Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

A.J. Gallant
This topic is about A.J. Gallant
156 views
Book Issues > Books need to be put on Author page

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katy (new)

Katy (katyas-69) | 497 comments These books are by the above author, but listed as A.J. Gallant, which is how his name appears on Amazon, but I know the guy and it's the same guy. These are the books:
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15...
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12...

Thanks!


message 2: by Krystal109 (last edited Sep 09, 2012 03:54AM) (new)

Krystal109 | 1086 comments This is tricky because he publishes under A.J. Gallant, but his account is Albert Gallant. I don't know if the account needs to be changed or his books do.

I'm cleaning up all of his books as there are a lot of dupes and inappropriate linking to amazon in the official url location and description.


message 3: by Katy (new)

Katy (katyas-69) | 497 comments Krystal109 wrote: "This is tricky because he publishes under A.J. Gallant, but his account is Albert Gallant. I don't know if the account needs to be changed or his books do.

I'm cleaning up all of his books as ther..."


I have seen some places where the "account" name has been added as an additional author so they all get onto the proper page. *shrug* I dunno - it is confusing when they do that. Thanks for your help.


message 4: by Krystal109 (new)

Krystal109 | 1086 comments I will let rivka know, since she is the only one who could change the account. Right now, all the books are on his page as Albert Gallant.


message 5: by Katy (new)

Katy (katyas-69) | 497 comments Krystal109 wrote: "I will let rivka know, since she is the only one who could change the account. Right now, all the books are on his page as Albert Gallant."

Thanks


message 6: by Krystal109 (new)

Krystal109 | 1086 comments Looks like rivka fixed this. GR policy is that the author name must match the pen named used for publishing, unless the author uses more than 1 name.

Hopefully, the author will understand this policy and not get angry at the name change.


message 7: by Katy (new)

Katy (katyas-69) | 497 comments Krystal109 wrote: "Looks like rivka fixed this. GR policy is that the author name must match the pen named used for publishing, unless the author uses more than 1 name.

Hopefully, the author will understand this pol..."


I'm sure he won't mind; he's listed as A.J. Gallant on Shelfari. I think he just got a user account separate, using Albert, and then it got merged and not fixed back to his pen name or something like that...


back to top