CT Readers discussion

What are you reading right now?

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rose Ann (new)

Rose Ann | 29 comments I am currently reading Belong to Me A Novel by Marisa De Los Santos, and I'm really enjoying it! I loved Love Walked In, which is the prequel to Belong To Me.

message 2: by Rose Ann (new)

Rose Ann | 29 comments I am going to start The Thirteenth Tale A Novel today.

message 3: by Valerie (new)

Valerie I'm reading "Pearl's Secret" by Neil Henry. It is the story of a black man searching for more information about the white ancestors in his family line. I'm reading it for a book club. It started out good but I lost momentum and now am having trouble getting back into it.

message 4: by Terence (new)

Terence Hawkins | 1 comments I'm reading American Rust, by Phillipp Meyer. I'm either the best person or the worst to review it because it's set in my home county in Western Pa----called here, and in reality, Fayette Nam. I'll let you know when I'm finished whether it lives up to the buzz. Good, for sure, though.

message 5: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thenightowl) I've been reading the Outlander Series. I'm currently on book 3: Voyager.

Rose Ann, I think you'll love The Thirteenth Tale. It's a great story for book lovers.

message 6: by Rose Ann (new)

Rose Ann | 29 comments Yes...already finished and one of my favorites!!

Now I am currenty reading Life Is So Good for library book club

Also started Plain Truth

message 7: by Orchidfancier (new)

Orchidfancier | 1 comments Rose Ann wrote: "Yes...already finished and one of my favorites!!

Now I am currenty reading Life Is So Good..."

Hi Rose Ann...I just joined; I live in Orange. Good to see a local group. I try not to 'blog' too much as it just takes away from reading, right? I was given Life is So Good a few years ago; an appropriate gift for a tutor I guess. Haven't read it yet. Let me know how you like it. Linda/Orange

message 8: by Marc (new)

Marc A. | 11 comments I just finished Wally Lamb's latest "Wishin' and Hopin'--A Christmas Story." Now I'm reading The Miracle of Water by Masaru Emoto.

message 9: by Jason (new)

message 10: by Lindy (new)

Lindy (lindylee) | 53 comments I am readign a big pile of books right now including

Bach, Richard Illusions
Putney, Mary Jo Stolen Magic
Johansen, Iris Days to Live
Roberts, Nora Savor the Moment
Sparks, Nicholas The Last Song
Rose, M J The Hyponotist
Staub, Wendy Corsi Live to Tell paper
Hesse, Karen Just Juice
Quick, Amanda Burning Lamp

message 11: by Linda (new)

Linda | 38 comments Am looking forward to read the Henrietta Lax book. I just finished a true crime page turner called Salt of the Earth by Jack Olsen; it's an older book, well written & IMHO, measures up to any Ann Rule I have read. Linda/CT

message 12: by Jason (new)

message 13: by Jason (new)

Jason (jasonct) | 36 comments Just finished Faraway Places by Tom Spanbauer Faraway Places

- 4 Stars - review here: www.braincandybookreviews.wordpress.com

message 14: by Jason (new)

Jason (jasonct) | 36 comments Just finished The Postmistress by Sarah Blake The Postmistress

-3 Stars- Reviewed here: www.braincandybookreviews.com

message 15: by Lindy (new)

Lindy (lindylee) | 53 comments I am reading the newest by Beverly Lewis A Cousin's Challenge, Linda HOward Diamond Bay, John Hart Last ChildRhys Bowen Evan Gate and Karen Rose die for Me

Lindy/CT

message 16: by Jason (new)

Jason (jasonct) | 36 comments Just finished The Stormchasers by Jenna Blum The Stormchasers

-3 Stars- reviewed at: www.braincandybookreviews.com

message 17: by Lindy (new)

Lindy (lindylee) | 53 comments I jsut finished Ct author M. J. Rose's the Hypnotist

message 18: by Jason (new)

Jason (jasonct) | 36 comments Hey Nicole - Night is a must read I completely agree!

message 19: by Lindy (new)

Lindy (lindylee) | 53 comments Just started Andrew Gross's new one Reckless a new one in his Greenwich, CT series

message 20: by Jason (new)

Jason (jasonct) | 36 comments Just finished Little Green A Novel by Loretta Stinson Little Green: A Novel

-4 Stars- reviewed at: www.braincandybookreviews.com

message 21: by Jason (new)

Jason (jasonct) | 36 comments @Nicole - Are you enjoying them?

I've make up my mind and I'm going to try and read as many of the 'Scarletta' series from Patricia Cornwell this summer.

message 22: by Linda (new)

Linda | 38 comments Might I suggest you read Alice I Have Been by Melanie Benjamin. It's a fictionalized account of Carroll's young muse. I loved it. Linda/CT

message 23: by Beth (new)

Beth Michele (bethmichelewriter) | 1 comments I'm currently reading Blackbird by Cheryl McIntyre.

Blackbird (a Sometimes Never novella) by Cheryl McIntyre

message 24: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (emtmelissa) | 11 comments The Passage by Justin Cronin. Quite a long book, but its very good.

message 25: by Lindy (new)

Lindy (lindylee) | 53 comments I have been reading a lot of CT authors lately, but all I remember is Linda Urban, Joan Wolf both of Milford, I will have to look them up

message 26: by Megara 🧿 (new)

Megara 🧿 (lovemegara) | 13 comments I'm surprised I've never commented on this thread. I'm currently reading Smoke & Mirrors by Neil Gaiman, The Pocket Idiot's Guide to Feng Shui, one of Nizar Qabbabi's poetry books, and an anthology of African love poetry.

message 27: by Linda (new)

Linda | 38 comments Wow, Megara, you've got quite an assortment. I've just finished The Widow's War by Sally Gunning for a f2f book group. I enjoyed it. It was about the many dilemmas a widow faced in the late 1700's; as a fairly recent widow, I'm so thankful I live at this time in history. I'm finishing up The Brutal Telling by Louise Penny. I so enjoy this series and read one every couple of months.

message 28: by Jedah (new)

Jedah Mayberry (jmberry) | 9 comments Has anyone followed the Connecticut Authors Trail in the past? There is a CAT group on Good Reads. They appear to have a list of interesting titles.

message 29: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (greta5677) | 1 comments Just got Neil Gaiman's "The Ocean at the End of the Lane" today, plan on reading it tomorrow. Also reading Peter Straub's "Shadowland" and a collection of short stories called "This is Not Chick Lit".

message 30: by Lindy (new)

Lindy (lindylee) | 53 comments I uploaded about 300 Ct authors to the Ct group

message 31: by Linda (new)

Linda | 38 comments I'm reading The Sandalwood Tree by Ellen Newmark and very much enjoying it. FInished The Light Between Oceans the other day by Stedman & loved that one. FInally have lots of time to read. It's a good thing.

message 32: by Lindy (new)

Lindy (lindylee) | 53 comments I am reading:

Castle, Jayne ann After Dark
Arden, William, the three investigators in The secret of Phantom Lake
Beil, Michael D. the ring of Rocamadour
Steel, Danielle Irresistible Forces
Parker, Robert B. Double Deuce
Quick, amanda With this Ring
Kinkcade, Thomas A Gathering Place

that is at least most of what I am reading.

message 33: by Annette (new)

Annette | 4 comments Issac Assimov's Foundation and Empire. Simple clean cut sci-fi with vivid language. I like it, it has its quirks, and some witty banter.

message 34: by Lindy (new)

Lindy (lindylee) | 53 comments I am reading Sandra Rodriguez Barron's Stay with Me and realy loving the CT scene's like the Thimble Islands. She lives in southern CT

Also been reading Caroline Cooney who use to live in Westbook, young adult novels. The Janie series is great.