Phobias discussion

Discuss your Phobias > Share your Phobias - What are your phobias? (Refer to Phobia List if need be)

Comments (showing 1-50 of 80) (80 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Lucy (last edited Aug 29, 2012 02:48AM) (new)

Lucy (VintageQueen) Hello, everyone. Here is where you can share and discuss your phobias. For starters, I'll list my phobias for you.

Acrophobia (Ak-ruh-phobia) – Fear of heights
Arachnophobia (Ar-ak-no-phobia) – Fear of spiders
Atychiphobia (At-i-kuh-phobia) –Fear of failure
Automatonophobia (Aw-to-mat-ton-uh-phobia) – Fear of ventriloquist’s dummies
Basophobia or Basiphobia- Fear of falling (example: heights)
Claustrophobia (Claust-ro-phobia) – Fear of confined spaces
Cleithrophobia (Clith-ro-phobia) – Fear of being locked in an enclosed place
Coulrophobia (Kool-ro-phobia) – Fear of clowns
Demophobia (Dem-o-phobia) – Fear of crowds
Ligyrophobia (Lie-grow-phobia) – Fear of loud noises
Pupaphobia (Pup-a-phobia) – Fear of puppets
Scopophobia (Scope-o-phobia) – Fear of being stared at

message 2: by Angela (new)

Angela (anj-neophyte) Basophobia or Basiphobia- Inability to stand. Fear of walking or falling. (Falling)
Bathmophobia- Fear of stairs or steep slopes. (Steep Slopes only)

My phobia of falling sometimes was thought as dear of heights but no, They're different. :)) I don't fear heights. I fear falling from them. :)))

I Always slip in the steep slopes and at home, our stairs are small. Always makes me fall. :(

So far, That's all. :))

message 3: by Lucy (new)

Lucy (VintageQueen) :D I should change, mine, since I'm not afraid of heights but like you, of falling from them.

message 4: by Angela (new)

Angela (anj-neophyte) Yea, That's why sometimes I hate The metal Overpass because I feel the vibration of the cars from below that i thought maybe it would collapse or something and I will fall.

message 5: by Lucy (new)

Lucy (VintageQueen) Hmm... yeah, I agree.

message 6: by Angela (new)

Angela (anj-neophyte) =) So Fear of Puppets, Why? :)

message 7: by Lucy (new)

Lucy (VintageQueen) I find them truly scary, fearing that they are going to move without their strings. *shudders*

message 8: by Angela (new)

Angela (anj-neophyte) Try Dolls. *creepy*

message 9: by Lucy (new)

Lucy (VintageQueen) Agh! I don't like dolls either.

message 10: by Angela (new)

Angela (anj-neophyte) I have a fear in sleeping and never waking up. :(

But I'm not afraid of dead bodies. :)

message 11: by Lucy (new)

Lucy (VintageQueen) Interesting. Me too.

message 12: by Angela (new)

Angela (anj-neophyte) Yea, It's my dead to open up bodies :))

message 13: by Lucy (new)

Lucy (VintageQueen) :D

message 14: by Angela (new)

Angela (anj-neophyte) Opps, Wrong words in there. It's supposed to be:

Yea, It's my dream to open up bodies :))

message 15: by Lucy (new)

Lucy (VintageQueen) Yeah, that makes more sense. :D So like a forensic scientist?

message 16: by Angela (new)

Angela (anj-neophyte) Hmm,like that. I want to be a Pathologist. Study of diseases

message 17: by Lucy (new)

Lucy (VintageQueen) Interesting choice. I'm actually sort of afraid of diseases.

message 18: by Angela (new)

Angela (anj-neophyte) Oh. Why? :) Sorry If I ask Why always. I'm currently studying Philosophy and we are in Faith and Reason ♥

♥ Innocent Lamb ~ Forever Reading ♥ - AKA Smarties (NotJustAnyOrdinaryGirl) | 17 comments Okay, so my fears are generally nonsense and whatever and most of them there is no reason as far as I can tell... but yeah. So here's the list:

Acrophobia- Fear of heights
Chiraptophobia- Fear of being touched (To a certain extent. I'm okay-ish with being touched now, but I always get this wierd sensation that is really uncomfortable)
Zoophobia - Fear of animals (I think)
Ophidiophobia- Fear of snakes. (As in crazy hysterical screaming/crying/running away on sight)
Arachnophobia (Ar-ak-no-phobia) – Fear of spiders (Yeah, crazy scared of spiders...)
Atychiphobia (At-i-kuh-phobia) –Fear of failure (Not too bad, but I'm scared of failing and getting nowhere in life)
Basophobia or Basiphobia- Fear of falling (I think it has something to do with my fear of heights)

Most of these are old and for some of them, I'm less scared now compared to now than if you were to have asked me last year. However, there are some fears that I will never be able to properly shake off. My fear of snakes and spiders being one of them. I'd included those because I'm showing absolutely to signs of being less scared of those compared to my general fear of animals. Whereas with my beights fear, I am fine with heights until we get to where I'm way up in the air in an aeroplane. Or if I'm looking directly down, I'll freak.

message 20: by Angela (new)

Angela (anj-neophyte) Atychiphobia (At-i-kuh-phobia) –Fear of failure

Should Add that to mine.

@Innocent lamb, How did you become "less scared?"

message 21: by Lucy (new)

Lucy (VintageQueen) Nicole wrote: "Oh. Why? :) Sorry If I ask Why always. I'm currently studying Philosophy and we are in Faith and Reason ♥"

I find diseases are like strange things that crawl around in your body.

message 22: by Angela (new)

Angela (anj-neophyte) Oh, I agree. :) I want Cancer to be cured already!

message 23: by Lucy (new)

Lucy (VintageQueen) Same. My Pa, whom I loved dearly, died to cancer. :C It was so sad. Broke out hearts, especially since he was the fittest man I knew. He was blind too, so it made matters worse. I hope they find a cure very soon, so other people don't have to go through what I went through, with close relatives deceasing due to it.

message 24: by Angela (new)

Angela (anj-neophyte) A cousin of mine who I always though as my older brother died too. :((

Love Music 4ever Mrs.Effie Fuentes (LovePTV4Ever) | 2 comments Scoliodentosaurophobia- Fear of lizards

Acrophobia- Fear of heights

Atychiphobia– Fear of failure

Bathmophobia- Fear of stairs or steep slopes. (Only going down stairs afraid of falling)

Basophobia or Basiphobia- Fear of falling (example: heights)

message 26: by Lucy (new)

Lucy (VintageQueen) Nicole wrote: "A cousin of mine who I always though as my older brother died too. :(("

Sorry to hear.

SEMI PRECIOUS JADE (WingsofFreedom) | 18 comments um.....lets see

Slightly Cynophobic(having fear of dogs)
Arachnophia-spiders.

I think there are more but I dont know them yet

♥ Innocent Lamb ~ Forever Reading ♥ - AKA Smarties (NotJustAnyOrdinaryGirl) | 17 comments Yeah, I forgot to add Cynophobic to the list. I'll always be slightly scared of dogs.

message 29: by Lucy (new)

Lucy (VintageQueen) I was, especially since my friend's dog nearly ripped my face off. I'm scared of dogs except for my own, and even then sometimes I'm scared of him.

♥ Innocent Lamb ~ Forever Reading ♥ - AKA Smarties (NotJustAnyOrdinaryGirl) | 17 comments Looking at my list, I only just realised how long it is. And that is me being vague...

message 31: by Lucy (new)

Lucy (VintageQueen) Have you seen my list? I was being vague too... :)

SEMI PRECIOUS JADE (WingsofFreedom) | 18 comments ooh! i forgot!

Sort of Coulrophobia(fear of clowns)

message 33: by Lucy (new)

Lucy (VintageQueen) :D Isn't surprising when we list our fears actually how many things we are afraid of? It feels to me, sort of good to actually have a name for my fear, and knowing that other people are afraid of similar things.

SEMI PRECIOUS JADE (WingsofFreedom) | 18 comments mm

hm....whats the fear of being bitten?

message 35: by Lucy (new)

Lucy (VintageQueen) Umm... not too sure. Will look it up for you.

SEMI PRECIOUS JADE (WingsofFreedom) | 18 comments Thanks :)

message 37: by Lucy (last edited Aug 30, 2012 01:16AM) (new)

Lucy (VintageQueen) I just thought of more fears for me. Taphophobia – Fear of being Buried Alive, Catoptrophobia: fear of mirrors, but only at night

message 38: by Lucy (new)

Lucy (VintageQueen) Cnidophobia: fear of stings is the closest I've got so far for you Jadie.

SEMI PRECIOUS JADE (WingsofFreedom) | 18 comments Sarah (Antique Angel) wrote: "I just thought of more fears for me. Taphophobia – Fear of being Buried Alive, Catoptrophobia: fear of mirrors, but only at night."

ooooh yup same

SEMI PRECIOUS JADE (WingsofFreedom) | 18 comments Sarah (Antique Angel) wrote: "Cnidophobia: fear of stings is the closest I've got so far for you Jadie."

mm thanks:)

message 41: by Lucy (new)

Lucy (VintageQueen) Welcome. :)

message 42: by Lucy (new)

Lucy (VintageQueen) And another one for me: Hematophobia: fear of blood

SEMI PRECIOUS JADE (WingsofFreedom) | 18 comments Sarah (Antique Angel) wrote: "And another one for me: Hematophobia: fear of blood"

I know someone who has that. She acts a bit stupid about it though.......

message 44: by Lucy (new)

Lucy (VintageQueen) Ligyrophobia: fear of loud noises.

message 45: by Lucy (new)

Lucy (VintageQueen) My mum has Myrmecophobia: fear of ants.

SEMI PRECIOUS JADE (WingsofFreedom) | 18 comments I think I have a fear of just....bugs in general

message 47: by Lucy (new)

Lucy (VintageQueen) Ophthalmophobia: fear of being stared at.

SEMI PRECIOUS JADE (WingsofFreedom) | 18 comments Entomophobia:Fear of Bugs and Insects

message 49: by Lucy (new)

Lucy (VintageQueen) So many fears we have!

SEMI PRECIOUS JADE (WingsofFreedom) | 18 comments ikr!!!

« previous 1