Reading the Chunksters discussion

The Brothers Karamazov
This topic is about The Brothers Karamazov
Archived 2012 Group Reads > Brothers Karamazov (B) - Reading Schedule (2)

Comments (showing 1-34 of 34) (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Andrea Here is the new schedule for BK. I did not build in any breaks because I think a lot of people would like to get this one done by the end of the year. We can always adjust as we go if people feel differently.

The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoyevsky

September 23 - Book 1, Ch. 1 - Book 2, Ch. 2
September 30 - Book 2, Ch. 3 - Book 3, Ch. 1
October 7 - Book 3, Ch. 2 - Ch. 9
October 14 - Book 3, Ch. 10 - Book 4, Ch. 5
October 21 - Book 4, Ch. 6 - Book 5, Ch. 4
October 28 - Book 5, Ch. 5 - Book 6, Ch. 1
November 4 - Book 6, Ch. 2 - Book 7, Ch. 1
November 11 - Book 7, Ch. 2 - Book 8, Ch. 3
November 18 - Book 8, Ch. 4 - Ch. 8
November 25 - Book 9, Ch. 1 - Ch. 6
December 2 - Book 9, Ch. 7 - Book 10, Ch. 4
December 9 - Book 10, Ch. 5 - Book 11, Ch. 4
December 16- Book 11, Ch. 5 - Ch. 9
December 23 - Book 12, Ch. 1 - Ch. 6
December 30 - Book 12, Ch. 7 - End

message 2: by Kristi (new)

Kristi (KristiColeman) Great Schedule! Yay!

Sera I love the schedule, too! Thanks for doing it and for keeping this read alive.

Everyman | 886 comments Is everybody ready to start discussing on Sunday??

message 5: by Marlene (new)

Marlene (rivera_bookjunkie) Everyman wrote: "Is everybody ready to start discussing on Sunday??"

Ready Everyman! I am enjoying the book so far.

Everyman | 886 comments Andrea -- are you going to set up a new set of threads for this new discussion, or do you want us to resurrect the earlier BK threads?

message 7: by Kristi (new)

Kristi (KristiColeman) There should be a new set. I will open later today is Andrea doesn't.

Andrea Sorry everyone, the first thread is posted so please feel free to get the discussion rolling! I've come to the conclusion after trying to start from where I left off that I just need to go back to page 1....hehe

Everyman | 886 comments Yes, I plan to go back to the start, too. Among other things, it will help me avoid spoilers.

message 10: by Ellen (new)

Ellen Librarian (EllenLibrarian) | 146 comments I've been reading the comments and found them interesting so I just got the book and will work on catching up.

Andrea Glad you aere joinging us Ellen. I'm on the 3rd week of reading and so far I really like it!

message 12: by Ellen (new)

Ellen Librarian (EllenLibrarian) | 146 comments Thanks, Andrea. I'm up to, I think, Chapter 3 and I'm liking it so far, too.

message 13: by Izzy (new) - added it

Izzy Holmes | 48 comments Didn't get to read this book last time and just received a copy will catch up as soon as possible. Looking forward to discussing it.

Andrea Izzy, I'm so glad that you are joining us in reading this book! It actually reads at a nice pace so I don't think you will have any trouble catching up.

message 15: by Sera (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sera I won't be able to start reading it until November, but I am determined to finish it up with the group. The Invisible Bridge, too.

Andrea No worries Sera, we will be here. I am reading the Invisible Bridge as well. It is very long but great! I may have to return my book and request it again since I am out or renewals.

QueenAmidala28 Andrea wrote: "No worries Sera, we will be here. I am reading the Invisible Bridge as well. It is very long but great! I may have to return my book and request it again since I am out or renewals."

I understand you guys. I'm in the same boat. Good luck!

Andrea By the number of posts it is looking like people are either behind or have put the book down. We could schedule a break for people to catch up but then we would not finish the book in 2012.

I am behind as well but I have some free time later this week to catch up.

Does everyone reading want to continue with the current schedule?

message 19: by Ellen (last edited Oct 30, 2012 09:18AM) (new)

Ellen Librarian (EllenLibrarian) | 146 comments I'm still working on catching up so a break would be good for me. I just hope other people will be there to discuss it with!

This is a tough book to slog through. Worthy, I think, but slow going.

Rosemary | 288 comments I am ahead so I don't mind if there's a break. I will just keep on reading and taking notes. I plan to finish by the end of November to claim it in a Fall season challenge.

message 21: by Sera (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sera I've started reading it and it is fantastic so far. I am still way behind but intending to catch up. I am ok with going either way in regard to the current schedule.

Andrea How about a 1 week break? Then if people catch up towards the end we could doub le up weeks so we can still get it finished by the end of the year. Does that sound okay?

message 23: by Sera (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sera Sounds good to me. I continue to make good catch-up progress.

message 24: by Kristi (new)

Kristi (KristiColeman) Should I post a thread for Nominations??

Zulfiya (ztrotter) Please do! :-)

Andrea I would say yes too!

message 27: by Ellen (new)

Ellen Librarian (EllenLibrarian) | 146 comments Me three. BTW, though I'm dreadfully behind, I am still working on BK.

message 28: by Sera (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sera I loved Brothers and can't wait for the next one.

message 29: by Ellen (new)

Ellen Librarian (EllenLibrarian) | 146 comments Can't say I'm loving it but I'm getting something out of it and it feels worthwhile.

Andrea I think I can, I think I can, I think I can finish this book this year! Well, I'm trying anyhow. I've got lots of reading time planned for this weekend. One of my other GR groups is doing a readathon so I'm hoping to finish my Monday night but it will be a stretch.

message 31: by Sera (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sera You can do it, Andrea!

Andrea Thanks Sera! I read another 40 pages today phewww!

Ginny I finished the Brothers over Christmas break-yay! Looking forward to the next chunkster!

message 34: by Sera (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sera That's great, Ginny!