really need to re-read it.

message 31: by Reynan (new)

Reynan | 15 comments yeah.. divergent is being compared to the hunger games... i love both. i reckon so.. lol

message 32: by Ivy (new)

Ivy (iwanttocrawlintobookslivethere) | 24 comments Oh I loved Divergent too!

message 33: by Reynan (new)

Reynan | 15 comments hi ivy.. what do you think about BEATRICE?

I remember really liking Divergent and Insurgent, but now, I can't remember a single thing that happened in them.

I do remember that I had a love-hate relationship with Tris. At some points in the book I really liked her character and in others, I really didn't.

message 35: by Reynan (new)

Reynan | 15 comments oh, i see. how about the passage by justin cronin? have you read that already?

i swear.. i have goosebumps all over.. also.. i've dreamt all about it.. i've dreamt about the characters.. that's why i loved that book..

the twelve-- the sequel of the passage will be released on oCT. 16TH..

message 36: by Ivy (last edited Sep 09, 2012 09:05PM) (new)

Ivy (iwanttocrawlintobookslivethere) | 24 comments Hmm...I think I really loved Tris even if I found her annoying at some points, but the overall Tris was awesome. She never lost her selflessness, but she overcame her fears and she never gave up.

Reynan wrote: "oh, i see. how about the passage by justin cronin? have you read that already?

i swear.. i have goosebumps all over.. also.. i've dreamt all about it.. i've dreamt about the characters.. that's w..."

I haven't even heard of it, to be honest. I'm guessing you recommend it? :)

message 38: by Reynan (last edited Sep 09, 2012 09:08PM) (new)

Reynan | 15 comments sure thing! it's an epic, Mist... read it and you will forget your own world... it's a block buster.. it has a movie on 2013..

I just added it to my 'to-read' list. It sounds really, really good. Thanks!

message 40: by Reynan (new)

Reynan | 15 comments wow.. thank you!

message 41: by Reynan (new)

Reynan | 15 comments have you read the perks of being a wall flower?

Reynan wrote: "have you read the perks of being a wall flower?"

No, I haven't, but I really want to! I can't wait for the movie to come out. It looks amazing!

Have you read the Blood Red Road by Moria Young? It's a really... different book. It's one I think every aspiring author should read. The writing style is just so unique!

message 43: by Reynan (new)

Reynan | 15 comments oh, not yet.. I heard that book already but haven't read it yet.. let me add that book to my "to-read" list...

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

I just finished the perks of being a wallflower: one of my favorite books ever!

message 45: by Reynan (new)

Reynan | 15 comments nice to hear that Jordan! I love it, too.. YEAH MIST.. I hope that the movie will be as lovely as the book.. I love Charlie much! by the way, I have already added the Blood Red Road (Dust Lands, #1) by Moira Young and I love the reviews about it...

Emma Watson is in it, so it should be pretty amazing :P

It's a really, really good book. It took me so long to get into, but once I got used to the writing, I was hooked.

Since it's post apocolptyic, the protagonist has never attended school so has no knowledge of spelling and grammar. It's written by her so everything is written as it sounds. Like 'exactly' is written 'ezzackley'. It's really interesting!

message 47: by Reynan (new)

Reynan | 15 comments i see.. it's sort of interesting.. i must read this book now..

Omigosh, omigosh, omigosh!!!

Beth Revis just reblogged one of my posts and followed my tumblr blog.

Kind of freaking out right now.

jasdfkasdjfk;sdafjk;adsjfk;saldjfk;asdljf;akdsjfakd;sjf;ksdaljfk;asljdfk;asdljfk;alsjfk;dalsjdf;kasljfda;skljdfakls;

:D :D :D D:D :D :D :D

message 49: by Mig (new)

Mig (minzo) ★ Mist ☆ Cassidy ★ wrote: "Omigosh, omigosh, omigosh!!!

jasdfkasdjfk;sdafjk;adsjfk;saldjfk;asdljf;akdsjfakd;sjf;ksdalj..."

Which one!??!
She reblogged mine, the Semi-Minimalistic Cover of AtU but she didn't follow me. Congrats!

Paperworm wrote: "★ Mist ☆ Cassidy ★ wrote: "Omigosh, omigosh, omigosh!!!

jasdfkasdjfk;sdafjk;adsjfk;saldjfk;..."

You just started following it too ironic enough! :P

shitayfandomssay.tumblr.com :D

I totally didn't realize you did that cover! I saw it on her page! :)

« previous 1 3