*YA Awesomeness* discussion

THE SELECTION > Own it, Won't Read, or Borrowing

Comments (showing 1-29 of 29) (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Becca, The Mind Behind The Awesomeness. And Lover of Penguins. (new)

Becca (BeccaTheAwesomeOne) | 365 comments Mod
Do you own The Selection, are you not reading, or are you borrowing it?

message 2: by Becca, The Mind Behind The Awesomeness. And Lover of Penguins. (new)

I, Rebecca Corin Morgan, being of sound mind and body (since when has my mind been sound? Just forget that part...) , hereby declare that I do, in fact, own the hardcover edition of The Selection by Kierra Cass. I will be participating in all group activities concerned with this book.

message 3: by Amy (new)

Amy | 83 comments I own the kindle version but it won't let me share :(

message 4: by Becca, The Mind Behind The Awesomeness. And Lover of Penguins. (new)

Thats too bad. Although I am not sure if any other of our members own a Kindle..

message 5: by Gigi (new)

Gigi S. (triv_s) | 49 comments Becca wrote: "Do you own The Selection, are you not reading, or are you borrowing it?"

I'm going to try to get my hands on it (school libray for the win) but I'm so swamped with books right now that I'll be lucky to get to it! :-P And I really want to read it!

message 6: by Becca, The Mind Behind The Awesomeness. And Lover of Penguins. (new)

Oh thats great! The book is really good and I think you would enjoy it!

Jack Frost, Jaquelyn, Jackie:  {The empress of winter; The lonely white wolf } (elchornoboy) I won't and will NEVER EVER read The Hunger games.

message 8: by Becca, The Mind Behind The Awesomeness. And Lover of Penguins. (new)

Why won't you read the Hunger Games? You don't know what your missing outon..

Are you going to read The Selection?

message 9: by Becca, The Mind Behind The Awesomeness. And Lover of Penguins. (new)

I hope you are able to read Triv!

message 10: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Terrington (thewritestuff) Vamp queen wrote: "I won't and will NEVER EVER read The Hunger games."

Yes, why not? Don't tell me you saw the film and that's why...

Jack Frost, Jaquelyn, Jackie:  {The empress of winter; The lonely white wolf } (elchornoboy) There are books that I will read and watch the movie if there is a movie, but if there is just like the Hunger Games books, I will not read the books.

message 12: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Terrington (thewritestuff) Just not a fan of the violence, the themes or what?

message 14: by Gigi (new)

Gigi S. (triv_s) | 49 comments Oh I found it in my school library! Now I just need to find that stupid library card...

message 15: by Becca, The Mind Behind The Awesomeness. And Lover of Penguins. (new)

Hope you find it!

message 16: by Becca, The Mind Behind The Awesomeness. And Lover of Penguins. (new)

Hope you find it!

message 17: by Keru Faye (new)

Keru Faye | 5 comments I got it from the library today!

message 18: by Becca, The Mind Behind The Awesomeness. And Lover of Penguins. (new)

Yay! We beganreading yesterday..

message 19: by Keru Faye (new)

Keru Faye | 5 comments I know, but I couldn't get it until today.

message 20: by Becca, The Mind Behind The Awesomeness. And Lover of Penguins. (new)

That is okay! Have you started yet?

message 21: by Keru Faye (new)

Keru Faye | 5 comments Oh, yeah. I'm up to Chapter 5 at the moment.

message 22: by Becca, The Mind Behind The Awesomeness. And Lover of Penguins. (new)

What do you think of it?

message 23: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 4 comments In between a full college load and work, I finished The Selection in less than a week which says a lot for a slow reader like myself lol!! It was AMAZING!!!!!!! :D

message 24: by Becca, The Mind Behind The Awesomeness. And Lover of Penguins. (new)

Will you discuss it with us?

message 25: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 4 comments I'd love to!
Where do I even begin though??! *Possibly some spoilers though!*
I thought that America was a strong heroine with a good sense of what she wanted out of life. She is also pretty in control of herself which came in handy whenever the palace was attacked by the rebels.
Also, at first, I was a little hesitant to like Prince Maxon because I thought something would work out between Aspen and America (somehow lol!). However, after meeting him that first night, I knew I had been wrong not to like him. He was so understanding and caring! He tried to make all the girls feel so special, even if he had given his heart to America. As for Aspen, I don't hate him, but I don't really like how he acted in the palace. I feel he was very inappropriate, and if he had approached America better in her room, I think I would like and respect him more.
As for a favorite outside the main characters, I love May!! She is so ridiculous!! :) She is like your everyday boy-obsessed little girl! Her letters made for good comedy in the story :)

message 26: by Becca, The Mind Behind The Awesomeness. And Lover of Penguins. (new)

Hey, Jessica! I see your done with the book. Maybe I should put up some discussion threads and a review thread for ya?

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Becca wrote: "Do you own The Selection, are you not reading, or are you borrowing it?"

I own a copy. And I will be reading it :)

message 28: by Becca, The Mind Behind The Awesomeness. And Lover of Penguins. (new)

Yay! Please discuss it with us!

message 29: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 4 comments Becca wrote: "Hey, Jessica! I see your done with the book. Maybe I should put up some discussion threads and a review thread for ya?"

Sounds awesome to me!!:)