Beyond Good and Evil Beyond Good and Evil discussion

the human condition

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vr (new)

Vr izadi everything we know comes either from ourselves or the things we forgot their origins ... in ourselves, e.g., our limits & freedoms.

Emily Iliani Vr wrote: "everything we know comes either from ourselves or the things we forgot their origins ... in ourselves, e.g., our limits & freedoms."

and things we do not know, where do they come from?

Emily Iliani Palden wrote: "Emily Iliani wrote: "Vr wrote: "everything we know comes either from ourselves or the things we forgot their origins ... in ourselves, e.g., our limits & freedoms."

and things we do not know, wher..."

Are you suggesting at divine knowledge?

David Pollard Palden wrote: "Emily Iliani wrote: "Vr wrote: "everything we know comes either from ourselves or the things we forgot their origins ... in ourselves, e.g., our limits & freedoms."

and things we do not know, wher..."

Not at all sure that Nietzsche really believed in cause and effect. Read Arendt's Life of the Mind on this. Also Pollard's 'Nietzsche's Footfalls'.

Onyango Makagutu Emily Iliani wrote: "Vr wrote: "everything we know comes either from ourselves or the things we forgot their origins ... in ourselves, e.g., our limits & freedoms."

and things we do not know, where do they come from?"

even the things we don't know come from our environment. i don't think there is any other source

Miles Gentry Our environment itself has a cause however.

Onyango Makagutu Miles wrote: "Our environment itself has a cause however."

what could have caused our environment?

Miles Gentry Onyango wrote: "what could have caused our environment?"

Perhaps we should define "environment" before continuing.

Harendera Chauhan Human behavior and nature are the main cause factors which affects our environment and this goes vice-verse.

Harendera Chauhan Human behavior and nature are the main cause factors which affects our environment and this goes vice-verse.

Soroosh Two of the important themes of the book are the relationship between knowledge and life which is very important for a project like Foucault's, and the Spinozist theme of ethics vs morality.

Zharko Miles wrote: "Onyango wrote: "what could have caused our environment?"

Perhaps we should define "environment" before continuing."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIGeD...

maybe not relevant to the conversation but interesting nonetheless, also ties in to Nietzsche views on nature and the universe.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

The biomass of planet earth is approximately 560 billion tons, and the planet doesn't care if it's compost or humans.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello, I'm D. Michael Poppe, I am 70, so I'm very wise. I was an artist for many years and then wrote a couple of novels. I'm an atheist, cynic, nihilist, protagonist, dreamer, oh, and idiot. I've read a lot of brainy books and I still don't have the answers. So I hope you talk like fools but eventually get to the truth.
I look forward to getting to know you all.